Avali Nexus
Ryu's lore and art dump. - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: User Created Content (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Thread: Ryu's lore and art dump. (/showthread.php?tid=15)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - Ryuujin - 06-11-2015

(06-11-2015, 12:07 PM)Nyumii Wrote: So I've read that Avalon's ocean life can potentially grow much bigger in size than the large herbivores on the surface, and that there is at least one predatory species called the leviathans that are apparently massive enough to smash through thin areas in the ice shelf to hunt some of their prey. Just how large are these leviathans on average, and how much of a threat would one be to a modern-day Avali pack that is out in the wilderness and unaware that they are on its menu? One would assume that their society would have developed ways of detecting one before it pounced.
And with much of the world's marine fauna being able to grow to such large sizes, do the seas play host to a substantial number of predators, and has this stigmatized them to the Avali as a global case of 'shark-infested waters', or probably more likely, 'here there be dragons'?
Actually the existance of ice shelves I ruled out after remembering a simple bit of physics:

Ice is somewhat unique in that it floats, because water in it's crystalline form actually REDUCES density, due to a quirk of hydrogen bonding. But MOST substances, when they freeze solid become denser, including ammonia. Ammonia ice would sink, and thus ammonia ice shelves would quickly collapse. Even water ice won't stay up, because water is (considerably) denser than ammonia. (Swimming in ammonia takes rather more effort than swimming in water).

That's not to say they don't still have huge aquatic species to worry about, but they'd be geographically isolated to just the deeper ocean regions and wouldn't pose a significant threat. They certainly have the technology and armaments to prevent attacks by such creatures there days for the rare occasion they might utilise ocean vessels. Such a creature'd be VERY easy to spot on sonar

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - SharpTeeth - 07-14-2015

Hi, Ryu, a pal of mine sent me a critique of your lore quite a while ago, something that he never reaally finished so. It tends to read like, really run-on. But I thought it wans an interesting read. It looks like hes really mad, but hes just fishing for replys. its something he does when he wants to argue, no, debate, like he likes to say.
Despite what it looks like, hes not banging on the accuracy but that you reaaaaaally like to focus on the science a ton, and you paint yourself into corners way too often because of it. You seem to avert rule of cool way too hard, and willing suspension of disbelief suffers. If I remember what he told me correctly, and im paraphrasing and it might be wrong, take away every piece of lore dependent on their biology, ignore every bit of science you wrote, and what is there left? What are the Avali, who are they? What do they do? What do they want out of life, what do they want in general? What do they enjoy the most? All this without factoring their biology in any way,shape, for more fashion.It is really flat, and the idea is great, but the lore tends to be, well, self embellishing tat. Confused

E: I almost forgot, he did say that some of his arguments could be filled in if he was missing some of the "lore".

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - Corosar - 07-17-2015

(05-23-2015, 01:27 PM)Ryuujin Wrote: I'll be using this thread to stick lore and art stuff that isn't present in the official wiki. It's also a place people can ask for clarification on lore elements too or raise points or discuss the existing lore.

Recent Art:

Negative space/experimental doodlage
The secret of tight-fitting cloaks
FF14/Avali crossover
100% cuter (or juvenile) avali proportions
Flying raptors
BL2/Avali crossover

Lore:

Codex:

Non-canon or RP notes:

Before i start my character comparison to the lore just to see if i understand fully... i wanna say.... HOW THE HELL DID I MISS THIS POSTED!!! i really feel horrible i was not able to read this because holy crap its interesting to me.... now...onto what i see and i hope i am understanding at the moment... this is just the original post for now... so much lore to read!~

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - SharpTeeth - 07-27-2015

I'm not sure when the respiration gas changed from methane to hydrogen, but that's 10x worse! It's incredibly reactive with the most common elements of the universe and a poor biocompound substitute. Oxygen would react incredibly explosively with it, plus it still doesn't stop the water turning their blood into acid thing. Here are some biology basics.

Point number two:
Finally, the problems with Ryu using memes to define culture is that memes are handled on a very large scale. The purpose of a meme is to spread. When unique ideas are constrained within a small group and define the perspective of those within it, it's not a meme, but a shibboleth, customs that define in-groups from out-groups.

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - L3W - 08-16-2015

So, Ryuujin are there any other games you have modded the Avali in besides Spores and Starbound? If so, what are they? Also I wanted to know how you came up with the Avali?

