Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-31-2016, 01:57 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Change the hammer and scythe to Avali feathers and it might work.

You know, I wonder how many people nowdays actually know how to use a scythe properly.

(08-29-2016, 03:10 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [ -> ]i will withhold comments on this right now.

Same. In what is probably the most unexpected plot-twist of all, the revelation came to pass with hardly any drama and I see no need to take any action on it.

So, we can just about call it a successful experiment I think?
Depends on what the goal of the experiment was kinda.
(08-31-2016, 04:02 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-31-2016, 01:57 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Change the hammer and scythe to Avali feathers and it might work.

You know, I wonder how many people nowdays actually know how to use a scythe properly.

Same. In what is probably the most unexpected plot-twist of all, the revelation came to pass with hardly any drama and I see no need to take any action on it.

Depends on what the goal of the experiment was kinda.

Sickle.  SICKLE.  Not scythe.  It's used for controlled and quickly cutting hands of grasses or grains to be easily tied together, or for pruning and gathering bunches of edibles that grow in such patterns. 

Not a single plane non-rotary stalk cutter(scythe).  Also, yes I know how to use a scythe and sickle, but I suck with a scythe.

I assume the idea was to see if Marx could earn his way back in without causing massive drama in order to prove he wants to change.  But I am not psychic, can only speak from what I've seen.  And I was here when Marx finally got banned already but didn't know them in the slightest. 

Although I have met other people very much like that, I don't get along well with them.
(08-31-2016, 01:39 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]I have an idea
Nexus based propaganda
Mabey based off this?
Snip
You can thank me later
I have the artistic skill of a recently-deceased patch of algae, but I'm totally gonna take a crack at it.

Something like this, right?
Edit: Embeddeds don't keep time links apparently. 3: 36

(08-31-2016, 01:57 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]In what is probably the most unexpected plot-twist of all, the revelation came to pass with hardly any drama and I see no need to take any action on it.
I say yes. It blew up in nobody's face, which is a rather rare occurance around here (any word on that explosion insurance for the members?)
Herro. I'ma post here. Hello everybody.

Hmm... What revelation might you be talking about? I like revelations. And I even have explosion insurance in the form of soul copies.

Also, I'm a computer nerd. Big Grin

And I like bread
[Image: Gu656h8.png]
Only the toppest of quality posts from I.

(08-31-2016, 06:22 AM)Kohrokho Wrote: [ -> ]Herro. I'ma post here. Hello everybody.

Hmm... What revelation might you be talking about? I like revelations. And I even have explosion insurance in the form of soul copies.

Also, I'm a computer nerd. Big Grin

And I like bread

Revelation: One of our new members is actually one of our really old members who... left previously.
He is back, and he has finally, after quite a while, revealed that it is him after dropping many obvious hints that were taken as coincidence by most but the conspiracy theorists.
Surprisingly to all, this did not result in any of the Nexus' trademark DRAMA.

Bread is wonderful. Computers are wonderful. That feeling of emptiness and dread when you look up at the sky and watch the stars slowly fade into a deep, empty blackness, while eldritch horrors scream in your ears from the cracks in the earth is wonderful. You are wonderful. Hello again. I am Shaadaris. I am strange.

Have a free copy of SMUOTSBALANG, which is probably as close to a FAQ as you're gonna get.
I really should start handing these out with the welcome gif. The pamphlets are starting to pile up.

