Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 06:10 PM)Surge Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:10 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Well, the problem is that the stuff converts materials into its substance... So we need to figure out how to build a Tiberium-proof material."
I...did not know that.

Umbra nods. "It still has a crystalline structure, though, and S.E here can contaminate and destroy it, as well as slow its spread... We might have this taken care of soon enough. I'm also working on getting the world regenerator thing working again..."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 06:08 PM)Surge Wrote: Well this is getting a bit much.
// its not good to ask questions all the time.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - TheSpiderDungeon - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 06:04 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 05:47 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: "Not of Nexus design, but yes. However, there's no way it would connect to yours in any way.
Unless..."
Negasumi, does marx have a connection to the Upper Levels?
I'll try to find out. I haven't noticed anything, but there are Floormasters who are excellent at hiding.
"Ah... Nevermind. But yes."
Your jack is what? 2 inches long?
*turns around and parts the feathers on his spine, showing a massive outcropping of electronics that cover 2/3 of his spine*

Mine is ten times that, it has quite a few... extra features, the details of which I can't tell you without making you a liability...

Homemade ones tend to have the loudest signal bleed and the lowest security.  Hmmmmm...

*you feel a piercing pain in your neck before you hear someone say "beached whale reporting in"*

Yeah... top secret military grade hardware, and I'm filled to the brim with it...

*everything suddenly changes about him with a neck spasm, his posture straightens, his voice deepens, and his face adopts a scowl, he then grabs him by the neck in an impossibly strong chokehold, then whispers into his ear*

Tell anyone, I'll know, then I'll find you and kill you, try to collect the bounty on me, dead... try to run, you get the point...

*lets go, backs up, and shivers, the abberant behavior suddenly disappearing*
Now, where was I?

This guy. I think I like him.
"You were telling me about this bounty of yours. How much? Mine's about 17 billion credits! Turns out people don't like it when you excavate a planet for tiberium! Ha!"
Good idea. Tell him we're worth 17 billion. What could possibly go wrong? I'll search for a new host...

(08-27-2015, 06:17 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "The only pain I've ever felt worse than this was childbirth. It will pass as abruptly as it came, my body adapting to once again bearings its wings."

She continues to hang there as a breeze moves her feathers, waiting for her body to adjust itself.

"I used to have 6 of these, grouped as 3 spans of 2."

"3 pairs of wings? That seems a bit much... Still concerned about the blood trickling down your back, though..."

(08-27-2015, 06:20 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:04 PM)Marxon Wrote: Your jack is what? 2 inches long?
*turns around and parts the feathers on his spine, showing a massive outcropping of electronics that cover 2/3 of his spine*

Mine is ten times that, it has quite a few... extra features, the details of which I can't tell you without making you a liability...

Homemade ones tend to have the loudest signal bleed and the lowest security.  Hmmmmm...

*you feel a piercing pain in your neck before you hear someone say "beached whale reporting in"*

Yeah... top secret military grade hardware, and I'm filled to the brim with it...

*everything suddenly changes about him with a neck spasm, his posture straightens, his voice deepens, and his face adopts a scowl, he then grabs him by the neck in an impossibly strong chokehold, then whispers into his ear*

Tell anyone, I'll know, then I'll find you and kill you, try to collect the bounty on me, dead... try to run, you get the point...

*lets go, backs up, and shivers, the abberant behavior suddenly disappearing*
Now, where was I?

This guy. I think I like him.
"You were telling me about this bounty of yours. How much? Mine's about 17 billion credits! Turns out people don't like it when you excavate a planet for tiberium! Ha!"
Good idea. Tell him we're worth 17 billion. What could possibly go wrong? I'll search for a new host...

That's small time compared to me, I'm in the trillions now.

Don't worry, this place appears on very few star charts, and none of them list it as habitable... this is a great hiding place.

You're among friends, okay?

*holds out his arms for a hug, smiling... like a hungry shark*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - TheSpiderDungeon - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 06:24 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:20 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: This guy. I think I like him.

That's small time compared to me, I'm in the trillions now.

Don't worry, this place appears on very few star charts, and none of them list it as habitable... this is a great hiding place.

Daaaaaaamn! Trillions? This guy knows how to live! Sell himself and pay his own bail! Ha, I've always wondered if that's possible.
Well, you know what they say; life is like a box of chocolates, Negasumi. You never know what you're gonna get.
Also it doesn't last as long for fat people.
How kind.
"Fuck no you might stab me!"
PFFFFFTTT AAAHAHHAAHAAAHAHAHAAHAA!! I was NOT expecting that!

(08-27-2015, 06:34 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:24 PM)Marxon Wrote: That's small time compared to me, I'm in the trillions now.

Daaaaaaamn! Trillions? This guy knows how to live! Sell himself and pay his own bail! Ha, I've always wondered if that's possible.
Well, you know what they say; life is like a box of chocolates, Negasumi. You never know what you're gonna get.
How kind.
*holds out his hands*

I have nothing, I'm just trying to show you that I can be trusted, and you could do the same...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 06:22 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:17 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "The only pain I've ever felt worse than this was childbirth. It will pass as abruptly as it came, my body adapting to once again bearings its wings."

