Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:39 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((That doesn't answer my question. How the hell is it still running after being shot?))

//As Marx said he didn't know he hit anything, and plus it's being continuously armoured with Tiberium, the bolt would have been enveloped as it went through. Plus it's a cat, I know from experience they are pretty much unkillable.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:40 AM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: (( is there a signup for this or can I just jump in when the time is most opportune?))

// The second thing. Don't be super crazy, though- people tend to dislike that.
// Also, make sure you've seen the map description on the first page. It'll help a lot.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:41 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:39 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((That doesn't answer my question. How the hell is it still running after being shot?))

//As Marx said he didn't know he hit anything, and plus it's being continuously armoured with Tiberium, the bolt would have been enveloped as it went through. Plus it's a cat, I know from experience they are pretty much unkillable.
// lit doesn't mean it cancels the kinetic energy, and it would just shatter

(08-27-2015, 03:41 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //As Marx said he didn't know he hit anything, and plus it's being continuously armoured with Tiberium, the bolt would have been enveloped as it went through. Plus it's a cat, I know from experience they are pretty much unkillable.

// What about insane, fire-and-darkness-based, ethereal entities that are basically hyper berserkers?
// Because I have one.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:39 AM)Marxon Wrote: // should actually be bloody pulp

((Agreed. Something that small would be pretty much dead paste, and most CERTAINLY wouldn't be able to run if it somehow survived.))

(08-27-2015, 03:40 AM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: (( is there a signup for this or can I just jump in when the time is most opportune?))

((There's no signups, but it's best to have some idea of a character, a description, and backstory and stuff. Also don't try to just start random shit as soon as yo join in, because that gets highly annoying. For reference, this RP tkes place in a...well, it's some kind of pocket dimension where a bunch of peopel are - a physical description of everything can be found in the initial post. You'll learn more as you talk to more people and stuff in the RP though, don't worry - all you need to know is it's in a pocket dimension (So some method of arriving in it is required, maybe an FTL mishap or dimensional fucking around or what-have-you) and where everything is.))

// welcome

// we are currently experiencing events of potentially apocalyptic significance

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - TheSpiderDungeon - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:42 AM)Umbra Wrote:

// The second thing. Don't be super crazy, though- people tend to dislike that.
// Also, make sure you've seen the map description on the first page. It'll help a lot.

((Well, I've seen enough ancient RP thread ruins to know a fair amount of limitations, but I've never actually done this before. Can you PM me or something so I can get assistance?))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:43 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:41 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //As Marx said he didn't know he hit anything, and plus it's being continuously armoured with Tiberium, the bolt would have been enveloped as it went through. Plus it's a cat, I know from experience they are pretty much unkillable.
// lit doesn't mean it cancels the kinetic energy, and it would just shatter

//It did. The reasoning is that it's continuously growing at a rate that would, stop delay the projectile, then continuously envelop it as it's moving, kind of similar to those bastard ships in Reassembly.

//Just saying, Umbra is magic...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Alpaca - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:32 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:29 AM)Marxon Wrote: Fuck fuck fuck fucking fuck...

KILL THAT THING BEFORE...

well we're already going to have to evacuate the entire town...

*The cat stops and starts a mad dash to the labs.*
*Follows cat to the labs, suddenly feel the immense power that the tiberium has given me, I leap further run faster etc.  Notices the trail of tiberium I was leaving behind me*
"Meh"
*Claws turn to tiberium*
*Keeps following cat*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - TheSpiderDungeon - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:44 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:39 AM)Marxon Wrote: // should actually be bloody pulp

((Agreed. Something that small would be pretty much dead paste, and most CERTAINLY wouldn't be able to run if it somehow survived.))

((There's no signups, but it's best to have some idea of a character, a description, and backstory and stuff. Also don't try to just start random shit as soon as yo join in, because that gets highly annoying. For reference, this RP tkes place in a...well, it's some kind of pocket dimension where a bunch of peopel are - a physical description of everything can be found in the initial post. You'll learn more as you talk to more people and stuff in the RP though, don't worry - all you need to know is it's in a pocket dimension (So some method of arriving in it is required, maybe an FTL mishap or dimensional fucking around or what-have-you) and where everything is.))
((I've fucked around with the Dimensional Doors mod on minecraft a lot, so entry will most likely consist of a broken door or some such))))

(08-27-2015, 03:48 AM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:44 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Agreed. Something that small would be pretty much dead paste, and most CERTAINLY wouldn't be able to run if it somehow survived.))