Here's the handy Shaadaris' Made-Up-On-The-Spot But Altered Later Avali Nexus Guidebook, or SMUOTSBALANG for short:
1. Don't be a jerk. #1 rule of the Nexus. Speaking of which, those are located here.
2. Beware page 169, or any mention of the number 169. Do not question this. Or do. Your call.
3. Don't expect a lot of activity. We're a small and humble forum with people spread all over, so things will be slow.
4. Ehks is the Grand Lord Administrator of Doom, or GLAD, a title I just made up. No but really though he's cool. Ehksidian, Segolia, and OdinYggd are the currently active moderators. Odin is also the one who graciously provides us with a website. We share this server with a prototype sexbot AI and Furby Skynet, which is a pretty accurate metaphor for our forum's standing. Seg is an adorable fluffball with claws and teeth and- basically think a cat but the cat is your boss. And nicer than a lot of cats. And bigger. And hypoallergenic! But yeah don't piss off the gods, for their wrath is... Well, nobody's been stupid enough to do it so I can't say, but I'm sure it's tremendous.
5. Please avoid putting anything excessively large in your signature.
6. If you post something very long, or a very large image or gif, or quote a post with one in it, please either  Snip (-snip-) it out or [Image: X6hihJg.jpg] (-snop-) it. Or spoiler it. Your choice.
7. Expect lots of non-Avali-centric discussion. While they are still around, since Ryuu stopped working on the SB mod and interest in Starbound has declined, they are rarely the topic of conversation anymore. Even now that development has started again and Starbound is released, they really aren't the focus, despite the name.
8. Go to your User Control Panel. Click Edit Options. Suggested settings to change, if not already changed, are:
-Display posts in classic mode: CHECKED
-Show friendly redirect pages: UNCHECKED
This will make browsing the forum be far nicer, in general.
9. Do not abuse the reputation system. In general, you should probably not even use it much. Don't upvote everything you like constantly, and don't downvote everything you don't agree with. The rep system is kind of broken anyway, and most people forget it exists or just don't bother with it in the first place. An accurate rep system it is not.
10. When you log in, go to avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/portal.php. Click new posts, and then on each thread, click the small green arrow. This will take you to the first unread post in that thread. Quite useful with the lack of alerts. Note that you may need to refresh the page for it to bring you to the right post - sometimes it just sends you to the bottom of the page instead, with some people.
11. I reccommend the Source Editor being set by default (the option is on the same page as the ones in 8). It's less finnicky and you can see just what BBCode tags you're using and which are affecting what text. Also very useful for RPing, since we use colours to differentiate characters, mostly.
12. The primary RP is currently the Semiserious RP. It has its own set of rules which I may add at a later date, but in general, think the title. Anything goes, but that's anything with an asterisk. Make sure it's reasonable and in general it'll probably fit in. There was and may one day also be a Serious RP.
13. While not nessessary to post there, I suggest the User Suggestions forum to post anything you're working on, primarily for long-term projects or large galleries or the like.
14. Try to keep it mostly SFW. This is on the official rules, but considering the amount of grains of salt that have been taken with it, especially on a certain recurring page, this is sort of more a "we'd appreciate it and you might get in trouble if you're TOO bad about it" rule. Save it for 169.
15. We are sticking to the one-primary-discussion-thread system, as doing otherwise would lead to things being too broken up for a small community.
16. [Image: Zuh4d7k.gif]
17. Please try to keep any severe personal issues out of the thread. It's okay to rant once in a while, and everyone does so, but don't repeatedly bring up your issues and especially don't expect anyone here to be obliged to help (or able to for that matter). Drama, in some form or another, has been the cause of probably 70% of our old members leaving, and that's a conservative estimate.
18. We do not currently have any official game servers up. I may update the SMUOTSBALANG if we do.

Have a nice day/night/timezones/time-means-nothing-in-this-reality.
Should I be financially irresponsible and buy Clan Wave 3 for MWO?
I'm pretty lacking in omnimechs and half of wave 3 is currently considered best in its class while the other half is considered quite viable.
[Image: f81.gif]
I'm not sure does Surge need this
(08-31-2016, 02:47 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ][Image: f81.gif]
I'm not sure does Surge need this

I'm not Surge, but I'd say this'd fit nicely in his repertoire.
Also, nice new avatar.
(08-31-2016, 08:30 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not Surge, but I'd say this'd fit nicely in his repertoire.
Also, nice new avatar.

Thanks, done it yesterday, it's just a portion of the full Image
http://scn3-null.tumblr.com/post/149740339304/
Jetpack.

That is all.
umby drop
[Image: tumblr_ocszkvcPrp1un0emko1_1280.png]

(09-01-2016, 02:23 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Jetpack.

That is all.

Jet kinda left the whole avali ordeal already, unless you're mentioning something else
(09-01-2016, 02:26 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]umby drop

(09-01-2016, 02:23 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Jetpack.

That is all.

Jet kinda left the whole avali ordeal already, unless you're mentioning something else

He is.
(09-01-2016, 02:55 AM)Jetpack725 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016, 02:26 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]umby drop

He is.

what's with everything suddenly popping in and out, do I have a lose valve or something?
Youtube is demonetizing videos that contain swearing and controversial subjects like war and stuff...
Yyyyyyep... That's a thing now...
(09-01-2016, 03:31 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016, 02:55 AM)Jetpack725 Wrote: [ -> ]He is.

what's with everything suddenly popping in and out, do I have a lose valve or something?

Nah, you just have a bug in your code creating digital ghosts of past users.

It's cyber-spooky.
(09-01-2016, 07:56 AM)SilverOtter Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016, 03:31 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]what's with everything suddenly popping in and out, do I have a lose valve or something?

Nah, you just have a bug in your code creating digital ghosts of past users.

It's cyber-spooky.

Bzzzz error... 01001000 01101001
(09-01-2016, 06:21 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Youtube is demonetizing videos that contain swearing and controversial subjects like war and stuff...
RIP SovietWomble
(09-01-2016, 11:18 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-01-2016, 06:21 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]Youtube is demonetizing videos that contain swearing and controversial subjects like war and stuff...
RIP SovietWomble

Well they have to keep up their corporate image after all. Very clearly, Youtube is only intended for family friendly entertainment like cat videos, movie trailers, and TV documentaries about ancient history.
[Image: 3165a7ab805ea25216c5db5bd8b54192.jpg]
This is an absolutely horrific idea. Which is why it must be done.
What I have done here is I have taken a 75 ton heavy mech and fitted it with 4 extended range particle projection cannons (ERPPCs), these are some of the most powerful and hottest energy weapons that a battlemech can mount, punching person sized holes into mechs from a comfy 810 meters away, and 4 of them can generally be expected to force an 80+ ton mech into shutdown within 1 or 2 barrages from heat. We're not going to worry about heat though, because this is too much firepower to pass up.
It's censorship, they're using it as an excuse to selectively demonetize videos they don't approve of like I dunno, anything that disagrees with a SJW.

"Demonetized for challenging the notion that all white men are racist"