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - Ryuujin - 08-24-2015

More doodles added to front page

(07-27-2015, 05:17 AM)SharpTeeth Wrote: *snip*

As has been explained several times before, I'm no xeno-biologist. The methanogenic reaction process was recommended by another self professed expert, like yourself. I don't remember the exact details other than they required hydrogen to breathe, exhaled methane, and somewhere in the reaction pathway it involved synthesizing acetylene, which a cursory glance online brings up NASA discussing a similar reaction pathway as a viable option for life on Titan. So if you have a recommendation for a "better" biology that would operate in sub-zero temperatures I'm all ears (Literally in the case of Avali), I'm not exactly married to the idea (You could almost call it 'early access' an incomplete project that suddenly snowballed in popularity)

I'm also quite aware that such a metabolism would not provide anywhere near enough energy to fuel a creature so complex as an Avali, even _with_ the adaptations for energy storage and information co-processing, nonetheless both are interesting ideas that arise form a constrained energy budget.

Frankly both topics go way beyond the scope of the original thought exercise and stemmed from people like yourself demanding a scientific answer to every little thing (and the answers used, were derived from their research) even when it went way beyond my own plans for them. I only ever settled on them being from an iceball world, largely to illustrate and play with the paradoxical way that we (humans) perceive ice, snow and liquid water, as being different to regular solids, sands and molten materials.

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - SharpTeeth - 08-24-2015

The entire problem isn't that you should've, but that you shouldn't have. In fact, I am literally surprised, since my critique said the exact OPPOSITE of what you were implying: that heavy attention to detail has caused you to paint yourself into a corner.

Lets start with their chemistry.
-Okay, now that that's through, how do you fix this part? The main problem is that you wanted a Special Biology, with capital letters, mind you, without considering that maybe it wasn't needed in the first place. Unless you are trying to truly tackle the issue of having a biology that would react with the most common elements of the universe, all you succeeded in doing was causing immense difficulties in trying to put them on other planets, basic habitation, food and energy consumption. In fact, you could easily put them on an iceball without necessarily needing to make their biology unique. Hell, they would have easily worked with a water (or water/ammonia hybrid) solvent and oxygen breathing. The same reason why the planet is an ice-ball could be used to explain the weather patterns, their eyes and ears and body shape, and even their culture. In your rush to make things special, you over-complicated what they were and caused their biology to appear as a schizophrenic mess.

The biggest example of this? Making a species that would be chemically burned by water then placing them on a ball of ice.

Now for their physiology
I pretty much crammed the solutions in the critique, but I have a bit more to say. You shouldn't over-focus on trying to make their biology work. If you wanted a fantasy race, then you should have gone for that. A healthy portion of fiction is withholding details and letting people fill them in for themselves. I believe your problem is, that on some level, you want them to be real. That's okay. It's okay to have some wish fulfillment and self indulgence, but you need to be aware of this and embrace it or overcome it, rather than trying to marry reality and fantasy together. If you aren't careful and don't know where to draw the line, it becomes hard to tell what details are needed and what is just excessive fluff.

Leading example: Trying to fit in flight when it would be utterly impossible.

Now for tech.
-Your tech planning certainly has many flaws, but there are two easy solutions you can execute, ideally, without changing much of the feel of the progression. You have to either accept your tech as mere fantasy and embrace it as such, or you would have to do hard work and actually research and plan it out. Accepting their progression as fantasy has many benefits, and you can even explore normally unfeasible bits of science, without having to bear the burden of explanation. Be aware though, that using phlebotium-type shenanigans can get out of hand if you do not keep the internal logic of your special exceptions to the laws of physics consistent. Planning progression as close to reality does provide benefits, however. The technology makes considerably more sense, and the science is extremely easy to keep consistent, and the immersive potential of the concept goes way up. But you would actually need to put in vast amounts of effort into keeping track of what is actually possible and not nonsense. Even with realistic science, you would still need to keep in mind to avoid revealing the exact mechanics of your tech, as science marches on, and making it close to real will eventually culminate in it eventually becoming outdated and very much laughable.

Leading example: Giving them a Latin taxonomic designation. Are you serious?

