Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 05:07 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 04:56 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Whats causing all this? These crystals give off an immense amount of radiation, and it seems no matter what is done to them they just come back."

Her barrier flickers, she was holding it at the minimum power consumption necessary.

"If I lose this body so soon, I'll be gone for good- there's not enough power in me right now to replace it again."

"Spare your energy, then." The entity floats down to the ground. It raises an arm and the black crystal rises- it then swings its arm down and the crystal spikes into the Tiberium, quickly turning it the same color.
The ambient radiation disappears...
The changing of the crystal also spreads all the way to the source- in this case, the contaminated animal.

(08-27-2015, 04:57 PM)Surge Wrote: *notices the amount of ambient radiation* ...did we get nuked?

"That's the Tiberium."
//tiberium is not normal crystal...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - TheSpiderDungeon - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 04:57 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 04:41 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: Wait, it happened to the talking marshmallow?
"Did you say they turned to dust?"
Yeah. He just said that, Einstein.
"What did you do to have that happen?"

*pauses eating*

Slowly but surely, the procedure is incredibly painful, but it's not as bad as constant breaks, and you end up with a semi organic skeletal replacement that's made out of mostly graphene.

And why are you looking at me like that? Is it because I'm the fattest avali you've ever met?

*growls briefly and stands in an imposing stance with his claws out*

I'm aware I have my problems, but that's no excuse to stare like that. You think I'm disgusting and don't take care of myself? I'll have you know that in spite of crippling depression, eating disorders, and a genetic defect that gives me a very high fat retention rate... I dress as well as I can, maintain excellent hygiene, and do my best to fight it...

*huffs and sits down with a depressed sigh*

Wait, that beached whale can hear me?
"How- How do you know what goes on in my head? I've been staring at you with a neutral expression and not once have I inquired about your weight. Negasumi, however, has. How do you know?"
THOSE IMPERIAL BASTARDS!

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 05:15 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "That's... I don't believe I've met you in particular, but are you some sort of divine?" Danu looks surprised at seeing the strange entity and the incredible power it holds.

As the radiation levels drop she releases her barriers, but lifts slightly off the ground to float in midair as if suggesting she too once held such a power.

"Divine? You're too kind. I doubt my power comes close to yours. In any case, I'm no god, either. My name is Superego, for I govern four others of varying traits, and am equal parts light and shadow." He takes a bow. "Pleased to meet you at last, Danu."

(08-27-2015, 05:20 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 04:57 PM)Marxon Wrote: *pauses eating*

Slowly but surely, the procedure is incredibly painful, but it's not as bad as constant breaks, and you end up with a semi organic skeletal replacement that's made out of mostly graphene.

And why are you looking at me like that? Is it because I'm the fattest avali you've ever met?

*growls briefly and stands in an imposing stance with his claws out*

I'm aware I have my problems, but that's no excuse to stare like that. You think I'm disgusting and don't take care of myself? I'll have you know that in spite of crippling depression, eating disorders, and a genetic defect that gives me a very high fat retention rate... I dress as well as I can, maintain excellent hygiene, and do my best to fight it...

*huffs and sits down with a depressed sigh*

Wait, that beached whale can hear me?
"How- How do you know what goes on in my head? I've been staring at you with a neutral expression and not once have I inquired about your weight. Negasumi, however, has. How do you know?"
THOSE IMPERIAL BASTARDS!

Though i may be socially inept, I can read fine facial expressions that people don't realize they're making.

Also... no wait I can't tell you.

Just, remember that what you're thinking shows in your body language, and im fluent.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - TheSpiderDungeon - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 05:24 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 05:20 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: Wait, that beached whale can hear me?
THOSE IMPERIAL BASTARDS!

Though i may be socially inept, I can read fine facial expressions that people don't realize they're making.

Just, remember that what you're thinking shows in your body language, and im fluent.

