Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 12:48 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 11:40 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //And the consensus was to establish the rules regarding the revival, then stick to them in this situation. There is no established mechanism by which Marxon's memory and personality data could have been recovered since the only system in place to do that is unusable in this situation.

//It IS possible though that the ship contained records of his DNA, which would allow a clone body to be produced- but said clone would have 0 memories and be a literal blank brain that has to be raised as a child. The only equipment able to perform a crystal revival is situated in Wurg's lab, Danu only provided the hardware for perhaps 3 functional units all of which are accounted for.

//Marxon as a character is not coming back from this as if nothing happened. And you''ve got a consensus on that between Umbra Ehks and I, who are the people who people usually default to when a decision needs to be made.

//Just please, do yourself a huge favor, and make a new character. One who is different from your usual habit, and will take a different path in the RP. It will actually help you as a person to grow, to put yourself in the shoes of somebody who isn't you and try interacting with people.

"So what you're telling me, is that you faked your own death? That's a pretty impressive lie for someone who is supposed to be honest and trustworthy, but of course there are times when such is necessary for the greater good."

Danu smiled as she looked him over, glad to see he was okay.
// I AM NOT THROWING YEARS OF WORK AND ART AWAY BECAUSE YOU WANT TO USE MY MISTAKES AGAINST ME!
//you don't have to get rid of marxon, you just can't use him here, you can use him in any rp you join anywhere where he isn't officially dead.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 12:42 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: hello umbra how are you today?

"Fine enough. Nothing of interest really happening for me... Which is actually a good thing. It's been a while since I had a normal day."

//i'm gonna introduce a new character, eventually, i'm gonna post his text document when i'm done, and spoiler a picture, it's not art though.
//when i do i want you guys to say what he is missing and what i should add to him.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 12:48 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-05-2015, 11:40 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //And the consensus was to establish the rules regarding the revival, then stick to them in this situation. There is no established mechanism by which Marxon's memory and personality data could have been recovered since the only system in place to do that is unusable in this situation.

//It IS possible though that the ship contained records of his DNA, which would allow a clone body to be produced- but said clone would have 0 memories and be a literal blank brain that has to be raised as a child. The only equipment able to perform a crystal revival is situated in Wurg's lab, Danu only provided the hardware for perhaps 3 functional units all of which are accounted for.

//Marxon as a character is not coming back from this as if nothing happened. And you''ve got a consensus on that between Umbra Ehks and I, who are the people who people usually default to when a decision needs to be made.

//Just please, do yourself a huge favor, and make a new character. One who is different from your usual habit, and will take a different path in the RP. It will actually help you as a person to grow, to put yourself in the shoes of somebody who isn't you and try interacting with people.

"So what you're telling me, is that you faked your own death? That's a pretty impressive lie for someone who is supposed to be honest and trustworthy, but of course there are times when such is necessary for the greater good."

Danu smiled as she looked him over, glad to see he was okay.
// I AM NOT THROWING YEARS OF WORK AND ART AWAY BECAUSE YOU WANT TO USE MY MISTAKES AGAINST ME!

//sure I fucked up, but we're all friends here, so please don't use it as an excuse to ruin my fun.

((No one is using your mistakes against you. No one is trying to go "You aren't allowed to be Marx any more anywhere ever you need to throw out EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE and start new."
This is RP. This is not real life, this has no effect on anything outside of it. Enforcing rules is not a fucking personal attack making you remake your ENTIRE INTERNET IDENTITY. It's a character. It's not you. Don't get so incredibly attached to a character to the point where you refuse to let them die despite putting them into a situation where there is no way out of it. Learn to accept consequences, and learn that RP does not equal real life. Hell, it doesn't even equal your internet life at all! Just because he dies here does not mean he dies everywhere.))

is it good?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 01:19 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
is it good?
// basically you're bringing in your terraria character?

(09-06-2015, 01:38 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 01:19 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
is it good?
// basically you're bringing in your terraria character?
//yes and no, i'm downgrading him a bit, and giving him a personality, he has none, now he does, and he is back story related whoooo.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-06-2015

*A pack of bots, some vaguely human with damaged limbs and other avali-like with mismatched legs from other Avali bots scattered around, abandoned by their superiors, whether in life or death, march into town and start setting up turret installations around the perimeter of the town.*
//So when Marxon died what happened to the red-tiberium/ Metal demon avali.