Finally, sociology.
To be honest, it's actually rare when someone messes up societal conceptualization, mainly for two reasons: They base some of their society on a human example, leading it to be easily create-able and infinitely believable, or their society is created from them slowly laying down the foundations of their core thoughts and reasoning, allowing it to organically arrange itself into something at least semi-believable. The main issue is that you attempted to create a pack based society without realizing there already is a society based on pack hunting and coordination: us. If you wanted to truly make something unique and not base it on humanity, you would need to do a great deal of work just to distance it properly. Selecting a pack based society for a hypothetical societal exercise was perhaps a very poor choice. Over-centralizing their form of governance in a space-based society is also incredibly inadvisable as it could easily be crippled with kinetic bombardment or relativistic missiles.

Leading example: calling the in-jokes and rituals that persist only within a pack a meme when it is closer to a shibboleth.

(bonus plot examination might be coming)

Look dude, I didn't spend all this time just to stomp on your paracosm. I truly enjoy the core seed of your concept, but I believe it requires considerably more polish. I want to see it succeed, and if I have to be a little rough, so be it. There are more issues with how you write, but that's a tad bit too personal. That sort of thing can be discussed in private. I want to see this be used in other realms than starbound. I want the concept to endure past that incomplete mod.

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - Segolia - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 04:19 AM)SharpTeeth Wrote: The entire problem isn't that you should've, but that you shouldn't have. In fact, I am literally surprised, since my critique said the exact OPPOSITE of what you were implying: that heavy attention to detail has caused you to paint yourself into a corner.
Space pending further critique!

I think what ryuu is trying to say is that it doesn't matter since it was never meant to be accurate in the first place.

You can argue till the end of the earth about how an anvil makes a bad flotation device, all the reasons why that is and all the things you can do to rectify it but that's just missing the bigger point that an anvil was never meant to be a flotation device (to make a shitty analogy from the top of my head).

(08-24-2015, 04:52 AM)Segolia Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 04:19 AM)SharpTeeth Wrote: The entire problem isn't that you should've, but that you shouldn't have. In fact, I am literally surprised, since my critique said the exact OPPOSITE of what you were implying: that heavy attention to detail has caused you to paint yourself into a corner.
Space pending further critique!

I think what ryuu is trying to say is that it doesn't matter since it was never meant to be accurate in the first place.

You can argue till the end of the earth about how an anvil makes a bad flotation device, all the reasons why that is and all the things you can do to rectify it but that's just missing the bigger point that an anvil was never meant to be a flotation device (to make a shitty analogy from the top of my head).

But the reason is, why strive for all that accuracy? It's not necessary, and if you want to do something fun with the Avali, you consciously have to ignore it. The biggest point is the fanart. You can easily see how divided and inconsistent the art is, as it just expresses an obvious sign, the biggest issue with the Avali: It's way too narrow and patchy, a self contradictory mess. Nobody but him dug this pit. Blaming others for the direction of his lore is a pretty big sign as to what the problem is. Anyways, wait and see. My post above will be edited with a lot more context and some actual feedback this time.

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - SCN-3_NULL - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 03:29 AM)Ryuujin Wrote: More doodles added to front page

woopie dee doo, "god" has returned though most of the community here are already mostly not avali but still a majority....
also you should turn that jaws scene into a full comic strip/4koma

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - Rukii - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 05:12 AM)SharpTeeth Wrote: But the reason is, why strive for all that accuracy? It's not necessary, and if you want to do something fun with the Avali, you consciously have to ignore it. The biggest point is the fanart. You can easily see how divided and inconsistent the art is, as it just expresses an obvious sign, the biggest issue with the Avali: It's way too narrow and patchy, a self contradictory mess. Nobody but him dug this pit. Blaming others for the direction of his lore is a pretty big sign as to what the problem is. Anyways, wait and see. My post above will be edited with a lot more context and some actual feedback this time.

Now now- the reason for most fanart being of dubious quality is because most artists[tm] either don't look up the proper information, or use inofficial references (Along with quite a few of them being rather inexperienced in art) They just choose to make them look like cats, or have ears missing or multiply.

And besides, deciding on the exact cellstructure and metabolism won't make people learn how to draw 'vali faces properly.
(There will always be copious amounts of deviant art tier shit art for gross furry things like these)

"Nobody but him dug this pit."
There is literally no pit, since it's far beyond the scope of his intended use.
 He has never said it's one hundred percent adopted into official lore - more of an "if that works, sure" kinda thing.
It's not like it's a constantly developing concept, and there are other things to think about than how they process food -which probably has an entirely different form of nutrient structure- or the exact design of their internal organs and attachment points for their muscle tissue.

