Avali Nexus
Sup? - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Introductions (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Sup? (/showthread.php?tid=101)

Sup? - Tanis - 10-02-2016

So, i hear this is a forum from which sanity tends run away screaming; sounds like my kind of place.

<<Warning: wall of text ahead>>

Well after 5 days i figured it was time i quit lurking, and actually introduce myself, though mainly i was holding off until my new avatar was complete, a total rebuild from scratch of my old Admin Drone model, i was always meaning to ditch the old recolor, and make something new, and for some reason joining this forum inspired me to finally buckle down and get it done.

I first stumbled upon the Avali just over 2 weeks ago, sometime around the 22nd of September i had gotten back into Starbound after nearly a year, and after a day or two of running the game vanilla, i began to peruse the workshop, looking for something interesting to add to the game; from some random comment on a mod i found mention of Avali, i looked them up within the workshop, picked up the Triage mod, along with "ACCM" to make it work, and "Frackin' Races" thrown on top just for the hell of it.

I have been thoroughly enjoying playing as Avali in Starbound ever since, and while looking around the net for gameplay tips and settlement coordinates i first found the Avali Wiki, where the information, artwork, and curated fan works caught me completely off guard, later still google lead me to Ryu's lore dump thread on this site, and a few days after that i registered this account.

This is only the third forum i have bothered getting involved with in the last decade, the first was an RP forum called "Abzahlung Redemption" which still exists online but is a veritable ghost town these days; the second was a group called the Technoguild who had their own little universe and everything but i had joined them in their waning years, RL called the senior members and the group leader Chembot away, and the website went offline a few years back, which left me in the lurch with a mound of completed and ongoing concept design work for the TG universe, as i was by then a staff member in all but name, their DA group still exists, but several artists who somehow got contributor access have dumped a bunch of stuff into the gallery that has nothing to do with the TG.

At the same time i got involved with the Technoguild i was also laying down the early groundwork for my new personal universe "Frontiers" and was even designing a crossover RP character intended to exploit the deliberately vague multi-dimensional nature of the TG universe; my work on Frontiers continues slowly and i have gotten an old friend involved in the design process both for his added input, and as a second opinion to hopefully keep my wild ideas somewhat in check, however first finding the "Atomic Rockets" website, and now the incredibly compellingly written Avali, have each left me sorting through my 6 years of half finished concept work and fragmentary documentation trying to make sense of it all.

- Tanis (aka: Misone)

RE: Sup? - Shaadaris - 10-03-2016

[Image: nLZiWgv.gif]

RE: Sup? - Lost Rinoah - 10-06-2016

Welcome to the alterior nexus, Have something related to fun, will ya?