Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 06:27 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 05:50 PM)Surge Wrote: We have time here?

"Sure we do. The sun sets and rises, and the moon goes though its phases. I'm not sure what this place would be like without time."
Er, I mean, I didn't know we had a system for measuring the time. You know the length of day and night and seasons can vary.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 06:31 PM)Surge Wrote: Er, I mean, I didn't know we had a system for measuring the time. You know the length of day and night and seasons can vary.

"We don't really. If anything, we just look at the position of the sun and moon."

(09-08-2015, 06:58 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 06:31 PM)Surge Wrote: Er, I mean, I didn't know we had a system for measuring the time. You know the length of day and night and seasons can vary.

"We don't really. If anything, we just look at the position of the sun and moon."
Good enough I suppose...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 11:12 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 10:10 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he waken over to a massive terminal and cracks his knuckles*
this is the moment we've all been waiting for
*images of harden installments and blueprints flash on the screen*
*One of the bots seems to be recording all of this in his head while a finger is jammed into the mainframe.*
"Downloading Duplicate."
*the screen goes red, and all the power in the room goes off*
Something is seriously wrong.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Flarezerker - 09-08-2015

Good evening, everybody. I'm going to pretend I'm not seeing these phantoms right now so as to maintain some semblance of sanity. How is everyone?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Reks - 09-08-2015

(09-08-2015, 07:12 PM)Flarezerker Wrote: Good evening, everybody. I'm going to pretend I'm not seeing these phantoms right now so as to maintain some semblance of sanity. How is everyone?

"Do not ignore weird things. In time, they will become normal to you."

She shrugged

"It is what I had to get used to."

(09-08-2015, 07:23 PM)Reks Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:12 PM)Flarezerker Wrote: Good evening, everybody. I'm going to pretend I'm not seeing these phantoms right now so as to maintain some semblance of sanity. How is everyone?

"Do not ignore weird things. In time, they will become normal to you."

She shrugged

Well. It seems like I wasn't seeing things last night... *takes deep breath* Very well then. I see that you speak from experience. One moment, please... *taps on small wrist device, accompanied by a flash and beep* Good day to you. Would you by any chance know where Surge would be?

(09-08-2015, 07:26 PM)Flarezerker Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:23 PM)Reks Wrote: "Do not ignore weird things. In time, they will become normal to you."

She shrugged

Well. It seems like I wasn't seeing things last night... *takes deep breath* Very well then. I see that you speak from experience. One moment, please... *taps on small wrist device, accompanied by a flash and beep* Good day to you. Would you by any chance know where Surge would be?

"I have not met a... 'Surge' yet, so another would be... Best to ask."

She stumbled over her words, then looked down, frowning slightly as she appeared thoughtful.

(09-08-2015, 07:31 PM)Reks Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:26 PM)Flarezerker Wrote: Well. It seems like I wasn't seeing things last night... *takes deep breath* Very well then. I see that you speak from experience. One moment, please... *taps on small wrist device, accompanied by a flash and beep* Good day to you. Would you by any chance know where Surge would be?

She stumbled over her words, then looked down, frowning slightly as she appeared thoughtful.

Well, then. Thank you for your assistance anyways. I hope you fare well.

(y'all best appreciate the traffic laws I broke booking it home so I could post freely)

I'm right over here though...*waves*

"I'm not a phantom. Not technically, anyway."

(09-08-2015, 07:31 PM)Reks Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:26 PM)Flarezerker Wrote: Well. It seems like I wasn't seeing things last night... *takes deep breath* Very well then. I see that you speak from experience. One moment, please... *taps on small wrist device, accompanied by a flash and beep* Good day to you. Would you by any chance know where Surge would be?

She stumbled over her words, then looked down, frowning slightly as she appeared thoughtful

If you want, I brew up a hex that will help with the translation, so you can speak your language, And understandable vise versa.

(09-08-2015, 07:53 PM)Surge Wrote: (y'all best appreciate the traffic laws I broke booking it home so I could post freely)

Ah, yes. Hello, Surge. I've been looking for you. I have some questions about you. I was just wondering, what are you? Not to be rude, but I find no other way to put it.

(09-08-2015, 07:58 PM)Flarezerker Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:53 PM)Surge Wrote: (y'all best appreciate the traffic laws I broke booking it home so I could post freely)

Ah, yes. Hello, Surge. I've been looking for you. I have some questions about you. I was just wondering, what are you? Not to be rude, but I find no other way to put it.
I'm a collective of nanites called an Ateros. Though I'm afraid what I can offer beyond that is limited as I suffered a massive data storage failure some time back and was largely reset.