"Bullshit."
Said it before I even could.
"Negasumi doesn't alter my body movements in any way. I know this to be a fact."
I am a voice and that is all. Well, among other things, but I don't force.
Yes you do.
I manipulate. Big difference.
"So I'll ask again: How do you know what he is saying? Honest answer this time."
Call him fat. It's bugging me.
No.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 05:23 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 05:15 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "That's... I don't believe I've met you in particular, but are you some sort of divine?" Danu looks surprised at seeing the strange entity and the incredible power it holds.

As the radiation levels drop she releases her barriers, but lifts slightly off the ground to float in midair as if suggesting she too once held such a power.

"Divine? You're too kind. I doubt my power comes close to yours. In any case, I'm no god, either. My name is Superego, for I govern four others of varying traits, and am equal parts light and shadow." He takes a bow. "Pleased to meet you at last, Danu."

"Power I once held, equivalent to a divine but strictly forbidden to treat it as one. As I am now, only a tiny fraction of that power remains. Being near strong powers though helps me recover my own though."

She winces and holds her shoulder, cringing from a sharp pain there. "Sorry. Being near you like this seems to be restoring a portion of what I really am. I thought I was on the verge of losing them for good."

(08-27-2015, 05:30 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 05:24 PM)Marxon Wrote: Though i may be socially inept, I can read fine facial expressions that people don't realize they're making.

"Bullshit."
"Negasumi doesn't alter my body movements in any way. I know this to be a fact."
Yes you do.
"So I'll ask again: How do you know what he is saying? Honest answer this time."
No.
You have a neural jack right?

(08-27-2015, 05:19 PM)Marxon Wrote: //tiberium is not normal crystal...

// Neither is this one.
// Matter of fact, it's barely a crystal at all.

(08-27-2015, 05:34 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Power I once held, equivalent to a divine but strictly forbidden to treat it as one. As I am now, only a tiny fraction of that power remains. Being near strong powers though helps me recover my own though."

She winces and holds her shoulder, cringing from a sharp pain there. "Sorry. Being near you like this seems to be restoring a portion of what I really am. I thought I was on the verge of losing them for good."

"I suppose it's good I came out, then. I would do so more often, but manifesting drains Umbra of all his Magicka, leaving him immensely tired..."

(08-27-2015, 05:34 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 05:30 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: "Bullshit."
Yes you do.
No.
You have a neural jack right?

"Not of Nexus design, but yes. However, there's no way it would connect to yours in any way.
Unless..."
Negasumi, does marx have a connection to the Upper Levels?
I'll try to find out. I haven't noticed anything, but there are Floormasters who are excellent at hiding.
"Ah... Nevermind. But yes."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 08-27-2015

Maybe we should round up this tiberium stuff and lob it into space?

(08-27-2015, 05:35 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 05:34 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Power I once held, equivalent to a divine but strictly forbidden to treat it as one. As I am now, only a tiny fraction of that power remains. Being near strong powers though helps me recover my own though."

"I suppose it's good I came out, then. I would do so more often, but manifesting drains Umbra of all his Magicka, leaving him immensely tired..."

"Sunlight... I need.... sunlight.."

Danu's face twisted to an expression of pain, as she moves into a sunny spot in her yard.

She leans forward, her back bending as she tries to hold herself.

It was too late to stop her reawakening. From her right shoulder bursts a mass of fiery looking mist, ripping through her robe as it does. It swirls for a moment and then takes form, a shape resembling a wing with flame-like feathers. Its translucent, with a myriad of hues from every color imaginable all swirled about.

Having it happen, Danu screams in pain and gasps for breath. Though they used to emerge naturally, it hadn't happened in such a long time that she had grown a body without the openings to accept them. Those openings were being ripped anew, blood trickling down her back.

(08-27-2015, 05:48 PM)Surge Wrote: Maybe we should round up this tiberium stuff and lob it into space?

"That's not a bad idea, but I don't know how-"

(08-27-2015, 05:51 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Sunlight... I need.... sunlight.."

