Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 10:03 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: YOU HEAR A LOUD BUZZING FROM A HOUSE NEARBY. THERE SEEMS TO BE NO END TO THE REPETITIVE PULSES.

"Argh! What is that... Ugh..." Umbra walks over to the source of the noise.
Superego stays where he is. "I should probably get rid of the contaminated crystal, now, shouldn't I?" He raises an arm and the void-black crystal rises back up. He then raises and lowers the other arm to spike the white one in, dissolving the contamination and turning it back in to stone or dirt, depending on what it once was. "There. That should do it."
This would also cure Alpaca's character of its Tiberium contamination.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 10:21 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 10:03 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: YOU HEAR A LOUD BUZZING FROM A HOUSE NEARBY. THERE SEEMS TO BE NO END TO THE REPETITIVE PULSES.

"Argh! What is that... Ugh..." Umbra walks over to the source of the noise.
Superego stays where he is. "I should probably get rid of the contaminated crystal, now, shouldn't I?" He raises an arm and the void-black crystal rises back up. He then raises and lowers the other arm to spike the white one in, dissolving the contamination and turning it back in to stone or dirt, depending on what it once was. "There. That should do it."
This would also cure Alpaca's character of its Tiberium contamination.
// your magic makes everything too simple doesn't it

(08-27-2015, 10:40 PM)Marxon Wrote: // your magic makes everything too simple doesn't it

// Well, excuuuuuse me, princess. Not everybody likes to stick with complicated scientific solutions that take a while to enact when a problem needs to be dealt with as soon as possible so people don't die.

(08-27-2015, 10:54 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 10:40 PM)Marxon Wrote: // your magic makes everything too simple doesn't it

// Well, excuuuuuse me, princess. Not everybody likes to stick with complicated scientific solutions that take a while to enact when a problem needs to be dealt with as soon as possible so people don't die.
// people die, it happens...

// this is why I dislike magic, it offers too many lazy solutions

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 10:55 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 10:54 PM)Umbra Wrote: // Well, excuuuuuse me, princess. Not everybody likes to stick with complicated scientific solutions that take a while to enact when a problem needs to be dealt with as soon as possible so people don't die.
// people die, it happens...

((Not everyone supports the idea of having everyone be killed off because someone decided to bring in a highly lethal, contagious substance. Especially when it's smack-dab in the middle of everything so everyone WOULD be killed or infected by it.))

(08-27-2015, 10:55 PM)Marxon Wrote: // people die, it happens...

(08-27-2015, 10:59 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Not everyone supports the idea of having everyone be killed off because someone decided to bring in a highly lethal, contagious substance. Especially when it's smack-dab in the middle of everything so everyone WOULD be killed or infected by it.))

// Not to mention that very few people actually have multiple characters or separate characters.

(08-27-2015, 10:59 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 10:55 PM)Marxon Wrote: // people die, it happens...

((Not everyone supports the idea of having everyone be killed off because someone decided to bring in a highly lethal, contagious substance. Especially when it's smack-dab in the middle of everything so everyone WOULD be killed or infected by it.))
// not my fault someone decided to bring it from far away into THE CENTER OF TOWN!

(08-27-2015, 11:01 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 10:59 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Not everyone supports the idea of having everyone be killed off because someone decided to bring in a highly lethal, contagious substance. Especially when it's smack-dab in the middle of everything so everyone WOULD be killed or infected by it.))
// not my fault someone decided to bring it from far away into THE CENTER OF TOWN!

((That's why Umbra got rid of the thing in the TOWN CENTER. It's still out there, the growth is slowed so it won't take over everything, but it's still there.))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 08-27-2015

//Magic is a thing, though we do need to be careful with it so that it doest get overused its not going away. And in this case Umbra has been methodically protecting the town and everyone in it as much as possible, he's using it to clean up a very serious mess that is itself overpowered magic. Alpaca needs to behave- I wasn't too happy earlier to check in on people and discover my character probably should have died of radiation poisoning while I was busy because someone decided to infect the town with this tiberium garbage.

Danu walks towards Wurg's house as well, knowing that Feziel would need to be revived right away.

(08-27-2015, 11:03 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 11:01 PM)Marxon Wrote: // not my fault someone decided to bring it from far away into THE CENTER OF TOWN!

((That's why Umbra got rid of the thing in the TOWN CENTER. It's still out there, the growth is slowed so it won't take over everything, but it's still there.))
// i honestly did not expect anyone would be freaking stupid enough to touch the stuff, guess Einstein was right, stupidity is infinite

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 11:06 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 11:03 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((That's why Umbra got rid of the thing in the TOWN CENTER. It's still out there, the growth is slowed so it won't take over everything, but it's still there.))
// i honestly did not expect anyone would be freaking stupid enough to touch the stuff, guess Einstein was right, stupidity is infinite
//well from the alpaca guy's point of view.
// i read his posts.
//apparently he is made more powerful by tiberuim and it isn't something new to him,.

