Avali Nexus
Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: User Created Content (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Thread: Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness (/showthread.php?tid=19)

Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Shaadaris - 05-31-2015

Greetings! I, as you may or may not know, may not understand, may disbelieve for the horror it shall invoke upon your very soul, am Shaadaris.
I do things! Sometimes. Often. I decided to post things that I do! Hooray. *Throws arms up and waves them side to side with a bored expression.*
So yeah, some of what I post here is probably stuff I've made for the NonSemiserious RP here on these very forums, but I've branched out somewhat.
I am by no means an artist. Anything here that bears a passing resemblance to art is actually not. Much like how life is actually a cat at sea, set out to sail to the edge of the earth in search of the land of the dead... Wait, what?

Um... Here, have the (un)promised things:

Magipunk Banner
I originally started this to see if I could make a version of the logo of a Minecraft server I used to play on.
Eventually I gave up and never completed it, but hey, I'm posting it anyway!
Here's the original (not done by me!) for comparison:
I also tried to make an icon for it:
Welcome Back Gif
This was actually made by Intrebute. I added the "Back" and various references to ancient shennanigans from the first few threads on the Starbound Forums.
NOTE: Seriously, if someone wants to make a proper, up to date one, DO SO!
Tariun's Ship
This is a ship I built in Starbound for my character Tariun, who, unfortunately, no longer exists due to shennangians with a Spacetime Gap and the universe ceasing to exist and then un-ceasing to exist.
Agglophtha
An original creature design. I had a far better drawing by hand, and this was done with a mouse in about 5 minutes.
Yeah, it's total crap. GAZE AT IT IN AWE! LET IT BURN INTO YOUR RETINAS!
Yvori Minecraft Skin
Yvori, one of my kind-of-old Original Characters, recreated lovingly in Minecraft.
This is the best skin-work I've ever done, and I haven't been able to replicate the quality since.
Minecraft: The Hall of the Order
Made in one iteration of the Magipunk server (mentioned above) I tried my hand at some architecture with the various mods we have. I made this meeting room far underground, and I'm very pleased with the result! Unfortunately, the server is long since dead, so I don't have a copy to fiddle with anymore.
Magipunk Server Icon: Take Two
After looking back at the first icon I made, I facedesked and decided to try again.
Not a huge improvment, but an improvment nonetheless.
Work In Progress Welcome Gif
I was basically just messing around when I made this. I don't think I ever intended to complete it or get a better font.
(HINT HINT SOMEONE MAKE A WELCOME BACK TO THE NEXUS GIF!!)
Happy Valiween! (WARNING: HIGH CONTRAST FLASHING COLORS!)
A gif I made for halloween, featuring a derpy 'vali image from the old 169 gif (not made by me)!
Brick Plz
I basically added text to an image once again made by another person (I don't quite recall who)
This one was for use when Lokion, everyone's favorite brick, did something plz-worthy.
Unfortunately, when Lokion was still around, he didn't do anything that warranted this beautiful edit.
What the thread, hell?
My usual reaction to things around here.
Void Cogs / Yvori Cogs
My old avatar and a few other variations I did while making it!
Shopkeep
The RP-related gifs! Shopkeep, everyone's favorite interspacial once-angel storeowner who usually doesn't even bother accepting currency!
We begin with the variations on him I did. I based Shopkeep's design off of Doc Scratch from Homestuck originally, and he was first used by me to reference a recurring gag in Homestuck (the "shop" flashes. I even put the Elevatorstuck theme in the background when writing his posts.)
[Image: Zuh4d7k.gif]
I created [Image: Zuh4d7k.gif] as a gag. It became so much more.
More Shopkeep!
This is when he was injured (and seemingly killed) by [Image: Zuh4d7k.gif].
I intended to keep him away for longer, but I decided to bring him back early because... I'm sure I had a reason.

Shopkeep: Post-16
These are the images I made for him after his return, with the cool flashy scar! I also toned down the shift and lightning effects a lot. I much prefer this version. Oh, and the scar is darn cool. I was inspired by Ganondorf's scar from The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.
Ezνяαεʟ and ƐƖтєяєανєαη
These two were introduced some time later, and became rather plot-relevant.
A demon who sided with angels, an angel who sided with demons, both are now just souls drifting through the void.
Despite the move of universe, it's always possible these two are still around...

