Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 01:34 AM)Reks Wrote: "Or... I could stay a while, I guess. I do not really have a choice either way."

She looked at Order, thoughtful

"Do you have any questions for me, or do you share your blue friend's knowledge?"

"Empathy, my brothers, and I are psychically linked. If one learns something useful, we all learn of it as well. Some things, however, cannot be shared."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Reks - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 01:40 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 01:34 AM)Reks Wrote: "Or... I could stay a while, I guess. I do not really have a choice either way."

She looked at Order, thoughtful

"Do you have any questions for me, or do you share your blue friend's knowledge?"

"Empathy, my brothers, and I are psychically linked. If one learns something useful, we all learn of it as well. Some things, however, cannot be shared."

"Your personality, perhaps? Or tendencies?"

Nihalla openly smiled as she spoke and listened

"Ahh, my apologies. I am... Was, a... Cleric? A... Scribe. I wrote notes for the researchers, and it always excited me to hear things like this."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 01:38 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 01:22 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he attempts to pry open the door*
*the door flings open and a frail and skinny avali crawls out*

Errr, who are you?
*he slowly backs away*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Flarezerker - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 01:50 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 01:38 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the door flings open and a frail and skinny avali crawls out*

Errr, who are you?
*he slowly backs away*

*deactivating his cloak, Tueor slowly follows the noise of the slight commotion to the scene* What kind of monstrosity is this!?!? Is this what those crystals produce?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 01:50 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 01:38 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the door flings open and a frail and skinny avali crawls out*

Errr, who are you?
*he slowly backs away*
I have no freaking idea,
*points at him, and at the same time he feels pressure on his skull*

but I want answers, where am I, what happened... things like that.

(09-09-2015, 01:56 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 01:50 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: Errr, who are you?
*he slowly backs away*
I have no freaking idea,

Your name is Marxon, you died fighting and was revived here at this nameless town.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 01:59 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 01:56 AM)Marxon Wrote: I have no freaking idea,

Your name is Marxon, you died fighting and was revived here at this nameless town.
That sounds about right, I guess...

There's somewhere I need to be.

*takes one step and immediately breaks his leg*

AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!

(since his augments weren't also brought through, he has incredibly brittle bones)

(09-09-2015, 02:03 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 01:59 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: Your name is Marxon, you died fighting and was revived here at this nameless town.
That sounds about right, I guess...

There's somewhere I need to be.

*takes one step and immediately breaks his leg*

AAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH!

(since his augments weren't also brought through, he has incredibly brittle bones)

*Suddenly, a bright flash fills the small room with light, and a click resonates throughout the building*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-09-2015

*Meanwhile a the moon seems to have launched a burning piece of scrap at the the town, before anyone can react it crashes into the town centre, burrowing itself deep underground, whatever type of propulsion it used it worked a bit too well.

(09-09-2015, 02:42 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: *Meanwhile a the moon seems to have launched a burning piece of scrap at the the town, before anyone can react it crashes into the town centre, burrowing itself deep underground, whatever type of propulsion it used it worked a bit too well.

*A piece of the small laboratory comes loose and falls onto Tueor, knocking him out and trapping him under*

(09-09-2015, 01:45 AM)Reks Wrote: "Your personality, perhaps? Or tendencies?"

Nihalla openly smiled as she spoke and listened

"Ahh, my apologies. I am... Was, a... Cleric? A... Scribe. I wrote notes for the researchers, and it always excited me to hear things like this."

"No need to apologize. After all, our kind isn't documented anywhere, as we are relatively new to reality. Yes, our personalities and tendencies cannot be shared, as well as certain element-tied skills and combat knowledge."

(09-09-2015, 02:42 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: *Meanwhile a the moon seems to have launched a burning piece of scrap at the the town, before anyone can react it crashes into the town centre, burrowing itself deep underground, whatever type of propulsion it used it worked a bit too well.

The terrain slowly starts to regenerate, gradually closing the tunnel that was made. Hopefully whatever's inside gets out soon.

(09-09-2015, 03:01 AM)Flarezerker Wrote: *A piece of the small laboratory comes loose and falls onto Tueor, knocking him out and trapping him under*

// Wurg's lab is in her house in a separate dimension... Whatever happens in town won't affect it.

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-09-2015

*limps carefully away*

So apparently I have chalk for bones...

It might seem strange to some that Umbra hasn't been out all day... Perhaps he's busy.
Or maybe the person narrating really wanted to roleplay some semi-ethereal beings today.

Maybe it's the first thing.

The sky is dark with an ambience to match. Fall is creeping in, resulting in the days getting shorter and the nights becoming darker. Nonetheless, Order stands in wait of the crystal thief, the soft electric light he emits revealing the rain as it falls near him, as well as illuminating a small area.
A large warhammer with the same color scheme and outline as he rests in front of him, the seemingly heavy, squarish head firmly placed on the ground. His hands lay perched atop the handle's end.
The rain has started to hit his body and splatter softly where it hits, a telltale sign that he is currently in physical form.

