Avali Nexus

Full Version: Avali Nexus Forum Thread: 4 Score and Several Threads Ago...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-15-2020, 06:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Staying home from work for a month ended up revealing a few things about the kind of work environment I've been dealing with. I might very well not go back, by choice, in order to pursue a different job somewhere else. Really need to stop putting it off and get looking, unemployment does eventually stop paying out.

THey been hiding things from their workers or is it more dangerous or personal than that?
(05-19-2020, 04:44 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-15-2020, 06:14 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]Staying home from work for a month ended up revealing a few things about the kind of work environment I've been dealing with. I might very well not go back, by choice, in order to pursue a different job somewhere else. Really need to stop putting it off and get looking, unemployment does eventually stop paying out.

THey been hiding things from their workers or is it more dangerous or personal than that?

Moreso realizing just how much the stress of dealing with idiotic coworkers has been dragging down my mood all the time. I'm always coming home grumpy.

Also that was a huge shower of errors just now. I may need to update the forum, which could possibly break the skins.
(05-21-2020, 01:23 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-19-2020, 04:44 AM)Lost Rinoah Wrote: [ -> ]THey been hiding things from their workers or is it more dangerous or personal than that?

Moreso realizing just how much the stress of dealing with idiotic coworkers has been dragging down my mood all the time. I'm always coming home grumpy.

Also that was a huge shower of errors just now. I may need to update the forum, which could possibly break the skins.

Ahh.  Yeah but that is the norm everywhere. 

Been getting those errors for months every message.  I've gotten used to it.
Fixing problems probably outweighs aesthetics, though I would miss them. Echoes of a time long gone and all that.

edit: Also, hi again.
(07-01-2020, 02:54 AM)Penguin Wrote: [ -> ]Fixing problems probably outweighs aesthetics, though I would miss them. Echoes of a time long gone and all that.

edit: Also, hi again.

hello.  I also agree.  Better to fix the issues before it becomes a ball of pain or an impossibility.
We're already in the realm of pain for getting updates and repairs made. This software is years old and might not even have updates available for it anymore.

Everything wearing away in time. Making the server run is easy, making a website stay presentable over time not so much.
(07-25-2020, 01:05 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: [ -> ]We're already in the realm of pain for getting updates and repairs made. This software is years old and might not even have updates available for it anymore.

Everything wearing away in time. Making the server run is easy, making a website stay presentable over time not so much.

I know that all too well.  It's why so many forums at this point are uggly as hell.  Just left completely vanilla.  Maybe a dark theme if you're lucky.
Speaking of making the server run somehow we got a huge surge of activity to the point that it tripped a bandwidth warning. But I haven't found anything obvious to explain it either. Still nowhere near the actual capabilities, just over what I had provisioned for this site.