Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-21-2017, 08:27 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2017, 08:05 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]but how well will that fare against cqc/upclose?
who cares you can vaporize 3 companies of battlemechs with an errant twitch of the trigger finger
(01-21-2017, 08:07 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Sign me up!

I think...

(01-21-2017, 08:14 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]You could throw me in as well, to see how fast I'd die
XCOM2 characters are a bit different to set up, in EW I could rig it up with 1 name and wing it from there, slapping a random color on and picking armor as I pleased. XCOM2 has such a robust system (and now requires both a first AND last name) that I kinda need some vague direction.

Also as a note, the cosmetic mods grow ever crazier, the additions of salvaged Advent armor, tacticool gear, Titanfall gear and Halo Reach Spartan/Marine/ODST armor is now joined by retro XCOM EW gear, Mass Effect armor and aliens, and even a few Star Wars aliens and droids. So even I don't know how I could feasibly lay out an options list for you but if you wanna be a Turian or HK series droid or something wild I CAN DO THAT SHIT NOW.

I guess the most I can boil it down is that basically anything from Mass Effect, Halo, or even XCOM EW is doable on top of the base XCOM2 options.
Should I save you the trouble and make a character to export?
did surge already had some of out characters in Xcom2, think it should transfer to long war with little problem, and yes still advent gear, make sure the first laser sword goes to me.
(01-21-2017, 08:36 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2017, 08:27 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]who cares you can vaporize 3 companies of battlemechs with an errant twitch of the trigger finger

XCOM2 characters are a bit different to set up, in EW I could rig it up with 1 name and wing it from there, slapping a random color on and picking armor as I pleased. XCOM2 has such a robust system (and now requires both a first AND last name) that I kinda need some vague direction.

Also as a note, the cosmetic mods grow ever crazier, the additions of salvaged Advent armor, tacticool gear, Titanfall gear and Halo Reach Spartan/Marine/ODST armor is now joined by retro XCOM EW gear, Mass Effect armor and aliens, and even a few Star Wars aliens and droids. So even I don't know how I could feasibly lay out an options list for you but if you wanna be a Turian or HK series droid or something wild I CAN DO THAT SHIT NOW.

I guess the most I can boil it down is that basically anything from Mass Effect, Halo, or even XCOM EW is doable on top of the base XCOM2 options.
Should I save you the trouble and make a character to export?
If you want I guess
(01-21-2017, 11:48 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: [ -> ]did surge already had some of out characters in Xcom2, think it should transfer to long war with little problem, and yes still advent gear, make sure the first laser sword goes to me.
I can't even guarantee you'll get a sword of any kind.
[Image: c810f36e80099947695595efcc6e28c6.jpg]

Shit. An alien retaliation against a resistance haven has forced squad 2 and 3's hands. I need their current ops resolved ASAP and both teams back to the Avenger.
[Image: aea6de0afba6d558686d859969e83d76.jpg]
Brace for contact.
[Image: 067b8e8d1995c17f42962915e9bc8d2c.png]
Operation Devil's Justice is an unqualified success. 2nd Squad was able to spring a textbook ambush on the aliens, separating two groups from the bulk of their force and then cutting them apart in a swift hail of fire at extremely close range. The timely arrival of enemy reinforcements did lead to a minor injury to LCpl. Pavlova, but they were swiftly and safely dispatched thanks to precise fire and well placed grenades from Sq. Trump and Cpl. Cipher. Everyone has earned this round of promotions.
The ayylmaos didn't know what hit them. It's good to see you didn't forget to let one crawl back and tell the others of the 'Umies that beat them.
(01-22-2017, 02:11 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]The ayylmaos didn't know what hit them. It's good to see you didn't forget to let one crawl back and tell the others of the 'Umies that beat them.

The last one was a turret that we simply went around. They'll check the black box and find fleeting glimpses of us skulking past and then hear gunfire.

[Image: 20359dc214bc96a54e8d242eaa5e8795.jpg]
3rd Squad is on site, Operation Frozen Spear is a go.
[Image: 422c3fa76eb2bb8d6d98fb139dce5c8a.jpg]
Frozen Spear...did not go quite to plan, lets just say nobody died and leave it at that.
Operation Burning Wheel is priority #1 for now though, no time to deal with the wounded.

AAR: So turns out all the civvies were gathered in one area, and they were all faceless. So we have 3 new wounded and only managed to rescue one person.
[Image: reksanden_-_muramasa_inspired.png]
[Image: c6b80717b2edd3b48a6983843da3bc0b.png]
Say hello to XCOM's first field officer.
2Lt. Andrea Long
(01-22-2017, 06:43 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: c6b80717b2edd3b48a6983843da3bc0b.png]
Say hello to XCOM's first field officer.
2Lt. Andrea Long

Looking good.
[Image: dmdKcwC.jpg]
All this commissioned art reminded me that I keep telling myself "you can go commission people, you have money now, SO MUCH MONEY" and then I never do. It also reminded me that 2 different people on discord have at least implied that they would draw something for me and I have either never acknowledged it or shot them down outright.

Oh how time changes a man :/
(01-23-2017, 12:22 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]All this commissioned art reminded me that I keep telling myself "you can go commission people, you have money now, SO MUCH MONEY" and then I never do. It also reminded me that 2 different people on discord have at least implied that they would draw something for me and I have either never acknowledged it or shot them down outright.

I don't commission people because I am aware im a bit too particular on details*
(01-23-2017, 12:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2017, 12:22 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]All this commissioned art reminded me that I keep telling myself "you can go commission people, you have money now, SO MUCH MONEY" and then I never do. It also reminded me that 2 different people on discord have at least implied that they would draw something for me and I have either never acknowledged it or shot them down outright.

I don't commission people because I am aware im a bit too particular on details*
Honestly I think I'm just afraid of winding up with another mediocre token of somebody else's ability to throw on the pile or of diluting my own designs and ideas by making them pass through somebody else before they can be realized.
(01-23-2017, 12:41 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-23-2017, 12:31 PM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]I don't commission people because I am aware im a bit too particular on details*
Honestly I think I'm just afraid of winding up with another mediocre token of somebody else's ability to throw on the pile or of diluting my own designs and ideas by making them pass through somebody else before they can be realized.
That is the world of a designer. Having unparalleled communication skills is what makes a great designer.
[Image: f8e6d79c21947b987e44ea99498c7183.png]
So the good news is that I'm gonna be taking part in a mechwarrior tournament next month.
The bad news is that I'll have a lot less time to wrap up the LW2 playthrough and attempt to provide content here. (tragic, I know)
The worse news is that my team has a 0% chance of actually winning.
you'd be surprised how much screaming will assist you to the wining side
I've always led charges by screaming something like "ReeeeeEEEEEEE!" And people don't stop to question, they just get behind and go. Then again I usually do stuff like that in non-shooters.
Just believe in the power of camaraderie and hope the tourney matchups favor you.
(01-24-2017, 12:41 PM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I've always led charges by screaming something like "ReeeeeEEEEEEE!" And people don't stop to question, they just get behind and go. Then again I usually do stuff like that in non-shooters.
Just believe in the power of camaraderie and hope the tourney matchups favor you.
Well we already know 3-4 mid-high skill teams are going to be competing, and the "B-list" lineup from another mid-high team just registered. Since none of us have any competitive experience it's not a question of will we win so much as how badly will we be stomped.