// heading to bed. Good night.

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 09-09-2015

*limps outside, whimpering in pain, having already broken 3 bones*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 12:54 AM)Reks Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 12:47 AM)Flarezerker Wrote: //I dont understand what you mean. Can you please be more clear?

// I think he was trying to tell me the rules of revival -despite that I already know- and say that it's agreed on by everyone. Which is true, except...

Nihalla, as a character, is not from the dimension of this setting. She would not even have a crystal, and unless the universe forms one for you the instant you enter, she wouldn't get one.

It is effectively a nerf to keep in line with her lore. What balances it right now is that her body is safer than anything else right now, but she literally has no way of interacting with any physical matter beyond speaking and being seen, and even her sense of time is messed up: every time she is brought through the veils between, it's her own personal timeframe. No time passes for her in between storms, effectively.

Edit note: apparently it was a little different than I realized. Regardless, I do not intend for her to be freed from the dimensional 'prison' she's in for some time, if at all, so it's mostly moot.

((So if her body is physical, just disconnected from this dimension, does she still get hungry and tired...?))

(09-09-2015, 04:50 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 12:54 AM)Reks Wrote: // I think he was trying to tell me the rules of revival -despite that I already know- and say that it's agreed on by everyone. Which is true, except...

Nihalla, as a character, is not from the dimension of this setting. She would not even have a crystal, and unless the universe forms one for you the instant you enter, she wouldn't get one.

It is effectively a nerf to keep in line with her lore. What balances it right now is that her body is safer than anything else right now, but she literally has no way of interacting with any physical matter beyond speaking and being seen, and even her sense of time is messed up: every time she is brought through the veils between, it's her own personal timeframe. No time passes for her in between storms, effectively.

Edit note: apparently it was a little different than I realized. Regardless, I do not intend for her to be freed from the dimensional 'prison' she's in for some time, if at all, so it's mostly moot.

((So if her body is physical, just disconnected from this dimension, does she still get hungry and tired...?))

//I have absolutely no idea. The limbo she's stuck in has it that time technically doesn't exist (biologically, anyway). Her mind still processes things as they happen as if time was passing, but her body is in stasis between dimensions.

She was stuck there when her portal was destroyed by lightning in a very powerful blast, and technically to fully pass her through to a new one she'd need to be struck by lightning directly of the same (or more powerful) voltage.

That is, her 'presence'. Given that she has no physical body there and thusly cannot attract lightning makes it next to impossible, and that she has no idea how to escape her current situation means it's likely she'll be a 'rainwraith' (dubbed by a friend) forever.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 09-09-2015

(09-09-2015, 05:02 AM)Reks Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 04:50 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((So if her body is physical, just disconnected from this dimension, does she still get hungry and tired...?))

//I have absolutely no idea. The limbo she's stuck in has it that time technically doesn't exist (biologically, anyway). Her mind still processes things as they happen as if time was passing, but her body is in stasis between dimensions.

She was stuck there when her portal was destroyed by lightning in a very powerful blast, and technically to fully pass her through to a new one she'd need to be struck by lightning directly of the same (or more powerful) voltage.

That is, her 'presence'. Given that she has no physical body there and thusly cannot attract lightning makes it next to impossible, and that she has no idea how to escape her current situation means it's likely she'll be a 'rainwraith' (dubbed by a friend) forever.

((Ah...
Okay I have to add your friend is a genius. Rainwraith sounds amazing.))

(09-09-2015, 05:07 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(09-09-2015, 05:02 AM)Reks Wrote: //I have absolutely no idea. The limbo she's stuck in has it that time technically doesn't exist (biologically, anyway). Her mind still processes things as they happen as if time was passing, but her body is in stasis between dimensions.

((Ah...
Okay I have to add your friend is a genius. Rainwraith sounds amazing.))

// Friend being Zeal. He suggested wraith of sorts when I was describing Niha to him, and we went off from there until rainwraith came up.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-09-2015

*Kitten and two humanoid bots claw their way up to the surface from a crashed escape pod that buried itself in the town centre.*
"Who the hell designed that base?!"
"Origin, Unknown. Sir."

*Kitten taps a communicator on his wrist.*
"Hey, Delta-1 and 2, return me to Joey. ASAP."
"Dematerialization process initiated."
*Kitten and a large box of something coated in moon-dust disappear from the town centre in an instant.*

(09-09-2015, 10:40 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: *Kitten and two humanoid bots claw their way up to the surface from a crashed escape pod that buried itself in the town centre.*
"Who the hell designed that base?!"
"Origin, Unknown. Sir."

*Kitten taps a communicator on his wrist.*
"Hey, Delta-1 and 2, return me to Joey. ASAP."
"Dematerialization process initiated."
*Kitten and a large box of something coated in moon-dust disappear from the town centre in an instant.*

*the server room remains dark, for all except the terminal*
What do you want?