The problem with the art isn't how they are stylistically drawn, but how they all have to ignore one aspect conciously. You are reaching a little if you think I want a uniform art style.

"Frankly both topics go way beyond the scope of the original thought exercise and stemmed from people like yourself demanding a scientific answer to every little thing (and the answers used, were derived from their research) "

I don't buy this argument dude. He may have been given ideas by other people, but it's his job to trim out what is and isn't necessary. That is what I mean when I say he dug his pit. His lore is a tangled mess precisely because he doesn't pay attention to what he is adding.

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - Segolia - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 01:14 PM)SharpTeeth Wrote: The problem with the art isn't how they are stylistically drawn, but how they all have to ignore one aspect conciously. You are reaching a little if you think I want a uniform art style.

"Frankly both topics go way beyond the scope of the original thought exercise and stemmed from people like yourself demanding a scientific answer to every little thing (and the answers used, were derived from their research) "

I don't buy this argument dude. He may have been given ideas by other people, but it's his job to trim out what is and isn't necessary. That is what I mean when I say he dug his pit. His lore is a tangled mess precisely because he doesn't pay attention to what he is adding.

Can you not see how circular your argument is here? In the same statement you quoted, ryuu already acknowledges that he gave minimal considersation to the scientifics of the lore he added, only having added it at all to satisfy people demanding him for an explanation.

I really don't understand what your goal is here? Are you trying to show that the avali as described by their lore are not viable as an actual species? If that's the case, the creator (ryuu) has openly accepted and acknowledged this, citing that they were never intended to be and making several statements to that effect.

Is there some other motive? If so, please enlighten us. It seems to me that you want some particular outcome out of this, given the inordinate amount of time and effort you are putting into making your point - I mean you wrote more or less an entire essay on the topic.

(08-24-2015, 02:25 PM)USegolia Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 01:14 PM)SharpTeeth Wrote: The problem with the art isn't how they are stylistically drawn, but how they all have to ignore one aspect conciously. You are reaching a little if you think I want a uniform art style.

Can you not see how circular your argument is here? In the same statement you quoted, ryuu already acknowledges that he gave minimal considersation to the scientifics of the lore he added, only having added it at all to satisfy people demanding him for an explanation.

I really don't understand what your goal is here? Are you trying to show that the avali as described by their lore are not viable as an actual species? If that's the case, the creator (ryuu) has openly accepted and acknowledged this, citing that they were never intended to be and making several statements to that effect.

Is there some other motive? If so, please enlighten us. It seems to me that you want some particular outcome out of this, given the inordinate amount of time and effort you are putting into making your point - I mean you wrote more or less an entire essay on the topic.
Let me repeat myself again: The excessive detail isn't needed, and him adding it at the behest of others is a rather flimsy excuse. My motive is listed up on the older post up. I think you believe I am viciously attacking it for no reason, and in a knee jerk response, neglected to carefully read what my points are. I have actually been saying the same thing since I started the critique. It's listed on the very bottom of the reply fishing post that was released way too early. (Thanks Erin!)

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - Reks - 08-24-2015

(08-24-2015, 02:34 PM)SharpTeeth Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 02:25 PM)USegolia Wrote: Can you not see how circular your argument is here? In the same statement you quoted, ryuu already acknowledges that he gave minimal considersation to the scientifics of the lore he added, only having added it at all to satisfy people demanding him for an explanation.

Let me repeat myself again: The excessive detail isn't needed, and him adding it at the behest of others is a rather flimsy excuse. My motive is listed up on the older post up. I think you believe I am viciously attacking it for no reason, and in a knee jerk response, neglected to carefully read what my points are.
Except that he isn't trying to economize or sell anything, nor is it THAT serious that everything requires a checkout with real-world physics and laws, because it's a fictional creation.

You are free to criticize, same as anybody, but there's no rule against what Ryuu can or cannot do with his own creations or how he decides to explain them.

So do at least try to be civil. If Ryuu doesn't accept your suggestions or criticisms, then back off. He's under no obligation to fulfill any of it, and given your past attitude I don't expect him to.