Battle of the Gods
A short gif I made to symbolize the battle between Eltereavean, Ezvrael, and Samhain* in a small flashback.
*Samhain was a goofy bad-at-villaining villain who ended up turning into a demigod after linking himself to what is a practically infinite power source. He was also retroactively made a poor bloke by the name of Sheinam who was under demonic possession and really quite violently horrible always.

They lost.

Shopkeep: Revealed!
His identity revealed at last!... This brings up more questions.
Gears of Destiny (AKA the Scribes. Everyone calls the Scribes. The person who named them is very bad at naming things.)
Commonly seen in my signiture some time ago, and somewhat plot-relevant! (These are what Samhain linked himself to.)
>U< (U)
The mysterious otherworldly being who "saved" Eltereavean and Ezvrael when their original universe was destroyed by the Angel/Demon war and a few too many superweapons.
Time travel and plot strangeness seem to revolve around her.
Since the universe has been reset, and even before that, she (and all the other timeline versions of her) died, I think it's safe to spoil now that she was an alternate-timeline Sylrein, who, after being helped by the previous U, found herself connected to the Scribes like Samhain and able to influence timelines while having her telepathy enhanced dramatically. Unfortunately, this cost her her body, and the only thing that remained was a great many of her unusual black eyes, though usually only one was seen.
Eldritch power does crazy things to people.

So here's another avatar I used. The Void Cog, but glitchy! I love glitch-art.
Unused Uilohrih Blade Form
Uilohrih was the alternate-timeline Wrybdeac from the same timeline as the main U. (Confused yet?)
She was cut off from the Scribes, which indirectly power all Ateros, and U brought her to a location with a lot of magical energy in hopes that she would absorb enough to survive. Lo and behold, she did, and was up and running again within a couple hundred years, during which time her black cuboid sleep-mode form was turned into an object of worship.
Found by Aefendiem Wytnner, one of the background Samhain Origin sidestory characters, (yes, I used a lot of weird time travel) she joined with the new name Uilohrih (often shortened to Rih) and became a SWORD OF JUSTICE! She was inspired in her new weapon form by Shopkeep's body Ateros' weird space-portal thing (which I retconed into being an Ateros after the Ateros became a thing, and then had to retcon it further into being a prototype to explain why it didn't have a mind and shot off Scribe Energy in static bursts... There's a reason I've referred to myself as God of Retconning.)
I didn't get into her or the other sidestory characters much, unfortunately, as I was becoming too focused on bringing the Samhain arc, which never did get a conclusion, to a conclusion. There were multiple times when I thought about introducing them, but I had enough temporal flippery already.

Unused Samhain Image
Exactly what it says on the tin. Of course, since I can't draw, he remains sillouetted in a sketchy-looking dark energy aura.
Unused Wrybdeac Bow Form Image
One of the possible conclusions I had for the Samhain arc involved the finishing blow to him being dealt by someone wielding Wrybdeac's rarely-seen Bow form, powered up with a spike of Scribe Energy, some Spiritual Energy (the red stuff Samhain converts Scribe Energy into via Sribawhn to avoid ending up like U) and Electricity, which were going to be the holy trinity of energy or something. If anyone remembers the weird code changes that happend to Wryb when she was hit with a strong electric shock, that was set-up for this. Never happened though because I was stressed, had a breakdown, and cut off all ties to the RP until it was restarted.

Rih Cog
An avatar I used for a while, which I based off the red-space design of Rih's blade form.

leet val and sella man episod 1/b]
lvasm was my atempt ata sweet bro and hella jeff ripofff,
i had teh scrips for tree episodes redy but NOEP NO WAY THIS WAs way tOO STIUPID!1

Homestuck Fantrolls
Yes, I made Homestuck fantrolls. Don't judge.
I was bored one day, and had an idea, so I made it. Bleh.
Eltereavean and Ezvrael, post-battle-with-Samhain
Neither of them were doing too well, and the damage to their souls was beginning to show even more.
Shopkeep was even going to lose his iconic Ateros body, though I never did use that one.

Terraria True Arkhalis Suggestion Sprites
I love the Arkhalis, despite never having been lucky enough to find one.
I wanted to make a hardmode upgrade to it. Feel free to show your support.
Of course, there are like 20 True Arkhalis suggestions now, so mine is buried and dead, but here it is anyway.

