Avali Nexus

Full Version: A furtive step into Communal Madness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I'm new here as a posting member, but I've been outside looking in for a while. Love these fluffy space raptors, and I'm excited to be participating in a forum for the first time. I like to draw, do videogames, listen to music, and hope to be an animator. I've done a couple drawings already, and will be working on more.

So, you'll be seeing me discussing, and posting drawings, suggestions for music to fit things, witty and stupid comments alike, and maybe try my hand at the "Holy 3D Fanart", as I've heard it called. But who knows what might happen here.

And I don't just draw Avali. Technically.
Heyo, and welcome to the forum!
Be ready for Shaadris or someone else posting a fancy gif to welcome you
[Image: nLZiWgv.gif]
Giffing complete. Welcome to the Nexus.
You can never leave. Or at least that's what we like to tell you.
(12-03-2016, 08:28 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ][Image: nLZiWgv.gif]
Giffing complete. Welcome to the Nexus.
You can never leave. Or at least that's what we like to tell you.

I wouldn't dream of leaving. Long term, that is.
Imma gettin' Starbound. For the fluffy space raptors. I'm not even going to TRY the normal races first. Not even start the game up before I get the mod. The Avali is the sole reason for me getting it. Any suggestions/advice?

I'll try the other races eventually... Maybe.
((Run on sentences ahead))

Frackin' Universe and Frackin' Races are some solid mods as well. Frackin' Universe does make some stuff more complicated though. I also suggest a couple music list mods, but I'm extremely biased there, the instruments are one of my favorite things. I use lots of QoL mods, I can share my list later if you'd like.
Higher tier planets are scary but hold juicy rewards. I'd suggest starting slow to catch on to things. Horde resources and weapons, store them somewhere and sell whenever you want to buy something because you lose percentage based pixels (currency) on death, you can drop items too depending on the difficulty you set.
Shields are your best friend and so are healing items, you also have two hotbars you can swap between, I think the hotkey is x. I suggest a combat focused bar and a utility focused bar. Get plenty of the base-game ores you find, stuff like gold, copper, tungsten, and the like, you'll use them beyond just early game.
There are techs you can get at the main outpost from quests. The sprint and triple jump techs are my favorites, but you should experiment with them and see which you like best. And don't forget to look hard for chests, they can be well hidden sometimes.