Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 07:56 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 07:52 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: what the heck is with this planet always getting hit by ships and space debris.
*he slowly walks in the direction of the debris*
*a minute later a white shuttle briefly lands in the center of town and dumps what looks like a failed clone, it has shriveled up legs, foggy right eye, deformed right arm, has an extremely thin and frail form and is screaming in agony as it crawls across the ground, the most horrifying part is, it looks kinda like Marx*
oh, ****, uhhh hiiiiiiiii there ...... *runs into his house and comes out with a foot long sub* *puts it in front of the clone thing*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 07:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 07:50 PM)Marxon Wrote: // I already decided that he would come back, incomplete.
// rolling for extent of damage, 20 is almost pristine, 1 is bag of flesh, please hold.

// 10, so... half an avali?

((The DNA would be perfectly fine and the process would work. The result just wouldn't be the same person. Some memories might be shared, the name maybe, but physically and mentally very different but still capable of living. At least if Wurg's lab was used.))
// a radically different system was used, making the opposite true, his mind was preserved, but his body lies in ruin

(09-05-2015, 07:59 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 07:56 PM)Marxon Wrote: *a minute later a white shuttle briefly lands in the center of town and dumps what looks like a failed clone, it has shriveled up legs, foggy right eye, deformed right arm, has an extremely thin and frail form and is screaming in agony as it crawls across the ground, the most horrifying part is, it looks kinda like Marx*
oh, ****, uhhh hiiiiiiiii there ...... *runs into his house and comes out with a foot long sub* *puts it in front of the clone thing*
*crawls right over it towards marx's bunker, whining and occasionally screaming in pain, in the state it's in it maybe has less than an hour to live*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 07:59 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 07:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((The DNA would be perfectly fine and the process would work. The result just wouldn't be the same person. Some memories might be shared, the name maybe, but physically and mentally very different but still capable of living. At least if Wurg's lab was used.))
// a radically different system was used, making the opposite true, his mind was preserved, but his body lies in ruin

(09-05-2015, 07:59 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: oh, ****, uhhh hiiiiiiiii there ...... *runs into his house and comes out with a foot long sub* *puts it in front of the clone thing*
*crawls right over it towards marx's bunker, whining and occasionally screaming in pain, in the state it's in it maybe has less than an hour to live*

((He wouldn't be able to come back if a different system was used. The memories were lost anyways. No matter what, his memories are pretty much all gone.))

(09-05-2015, 07:59 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 07:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((The DNA would be perfectly fine and the process would work. The result just wouldn't be the same person. Some memories might be shared, the name maybe, but physically and mentally very different but still capable of living. At least if Wurg's lab was used.))

(09-05-2015, 07:59 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: oh, ****, uhhh hiiiiiiiii there ...... *runs into his house and comes out with a foot long sub* *puts it in front of the clone thing*
*picks up the sandwich and follows the horrifying clone* ....... you want the sandwich?

(09-05-2015, 08:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 07:59 PM)Marxon Wrote: // a radically different system was used, making the opposite true, his mind was preserved, but his body lies in ruin

((He wouldn't be able to come back if a different system was used. The memories were lost anyways. No matter what, his memories are pretty much all gone.))
// why does that have to be the case? That's honestly going to be difficult to work with.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 08:03 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 08:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((He wouldn't be able to come back if a different system was used. The memories were lost anyways. No matter what, his memories are pretty much all gone.))
// why does that have to be the case? That's honestly going to be difficult to work with.
(because those are the rules)

(09-05-2015, 08:04 PM)Surge Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 08:03 PM)Marxon Wrote: // why does that have to be the case? That's honestly going to be difficult to work with.
(because those are the rules)
// but he wasn't revived using Wurg's machine

(09-05-2015, 08:03 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 08:02 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((He wouldn't be able to come back if a different system was used. The memories were lost anyways. No matter what, his memories are pretty much all gone.))

((Because those are the rules. And I will not make even more of an exception. You dug your hole, sit in it. Dying has consequences, and this is the consequence you have to deal with.
You did not have to have the crystal blackened and cracked when it was found. Because you decided it was, you must deal with the fact that there are consequences to pretty much perma killing your character.))
(09-05-2015, 08:04 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 08:04 PM)Surge Wrote: (because those are the rules)
// but he wasn't revived using Wurg's machine

((Then he wasn't revived.))

(09-05-2015, 08:08 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 08:03 PM)Marxon Wrote: // why does that have to be the case? That's honestly going to be difficult to work with.

((Because those are the rules. And I will not make even more of an exception. You dug your hole, sit in it. Dying has consequences, and this is the consequence you have to deal with.
You did not have to have the crystal blackened and cracked when it was found. Because you decided it was, you must deal with the fact that there are consequences to pretty much perma killing your character.))
(09-05-2015, 08:04 PM)Marxon Wrote: // but he wasn't revived using Wurg's machine

// there's proper facilities in orbit.

(09-05-2015, 08:49 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 08:08 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Because those are the rules. And I will not make even more of an exception. You dug your hole, sit in it. Dying has consequences, and this is the consequence you have to deal with.

