Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 10:47 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the rune flashes, and a beam of light comes Down from the sky. It soon after disspatates, leaving a massive black dragon in its spot*

"Oh, uh, hey there... You wanna talk about this before I choose a side? Interesting place you got here, by the way."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 03:58 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 01:40 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *you end up in a central room with a forge, books and miscalanious objects scattered around, Aswell a vault and a large rune in the center of the room*

"Huh. Interesting."

(08-08-2015, 01:46 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "That makes sense...I wouldn't want to exist in someone's head without some sort of projection to explore. I assume most of you tend to stay around here?"

"Usually, yes. Honestly, there's not much to explore, but we can change that. It's mainly a place to exist physically- or, at least, experience it."

Wurg nodded. "Yeah...I mean, existing purely as thought without anywhere to just...exist sounds thoroughly unpleasant. Especially from my point of view...I'm used to having a physical body, after all."

(08-08-2015, 05:05 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg nodded. "Yeah...I mean, existing purely as thought without anywhere to just...exist sounds thoroughly unpleasant. Especially from my point of view...I'm used to having a physical body, after all."

The figure nods. "It feels nice, at least, to feel like we actually exist outside Umbra's mind. We'll need to start getting used to it, anyway, if we ever hope to do so."

(08-08-2015, 05:13 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 05:05 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: Wurg nodded. "Yeah...I mean, existing purely as thought without anywhere to just...exist sounds thoroughly unpleasant. Especially from my point of view...I'm used to having a physical body, after all."

The figure nods. "It feels nice, at least, to feel like we actually exist outside Umbra's mind. We'll need to start getting used to it, anyway, if we ever hope to do so."

"Oh? There's a possibility you'll be able to exist outside his mind? Hm...yeah, you would have to get used to having a body..."

(08-08-2015, 05:18 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Oh? There's a possibility you'll be able to exist outside his mind? Hm...yeah, you would have to get used to having a body..."

"We're working on that now. If we can figure out how the nightmares manifest, we might be able to replicate it. There's another way, though, but hopefully it doesn't come to it..."

(08-08-2015, 05:43 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 05:18 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Oh? There's a possibility you'll be able to exist outside his mind? Hm...yeah, you would have to get used to having a body..."

"We're working on that now. If we can figure out how the nightmares manifest, we might be able to replicate it. There's another way, though, but hopefully it doesn't come to it..."

"Hm. I wish you luck, then. I wonder if the data is done getting copied over...and if I'll be able to use it. Still can't access my old forms, and the new ones seem slightly...different. Maybe having a new host reset something? Hopefully that's not the case..."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 08-08-2015

(08-08-2015, 04:26 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 10:47 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the rune flashes, and a beam of light comes Down from the sky. It soon after disspatates, leaving a massive black dragon in its spot*

"Oh, uh, hey there... You wanna talk about this before I choose a side? Interesting place you got here, by the way."

Chose sides?
What is this nonesence you speak of?

(08-08-2015, 06:09 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Hm. I wish you luck, then. I wonder if the data is done getting copied over...and if I'll be able to use it. Still can't access my old forms, and the new ones seem slightly...different. Maybe having a new host reset something? Hopefully that's not the case..."

"I hope not. The transfer should be done, but Umbra's out of the house right now."

(08-08-2015, 06:12 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: Chose sides?

"Ah, nothing. Anyway, I got your crystal messenger. What did you mean by the Nightmares not being your doing?"

(08-08-2015, 06:21 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 06:09 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Hm. I wish you luck, then. I wonder if the data is done getting copied over...and if I'll be able to use it. Still can't access my old forms, and the new ones seem slightly...different. Maybe having a new host reset something? Hopefully that's not the case..."

"I hope not. The transfer should be done, but Umbra's out of the house right now."

"Ah, nothing. Anyway, I got your crystal messenger. What did you mean by the Nightmares not being your doing?"

Nightmares have a dendency to fallow mass murders of their kind and attempt to murder the hunter, and then decimate the local population if the hunter dies.

(08-08-2015, 06:33 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: Nightmares have a dendency to fallow mass murders of their kind and attempt to murder the hunter, and then decimate the local population if the hunter dies.

"...Oh. Fun. So, uh... How are we going to get rid of them?"

"Oh, yeah, and... Do you know how they manifest? Just curious."