Shopkeemotes
Potential submissions for an emote contest if we ever have another.
Once again, I'm no artist, so I hope Shopkeep's charm alone will be enough to win me a spot.
WHAT IN THE NAME OF THE GREAT THREAD GODS IS EVEN HAPPENING?!
For when "what the thread, hell?" isn't quite enough.
SNoP
An edit of Snip because I could. Intentionally terrible.
Eyrehn Ayotam Minecraft Skin
At the time of writing, my Minecraft skin of another OC of mine.
Their gender? "Maybe."

Karnelyan Cogs
Variations on another avatar I made and used.
CLICK:TICK
Related to the cog above, this is what my signiture was at the time. Composed of three seperate images, when they synced up I considered it a sign of good... well actually I'm not superstitious, so m'eh. But it was nice when they synced! The click tick was originally supposed to be the sound of turning clockwork. I guess there could be a deeper meaning behind this (and my obsession with clockwork) but I dunno.

I also made a font based off how the letters look in this, which can be found HERE. EDIT: I lied. The font isn't published so you can't access it. If anyone shows interest, I will release it.
Eldritch Abomination
I have no idea why I made this. No really, I don't remember why.
Starbound Hotbar Overhaul Suggestion Sprites
I implore you to support this idea. Please. I spent way too long on the sprites.
I go in-depth in the details in my post.
Undertale Gaster Battle Fan Sprites
Yes, I'm in on the Gaster craze. Yes, I made sprites for a fan-battle.
Yes, they're not very good. Yes, I might make said fan battle when an Undertale engine like UNITALE has all the features I want.
UPDATE: I'm actually working on THREE sprites for fan-battles right now. This one is outdated, and I probably won't replace it until I have the animated versions done. I in fact won't be posting ANY of them until I deem them ready, to avoid clogging my Imgur account.

Speaking of Undertale, I did a sprite edit of Napstablook for a one-off joke about Ehks being a ghost.
Octagonal Core
Another of my avatars! I really can never decide on one, can I?
WIP Magic System
I decided to make a magic system that all of my writing works would use. It's taking a while, since there are 13 types of energy to document the uses of, and I keep forgetting to work on it.
Limbo Wall of Blather Avatar and Signature
Didn't use these very long, though they have to do with my OC Eyrehn Ayotam.
It's supposed to be a visual representation of Eldritch Whispers from Limbo, the very edge of reality.
Fun fact: The text is random dutch words.

EBoPIP Crests
Crests meant to represent the Eldritch Beings of Practically Infinite Power, a group of exactly what it says on the tin, except exaggerated on all fronts.
They were named that by the same guy who named the Scribes the "Gears of Destiny" and the edge of reality itself "Limbo".
As stated, he is bad at naming things.
When I made these crests, I had many in mind, though I've decreased the number of them and changed them quite a bit.
Average Schymnil
The Schymnil are a race of shadowy people I started making for Starbound at one point as a test of how modding it works. I barely started the mod.
Anyway, this is an unartistic representation of one. It's hard to tell, but you can make out the outline of its head inside the hood if you up your contrast enough.
Archeon
Remember when I said Eltereavean/Shopkeep was an Angel once, and Ezvrael a Demon?
Well the Archeon were the ones leading the Angels in the war. They were anything but Angels, but the soldiers were oblivious to their possible-malintent, because they were idiots. I mean, this screams "OBVIOUSLY AN ELDRITCH HORROR. RUN."
[/b]
I have also created another Archeon. They come in many shapes and sizes. This one was based more on actual descriptions of angels found in religious texts. They look terrifying... And awesome.
The Derp-Cog
I made this sort of as a jab at my own tendency to use looping gifs of turning cogs as my avatar... I also can use it when feeling like crap, which is often.
The White Cog
I made this avatar to specifically stand out against the dark background of the Nexus. I retired it due to the kind of obvious mysterious movement of the inner cog to the up-right that all my cogs have... Probably something to do with the animation suite I use, or just GIMP being annoying in general.
Avali Look of Disapproval
An emote  ([Image: lookofdisapproval.png]) commonly seen in the old Chucklefish Avali Nexus threads, I decided to rejig it for the new site!
Esharaa
An original character by yours truly. First off is a small gif of his name I, at the time of posting, have in my signature for no reason in particular.
Now, this took me ages and it still isn't very good, but here's an image of him I drew with a mouse. Tracing was involved for the body, and some other bits, because I can't draw:
A (very, like months and months ago) old version of him, done before he even had a name or backstory. I was going to go with a headless-horseman type thing, and the mask was a later addition (which looks kind of like a Kakuna) that eventually pushed me in the direction I went:
Pattern Circle V2 Avatar
My names for these just get more and more inventive don't they?
This one was made to fit with Esharaa's red theme.
V1 was potentially seizure-inducing so I never even uploaded it. Though for you're viewing displeasure, I have processed and uploaded it. It actually came out being faster than I intended, too, so even more horrible to look at. I suggest not looking at it, or if you do, not for very long:
The No-Man
A piece of lore for a RP I'm in, the No-Man is a demon that goes around making deals with people. Surprisingly, they almost always appear to be fair deals. That doesn't mean they can't end up going horribly wrong.
What is it with me and masks?