Danu's face twisted to an expression of pain, as she moves into a sunny spot in her yard.

It was too late to stop her reawakening. From her right shoulder bursts a mass of fiery looking mist, ripping through her robe as it does. It swirls for a moment and then takes form, a shape resembling a wing with flame-like feathers. Its translucent, with a myriad of hues from every color imaginable all swirled about.

Having it happen, Danu screams in pain and gasps for breath. Though they used to emerge naturally, it hadn't happened in such a long time that she had grown a body without the openings to accept them. Those openings were being ripped anew, blood trickling down her back.

"...Whoa."

(08-27-2015, 05:47 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 05:34 PM)Marxon Wrote: You have a neural jack right?

"Not of Nexus design, but yes. However, there's no way it would connect to yours in any way.
Unless..."
Negasumi, does marx have a connection to the Upper Levels?
I'll try to find out. I haven't noticed anything, but there are Floormasters who are excellent at hiding.
"Ah... Nevermind. But yes."
Your jack is what? 2 inches long?
*turns around and parts the feathers on his spine, showing a massive outcropping of electronics that cover 2/3 of his spine*

Mine is ten times that, it has quite a few... extra features, the details of which I can't tell you without making you a liability...

Homemade ones tend to have the loudest signal bleed and the lowest security. Hmmmmm...

*you feel a piercing pain in your neck before you hear someone say "beached whale reporting in"*

Yeah... top secret military grade hardware, and I'm filled to the brim with it...

*everything suddenly changes about him with a neck spasm, his posture straightens, his voice deepens, and his face adopts a scowl, he then grabs him by the neck in an impossibly strong chokehold, then whispers into his ear*

Tell anyone, I'll know, then I'll find you and kill you, try to collect the bounty on me, dead... try to run, you get the point...

*lets go, backs up, and shivers, the abberant behavior suddenly disappearing*
Now, where was I?

(08-27-2015, 06:04 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 05:48 PM)Surge Wrote: Maybe we should round up this tiberium stuff and lob it into space?

"That's not a bad idea, but I don't know how-"

(08-27-2015, 05:51 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Sunlight... I need.... sunlight.."

"...Whoa."
Well surely we can find some raw materials around here.

(08-27-2015, 06:04 PM)Umbra Wrote: OdinYggd"Sunlight... I need.... sunlight.."

(08-27-2015, 05:51 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu's face twisted to an expression of pain, as she moves into a sunny spot in her yard.

"...Whoa."

"Father..." she gasps, as her other shoulder rips open to reveal a second of the beautiful wings.

As it takes shape, they lift her slightly while her body hangs mostly limp from them, too stunned by the pain to do much of anything.

Well this is getting a bit much.

(08-27-2015, 06:07 PM)Surge Wrote: Well surely we can find some raw materials around here.

"Well, the problem is that the stuff converts materials into its substance... So we need to figure out how to build a Tiberium-proof material."

(08-27-2015, 06:10 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:07 PM)Surge Wrote: Well surely we can find some raw materials around here.

"Well, the problem is that the stuff converts materials into its substance... So we need to figure out how to build a Tiberium-proof material."
I...did not know that.

(08-27-2015, 06:08 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Father..." she gasps, as her other shoulder rips open to reveal a second of the beautiful wings.

As it takes shape, they lift her slightly while her body hangs mostly limp from them, too stunned by the pain to do much of anything.

"Yeesh... Are you okay?..."
"If you need it, I can demanifest and send out Empathy."

(08-27-2015, 06:12 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:08 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Father..." she gasps, as her other shoulder rips open to reveal a second of the beautiful wings.

"Yeesh... Are you okay?..."
"If you need it, I can demanifest and send out Empathy."

"The only pain I've ever felt worse than this was childbirth. It will pass as abruptly as it came, my body adapting to once again bearings its wings."

She continues to hang there as a breeze moves her feathers, waiting for her body to adjust itself.

"I used to have 6 of these, grouped as 3 spans of 2."