Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 12:56 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 12:53 AM)Marxon Wrote: *stands there, not breathing, body unnaturally warm, something is up*
marxon you okay, i mean in a pretty much dead and probably zombified way.
*just stares, you see theres a hole in his chest*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 01:00 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 12:56 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: marxon you okay, i mean in a pretty much dead and probably zombified way.
*just stares, you see theres a hole in his chest*

uhh you're not gonna eat me right *he unsheathes the sword he had strapped to his back* so uh you okay?

(09-03-2015, 01:02 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 01:00 AM)Marxon Wrote: *just stares, you see theres a hole in his chest*

uhh you're not gonna eat me right *he unsheathes the sword he had strapped to his back* so uh you okay?
*opens his mouth, and a raspy huff comes out*

(09-03-2015, 01:03 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 01:02 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: uhh you're not gonna eat me right *he unsheathes the sword he had strapped to his back* so uh you okay?
*opens his mouth, and a raspy huff comes out*
errrrrrr
*he backs up quite a bit while readying his sword for a strike*

(09-03-2015, 01:05 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 01:03 AM)Marxon Wrote: *opens his mouth, and a raspy huff comes out*
errrrrrr
*stumbles towards him*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 01:06 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: -HORY SHET LOTSA TEXT-

"Weird..." He puts the papers down.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 12:46 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 12:43 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *in his panicked rush, he dropped a few pages of important looking text*

"Hm?" Umbra walks over to the pages and reads what's written.

The legendary Warminds stood watch over our Golden Age colonies: vigilant intelligences stretched across thousands of warsats and hardened installations. When the Collapse struck, the great Warminds fought and died. Rasputin fell with them.

Or so history believed. But centuries of explorers’ tales spoke of a surviving, elusive Warmind –a myth substantiated when Scavengers exploring the old Cosmodrome made positive contact with Rasputin. A single Warmind still lives, diminished but unbroken.
Threatened by a convergence of Fallen and Hive forces, Rasputin exploited the reactivation of the Cosmodrome’s Terrestrial-space array to extend itself across the inner solar system. The high council hoped that Rasputin might make a powerful ally, capable of mapping and reviving Golden Age military assets and recruiting them for the City’s defense. But Rasputin has proven recalcitrant and high-handed, unresponsive to the City’s outreach.
We cannot characterize Rasputin’s strategic objectives and capabilities, cannot define its physical or computational architecture, cannot ascertain its disposition with regard to the City, and cannot be sure it retains memory of events before the Collapse. Perhaps what remains is only an autonomic shell, defending itself by reflex. Or perhaps Rasputin’s objectives have changed, transformed by some vital information it obtained during those dark days.
Rasputin’s survival opens the possibility that other Warminds may be revivable, opening weapons systems to aid in City defenses. The High council and the Consensus hope that continued outreach towards Rasputin will develop into a strategic alliance.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 09-03-2015

//What Umbra is working on is a system that preserves the status quo. Though its not used in a serious RP, this RP is sufficiently casual that a simple return to status quo function is necessary for dealing with griefers and catastrophic events.

//Basically, your characters will grow and change over time, as will the scenery. But in the event the town suddenly becomes dangerously radioactive or damaged worse than a summer hailstorm's doing, a means of restoring normality quickly is already defined and can be used as needed.

//I'm sure people here know of Family Guy. Every episode starts with a little melody and shows the characters living an ordinary life. That's status quo, and it establishes the setting quickly and repeatably. To make this RP stay relatively sane given the tendancy of some of the people in it to destroy all the things we have to treat each new situation as starting from status quo and building from there.

Danu seems concerned and wanders the village, looking for clues.

(09-03-2015, 01:09 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 01:05 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: errrrrrr
*stumbles towards him*

uhhh marxon uhhh maybe you, nope. *runs away into his house forgetting to lock the door*

(09-03-2015, 01:10 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //What Umbra is working on is a system that preserves the status quo. Though its not used in a serious RP, this RP is sufficiently casual that a simple return to status quo function is necessary for dealing with griefers and catastrophic events.

//Basically, your characters will grow and change over time, as will the scenery. But in the event the town suddenly becomes dangerously radioactive or damaged worse than a summer hailstorm's doing, a means of restoring normality quickly is already defined and can be used as needed.

