Avali Nexus
Reks' Draws - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: User Created Content (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Thread: Reks' Draws (/showthread.php?tid=3)

Pages: 1 2 3

Reks' Draws - Reks - 04-11-2015

Sooooooooo this is a thing.

Missed it before.

I'll try to post whatever art I feel like sharing.

Or are requested/commissioned.

Let the games begin.

Also, feel free to criticise... Though that's strictly POSITIVE criticism.

If you're a douchebag and say nothing remotely constructive I'll be a douchebag right back.

Random drawing tonight to replace that horrid lineart avatar.

Still unfinished but I'm tired.

[Image: 1y13fu0.png]

RE: Reks' Draws - Gonzogonz - 04-11-2015

is it just me or does he/she looks real fuckin' sassy?
anyway:
1: the eye is nice, stares... deep into my soul... it's nice though.
2: i feel the purple on the fur and the light blue on the coat contrast a bit too much with what it's on, make the light blue a bit darker and the purple a shade or two more grayish black.
3: the hair is quite nice, again, the white lines seem to contrast a bit too much IMO.
4: the cloak/coat thingy's size is good, though i feel there should be a button around the bend.
5: maybe add a bit more detail to some areas? the cloak, the muzzle/face, and maybe the ears?
6: the glasses are cool, and gives it a bit more personalty (bayonetta anyone?) though maybe a bit of jewelry? or a crest? maybe a piercing? a mark?

over all, quite nice, could do with a less contrast and a bit more detail here and there.

RE: Reks' Draws - Shaadaris - 04-12-2015

Ooooooo, that looks beautiful!
Personally I like the high-contrast style, almost reminds me of cell shading but more detailed.
Perhaps the only thing I could sort-of criticize is that I find the transition blending between [her] left "ear" (i.e. the one on the right of the person looking at the picture) and her hair to be a bit too smooth, like it needs more lines in comparison to the rest of the piece, but that's not even that big of a deal.
Gotta add that the glow color used on the "ears" (assuming ears because weird Umbreon biology) is fantastic! It really erm... "pops" with the dark background and fur. (I am good at art terms!)

Also the glasses are great... (I always wondered how those things are supposed to stay on though just being held up by the nose)

RE: Reks' Draws - Jetpack725 - 04-12-2015

I don't have much to say, other then It's good.
and no, I am not being an Nonconstructive douche, I just don't have many words that can explain the quality.

A good comment, is better then no comment.

RE: Reks' Draws - Reks - 04-12-2015

(04-11-2015, 12:00 PM)Gonzogonz Wrote: is it just me or does he/she looks real fuckin' sassy?
anyway:
1: the eye is nice, stares... deep into my soul... it's nice though.
2: i feel the purple on the fur and the light blue on the coat contrast a bit too much with what it's on, make the light blue a bit darker and the purple a shade or two more grayish black.
3: the hair is quite nice, again, the white lines seem to contrast a bit too much IMO.
4: the cloak/coat thingy's size is good, though i feel there should be a button around the bend.
5: maybe add a bit more detail to some areas? the cloak, the muzzle/face, and maybe the ears?
6: the glasses are cool, and gives it a bit more personalty (bayonetta anyone?) though maybe a bit of jewelry? or a crest? maybe a piercing? a mark?

over all, quite nice, could do with a less contrast and a bit more detail here and there.
It is a Work in Progress, after all.

I do intend to do more later, though I might and probably will just redraw it.

(04-12-2015, 01:59 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Ooooooo, that looks beautiful!
Personally I like the high-contrast style, almost reminds me of cell shading but more detailed.
Perhaps the only thing I could sort-of criticize is that I find the transition blending between [her] left "ear" (i.e. the one on the right of the person looking at the picture) and her hair to be a bit too smooth, like it needs more lines in comparison to the rest of the piece, but that's not even that big of a deal.
Gotta add that the glow color used on the "ears" (assuming ears because weird Umbreon biology) is fantastic! It really erm... "pops" with the dark background and fur. (I am good at art terms!)

Also the glasses are great... (I always wondered how those things are supposed to stay on though just being held up by the nose)

Yeah, I noticed that about the hair and ear but got too lazy tired to fix it.

And magic, that's how!

(04-12-2015, 02:03 AM)Jetpack725 Wrote: I don't have much to say, other then It's good.
and no, I am not being an Nonconstructive douche, I just don't have many words that can explain the quality.

A good comment, is better then no comment.

It was moreso in regards to being a critic, but not giving anything in the least bit helpful to improving.

No, I am not a mind reader. Implying what I need to work on by only telling me what's wrong is counterproductive.

RE: Reks' Draws - Reks - 04-12-2015

And got right on and finished Zeal's B-day request, finally.