(08-08-2015, 06:36 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 06:33 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: Nightmares have a dendency to fallow mass murders of their kind and attempt to murder the hunter, and then decimate the local population if the hunter dies.

"...Oh. Fun. So, uh... How are we going to get rid of them?"

"Oh, yeah, and... Do you know how they manifest? Just curious."

I'm still trying find the last of the nightmarea.

As for the manifestation, it happens when a certain trait is forcefully combined with a blank aura, and sealed with dark quintessence.

Why do you need to know that anyways?

(08-08-2015, 06:55 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: I'm still trying find the last of the nightmarea.

As for the manifestation, it happens when a certain trait is forcefully combined with a blank aura, and sealed with dark quintessence.

"Certain trait?... What trait, might I ask? Is that where the 'double' part comes in?"

(08-08-2015, 07:09 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 06:55 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: I'm still trying find the last of the nightmarea.

"Certain trait?... What trait, might I ask? Is that where the 'double' part comes in?"
If their is a pre existing mindset or emotion , it can be manifested. And yes, that's where the double part comes in.
Tell me, why do you need to know this?
*his eyes narrow to slits, almost in a questioning maner*

(08-08-2015, 06:21 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"...Oh. Didn't know he was. I assume everything is all right...? If it isn't, he could possibly still use me. I mean, I can't access any of my normal forms, but the default one - my activated 'form', that is, still might work. After all, most Ateros can automatically assume that form. It used to be a sword...then when the other Ehks became my host, I was a slightly different sword. Though that may have coincided with my souls fusing."

(08-08-2015, 07:19 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: If their is a pre existing mindset or emotion , it can be manifested. And yes, that's where the double part comes in.

"I might be able to use it to help us. Where do I get a blank aura and this dark energy? Also, is there a replacement for the dark energy?"
Umbra takes out a notepad and pen.

(08-08-2015, 07:26 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Oh. Didn't know he was. I assume everything is all right...? If it isn't, he could possibly still use me. I mean, I can't access any of my normal forms, but the default one - my activated 'form', that is, still might work. After all, most Ateros can automatically assume that form. It used to be a sword...then when the other Ehks became my host, I was a slightly different sword. Though that may have coincided with my souls fusing."

"Interesting. Do you wish to be returned to the normal world? I can take you back here at any time."

(08-08-2015, 07:36 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 07:19 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: If their is a pre existing mindset or emotion , it can be manifested. And yes, that's where the double part comes in.

"I might be able to use it to help us. Where do I get a blank aura and this dark energy? Also, is there a replacement for the dark energy?"

(08-08-2015, 07:26 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Oh. Didn't know he was. I assume everything is all right...? If it isn't, he could possibly still use me. I mean, I can't access any of my normal forms, but the default one - my activated 'form', that is, still might work. After all, most Ateros can automatically assume that form. It used to be a sword...then when the other Ehks became my host, I was a slightly different sword. Though that may have coincided with my souls fusing."

"Interesting. Do you wish to be returned to the normal world? I can take you back here at any time."

"Yeah, that'd be a good idea. Just in case something happens, I want to be there to har it. And see it with his eyes. It's still weird doing that..."

(08-08-2015, 07:36 PM)Umbra Wrote:

I'll suppuly the blank aura. And their is a alternative to dark quintessence.
It can only be obtained from gods, Angels, and other beings of light.

(08-08-2015, 07:39 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yeah, that'd be a good idea. Just in case something happens, I want to be there to har it. And see it with his eyes. It's still weird doing that..."

"Very well."
The landscape slowly fades back into reality, taking Superego with it.

(08-08-2015, 07:46 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: I'll suppuly the blank aura. And their is a alternative to dark quintessence.

"So you're saying I have to either use some kind of dark power or somehow harvest holiness."

(08-08-2015, 07:50 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-08-2015, 07:39 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yeah, that'd be a good idea. Just in case something happens, I want to be there to har it. And see it with his eyes. It's still weird doing that..."

"Very well."

(08-08-2015, 07:46 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: I'll suppuly the blank aura. And their is a alternative to dark quintessence.

"So you're saying I have to either use some kind of dark power or somehow harvest holiness."
Essentially. It's been done before, and it can be done again.

(08-08-2015, 07:50 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"Very well."

[Thank you.]
The bracelets on Umbra's wrists made an odd crackling noise, before a somewhat-tinny version of Wurg's voice was produced. "Umbra? What's going on? Where the hell are we?"