Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 05:31 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 05:16 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Isolate it from energy sources and let it dissapate all by itself. It should degrade and shatter fairly quickly, since it is already so badly corrupted. If that doesn't work, there's ways of draining a malformed crystal to ensure that it disintegrates."

//It can't have gotten into Wurg's house, but a drone could have taken it somewhere.

"We'd better catch that drone though just to make sure we know the whereabouts of our friend's final resting place."

Danu takes off after it, on foot since she was too tired to fly.

"Right. Guess that means I should stay away from it after we get that drone. You're not the only one with stamina-tied magic running through their body... Now, how are we going to get if down? I could make a hook and chain, try shooting if down, maybe freeze it..."

"Shooting it down should work. If the fall doesn't break the crystal, we can safely handle it using tongs to keep it away from our bodies so it can't absorb energy. Ultimately we need to get it to turn to dust, which can be placed in a memorial urn or scattered in my garden in his memory."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 05:49 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Shooting it down should work. If the fall doesn't break the crystal, we can safely handle it using tongs to keep it away from our bodies so it can't absorb energy. Ultimately we need to get it to turn to dust, which can be placed in a memorial urn or scattered in my garden in his memory."

"Sounds like a plan. Just let me grab my modified Ether rifle..." Umbra impossibly pulls a boxy, Gun metal gray rifle out of his bag, opens a hatch, and replaces a yellow-striped capsule with a cyan-striped one. He then closes the hatch and flips a switch, causing the weapon to hum to life. "I'll have to get further ahead if I'm going to get a clear shot..."

// I'm gonna head to bed soon... I'll try and wrap this up.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 05:49 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 05:31 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Right. Guess that means I should stay away from it after we get that drone. You're not the only one with stamina-tied magic running through their body... Now, how are we going to get if down? I could make a hook and chain, try shooting if down, maybe freeze it..."

"Shooting it down should work. If the fall doesn't break the crystal, we can safely handle it using tongs to keep it away from our bodies so it can't absorb energy. Ultimately we need to get it to turn to dust, which can be placed in a memorial urn or scattered in my garden in his memory."
*long gone, probably not still in the atmosphere*

// you didn't forget about the ship in orbit DESIGNED to bring life, right?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 09-05-2015

(this is why I've been avoiding the RP thread for a few weeks, shaking up the status quo can be fun, a few snowflakes are tolerable, but we've had a fucking earthquake in a blizzard lately...)

(09-05-2015, 05:55 AM)Marxon Wrote: *long gone, probably not still in the atmosphere*

"...Well. That makes it harder."
// what ship? Am I missing something?

(09-05-2015, 05:59 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 05:55 AM)Marxon Wrote: *long gone, probably not still in the atmosphere*

"...Well. That makes it harder."
// what ship? Am I missing something?
// not going to say shit right now

(09-05-2015, 05:55 AM)Marxon Wrote: // you didn't forget about the ship in orbit DESIGNED to bring life, right?

//You didn't forget that there are rules in this RP, you are openly declaring intention to break those rules, and I have sufficient clearance to remove you from the site for breaking the rules if provoked to do so correct?

//Just leave the subject alone for the night, people will be awake tomorrow to talk this over and decide if you'll be allowed to revive or not.

Danu looks around for the drone, but it seems to have gotten away from her.

"I don't think we're going to find it like this. Its too fast for us. Now maybe if my ambrosia will unlock I can recharge myself enough to fly after it, but I'm not counting on that happening.

//Marxon, right now Umbra and Danu are at least trying to give your character a proper gravesite in the event that he is not granted an exception. But your continuing efforts to force his revival is going to deny him of that too.

(09-05-2015, 06:00 AM)Marxon Wrote: // not going to say shit right now

// ...I'm only asking a question...

(09-05-2015, 06:02 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 06:00 AM)Marxon Wrote: // not going to say shit right now

// ...I'm only asking a question...
// I'm going before I dig my hole any deeper...

(09-05-2015, 06:02 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu looks around for the drone, but it seems to have gotten away from her.

"I don't think we're going to find it like this. Its too fast for us. Now maybe if my ambrosia will unlock I can recharge myself enough to fly after it, but I'm not counting on that happening.

"I can't hit what I can't see, either... Maybe try tomorrow? I'm really tired, anyway... Definitely not the nocturnal creature I used to be."

"Yeah, I'm gonna head to bed now... Hope to see you tomorrow, Danu." He stows away the rifle and makes his way back inside.