I'm trying to be. Honestly, I just get overexcited and trip over myself in a rush to explain things. I am moderately frustrated that most people keep misinterpreting my points, but that can always be edited later. I was actually hoping Ryu would have been comatose for longer, as I had been trying end endlessly redoing critique sheets without trying to sound like my usual abrasive self. I've edited in parts of the critique that I have cleared to an extent in the reply post to Ryu, but it should be done tomorrow at least.
Edit: using the term "it's just a fictional creation" is a pretty big fallacy. Regardless, if the matter is real or not is irrelevant. Hell, I was told that up until recently, Ryu wasn't even aware he had his sugar conversion backwards. A large portion of my rant is simply a guide as to what other issues the concept has, especially with the tone it is trying to carry. As much as I would love to endlessly fawn over the concept with the rest of you, I have never seen ANY constructive criticism ever applied to the Avali. As much as I wish not to, considering I enjoy lurking more often, I am going to play the devil's advocate and simply get all of the issues out of the way. I only have two real criticisms: the weapons' art, and the fact Ryu literally named his race after apples.

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - Shaadaris - 08-24-2015

It's okay to be critical, but I agree with literally everyone else: you're going too far considering what the topic is. Ryuu doesn't take the lore as "100% all must follow this canon as it is fact!", it's more "I'm having fun making a thing that seems sort of scientifically feasable but I'm not going to get doctorates in biology and chemistry to get everything perfect".

You're arguing "an apple must be red because chemistry and biology stuff" to people who are thinking "it would be cool if an apple was reddish-orange, but we get that it should still be kind of red." Ohgodthatwasaterribleanalogy.

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - SharpTeeth - 08-25-2015

(08-24-2015, 06:30 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:

It's okay to be critical, but I agree with literally everyone else: you're going too far considering what the topic is. Ryuu doesn't take the lore as "100% all must follow this canon as it is fact!", it's more "I'm having fun making a thing that seems sort of scientifically feasable but I'm not going to get doctorates in biology and chemistry to get everything perfect".

You're arguing "an apple must be red because chemistry and biology stuff" to people who are thinking "it would be cool if an apple was reddish-orange, but we get that it should still be kind of red." Ohgodthatwasaterribleanalogy.

Hmm, you seem to be unaware of what I am getting at. To reuse your metaphor, let me illustrate two examples.

The blue crystalline tree grew orange apples that tasted of an unusual blend of sweetness. (still good! no reason to be bothered by the impossible life)

The arctic blue organic structure that closely parallels a tree, having branches with razor sharp leaves that slice herbivores deeply and shakes occasionally grew various pustules with thin skins and with juice suspended within, yet the sacs  having somehow retained a spherical shape with skins that had color that varied between rust and tangerine on the orange spectrum having a mix of citric acid and ethylene glycol in the flavor department, truly making it unique and special in all of the various species that closely relate to plants.
(what is even going on here? Is all that detail necessary especially when it contradicts itself?)

The excess detail is what is bogging down the concept, not an extreme adherence to science. In fact, I advise the exact opposite in most cases, unless you are willing to work out the details specifically. The Avali's contradictions are what shape a large portion of my rant.

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - Shaadaris - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 03:18 AM)SharpTeeth Wrote:
(08-24-2015, 06:30 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: It's okay to be critical, but I agree with literally everyone else: you're going too far considering what the topic is. Ryuu doesn't take the lore as "100% all must follow this canon as it is fact!", it's more "I'm having fun making a thing that seems sort of scientifically feasable but I'm not going to get doctorates in biology and chemistry to get everything perfect".

Hmm, you seem to be unaware of what I am getting at. To reuse your metaphor, let me illustrate two examples.

The blue crystalline tree grew orange apples that tasted of an unusual blend of sweetness. (still good! no reason to be bothered by the impossible life)

The arctic blue organic structure that closely parallels a tree, having branches with razor sharp leaves that slice herbivores deeply and shakes occasionally grew various pustules with thin skins and with juice suspended within, yet the sacs  having somehow retained a spherical shape with skins that had color that varied between rust and tangerine on the orange spectrum having a mix of citric acid and ethylene glycol in the flavor department, truly making it unique and special in all of the various species that closely relate to plants.
(what is even going on here? Is all that detail necessary especially when it contradicts itself?)

The excess detail is what is bogging down the concept, not an extreme adherence to science. In fact, I advise the exact opposite in most cases, unless you are willing to work out the details specifically. The Avali's contradictions are what shape a large portion of my rant.