//I'm sure people here know of Family Guy. Every episode starts with a little melody and shows the characters living an ordinary life. That's status quo, and it establishes the setting quickly and repeatably. To make this RP stay relatively sane given the tendancy of some of the people in it to destroy all the things we have to treat each new situation as starting from status quo and building from there.

*you see marx at your doorstep, but something is very wrong about him*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 01:10 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: //What Umbra is working on is a system that preserves the status quo. Though its not used in a serious RP, this RP is sufficiently casual that a simple return to status quo function is necessary for dealing with griefers and catastrophic events.

*he runs by, papers flying off his clipboard*

*Austin locks his doors and windows and goes to sleep*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 01:14 AM)Marxon Wrote:

*you see marx at your doorstep, but something is very wrong about him*
*Kitten shoots up and finds himself in one of the rooms prepped with C4 in Marx's house.*
"Huh, odd"
*He pushes the bot out the way and walks out seeing Marx bumping into Danu's door, heavily injured.*
"You okay?"

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-03-2015

*opens his mouth and an unknown voice says*

Protocol omega active...

(09-03-2015, 01:10 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu seems concerned and wanders the village, looking for clues.

Umbra doesn't hesitate to wave her down.
"Hey, Danu! How're-"

(09-03-2015, 01:14 AM)Marxon Wrote: *you see marx at your doorstep, but something is very wrong about him*

"Ohhhhh god."

(09-03-2015, 02:55 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: *Kitten shoots up and finds himself in one of the rooms prepped with C4 in Marx's house.*
"Huh, odd"
*He pushes the bot out the way and walks out seeing Marx bumping into Danu's door, heavily injured.*
"You okay?"

"...You know, something seems... different about you..."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 09-03-2015

"Its the apocalypse alright. I've been a part of it so many times now people are starting to think I'm the grim reaper."

Danu looks Marxon over, debating if she should try healing him or not.

Going for it, she forms her spell and bathes him in holy light.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-03-2015

(09-03-2015, 03:17 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-03-2015, 01:10 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu seems concerned and wanders the village, looking for clues.

Umbra doesn't hesitate to wave her down.
"Hey, Danu! How're-"

(09-03-2015, 01:14 AM)Marxon Wrote: *you see marx at your doorstep, but something is very wrong about him*

"Ohhhhh god."

(09-03-2015, 02:55 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: *Kitten shoots up and finds himself in one of the rooms prepped with C4 in Marx's house.*
"Huh, odd"
"You okay?"

"...You know, something seems... different about you..."
"Me? Oh, yes, hmm, the human was getting tiring, I decided to do everything myself."
*Kitten says as he makes his way over towards Marxon.*

(09-03-2015, 03:26 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Its the apocalypse alright. I've been a part of it so many times now people are starting to think I'm the grim reaper."

*he doesn't properly heal, and something about him is incredibly, empty, he moves like a zombie, doesn't respond to people, and had a huge hole in his chest, but wasn't bleeding... his chest still doesn't move and body temperature is the same as ambient*

(09-03-2015, 03:15 AM)Marxon Wrote: *opens his mouth and an unknown voice says*

Protocol omega active...
"Fuuuuuuck....I thought that was limited to human AI."
*Kitten walks backwards.*
"Backup needed. BRB."

(09-03-2015, 03:26 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Its the apocalypse alright. I've been a part of it so many times now people are starting to think I'm the grim reaper."

"Apocalypse?... Nah, this isn't it. As far as I know, at least. I've seen two post-apocalyptic worlds and this doesn't look like it's turning into either one."

(09-03-2015, 03:26 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "Me? Oh, yes, hmm, the human was getting tiring, I decided to do everything myself."
*Kitten says as he makes his way over towards Marxon.*

"...What?"

(09-03-2015, 03:15 AM)Marxon Wrote: *opens his mouth and an unknown voice says*

Protocol omega active...

(09-03-2015, 03:28 AM)Marxon Wrote: *he doesn't properly heal, and something about him is incredibly, empty, he moves like a zombie, doesn't respond to people, and had a huge hole in his chest, but wasn't bleeding... his chest still doesn't move and body temperature is the same as ambient*

Umbra slowly reaches into his bag...
"I really hope I don't need to use this new invention..."