((No, there aren't. They are not equipped to revive using the crystal. The only facilities capable of that are in Wurg's lab.))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 04:17 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //This. Umbra is okay with it, so if Ehks is also okay with it then we can go ahead with it.

// I keep telling you people, I'm not actually in charge! .///.

(09-05-2015, 08:49 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 08:08 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Because those are the rules. And I will not make even more of an exception. You dug your hole, sit in it. Dying has consequences, and this is the consequence you have to deal with.

// Even then, cloning of any form doesn't restore memory unless there's some sort of backup system.

(09-05-2015, 08:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 08:49 PM)Marxon Wrote: // there's proper facilities in orbit.

((No, there aren't. They are not equipped to revive using the crystal. The only facilities capable of that are in Wurg's lab.))
// who says it couldn't be adapted to work elsewhere?

i'm just gonna go back inside *Austin puts down the sandwich because some otherworldly force is causing the clone thing to phase in and out of existence*
//the force is the out of character text.

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-05-2015

// last I checked no one person has full control over what goes on here, everything is based on consensus

(09-05-2015, 09:54 PM)Marxon Wrote: // last I checked no one person has full control over what goes on here, everything is based on consensus
//ehh i kinda like the crystal system, it gives the people a chance to get rid of a character they don't like and it gives the user an easier way of getting rid a character they don't want to have in rp anymore, while still making it relevant.

//if anybody wants to introduce a character I've got a good idea
//somebody finds a mysterious crystal which is compatible with the revival machine, it also needs little support, this could be a really good idea if somebody elaborated on it when introducing a character, i didn't say much.

*AUstin comes back outside and begins eating his sub he left* ... good whatever time it is.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 09-05-2015

(09-05-2015, 09:54 PM)Marxon Wrote: // last I checked no one person has full control over what goes on here, everything is based on consensus

//And the consensus was to establish the rules regarding the revival, then stick to them in this situation. There is no established mechanism by which Marxon's memory and personality data could have been recovered since the only system in place to do that is unusable in this situation.

//It IS possible though that the ship contained records of his DNA, which would allow a clone body to be produced- but said clone would have 0 memories and be a literal blank brain that has to be raised as a child. The only equipment able to perform a crystal revival is situated in Wurg's lab, Danu only provided the hardware for perhaps 3 functional units all of which are accounted for.

//Marxon as a character is not coming back from this as if nothing happened. And you''ve got a consensus on that between Umbra Ehks and I, who are the people who people usually default to when a decision needs to be made.

//Just please, do yourself a huge favor, and make a new character. One who is different from your usual habit, and will take a different path in the RP. It will actually help you as a person to grow, to put yourself in the shoes of somebody who isn't you and try interacting with people.

(09-05-2015, 06:07 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 06:00 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Wait a sec. Weren't you dead? I thought your crystal split in two, and promptly crumbled to dust. It hadn't even blackened, it just instantly shattered..." Danu looks a bit startled by this twist.
I was dead, it atleast that's I wanted everyone to think.

"So what you're telling me, is that you faked your own death? That's a pretty impressive lie for someone who is supposed to be honest and trustworthy, but of course there are times when such is necessary for the greater good."

Danu smiled as she looked him over, glad to see he was okay.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-06-2015

(09-05-2015, 11:40 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:

//And the consensus was to establish the rules regarding the revival, then stick to them in this situation. There is no established mechanism by which Marxon's memory and personality data could have been recovered since the only system in place to do that is unusable in this situation.

//It IS possible though that the ship contained records of his DNA, which would allow a clone body to be produced- but said clone would have 0 memories and be a literal blank brain that has to be raised as a child. The only equipment able to perform a crystal revival is situated in Wurg's lab, Danu only provided the hardware for perhaps 3 functional units all of which are accounted for.

//Marxon as a character is not coming back from this as if nothing happened. And you''ve got a consensus on that between Umbra Ehks and I, who are the people who people usually default to when a decision needs to be made.

//Just please, do yourself a huge favor, and make a new character. One who is different from your usual habit, and will take a different path in the RP. It will actually help you as a person to grow, to put yourself in the shoes of somebody who isn't you and try interacting with people.

(09-05-2015, 06:07 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: I was dead, it atleast that's I wanted everyone to think.

"So what you're telling me, is that you faked your own death? That's a pretty impressive lie for someone who is supposed to be honest and trustworthy, but of course there are times when such is necessary for the greater good."

It was a good time to rethink my life style.
*he glanced over at a squad of jet black drones, cartering debre*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-06-2015

Umbra shows up for the first time today. One can only wonder what he was doing.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 12:41 AM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra shows up for the first time today. One can only wonder what he was doing.

hello umbra how are you today?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-06-2015

(09-05-2015, 11:40 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:

(09-05-2015, 06:07 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: I was dead, it atleast that's I wanted everyone to think.

// I AM NOT THROWING YEARS OF WORK AND ART AWAY BECAUSE YOU WANT TO USE MY MISTAKES AGAINST ME!

//sure I fucked up, but we're all friends here, so please don't use it as an excuse to ruin my fun.