You're focusing too much on the bad analogy.
My point was that the lore isn't all 100% set in stone, so you have no reason to be so extremely critical about it.
To quote Ryuu: "You could almost call it 'early access' an incomplete project that suddenly snowballed in popularity"
Keyword: Incomplete.
Things are subject to change, and we aren't all so obsessed about the science that we adhere to it completely, so don't go saying he's driven himself into a rut with the lore, etc, when he's clearly stated that said lore isn't even making an attempt to keep him in the rut, for another bad analogy. It doesn't matter that it's a tangled mess or contradictory because it's in alpha stages in a sense.
Things can be cut, altered, or completely changed at any time. The details are just enough to allow people to come up with an accurate idea of the "Alphali" (Alpha Avali). A concept, blueprints, etc. By no means is it meant to be a full picture or a coherent puzzle. It's more like "this is what it could be, but it also could be different." Heck, Ryuu was intending to redo the lore pretty much from scratch at one point if I recall correctly, but never got around to it because he stopped making the mod in Starbound.

If you actually talked to the community about it instead of just coming by to defend your arguments and post more arguments, you'd realize that none of this is bogging anyone down. It is not as big of a problem as you make it out to be. Heck, we were all perfectly fine before you started jumping in and pointing out things you find to be problematic.

RE: Ryu's lore and art dump. - SharpTeeth - 08-25-2015

(08-25-2015, 03:42 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(08-25-2015, 03:18 AM)SharpTeeth Wrote: Hmm, you seem to be unaware of what I am getting at. To reuse your metaphor, let me illustrate two examples.

You're focusing too much on the bad analogy.
My point was that the lore isn't all 100% set in stone, so you have no reason to be so extremely critical about it.
To quote Ryuu: "You could almost call it 'early access' an incomplete project that suddenly snowballed in popularity"
Keyword: Incomplete.
Things are subject to change, and we aren't all so obsessed about the science that we adhere to it completely, so don't go saying he's driven himself into a rut with the lore, etc, when he's clearly stated that said lore isn't even making an attempt to keep him in the rut, for another bad analogy. It doesn't matter that it's a tangled mess or contradictory because it's in alpha stages in a sense.
Things can be cut, altered, or completely changed at any time. The details are just enough to allow people to come up with an accurate idea of the "Alphali" (Alpha Avali). A concept, blueprints, etc. By no means is it meant to be a full picture or a coherent puzzle. It's more like "this is what it could be, but it also could be different." Heck, Ryuu was intending to redo the lore pretty much from scratch at one point if I recall correctly, but never got around to it because he stopped making the mod in Starbound.

If you actually talked to the community about it instead of just coming by to defend your arguments and post more arguments, you'd realize that none of this is bogging anyone down. It is not as big of a problem as you make it out to be. Heck, we were all perfectly fine before you started jumping in and pointing out things you find to be problematic.
 You already illustrated that point, but all you are doing is illustrating why the critique is necessary. Rather than build things on a flawed base, showing each and every flaw so the idea can readily be reworked without too much difficulty is precisely why I made this in the first place. I am not here to shit on things, I want to see new things built and good stories to be told. Telling people that just because something is still in progress means that the idea can't be criticized is just plain wrong (Starbound?), as in the end, a newer concept will be built off  on what already exists. Better to show why that would be a bad idea than to let it be done.

"If you actually talked to the community about it instead of just coming by to defend your arguments and post more arguments, you'd realize that none of this is bogging anyone down"
This is actually what I have been doing from the start. I have been talking to others on Steam, Facepunch, the Starbound forums, hell, even Youtube. My first critique was half as long as this, as most of the ideas that are now included are things I actually pulled from other fans, carefully tossing out and adding in details that stick out.  I had a ton of fun learning about leather-working, hypothetical biologies, thermal regulation, rail guns, and dinosaurs. And ended up becoming friends with a few of them too. Just because you don't see the issues (the community only ever has like twelve people at the most online out of a hundred, dude. Are you really gonna state that opinion as certain fact?) doesn't mean others haven't spotted it's problems. Their feathers, their eyes, some arguments about the plot that already exist, all were introduced to me by others simply by asking.
I'm not mad about having a lively debate, but having my points continuously misunderstood is still a sticking point for me! If you honestly think that rant is born of rage, it would be much shorter, wouldn't you think? Smile