Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-13-2017, 07:17 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen some community heads/leaders step down because they knew other, life related, commitments would hinder their management abilities. I seriously respect anyone that's done that, it shows both humility and true care for the community.

I strongly disagree with the notion that a community needs any sort of leader at all. Certainly not one this small.

A community like this is simply a microcosm of the people who make it up. People grow up, change, move on and so too does the community to reflect that. It is not the fault of a person in charge or lack thereof. I mean the nexus skype/discord community has survived more than anything because there is no leader. If there was someone calling all the shots half the people would have left in disgust by now and the other half probably would have followed their individual friends.

I honestly don't think it's a very good community if you can't trust it to not tear itself apart without someone keeping a constant, watchful eye.
(02-13-2017, 07:28 AM)Segolia Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2017, 07:17 AM)Dipdoo Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen some community heads/leaders step down because they knew other, life related, commitments would hinder their management abilities. I seriously respect anyone that's done that, it shows both humility and true care for the community.

I strongly disagree with the notion that a community needs any sort of leader at all. Certainly not one this small.

A community like this is simply a microcosm of the people who make it up. People grow up, change, move on and so too does the community to reflect that. It is not the fault of a person in charge or lack thereof. I mean the nexus skype/discord community has survived more than anything because there is no leader. If there was someone calling all the shots half the people would have left in disgust by now and the other half probably would have followed their individual friends.

I honestly don't think it's a very good community if you can't trust it to not tear itself apart without someone keeping a constant, watchful eye.
It helps shre but plenty of communities that lack leader ship do well...

Hell, furries are a perfect example of loosely affiliated but very solvent and vast community. I love it how I can see a fursona avatar and already have a bit of rapport with that person.
It all boils down to preference. Does the major part of the community prefer strong leadership and people who can enforce rules? Or is the community able to enforce the rules openly on their own? Are the members self-reflective enough to be able to control their own demons and/or remain civil? Beyond these points there is little anybody can say that isn't expressly an opinion which is used to shape that community.
Equating having somebody who enforces rules for the good of the community with somebody who is the de facto leader of the community is the kind of thing I was talking about. Admins and moderators should never be faceless enforcers and arbitrators they absolutely must be pillars of the community. They should be routinely active and approachable, even if they aren't needed to enforce rules they should be seen to foster activity and content within the community.

You don't need or even want strong, rigid leadership, you need good leadership from responsible users.

In case I'm not being clear, the admin(s) and moderator(s) should not be people who are in charge because somebody has to be they need to be people that the community as a whole knows and trusts. If you appoint either because you need somebody to fill the position you'll open yourself to shitty conduct from your team and piss off users who see how little you care about the well-being of the community. You don't need to put new moderators to a public vote, but the majority of the community needs to find your choice at least tolerable, and your choice needs to understand that their new responsibilities do not change that they are a common user.
[Image: GLVHFH8.jpg]
those IR dazzlers really makes the T-90 more intimidating
I just wish there were more happy vehicles, like this one.

[Image: e2c38jO.jpg]
[Image: 161c01171c77ff6eae119ab3067109f2.jpg]
Holy catastrophe...
A loose squad of green troopers with no officer against an overstrength patrol and the viper king.
A better recipe for disaster I can't think of.
Who is the forum police/admin at this point?
(02-13-2017, 09:05 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Who is the forum police/admin at this point?

Nobody, just as well 5 people don't need any policing.
(02-13-2017, 09:35 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2017, 09:05 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Who is the forum police/admin at this point?

Nobody, just as well 5 people don't need any policing.

And let's hope nobody makes us change that. (Though if somebody did so right now I would find that funny and bad)

I feel like I have a bad time for the nexus, in between the times some people are on Besides you.
My favorite enter the gungeon silly gun is the r

BULLET BULLET BULLET.
I know most will hate it. I must sleep now.
(02-13-2017, 08:01 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 161c01171c77ff6eae119ab3067109f2.jpg]
Holy catastrophe...
A loose squad of green troopers with no officer against an overstrength patrol and the viper king.
A better recipe for disaster I can't think of.

Null should totally be a spark tho...
(02-14-2017, 05:07 AM)Rahizel Wrote: [ -> ]Null should totally be a spark tho...

nah, too robotic, I'm on the blurring line between organics and machines
I only have 3 profile pics and they are the only ones you will see for a long time.
The only reason I care valentine's day exist is because my parents send me a box of chocolates each year.
It's literally a money grab from companies otherwise.
But I guess a few people have had valentine's day be special.

I would try to go into the semiserious rp but I know my creativity is low. Mostly because I'm a naturally more logical person. But anyways I'm so bad I can't even name anything my best name for a pmd team of riolu and shinx was team zappunch trying to think of the move thunder punch.
How do i get image urls on a phone?

[Image: IMG_3612.JPG]
This is a shitpost.
Was I (my name) ever included in one of surge's xcom games?
Maybe in the EW campaign?
(02-16-2017, 01:47 AM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe in the EW campaign?
Wouldn't be surprised if I was put on a bad team or died quickly maybe both.