(09-05-2015, 06:05 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 06:02 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu looks around for the drone, but it seems to have gotten away from her.

"I can't hit what I can't see, either... Maybe try tomorrow? I'm really tired, anyway... Definitely not the nocturnal creature I used to be."

"Yeah, I'm gonna head to bed now... Hope to see you tomorrow, Danu." He stows away the rifle and makes his way back inside.

Danu stands in the town square staring at the sky, hoping she would at least be able to find where the crystal was taken in order to put a proper memorial on the site. Though it was partly her fault for stopping his mindless rampage the way she did, having his crystal be brought to her in an already damaged state meant that he was beyond the system's reach, where death was the only path he had left.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 06:24 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 06:05 AM)Umbra Wrote: "I can't hit what I can't see, either... Maybe try tomorrow? I'm really tired, anyway... Definitely not the nocturnal creature I used to be."

Danu stands in the town square staring at the sky, hoping she would at least be able to find where the crystal was taken in order to put a proper memorial on the site. Though it was partly her fault for stopping his mindless rampage the way she did, having his crystal be brought to her in an already damaged state meant that he was beyond the system's reach, where death was the only path he had left.
*a figure draped in a cloak, stands behind you*

Sorry for your loss.
2 shard failures so recently must be mental exhausting.

(09-05-2015, 10:50 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 06:24 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu stands in the town square staring at the sky, hoping she would at least be able to find where the crystal was taken in order to put a proper memorial on the site. Though it was partly her fault for stopping his mindless rampage the way she did, having his crystal be brought to her in an already damaged state meant that he was beyond the system's reach, where death was the only path he had left.
*a figure draped in a cloak, stands behind you*

Sorry for your loss.

"Death is a terrible thing. But life has so much meaning because it is so precious. I've lived too long, my life has no meaning anymore, because I did not die when I should have. Fate had other plans for me, and has kept me going long after my entire species has been wiped from the cosmic record."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-05-2015

*Kitten has no idea what's wrong with people as he is an emotionless AI.*
"I've got some suppressant in my bag."
*He indicates a bulging satchel strapped to his thigh.*

(09-05-2015, 11:52 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 10:50 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a figure draped in a cloak, stands behind you*

Sorry for your loss.

"Death is a terrible thing. But life has so much meaning because it is so precious. I've lived too long, my life has no meaning anymore, because I did not die when I should have. Fate had other plans for me, and has kept me going long after my entire species has been wiped from the cosmic record."
"Hang on..."
"What species was this just so I could ask. And did a certain biological weapon eradicate it accidently due to a colony ship colliding with some debris causing it to change course and crash into the surface letting loose a series of deadly and virulent biological weapons that ignited a chain of events leading to an orbital bombardment?"

"There's no reason for me be asking this, ha, ha...No not at all... Ha...."
*Kitten laughs nervously for another 2 minutes.*

(09-05-2015, 11:52 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 10:50 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a figure draped in a cloak, stands behind you*

Sorry for your loss.

I know what's it's like.
My friends were killed off and I was banished to hell.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 01:06 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 11:52 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Death is a terrible thing. But life has so much meaning because it is so precious. I've lived too long, my life has no meaning anymore, because I did not die when I should have. Fate had other plans for me, and has kept me going long after my entire species has been wiped from the cosmic record."
I know what's it's like.
My friends were killed off and I was banished to hell.
*Kitten stops nervously laughing and starts backing away quietly.*
"Yeah, this is kinda disturbing my host so... uh."
*He hides under the nearest thing to hide under.*
"Goddamn it, Bob, why were you assigned to me?"

*he dusts off a metal hatch and carefully Opens it*
Any important zeta?

this is rasputins domain, except it seems to be dormant.

(09-05-2015, 01:39 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he dusts off a metal hatch and carefully Opens it*
Any important zeta?

this is rasputins domain, except it seems to be dormant.

*A humanoid and an Avali-based exo-suit appear behind him. Emitting a low frequency buzzing, their damaged state, slow movement, the buzzing noise and the fact they seem to have what looks like blood here and there on their bodies makes them incredibly disturbing.*
"Rasputin, designation, unknown, collecting data on Rasputin. Contribute to our search."
*They both speak calmly with soft female voices.*

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-05-2015

// ummmm?

(09-05-2015, 01:50 PM)Marxon Wrote: // ummmm?

//I don't know either but I'm going along with it.