Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 11:46 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:41 PM)Marxon Wrote: // cheeeeeap!

// i vote that the magic undo button is not a thing, that's WAY too far
//they're just windows, it's not like the windows being broken is going to really effect anything, and i'm sure all of us could order or make new windows
// but this could just handwave away anything, this is why I hate magic in rp, it's always taken to the extreme

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 11:48 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:46 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //they're just windows, it's not like the windows being broken is going to really effect anything, and i'm sure all of us could order or make new windows
// but this could just handwave away anything, this is why I hate magic in rp, it's always taken to the extreme

//not magic, some weird machine that happens to be in the planet.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-02-2015

(09-02-2015, 11:41 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:41 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Well, I'm gonna test out the world regenerator thing..." Umbra pulls out a remote and presses a button- the windows that were broken slowly fix themselves.
"Yeah, looks like it works!"
// cheeeeeap!

// so you'd rather the place be a dump, since that's what it would be if Umbra didn't work his tails off to keep the place tidy with people constantly destroying the landscape.
// how about we make it so magic never existed? Because then, the place would go back to being an impenetrable white void that's absolutely boring and featureless, but easily manageable.
// I'm only reimplementing something that existed before so our world wasn't an insane Minecraft server where there's no protection with craters and dirt towers everywhere.

(09-02-2015, 11:49 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:48 PM)Marxon Wrote: // but this could just handwave away anything, this is why I hate magic in rp, it's always taken to the extreme

//not magic, some weird machine that happens to be in the planet.
// MAGIC MACHINE

(09-02-2015, 11:49 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:41 PM)Marxon Wrote: // cheeeeeap!

// so you'd rather the place be a dump, since that's what it would be if Umbra didn't work his tails off to keep the place tidy with people constantly destroying the landscape.
// how about we make it so magic never existed? Because then, the place would go back to being an impenetrable white void that's absolutely boring and featureless, but easily manageable.
// I'm only reimplementing something that existed before so our world wasn't an insane Minecraft server where there's no protection with craters and dirt towers everywhere.

// don't use that as an excuse, how about hard work and cooperation?

(09-02-2015, 11:49 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:49 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //not magic, some weird machine that happens to be in the planet.
// MAGIC MACHINE
//it's not magic, it's based off of some sort of advanced science, probably exist from some other dimensional visitors who have extremely advanced tech, not magic, just super race remains.

(09-02-2015, 11:53 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:49 PM)Marxon Wrote: // MAGIC MACHINE
//it's not magic, it's based off of some sort of advanced science, probably exist from some other dimensional visitors who have extremely advanced tech, not magic, just super race remains.
// still very handwavey and oversimplified

(09-02-2015, 11:49 PM)Marxon Wrote: // don't use that as an excuse, how about hard work and cooperation?

// there's already hard work, and nobody's going to follow through with cooperation.
// honestly, I don't see why you're bitching about a mechanic that regenerates landscape and broken things, which really doesn't impact the RP all that much.

(09-02-2015, 11:54 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:49 PM)Marxon Wrote: // don't use that as an excuse, how about hard work and cooperation?

// there's already hard work, and nobody's going to follow through with cooperation.
// honestly, I don't see why you're bitching about a mechanic that regenerates landscape and broken things, which really doesn't impact the RP all that much.
// it affects it a lot, don't make excuses for having an undo button for anything YOU don't like

(09-02-2015, 11:54 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:53 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //it's not magic, it's based off of some sort of advanced science, probably exist from some other dimensional visitors who have extremely advanced tech, not magic, just super race remains.
// still very handwavey and oversimplified

//it's just windows man, just windows,it's not important.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 09-02-2015

((Don't use the fact it's magic as a reason it shouldn't happen. If it was done with technology, you wouldn't say anything because you never, ever do. Magic exists. It's used to fix things that would otherwise completely destroy everything. It's not even instantaneous in the slightest! It repairs things slowly, like it would be if people worked.
I don't know about you, but I don't want to spend multiple days RPing out repairing the village just for it to get destroyed again a short while after. No one does.))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-02-2015

*he steps out of daun's house, and begins to franticly move towards the mountains, constantly looking over his shoulder*
Stay calm, it won't find you.

(09-02-2015, 11:55 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:54 PM)Umbra Wrote: // there's already hard work, and nobody's going to follow through with cooperation.
// it affects it a lot, don't make excuses for having an undo button for anything YOU don't like
//having the world destroyed is too much for a casual rp.

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-02-2015

// well marx is basically dead, I have no reason to stay anyways.

(09-02-2015, 11:58 PM)Marxon Wrote: // well marx is basically dead, I have no reason to stay anyways.

//but Austin went searching for him, at least let him find marxon's body.

(09-02-2015, 11:55 PM)Marxon Wrote: // it affects it a lot, don't make excuses for having an undo button for anything YOU don't like

// do you like ruined houses, burned forests, deadly things like radioactive crystals, and a generally fucked up landscape? I don't, and I'm fairly sure nobody else does.
// and, again, this "undo button" has existed in the past and everyone was fine with it.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-03-2015

(09-02-2015, 11:59 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:55 PM)Marxon Wrote: // it affects it a lot, don't make excuses for having an undo button for anything YOU don't like

// do you like ruined houses, burned forests, deadly things like radioactive crystals, and a generally fucked up landscape? I don't, and I'm fairly sure nobody else does.
// and, again, this "undo button" has existed in the past and everyone was fine with it.

//ehh i think the radioactive crystals was kinda fine, well if marxon had made a turret on the other side of the chasm, which you know makes a lot of sense and
Marxon didn't.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-03-2015

(09-02-2015, 11:56 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Don't use the fact it's magic as a reason it shouldn't happen. If it was done with technology, you wouldn't say anything because you never, ever do. Magic exists. It's used to fix things that would otherwise completely destroy everything. It's not even instantaneous in the slightest! It repairs things slowly, like it would be if people worked.
I don't know about you, but I don't want to spend multiple days RPing out repairing the village just for it to get destroyed again a short while after. No one does.))

// thank you, Ehks.

(09-02-2015, 11:56 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he steps out of daun's house, and begins to franticly move towards the mountains, constantly looking over his shoulder*
Stay calm, it won't find you.

"Uh... Are you okay?"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-03-2015

(09-02-2015, 11:59 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:58 PM)Marxon Wrote: // well marx is basically dead, I have no reason to stay anyways.

//but Austin went searching for him, at least let him find marxon's body.
*you start finding dropped clips*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 12:02 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-02-2015, 11:59 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //but Austin went searching for him, at least let him find marxon's body.
*you start finding dropped clips*

whooooo i'm on the right track *Austin follows the trail*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 12:04 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 12:02 AM)Marxon Wrote: *you start finding dropped clips*

whooooo i'm on the right track *Austin follows the trail*
*you find a horrid scene, lots of blood everywhere, but no marx, but footprints headed back to town*