She continues to hang there as a breeze moves her feathers, waiting for her body to adjust itself.

"I used to have 6 of these, grouped as 3 spans of 2."

"3 pairs of wings? That seems a bit much... Still concerned about the blood trickling down your back, though..."

"Robe already soaked up most of it. The slots formed, it shouldn't be bleeding any more."

Danu lifts her head and then tilts herself upright again, floating a few inches off the ground as her wings move slowly.

"So, I guess there's no point hiding who I really am from you. I am Seraph Danu Geldarc, head of the divine order House Geldarc. At the height of my power I was tasked with destroying and then re-creating the universe whenever it became too unstable to continue existing, in doing so overseeing the garden of eden and ensuring that life would continue into the next existance. But ever since the system failure caused my worlds to end forever, I've been reduced to merely a traveller, a guide for others to finding goodness in the worlds they belong to."

(08-27-2015, 06:37 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:34 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: Daaaaaaamn! Trillions? This guy knows how to live! Sell himself and pay his own bail! Ha, I've always wondered if that's possible.
How kind.
*holds out his hands*

I have nothing, I'm just trying to show you that I can be trusted, and you could do the same...

--Nesumi stares at Marx, clearly contemplating things.--
"I never got your name."
It's Marxon, isn't it?
You sure? He never told us yet.
Oh, right. You can't see the forums. Wait a second...
HE HAS A FLOORMASTER.
How do you know? Wait, what's a floormaster?
A Floormaster is more or less a kind of deity. We reside on the Upper Levels. Unlike normal, and boring as fuck, gods, we actually give our worshippers a REASON to believe in us, instead of just ballsing everything up. To be honest, I don't even think there are any other deities other than Floormasters. THAT is how silent they are.
I see. And how do you know that this Marx person has a Floormaster?
How else!? I can't believe I didn't see it sooner! Look into his eyes. Look for a glow. Not a reflection, a glow. Any kind. Any luminosity. Find it.

(08-27-2015, 06:49 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:37 PM)Marxon Wrote: *holds out his hands*

--Nesumi stares at Marx, clearly contemplating things.--
"I never got your name."
It's Marxon, isn't it?
HE HAS A FLOORMASTER.
A Floormaster is more or less a kind of deity. We reside on the Upper Levels. Unlike normal, and boring as fuck, gods, we actually give our worshippers a REASON to believe in us, instead of just ballsing everything up. To be honest, I don't even think there are any other deities other than Floormasters. THAT is how silent they are.
How else!? I can't believe I didn't see it sooner! Look into his eyes. Look for a glow. Not a reflection, a glow. Any kind. Any luminosity. Find it.

I thought I told you, Marxon, first thing I said.

(08-27-2015, 06:44 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Robe already soaked up most of it. The slots formed, it shouldn't be bleeding any more."

Danu lifts her head and then tilts herself upright again, floating a few inches off the ground as her wings move slowly.

"So, I guess there's no point hiding who I really am from you. I am Seraph Danu Geldarc, head of the divine order House Geldarc. At the height of my power I was tasked with destroying and then re-creating the universe whenever it became too unstable to continue existing, in doing so overseeing the garden of eden and ensuring that life would continue into the next existance. But ever since the system failure caused my worlds to end forever, I've been reduced to merely a traveller, a guide for others to finding goodness in the worlds they belong to."

"Well, I knew you were some sort of angel... Guess it all makes sense now."

(08-27-2015, 06:51 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:49 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: --Nesumi stares at Marx, clearly contemplating things.--
"I never got your name."
It's Marxon, isn't it?
HE HAS A FLOORMASTER.

I thought I told you, Marxon, first thing I said.

Calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people.
YOU DIDN'T KNOW EITHER!
"i seem to have forgotten that, sorry. I used to be able to remember anything. And then the splice happened. Now I'm stuck with an inkling with no control over the body he's in."
NO. NOT AN INKLING. Not anymore. I am a god now. My soul is just bound to your body.

(08-27-2015, 07:01 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:51 PM)Marxon Wrote: I thought I told you, Marxon, first thing I said.

Calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people.
YOU DIDN'T KNOW EITHER!
"i seem to have forgotten that, sorry. I used to be able to remember anything. And then the splice happened. Now I'm stuck with an inkling with no control over the body he's in."
NO. NOT AN INKLING. Not anymore. I am a god now. My soul is just bound to your body.
Huh...

((Oh god did the rp get walled? I got this!))
Nesumi, something is going to happen.
What? What do you mean?
--The sky grows dark with cloud cover as the wind speed accelerates to an alarming amount--
IT IS GOOD TO HAVE FOUND YOU AGAIN, NESUMI. I HAD A FEELING I'D FIND YOU IF I FOLLOWED THE HOLE IN THE UNIVERSE.
Ohhh fuuuuuuck...