RE: Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Comito - 01-27-2016

Made anything noteworthy lately?

RE: Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Shaadaris - 01-28-2016

(01-27-2016, 09:16 PM)Comito Wrote: Made anything noteworthy lately?

waitpeopleactuallycareaboutthis?!
Uh, I've made a bunch of stuff since I last updated this. I'll get around to updating it at some point, I guess.

RE: Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Comito - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 03:36 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 09:16 PM)Comito Wrote: Made anything noteworthy lately?

waitpeopleactuallycareaboutthis?!
Uh, I've made a bunch of stuff since I last updated this. I'll get around to updating it at some point, I guess.

Alright, cool! Your works are very neat, just like your characters.

RE: Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Shaadaris - 01-29-2016

(01-28-2016, 04:40 AM)Comito Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 03:36 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: waitpeopleactuallycareaboutthis?!

Alright, cool! Your works are very neat, just like your characters.

Oh ''>.>
Well, thank you.

RE: Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Comito - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 12:49 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 04:40 AM)Comito Wrote: Alright, cool! Your works are very neat, just like your characters.

Oh ''>.>
Well, thank you.

And you too, of course!

I have updated the post.

New commentary on multiple old things, the intro has been redone, and presumably best of all, a great many more images!
I considered posting more Minecraft builds but those are difficult to post because you need so many screenshots.

Probably doesn't cover everything I've done since I originally made the post, but definitely a lot more than before!

RE: Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Comito - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 10:46 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I have updated the post.

New commentary on multiple old things, the intro has been redone, and presumably best of all, a great many more images!
I considered posting more Minecraft builds but those are difficult to post because you need so many screenshots.

Probably doesn't cover everything I've done since I originally made the post, but definitely a lot more than before!

I don't think we'd mind a lot of Minecraft screenshots, so long as you spoiler them.

The new stuff looks cool, too. Very nice work.

(01-29-2016, 04:42 PM)Comito Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 10:46 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I have updated the post.

I don't think we'd mind a lot of Minecraft screenshots, so long as you spoiler them.

The new stuff looks cool, too. Very nice work.

Thank you, but it'd be too much effort and in my experience screenshots are very bad at showing depth when it comes to Minecraft, so I'll probably forego that for now... For now.

RE: Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Comito - 05-13-2016

How about now? I saw that one thing you drew; anything else you have to show?

RE: Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Shaadaris - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 08:48 PM)Comito Wrote: How about now? I saw that one thing you drew; anything else you have to show?

I'll have to check and see exactly what's new...

RE: Shaadaris' Creations Of Randomness - Shaadaris - 05-14-2016

-Added redone sprites of one character to Homestuck Fan Troll section.
-Added new character sprite and brief description to Homestuck Fan Troll section.
-Added more info to Undertale Fan Battle section, pertaining to potential updates.
-Added small old sprite edit joke thing involving Ehks and being a ghost just below the Undertale Fan Battle section.
-Added another Archeon to the Archeon section. Far more interesting than the first, and 20% more traced! (Wings are hard to draw from scratch!)
-Added Derp-Cog Avatar and White-Cog Avatar to bottom.
-Added Avali Look Of Disapproval Emoticon to bottom.
-Added various things involving my OC Esharaa to the bottom.
-Added my current Avatar and an old version to the bottom.
-Added a lore character for an RP to the bottom.