// [a la Sniper] 'Preciate it.
"Yes, he's been with us for some time now."

(09-08-2015, 08:00 PM)Surge Wrote: I'm a collective of nanites called an Ateros. Though I'm afraid what I can offer beyond that is limited as I suffered a massive data storage failure some time back and was largely reset.

"Yes, that was partly Umbra's fault... He would be able to tell you more, but he's asleep at the moment. I could elaborate as well, but I'm sure you'd rather hear it from him."

(09-08-2015, 08:00 PM)Surge Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:58 PM)Flarezerker Wrote: Ah, yes. Hello, Surge. I've been looking for you. I have some questions about you. I was just wondering, what are you? Not to be rude, but I find no other way to put it.
I'm a collective of nanites called an Ateros. Though I'm afraid what I can offer beyond that is limited as I suffered a massive data storage failure some time back and was largely reset.

I see. Interesting. Not to press, but do you have any other information about such nanites? You see, I've been looking to learn about new technologies to further improve my kin-Er, my own state of life, and I believe that nanites would help quite a bit.

(09-08-2015, 08:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// [a la Sniper] 'Preciate it.
"Yes, he's been with us for some time now."

(09-08-2015, 08:00 PM)Surge Wrote: I'm a collective of nanites called an Ateros. Though I'm afraid what I can offer beyond that is limited as I suffered a massive data storage failure some time back and was largely reset.

"Yes, that was partly Umbra's fault... He would be able to tell you more, but he's asleep at the moment. I could elaborate as well, but I'm sure you'd rather hear it from him."

Yes, I would, thank you. At the earliest convenience.

(09-08-2015, 08:02 PM)Flarezerker Wrote: I see. Interesting. Not to press, but do you have any other information about such nanites? You see, I've been looking to learn about new technologies to further improve my kin-Er, my own state of life, and I believe that nanites would help quite a bit.

If Empathy even had eyebrows, one of them would be raised.

Quote:Yes, I would, thank you. At the earliest convenience.

"He might be a while... He likes his rest when he can get it."

(09-08-2015, 08:02 PM)Flarezerker Wrote:

I see. Interesting. Not to press, but do you have any other information about such nanites? You see, I've been looking to learn about new technologies to further improve my kin-Er, my own state of life, and I believe that nanites would help quite a bit.
I'm afraid not. Some data that was corrupted has restored itself but as best I can tell I never had in-depth data on my individual nanites. Though they aren't much use outside of a collective, individually none of them have the storage capacity or processing power to store and run any more than a basic protocol of self replication. It is only by pooling their storage and processing resources that I am able to exist as a person.

(09-08-2015, 07:56 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:31 PM)Reks Wrote: "I have not met a... 'Surge' yet, so another would be... Best to ask."

She stumbled over her words, then looked down, frowning slightly as she appeared thoughtful

If you want, I brew up a hex that will help with the translation, so you can speak your language, And understandable vise versa.

"That would be kind of you... But from what I gathered from my own condition and a bit of... Experience, it would not work. I do not think I am wholly in your dimension."

She thought for a moment

"Our head researcher said that dimensions could be like... Bubbles, and the gates let you stick to the surface. Those who went through gates could see into and, eh... Somewhat experience them, but we could not go in. That is what we were trying to accomplish."

Nihalla looked up, another flash of lightning solidifying her form for a split second

"I wonder if they have succeeded now... Or what I would have been considered. Sad to think that I might be recorded dead, or lost."

(09-08-2015, 08:17 PM)Reks Wrote:
(09-08-2015, 07:56 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: If you want, I brew up a hex that will help with the translation, so you can speak your language, And understandable vise versa.

"That would be kind of you... But from what I gathered from my own condition and a bit of... Experience, it would not work. I do not think I am wholly in your dimension."

She thought for a moment

"Our head researcher said that dimensions could be like... Bubbles, and the gates let you stick to the surface. Those who went through gates could see into and, eh... Somewhat experience them, but we could not go in. That is what we were trying to accomplish."

Nihalla looked up, another flash of lightning solidifying her form for a split second

"I wonder if they have succeeded now... Or what I would have been considered. Sad to think that I might be recorded dead, or lost."
You are aware that when lightning happens you solidify?