WHO THE FUCK IS THAT!?
Your Floormaster causes me too much trouble, so I'll just unbind him and take YOU.
--The living shadow's pure-white eyes narrow as darkness envelops Nesumi.
"MARX, TAKE THIS!"
--Nesumi tossed Marx an odd triangular slab of gold with a necklace chain on it, just small enough to fit in the palm of one's hand. And with that, the avali disappears, while the wind and darkness follow out of sight.--

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 03:47 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Poor Danu. She had just saved her house from burning down by forest fire only for the village to become contaminated with Tiberium.

She had only recently gotten her body back in decent shape too, and probably wouldn't have the energy to make another if she died.

With the radiation levels skyrocketting in the village, all she could do was raise her barrier spells and try to signal for help.

White flares rocket up through the trees from her yard, bursting into wing-shaped symbols well above the treeline.

//Didn't the town have all kinds of safeguards against this kind of thing that would automatically revert such damage? Or has that system finally faulted out. Either way, we've got a damsel in distress at the corner of Oakwood and Maple requesting assistance.

//Once all this plays out, the RP will cycle through a day and sunrise will see the status quo restored. Because I thought we had limits on how insane this would get, and destroying everyone and everything was not okay.
*he stumbels into the barrier, covered in ashes*
I have a plan!

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 06:57 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 06:44 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Robe already soaked up most of it. The slots formed, it shouldn't be bleeding any more."

"Well, I knew you were some sort of angel... Guess it all makes sense now."

"I think I did tell you that before. I wasn't kidding though when I said having my wings force out like that hurts almost as much as childbirth, but you probably didn't know I had been a mother before as well. The other four won't hurt as much as the first two, but I probably don't have enough power left to call them all at once- indeed calling more than four at a time risks seriously damaging my body. They can only be used while in a non-physical form."

(08-27-2015, 07:30 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 03:47 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Poor Danu. She had just saved her house from burning down by forest fire only for the village to become contaminated with Tiberium.

She had only recently gotten her body back in decent shape too, and probably wouldn't have the energy to make another if she died.

With the radiation levels skyrocketting in the village, all she could do was raise her barrier spells and try to signal for help.

White flares rocket up through the trees from her yard, bursting into wing-shaped symbols well above the treeline.

//Didn't the town have all kinds of safeguards against this kind of thing that would automatically revert such damage? Or has that system finally faulted out. Either way, we've got a damsel in distress at the corner of Oakwood and Maple requesting assistance.

//Once all this plays out, the RP will cycle through a day and sunrise will see the status quo restored. Because I thought we had limits on how insane this would get, and destroying everyone and everything was not okay.
*he stumbels into the barrier, covered in ashes*
I have a plan!

//A bit late though. Please find and kill the cat that keeps spreading this, though Umbra did just use an ability that should have cured the source too.

//Oh and Danu is on her lawn with her wings out, visible for all to see. I would imagine your characters would notice and react to it, being angellic themselves

(08-27-2015, 07:19 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: ((Oh god did the rp get walled? I got this!))
Nesumi, something is going to happen.
What? What do you mean?
--The sky grows dark with cloud cover as the wind speed accelerates to an alarming amount--
IT IS GOOD TO HAVE FOUND YOU AGAIN, NESUMI. I HAD A FEELING I'D FIND YOU IF I FOLLOWED THE HOLE IN THE UNIVERSE.
Ohhh fuuuuuuck...

WHO THE FUCK IS THAT!?
Your Floormaster causes me too much trouble, so I'll just unbind him and take YOU.
--The living shadow's pure-white eyes narrow as darkness envelops Nesumi.
"MARX, TAKE THIS!"
--Nesumi tossed Marx an odd triangular slab of gold with a necklace chain on it, just small enough to fit in the palm of one's hand. And with that, the avali disappears, while the wind and darkness follow out of sight.--

"...What the hell was that?"
"Floormaster? Did he bring one of those ugly things from Hyrule with him?..."

(08-27-2015, 07:30 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he stumbels into the barrier, covered in ashes*
I have a plan!

The barrier is long gone, the threat having been neutralized.
"Uh... What is it?"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 08-27-2015

I feel like I missed more than just the tiberium...

(08-27-2015, 07:36 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I think I did tell you that before. I wasn't kidding though when I said having my wings force out like that hurts almost as much as childbirth, but you probably didn't know I had been a mother before as well. The other four won't hurt as much as the first two, but I probably don't have enough power left to call them all at once- indeed calling more than four at a time risks seriously damaging my body. They can only be used while in a non-physical form."

"I see... Kind of..."

(08-27-2015, 07:38 PM)Surge Wrote: I feel like I missed more than just the tiberium...

"Yeah, I'm pretty lost, too."

(08-27-2015, 07:36 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Floormaster? Did he bring one of those ugly things from Hyrule with him?..."

((Ahaha. No. It'll be explained later. I hope.))
--the pendant vibrates in pulses, creating a buzzing sound on the floor, as if wanting someone to pick it up.--