((I've fucked around with the Dimensional Doors mod on minecraft a lot, so entry will most likely consist of a broken door or some such))))

Can I just ask who is this?

(08-27-2015, 03:46 AM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: ((Well, I've seen enough ancient RP thread ruins to know a fair amount of limitations, but I've never actually done this before. Can you PM me or something so I can get assistance?))

// Well, this isn't necessarily a dedicated RP thing. Just a casual thing, kind of. The only limitations are don't be a Mary Sue and don't be super crazy about your actions (i.e. "I'M GONNA NUKE THE ENTIRE WORLD KTHXBAI").
// You might want to think a little about where your character is from and how they're going to appear.

(08-27-2015, 03:44 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((There's no signups, but it's best to have some idea of a character, a description, and backstory and stuff. Also don't try to just start random shit as soon as yo join in, because that gets highly annoying. For reference, this RP tkes place in a...well, it's some kind of pocket dimension where a bunch of peopel are - a physical description of everything can be found in the initial post. You'll learn more as you talk to more people and stuff in the RP though, don't worry - all you need to know is it's in a pocket dimension (So some method of arriving in it is required, maybe an FTL mishap or dimensional fucking around or what-have-you) and where everything is.))

// You know, I've never actually referred to the place as a pocket dimension... Pretty good description of it, though. It's not very big (as far as anyone knows).

(08-27-2015, 03:46 AM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:42 AM)Umbra Wrote: // The second thing. Don't be super crazy, though- people tend to dislike that.

((Well, I've seen enough ancient RP thread ruins to know a fair amount of limitations, but I've never actually done this before. Can you PM me or something so I can get assistance?))
// i appreciate that you're not jumping into it blind, but just give your entrance a go

(08-27-2015, 03:47 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //It did. The reasoning is that it's continuously growing at a rate that would, stop delay the projectile, then continuously envelop it as it's moving, kind of similar to those bastard ships in Reassembly.

// Don't pull that bullshit excuse out. I never tried to end the world.

"Yeah, I don't think this is working... Should Chaos get out here?"
"He'd love it, that's for sure... It might be one of the only chances we have. Either him or Apathy."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:47 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:43 AM)Marxon Wrote: // lit doesn't mean it cancels the kinetic energy, and it would just shatter

//It did. The reasoning is that it's continuously growing at a rate that would, stop delay the projectile, then continuously envelop it as it's moving, kind of similar to those bastard ships in Reassembly.

((And...that matters how? That's like saying "Someone can shoot fire, so I can kill everything and be immortal to being killed. That's completely wrong.))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Alpaca - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:48 AM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:44 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Agreed. Something that small would be pretty much dead paste, and most CERTAINLY wouldn't be able to run if it somehow survived.))

// and don't mention alpacas. Or intelligent alpacas. Or intelligent alpacs with nukes. Just dont.

(08-27-2015, 03:53 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:47 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //It did. The reasoning is that it's continuously growing at a rate that would, stop delay the projectile, then continuously envelop it as it's moving, kind of similar to those bastard ships in Reassembly.

// Don't pull that bullshit excuse out. I never tried to end the world.

//Shhhh. Big Grin
//They don't know that
//Wait...

(08-27-2015, 03:53 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:

((And...that matters how? That's like saying "Someone can shoot fire, so I can kill everything and be immortal to being killed. That's completely wrong.))

//Explosives
//A grenade would work.
//I'm not immortal
//Just slightly resistant to kinetic weaponry.

(08-27-2015, 03:48 AM)Alpaca Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:32 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: *The cat stops and starts a mad dash to the labs.*
*Follows cat to the labs, suddenly feel the immense power that the tiberium has given me, I leap further run faster etc.  Notices the trail of tiberium I was leaving behind me*
"Meh"
*Claws turn to tiberium*
*Keeps following cat*
THIS SITUATION IS SERIOUSLY FUBAR!

IM ACTIVATING THE DISTRESS BEACON!

(08-27-2015, 03:55 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Shhhh. Big Grin
//They don't know that
//Wait...

// u wot m8

*The cat bursts into one of the labs and scans the shelves for something.*