Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-03-2016, 11:59 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]-deep hole rhao-
wow that took forever, I'll bet I got a lot of titanium and tungsten-
[Image: 2e072b488a1e2d3c898e6739d6301d9b.png]
This game is gonna give me an ulcer
Next time, just explore settlements and check their storage and you'll bound to find more ores than mining just keep moving left or right, but remember to put a marker so you know when you looped around the planet and time to explore the next one

(09-04-2016, 12:07 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-03-2016, 10:40 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]-moon ghost-
Oh okay I see, it wasn't enough that I need an EPP to collect fuel at all, I have to do it while fleeing an immortal murderghost

Not only that, but its unkillable.

My solution is to avoid the solid crystals. Make a series of tubes to pool the liquid fuel into gigantic lakes that you can quickly suck up lots of and then teleport out before the murderghost gets to you.

I was able to get full tanks of fuel for my ship and my wife's ship fairly easily that way.
with a decently upgraded matter manipulator just keep moving one side while collecting surface ores still viable, you just have to be fast before the ghost catches up, just like before remember the marker and bail once you've looped around
Or you could mod the ghost out.
[Image: cMWalaa.gif]
So I thought "I wonder if the new FO4 DLCs are any good" brought up a torrent of the latest version and started trying to update all my mods. This has been my experience so far.
I don't recall any of the tangled dependency webs binding the whole set together and some of these mods straight up don't exist anymore.
What's more, the FO4 modding community seems to have totally stagnated, most of the armor mods are still kitbashes of existing armors, weapons seem to have gone in cool directions, but for the most part most popular yields the same results it did after Automatron.
(09-04-2016, 06:24 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: cMWalaa.gif]
So I thought "I wonder if the new FO4 DLCs are any good" brought up a torrent of the latest version and started trying to update all my mods. This has been my experience so far.
I don't recall any of the tangled dependency webs binding the whole set together and some of these mods straight up don't exist anymore.
What's more, the FO4 modding community seems to have totally stagnated, most of the armor mods are still kitbashes of existing armors, weapons seem to have gone in cool directions, but for the most part most popular yields the same results it did after Automatron.

You gotta admit the TES-51 Power Armor is pretty dank tho.
Fus Ro I'M A FRIKKIN' TANK HAHAHA!

If I'm correct, the Skyrim modding scene didn't really light up until like 1.5 years after the game's release.
Here's hoping FO4 follows suit. It has potential, especially since mods can fix a lot of (but not all) of its problems.
I'd hate to see that potential squashed.
Edit: Also the CK was later than with Skyrim I think, and F4SE is still in early stages. Still a lot to go.

But hey, even if it is, I've got Enderal to play now, and it's awesome.
(09-04-2016, 07:31 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2016, 06:24 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: cMWalaa.gif]

You gotta admit the TES-51 Power Armor is pretty dank tho.

If I'm correct, the Skyrim modding scene didn't really light up until like 1.5 years after the game's release.
Here's hoping FO4 follows suit. It has potential, especially since mods can fix a lot of (but not all) of its problems.

Yeah that's pretty boss, the only reason I'm not gonna use it is because MUH X-02

[Image: eqdu9KP.gif]
I asked an engineering question in the sci-fi channel of the /r/worldbuilding Discord and it suddenly went dead silent.
(09-04-2016, 07:33 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2016, 07:31 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]You gotta admit the TES-51 Power Armor is pretty dank tho.

Yeah that's pretty boss, the only reason I'm not gonna use it is because MUH X-02

[Image: eqdu9KP.gif]
I asked an engineering question in the sci-fi channel of the /r/worldbuilding Discord and it suddenly went dead silent.

All you need is the Spess Mehrine power armor mod, so you may purge the mutant and the heretic alike. And maybe the occasional xeno.
[Image: b9c063760a50b9fa7485db6310614f94.png]
Fucking brilliant.

This is in the options for the M-54 Gatling Rifle, and what this option means is that the mod allows you to rig your shoulder fired mini-minigun to hurl 12 gauge buckshot at a few hundreds rounds a minute, but you have to have the Idiot Savant perk to be simultaneously dumb enough to think that is a good idea and smart enough to make it happen.
(09-04-2016, 08:51 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: b9c063760a50b9fa7485db6310614f94.png]
Fucking brilliant.

This is in the options for the M-54 Gatling Rifle, and what this option means is that the mod allows you to rig your shoulder fired mini-minigun to hurl 12 gauge buckshot at a few hundreds rounds a minute, but you have to have the Idiot Savant perk to be simultaneously dumb enough to think that is a good idea and smart enough to make it happen.