(09-06-2015, 01:49 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: *A pack of bots, some vaguely human with damaged limbs and other avali-like with mismatched legs from other Avali bots scattered around, abandoned by their superiors, whether in life or death, march into town and start setting up turret installations around the perimeter of the town.*
// it lives in the forest, and only marx knows exactly how to stop it permanently

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 01:55 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 01:49 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: *A pack of bots, some vaguely human with damaged limbs and other avali-like with mismatched legs from other Avali bots scattered around, abandoned by their superiors, whether in life or death, march into town and start setting up turret installations around the perimeter of the town.*
// it lives in the forest, and only marx knows exactly how to stop it permanently
//Guys...

//i'll introduce Mark tomorrow, also my character in terraria isn't named Mark, i named the character mark because i already have an Austin here, and other reasons that now that i think about it are also backstory related in a way.

(09-06-2015, 01:56 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 01:55 AM)Marxon Wrote: // it lives in the forest, and only marx knows exactly how to stop it permanently
//Guys...

//NU EXCUSES TO BRING MARXON BACK, i have a feeling ehks would say the same thing.

(09-06-2015, 01:55 AM)Marxon Wrote:

//Just saying, say if one of Marx's bots was programmed with all of Marx's memories and ideas, looked liek Marx but had no emotions could we work with that and bring Marx back?

(09-06-2015, 01:59 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 01:55 AM)Marxon Wrote: // it lives in the forest, and only marx knows exactly how to stop it permanently

//Just saying, say if one of Marx's bots was programmed with all of Marx's memories and ideas, looked liek Marx but had no emotions could we work with that and bring Marx back?
//inb4 ehks and odin say no too close to marxon.

(09-06-2015, 01:59 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:

// which is why it went rogue, no emotion

(09-06-2015, 02:03 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 01:59 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Just saying, say if one of Marx's bots was programmed with all of Marx's memories and ideas, looked liek Marx but had no emotions could we work with that and bring Marx back?
//inb4 ehks and odin say no too close to marxon's old personality.
// they hate marx as a character anyways, too sad

(09-06-2015, 02:03 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 01:59 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Just saying, say if one of Marx's bots was programmed with all of Marx's memories and ideas, looked liek Marx but had no emotions could we work with that and bring Marx back?
//inb4 ehks and odin say no too close to marxon.
//It has no personality it's a robot/ exo-suit.

(09-06-2015, 02:03 AM)Marxon Wrote:
// which is why it went rogue, no emotion

//oohhhhhhh that's the tiberuim metal thing, yeah no that thing isn't gonna be a permanent thing based on how it behaves and it's strength.

(09-06-2015, 02:04 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 02:03 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //inb4 ehks and odin say no too close to marxon.
//It has no personality it's a robot/ exo-suit.

//then it wouldn't act like marxon. therefor it wouldn't be marxon.

(09-06-2015, 02:03 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 02:03 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //inb4 ehks and odin say no too close to marxon's old personality.
// they hate marx as a character anyways, too sad

// that's ot what i meant by saying that, i don't believe they hate marxon, i believe they are being strict, but not too strict.

(09-06-2015, 02:04 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 02:03 AM)Marxon Wrote: // which is why it went rogue, no emotion

//oohhhhhhh that's the tiberuim metal thing, yeah no that thing isn't gonna be a permanent thing based on how it behaves and it's strength.

(09-06-2015, 02:04 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //It has no personality it's a robot/ exo-suit.

//It isn't Marxon but it contains his memories/ experiences. My point is Marx gets his memories in a super-smart character with no emotion/ personality.

(09-06-2015, 02:06 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 02:04 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //oohhhhhhh that's the tiberuim metal thing, yeah no that thing isn't gonna be a permanent thing based on how it behaves and it's strength.

//It isn't Marxon but it contains his memories/ experiences. My point is Marx gets his memories in a super-smart character with no emotion/ personality.
//that's not at all what marxon wants, he wants marxon's personality.

//so is the character i created good? plz tell me, so i can fix him before he becomes a thing.

(09-06-2015, 02:11 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(09-06-2015, 02:06 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //It isn't Marxon but it contains his memories/ experiences. My point is Marx gets his memories in a super-smart character with no emotion/ personality.
//that's not at all what marxon wants, he wants marxon's personality.

//so is the character i created good? plz tell me, so i can fix him before he becomes a thing.
// don't make him so full of terraria gimmicks.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 09-06-2015

(09-06-2015, 02:03 AM)Marxon Wrote: // they hate marx as a character anyways, too sad

((HOW MANY FUCKING TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS ISN'T THE GOD DAMN REASON WHY I AM ENFORCING THE FUCKING RULES.))