Avali Nexus

Full Version: Chimera's "Art" & "Crafts"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I draw stuff, and put the Avali related stuff here. Here's the first one:

And here is the other one.

During the conflict, I'd imagine the Avali used everything. Including their enemy's weapons, even if said weapons are still hot from the grasp of it's previous owner. Here, a tenacious pair have defeated one of their adversaries, and are "fighting fire, with fire," so to speak.
Is that meant to be Liandri in the second pic?

Sly unreal tournament reference if so
I can't say I've seen menacing Avali before. You're style makes it work really well, great stuff.
(12-03-2016, 05:15 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]Is that meant to be Liandri in the second pic?

Sly unreal tournament reference if so

Yes that's a reference, I think one of the huge corporations was the "benefactors". They would do something the general human populace would never do. Genocide, for instance. And they would be looking for resources, since they are a mining corporation. I hope someone mods these guys into one of the UT games...

(12-03-2016, 05:22 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I can't say I've seen menacing Avali before. You're style makes it work really well, great stuff.

Yep, I wanted it to look like desperation. They may be the only surviving members of their pack...

I don't know if you can tell or not, since I already know what's happening, since I drew this, but:

- the gun barrel is wrapped in cloth, but probably still burns for the guy holding the front end.

- there are scratches in the ground, from the recoil. They don't have the mass to completely mitigate it.

Also, I'm considering extending this picture, include another Avali picking up spare mags from the soldier, another one in the background lobbing grenades with a sling, and, not because I'm a sadist, but to make the feeling of desperation more apparent, an injured/dead one, with another mourning/trying to help him.

Run on sentences with many logical modifiers are my specialty.

ALSO: I'm working on a happy scene. A whole pack, just doing whatever each one is doing. Trying a human board game, tuning an instrument, or a weapon, preening another's feathers, all in this tightly knit cluster in the common area of their tent.
I had to make a double take to notice the wrappings, the rest of the detail I caught right away.

Those both sound like good ideas.
So, to break myself out of this lethargic-lack-of-motivation stupor that I'm in, here is a teaser of sorts. Monopoly can even divide a pack, though not for longer than the average ammonia-based hangover. So you should see the finished version of this soon...

Or maybe not. The Nexus won't let my upload attachments.

So, does anyone know what might be wrong? I put in the file, and click "Upload attachment", and then it just dissappears. Help would be much appreciated.
(12-22-2016, 06:16 PM)Chimera Wrote: [ -> ]So, to break myself out of this lethargic-lack-of-motivation stupor that I'm in, here is a teaser of sorts. Monopoly can even divide a pack, though not for longer than the average ammonia-based hangover. So you should see the finished version of this soon...

Or maybe not. The Nexus won't let my upload attachments.

So, does anyone know what might be wrong? I put in the file, and click "Upload attachment", and then it just dissappears. Help would be much appreciated.

You might need to upload to something like Imgur and then share here

Or throw stuff at Odin until he fixes it for you
Well, that's one of the most complicated years I've ever been through. Here's to the next year.

*Incoherent Screaming*WOOOOOOOOOOO*More of same*
Here's as good a place as any for this thing...

https://goo.gl/photos/dS43AAv3rEdGFQ6n6
https://goo.gl/photos/jDbhWwYHT71gjinH8

Go nuts. Or don't, if you're allergic.
I may take a shot at making another painted blaster. Probably a Rayven (flywheel operated, bullpup design) and give it a longer/more square barrel, maybe even get better motors/stronger battery for glory of Avalon. It'll probably end up looking like the AR "Blizzard" from the Starbound mod. Also, have some of my stupid screenshots from "Starbound but it has fluffy raptors."