DOGG

RE: Reks' Draws - Shaadaris - 04-12-2015

(04-12-2015, 08:22 AM)Reks Wrote: And got right on and finished Zeal's B-day request, finally.

DOGG

OuO
Ohmygoshthat'sadorable!

OH HEY IT'S 3 AM I NEED TO SLEEP .G'night!

RE: Reks' Draws - Segolia - 04-12-2015

Great work as always ^^

RE: Reks' Draws - Gonzogonz - 04-12-2015

(04-12-2015, 08:22 AM)Reks Wrote: And got right on and finished Zeal's B-day request, finally.

DOGG

1: very dog-like, not sure if it's a Celion or something else. pretty neat though!
2: the eyes are great, with the faint little lines on the iris it gives it nice detail
3: the ear fold looks quite good, i have never myself been a fan of it, the proportion with it here is good though.
4: the shaded fur looks good, though i don't feel its wholly consistent, there are a few spots where it looks off, but for the most part it's good
5: the hair tufts are nice, though they could be a bit more detailed, maybe in a few layers?
6: the fur-texture is really good, it looks all fuzzy and furred, really good job on that front!

over-all, it's nice, the hair could use a tad more detail, but it's another good one!

RE: Reks' Draws - Reks - 04-16-2015

Zeal: "Why not draw Myifee with... Bunny-like ears? < w>"

[Image: nd5H3tR.png]

RE: Reks' Draws - Jetpack725 - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 10:34 AM)Reks Wrote: Zeal: "Why not draw Myifee with... Bunny-like ears? < w>"

Two Words, BunnyVali

RE: Reks' Draws - Reks - 04-16-2015

(04-16-2015, 07:18 PM)Jetpack725 Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 10:34 AM)Reks Wrote: Zeal: "Why not draw Myifee with... Bunny-like ears? < w>"

Two Words, BunnyVali

Pretty sure that's an Umbreon.

RE: Reks' Draws - Shaadaris - 04-17-2015

(04-16-2015, 07:21 PM)Reks Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 07:18 PM)Jetpack725 Wrote: Two Words, BunnyVali

Pretty sure that's an Umbreon.

Nah.
Definitely an Avali.

RE: Reks' Draws - SCN-3_NULL - 04-17-2015

(04-17-2015, 07:09 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(04-16-2015, 07:21 PM)Reks Wrote: Pretty sure that's an Umbreon.

Nah.
Definitely an Avali.

an umbreon-bunny-vali

RE: Reks' Draws - Reks - 04-17-2015

Dunno what it is

[Image: vTDKAhP.png]

But it's cute.

RE: Reks' Draws - Gonzogonz - 04-17-2015

[Image: nd5H3tR.png]

aaaaaaaahhh, late late late late late!
1: the glowy bands on the ears casting light to the surrounding area looks really cool, though it could fade into the fur smoother.
2: the ears seem a bit too large compared to the rest of the body
3: the little hair curl is so damn adorable
4: the shading on the face/head is quite solid, though the contrast is a bit too high on the cloth
5: the shirt/cloth/cloak/scarf seems a bit too small compared to the neck and head
6: the background fits nicely

(04-17-2015, 08:50 AM)Reks Wrote: Dunno what it is

[Image: vTDKAhP.png]

But it's cute.

maybenotquiteaslateaslasttimebutstillaaaah:
1:holy snopdops that little thing is cute!
2: the muzzle looks a bit too small and short, it's impact on the eye's position i feel should be more visible
3: the big ears make it look really sweet, maybe give them a bit of detail since it's what people are going to be looking at? maybe a bit of fluff inside, or some patterns?
4: the big roundish eyes also adds to the cuteness, as like with the ears, maybe focus on the detail with them?
5: the current rough shading is pretty good, keep it up!
6: i feel the face needs to be more... 3D? it feels a bit flatish.

i still just want to boop that little thing!

RE: Reks' Draws - Jetpack725 - 04-18-2015

But it's cute.

This is exactly how new races are created.

RE: Reks' Draws - Gonzogonz - 04-18-2015

(04-18-2015, 01:37 AM)Jetpack725 Wrote:

But it's cute.

This is exactly how new races are created.

-Darwin

RE: Reks' Draws - Jetpack725 - 04-18-2015

(04-18-2015, 08:12 AM)Gonzogonz Wrote:
(04-18-2015, 01:37 AM)Jetpack725 Wrote: This is exactly how new races are created.

-Darwin

I didn't even intend it to be a Darwin styled quote lol.

RE: Reks' Draws - Reks - 04-23-2015

Since peeps are probably going to miss it, new arthing in my sig.