Glorious.
okay, for some reason i cant run fallout 4, i mean I dont even have mods installed but still everytime I tired running it it just get back to the game launcher
[Image: 0MYT0nS.png]
Fallout 4 weapon mods have definitely gone in good directions.
(09-04-2016, 10:22 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 0MYT0nS.png]

What is this and where can I get one?

(09-04-2016, 02:20 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]okay, for some reason i cant run fallout 4, i mean I dont even have mods installed but still everytime I tired running it it just get back to the game launcher
Does your system meet the lowest nessessary specs? Thing is excessive with the specs even though it really shouldn't be.
(09-05-2016, 12:22 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-04-2016, 10:22 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 0MYT0nS.png]

What is this and where can I get one?

(09-04-2016, 02:20 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]okay, for some reason i cant run fallout 4, i mean I dont even have mods installed but still everytime I tired running it it just get back to the game launcher
Does your system meet the lowest nessessary specs? Thing is excessive with the specs even though it really shouldn't be.
It's a revolver rifle, one of the most popular weapon mods on Nexus. The guy even has lore for it, they put it into service for a few years and said "okay we gave it a shot but these things are nothing but silly and excessive" then power armor was invented and silly and excessive became the order of the day so they dusted off the old revolver rifles.
If you want silly and excessive the Plasrail is good too, it's a modular plasma rifle that can be modified into an explosive railgun, a shotgun, a homing rocket launcher, a regular plasma rifle, etc.

The Mauser mod may have been a mistake. I keep running into Raiders wearing dirty sacks and overalls toting huge well maintained Mauser 98s with bayonets mounted. It's a bit jarring.
First CTD upon entering southern Boston. Oh boy. Time to try and replicate the issue
(09-05-2016, 12:35 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2016, 12:22 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]What is this and where can I get one?

It's a revolver rifle, one of the most popular weapon mods on Nexus. The guy even has lore for it, they put it into service for a few years and said "okay we gave it a shot but these things are nothing but silly and excessive" then power armor was invented and silly and excessive became the order of the day so they dusted off the old revolver rifles.
If you want silly and excessive the Plasrail is good too, it's a modular plasma rifle that can be modified into an explosive railgun, a shotgun, a homing rocket launcher, a regular plasma rifle, etc.

The Mauser mod may have been a mistake. I keep running into Raiders wearing dirty sacks and overalls toting huge well maintained Mauser 98s with bayonets mounted. It's a bit jarring.
Owo

You do broadcasts?

I wanna see.
(09-05-2016, 04:27 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2016, 12:35 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]It's a revolver rifle, one of the most popular weapon mods on Nexus. The guy even has lore for it, they put it into service for a few years and said "okay we gave it a shot but these things are nothing but silly and excessive" then power armor was invented and silly and excessive became the order of the day so they dusted off the old revolver rifles.

Owo

You do broadcasts?

I wanna see.
I do?
(09-05-2016, 04:29 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2016, 04:27 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Owo

You do broadcasts?

I wanna see.
I do?

My understanding was that there's meant to be an unspoken "do" at the beginning of that.
'Do you do broadcasts?'
[Image: acBWKOL.png]
MFW I fast travel into a pair of sentry bots.
while low on everything.

(09-05-2016, 04:48 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2016, 04:29 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]I do?

My understanding was that there's meant to be an unspoken "do" at the beginning of that.
'Do you do broadcasts?'
I don't stream or record pirated content so I guess I don't.
(09-05-2016, 04:53 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: acBWKOL.png]
while low on everything.

(09-05-2016, 04:48 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]My understanding was that there's meant to be an unspoken "do" at the beginning of that.
'Do you do broadcasts?'

*Shudders at thoughts of sentry bots*
TBH I haven't played Fallout 4 enough to have encountered any yet, but if they're anything like in New Vegas and 3, oh gods.

Also, obligatory "you probably shouldn't pirate things yo" although I'm going to assume you had a more reasonable reason.
(09-05-2016, 05:12 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-05-2016, 04:53 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: acBWKOL.png]
while low on everything.

*Shudders at thoughts of sentry bots*
TBH I haven't played Fallout 4 enough to have encountered any yet, but if they're anything like in New Vegas and 3, oh gods.

Also, obligatory "you probably shouldn't pirate things yo" although I'm going to assume you had a more reasonable reason.
Honestly I would legit pay for automatron, it's actually a really good piece of DLC, but I don't think the base game is worth my $60 with all the easily avoidable problems it has built in.

I didn't play 3 but sentries in 4 are pretty scary, double your movement speed, built-in minigun, melee like a fucking truck, and if you kill it first you get a mini-nuke explosion for your troubles.