Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: tumblr_oiujv414Iv1vdbx3no1_1280.jpg]
someone explain this image
BONES FOR THE BONE THRONE! 
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD SHRINE!!!!
SHEEP FOR THE SHEEP HOLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Side note: I'm sorry if I post too much I kinda feel like I am say something and I'll try to stop.
Also yay new arc, now all we need is for umbra and the others to return home.
looks to me like a CO doing standard physical training regimen in a weird way to amuse everyone.

I'm not as good of a writer as i'd like to be. But practice makes you better I guess. And I haven't written nearly enough in the past few years... Doesn't mean I won't do my best. No reason to do less than your best.
[Image: quick_avali_bust_by_reksanden-db1682l.png]
(03-04-2017, 07:34 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Snip

Do you count +1 ratings as a comment of sorts

More practice?  Or just the start of a new bust?
(03-04-2017, 09:24 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]

Do you count +1 ratings as a comment of sorts
Sure why not
(03-04-2017, 11:52 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]

More practice?  Or just the start of a new bust?
Practice, actually.

I continued it, but I'm a tad eh about the anatomy cause I was half asleep when doodling it.

(03-05-2017, 06:13 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2017, 11:52 PM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]More practice?  Or just the start of a new bust?
Practice, actually.

I continued it, but I'm a tad eh about the anatomy cause I was half asleep when doodling it.

Two necks and four shoulders.  Plus rounded knees and ankles.  I can see the iffyness too.  Maybe you should only brainstorm while tired instead?  Would have probably caught it all if you had been awake so I don't think you should be too hard on yourself over it though.
(03-05-2017, 06:13 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-04-2017, 09:24 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you count +1 ratings as a comment of sorts
Sure why not
Good, I'll just do that when I don't have anything better to say.
(03-05-2017, 06:30 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2017, 06:13 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Practice, actually.

Two necks and four shoulders.  Plus rounded knees and ankles.  I can see the iffyness too.  Maybe you should only brainstorm while tired instead?  Would have probably caught it all if you had been awake so I don't think you should be too hard on yourself over it though.

... Two necks and four shoulders???

That's probably just my sketchiness. I don't really do heavy lineart.

Anyway fixed the sketch by just redrawing it.

(03-06-2017, 10:47 AM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-05-2017, 06:30 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]Two necks and four shoulders.  Plus rounded knees and ankles.  I can see the iffyness too.  Maybe you should only brainstorm while tired instead?  Would have probably caught it all if you had been awake so I don't think you should be too hard on yourself over it though.

... Two necks and four shoulders???

That's probably just my sketchiness. I don't really do heavy lineart.

Anyway fixed the sketch by just redrawing it.

is nicely changed.  By the two necks and four shoulders comment I was referring about how the "bust" had been placed too high.  As if it was located attached atop an additional set of shoulders and neck since it was floating in the collar.
Does anybody else when somebody ask where something is want to respond by singing somewhere over the Rainbow from the wizard of oz.
(03-07-2017, 09:54 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody else when somebody ask where something is want to respond by singing somewhere over the Rainbow from the wizard of oz.

I mean, it's an amusing idea I guess.
(03-07-2017, 09:57 PM)Surge Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-07-2017, 09:54 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anybody else when somebody ask where something is want to respond by singing somewhere over the Rainbow from the wizard of oz.

I mean, it's an amusing idea I guess.

Well, i've actually done it before, so there's that.  My sister and I both started in at once, only sang the first verse but could have gone farther.  Makes me realize how long it's been since I sang anything, can't even remember the first verse completely, only the tune anymore.

And if you're wondering, brother was asking where the Television remote was, we didn't know.
[Image: J8XX4kY.png?1]

From a Discord chat: Reks - Today at 1:06 PM
Mindcanon has the little bubble be a sort of "liquid gas" in the Celion's world, with these little fellows living within. Celions keep them like we would fish.
They're like
Koi, kinda.
More draconic than fish, though, and of course they have to be cute.

Don't care at all for hard science, harp on me all you want about the unlikelyhood of said substance [/sarcasm] Don't actually do that. I won't respond to it.

Was starting at an Ori art some time ago, and I guess it got to be subconsciously there.
(03-08-2017, 08:21 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Snip
Mindcanon has the little bubble be a sort of "liquid gas" in the Celion's world, with these little fellows living within. Celions keep them like we would fish.
They're like
Koi, kinda.

Don't care at all for hard science, harp on me all you want about the unlikelyhood of said substance [/sarcasm] Don't actually do that. I won't respond to it.

Was starting at an Ori art some time ago, and I guess it got to be subconsciously there.
Is that the final version of the art or are you going to turn it into a non sketch version?

Also what's a celion?

EDIT: My news just talked about how people are giving cannabis to pets to help them even though they don't really know. Why would you give you dog or cat cannabis a drug without knowing if this is really dangerous.
(03-08-2017, 10:35 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2017, 08:21 PM)Reks Wrote: [ -> ]Snip
They're like
Koi, kinda.

Is that the final version of the art or are you going to turn it into a non sketch version?

Also what's a celion?

EDIT: My news just talked about how people are giving cannabis to pets to help them even though they don't really know. Why would you give you dog or cat cannabis a drug without knowing if this is really dangerous.

I might, dunno yet.

Celions are my own species. Really really tall fruitbat-squirrel-fox things from a forest world with a canopy so tall and thick that it blocks most light to the floor beneath, so things are bioluminous. I haven't drawn nearly enough for true showing yet, though.
Jesus tittyfucking christ this week's megamek mission was stressful. Our assault lance clashed with a company of enemy mercenaries. Within 2 rounds of shooting my command mech was down and out and all we had to show for it was 2 tank kills. Then as we continued to steadily grind the enemy into paste our missile support mech went down to engine destruction, meanwhile our close-in brawler was forced to start backpedaling because it had shed so much armor holding down our left flank, and the only truly combat capable mech we still had was our direct fire support heavy. We managed to pull a win out of it without any pilot deaths though, and the DM says both of our mechs are repairable (except for my mech's left arm, which contained rare and irreplaceable weaponry before it ate 2 PPCs and an AC/20 in the same turn) thankfully, so aside from it being a bit of a bloodbath we came out in good shape.
[Image: tccGT53.png?1]