Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-22-2016, 11:27 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2016, 11:26 PM)Corosar Wrote: [ -> ]the masochist in me is thinking... ehh i will have to check this out then. i am a sucker for the battletech universe ;^ ;
Megamek runs 1:1 on the tabletop rules, once you get the full swing of its quirks and mechanics it's pretty great.

1:1? yea now i am definately interested. Will have to check it out in the coming week. when i am either not busy staring at my screen half asleep or talking with people i care alot about. or catching up on my games. or waiting for days to roll past. wow i just realized i am a really really lazy person.
(10-22-2016, 11:32 PM)Corosar Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2016, 11:27 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Megamek runs 1:1 on the tabletop rules, once you get the full swing of its quirks and mechanics it's pretty great.

1:1? yea now i am definately interested. Will have to check it out in the coming week. when i am either not busy staring at my screen half asleep or talking with people i care alot about. or catching up on my games. or waiting for days to roll past. wow i just realized i am a really really lazy person.

You can find it here when you get around to it.
http://megamek.org/downloads
(10-22-2016, 10:46 PM)Corosar Wrote: [ -> ]Flops in

w...wow this place has actually friggen slowed down alot since i was last here. How has everyone been?

:o, hihi coro
*waves rapidly*
*somehow flys away*
mechs aint suppose to fly
*falls down face down instead*
and yes, more old members back here the better \owo/
somebody on the worldbuilding discord just described the current situation of some of my characters as "wehrmacht assigned to the SS sitting through the nuremburg trials" and I don't know why that analogy tickles me so
(10-23-2016, 05:25 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-22-2016, 10:46 PM)Corosar Wrote: [ -> ]Flops in

w...wow this place has actually friggen slowed down alot since i was last here. How has everyone been?

:o, hihi coro
*waves rapidly*
*somehow flys away*
mechs aint suppose to fly
*falls down face down instead*
and yes, more old members back here the better \owo/

*she burst into laughter* i am happy to see you too Alpha though i know you have been stocking my Youtube channel alot haha!~
May I suggest we do an nexus arg? Also hi coro, welcome back
(10-24-2016, 01:28 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]May I suggest we do an nexus arg?

This is vague.
What exactly do you mean?
(10-24-2016, 03:07 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]

This is vague.

>.>
<.<

http://iamarg.com/2016/03/28/dinner/
(10-24-2016, 03:07 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]

This is vague.

You want to know what else is vague? The word vague, as well where you get your content for 169
(10-24-2016, 07:57 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-24-2016, 03:07 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: [ -> ]This is vague.

>.>
<.<

http://iamarg.com/2016/03/28/dinner/

That would be kinda interesting.
Surges morning warmup

(10-26-2016, 01:02 AM)achroma Wrote: [ -> ]Surges morning warmup

So magestic!~

A good workout is the key to a productive day.

*most of the assassinations were a knife to the neck*
they really should put more armor around the neck and the exposed black part.
(10-26-2016, 05:44 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]

*most of the assassinations were a knife to the neck*
Oh man is that easier said than done. To armor the neck you risk turning an augmented infantryman into an awkward and cumbersome walking tank. Actual neck plates stop you from looking up, down, and sometimes side to side, while armored collars are less effective (especially in melee) and can restrict field of vision while being unreasonably bulky.
(10-26-2016, 05:47 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2016, 05:44 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]*most of the assassinations were a knife to the neck*
Oh man is that easier said than done. To armor the neck you risk turning an augmented infantryman into an awkward and cumbersome walking tank. Actual neck plates stop you from looking up, down, and sometimes side to side, while armored collars are less effective (especially in melee) and can restrict field of vision while being unreasonably bulky.

I'm pretty sure a fixed head wont be a problem if you have sensors around the blind spots, heck the point of a separate helmet looks silly if you armored up the neck, might as well have be a single piece helmet-chestplate armor so that the head will still move freely while still armored, kinda like a space suit
(10-26-2016, 05:26 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]

A good workout is the key to a productive day.

Is it just me or is the back breaker done with finesse? Also the crack noise it made was just, smashing.
[Image: FJA9o6s.png]

vulpy drop
(10-26-2016, 07:07 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2016, 05:47 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Oh man is that easier said than done. To armor the neck you risk turning an augmented infantryman into an awkward and cumbersome walking tank. Actual neck plates stop you from looking up, down, and sometimes side to side, while armored collars are less effective (especially in melee) and can restrict field of vision while being unreasonably bulky.

I'm pretty sure a fixed head wont be a problem if you have sensors around the blind spots, heck the point of a separate helmet looks silly if you armored up the neck, might as well have be a single piece helmet-chestplate armor so that the head will still move freely while still armored, kinda like a space suit

There will always be mechanical/protection tradeoffs, the Mjolnir armor is primarly designed to protect the wearer from ranged attacks, without restricting movement, or making the Spartan Soldiers unreasonably large targets; switching to a fixed helmet and onboard 360 sensor array like your proposing, adds bulk and weight to the suit, as well as introducing vulnerable subsystems that if knocked out or disrupted leave the soldier blinded.

If an opponent is going for a CQC kill, hes going to go for any vulnerable point on the suit, of which the neck is just one of many, their are major arteries all throughout the human body that if cut will cause rapid bleedout, along with trauma to the spine, fully protecting everything would require bulking the suit up to the point that you might as well just use a mech instead.
(10-26-2016, 03:28 PM)Tanis Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-26-2016, 07:07 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]I'm pretty sure a fixed head wont be a problem if you have sensors around the blind spots, heck the point of a separate helmet looks silly if you armored up the neck, might as well have be a single piece helmet-chestplate armor so that the head will still move freely while still armored, kinda like a space suit

There will always be mechanical/protection tradeoffs, the Mjolnir armor is primarly designed to protect the wearer from ranged attacks, without restricting movement, or making the Spartan Soldiers unreasonably large targets; switching to a fixed helmet and onboard 360 sensor array like your proposing, adds bulk and weight to the suit, as well as introducing vulnerable subsystems that if knocked out or disrupted leave the soldier blinded.

If an opponent is going for a CQC kill, hes going to go for any vulnerable point on the suit, of which the neck is just one of many, their are major arteries all throughout the human body that if cut will cause rapid bleedout, along with trauma to the spine, fully protecting everything would require bulking the suit up to the point that you might as well just use a mech instead.
the armor isnt even that strong seeing some of the finishing move includes jabbing the knife through the visor and even the side helmet(seriously how much% of the development time were spend animating all those finishing moves?), honestly though a bullet even depleted uranium cores one would still deliver more energy than a knife jab even with power armor assist, if a knife can jab through it, a bullet will too just not the pistol caliber ones, full power rifles defiantly will