(08-27-2015, 11:05 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Magic is a thing, though we do need to be careful with it so that it doest get overused its not going away. And in this case Umbra has been methodically protecting the town and everyone in it as much as possible, he's using it to clean up a very serious mess that is itself overpowered magic. Alpaca needs to behave- I wasn't too happy earlier to check in on people and discover my character probably should have died of radiation poisoning while I was busy because someone decided to infect the town with this tiberium garbage.

Danu walks towards Wurg's house as well, knowing that Feziel would need to be revived right away.

The house's front wall was as smooth and featureless as ever. A few moments passed, and the wall began to ripple. A female Umbreon stuck her head out, her rings glowing a bright orange color.
"Huh? What's going on?"
Her voice sounded exactly like Wurg's...though obviously the appearance didn't match.

(08-27-2015, 11:05 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //Magic is a thing, though we do need to be careful with it so that it doest get overused its not going away. And in this case Umbra has been methodically protecting the town and everyone in it as much as possible, he's using it to clean up a very serious mess that is itself overpowered magic. Alpaca needs to behave- I wasn't too happy earlier to check in on people and discover my character probably should have died of radiation poisoning while I was busy because someone decided to infect the town with this tiberium garbage.

// While the magic I'm using to protect the town might seem pretty powerful, the Enigmas and Umbra aren't gods of combat or anything. Most of the magic Superego uses is completely passive and not oriented toward destruction or anything- mainly stuff to protect others and the landscape.
// It's kind of like tending a garden. Kind of.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 08-27-2015

*the crack on the shard increases in size slightly*
I think we should hurry, danu.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - TheSpiderDungeon - 08-27-2015

THE PENDANT BUZZES AGAIN, AND AGAIN, CEASELESSLY BUZZING OVER AND OVER, AS IF TO ANNOY SOMEONE. PERHAPS WEARING IT WILL STIFLE THE INCESSANT AMULET?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 08-27-2015

*walks over* what is that incessant noise?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 11:16 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: THE PENDANT BUZZES AGAIN, AND AGAIN, CEASELESSLY BUZZING OVER AND OVER, AS IF TO ANNOY SOMEONE. PERHAPS WEARING IT WILL STIFLE THE INCESSANT AMULET?

*Austin has already walked over to the pendant*ugh is this thing electronic or something *he reaches to pick it up*

(08-27-2015, 11:16 PM)TheSpiderDungeon Wrote: THE PENDANT BUZZES AGAIN, AND AGAIN, CEASELESSLY BUZZING OVER AND OVER, AS IF TO ANNOY SOMEONE. PERHAPS WEARING IT WILL STIFLE THE INCESSANT AMULET?

"Ugh, this sound is just... Rrgh. I think it's coming from Marx's house..."
"Well, I don't think I'm needed for anything else... I'll take my leave."
The being and two crystals demanifest, and Umbra falls over. He weakly pushes himself back up.
"Ow... Could someone hand me that large bottle of blue stuff?..." He points to, well, a large bottle of blue stuff near Danu.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 08-27-2015

(08-27-2015, 11:13 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:

The house's front wall was as smooth and featureless as ever. A few moments passed, and the wall began to ripple. A female Umbreon stuck her head out, her rings glowing a bright orange color.
"Huh? What's going on?"
Her voice sounded exactly like Wurg's...though obviously the appearance didn't match.

"Um, Wurg still lives here right?"

Danu looked the same as normal too, plump and attractive, but had two big wings on her back of translucent mist, the patterns resembling feathers of fire.

(08-27-2015, 11:14 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the crack on the shard increases in size slightly*
I think we should hurry, danu.

"Its going to take time regardless, but if we can get him activated it should delay the shattering."

(08-27-2015, 11:20 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"Ugh, this sound is just... Rrgh. I think it's coming from Marx's house..."
"Well, I don't think I'm needed for anything else... I'll take my leave."
The being and two crystals demanifest, and Umbra falls over. He weakly pushes himself back up.
"Ow... Could someone hand me that large bottle of blue stuff?..." He points to, well, a large bottle of blue stuff near Danu.

Danu reaches over and gets it for him.

(08-27-2015, 11:09 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(08-27-2015, 11:06 PM)Marxon Wrote: // i honestly did not expect anyone would be freaking stupid enough to touch the stuff, guess Einstein was right, stupidity is infinite
//well from the alpaca guy's point of view.
// i read his posts.
//apparently he is made more powerful by tiberuim and it isn't something new to him,.
// its called mutagenic synthesis, sometimes tiberium can bond with the host, it stops spreading, and acts like nuclear fuel for the body, meaning the radiation from large tiberium concentrations HEAL the subject.

// tiberium is still a bit brittle, not useful for bladed weapons, but shard cannons are incredibly lethal.