Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 05:08 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 05:00 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu notices the apparition approaching her, taking a break from her jog to talk to them and to the new arrival in town.

"Order, Entropy, what a philosophical situation I've gotten myself in to."

"Who the hell is Entropy?"
// has Danu met any of them? I don't really remember. Also, it's just this one- there aren't others out right now.
(09-12-2015, 05:19 PM)Reks Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 03:50 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu jogs past, long blonde hair trailing behind her dry as can be despite the rain. Even with supportive clothing meant for such activity, her heavy chest was still bouncing as she moved. The rain didn't seem to bother her at all, in fact from her appearance it seemed like the rain wasn't even falling on her.

Ever since her incident with the nuclear reactor she had been putting some effort into getting her health back up to spec. Her body had regrown beautifully, plump and shapely, and lately she seemed to be addressing an issue with muscle tone and endurance.

"Good morning."

Nihalla jolted with a start, as she had gotten lost in thought, and followed effortlessly, gliding over the ground without even a tilt to her stance

"Good morning. It is morning, yes?"

"Seems to be. Time itself is relevant to your observation after all, what for us appears to be morning could in fact be twilight to someone else."

Danu smiles as Order speaks up.

"Entropy in this case refers to the unpredictable nature of falling rain, while beautiful and refreshing it does not bring a significant amount of usable energy to the world. So standing between order and entropy was a pun in which I'm standing between a being symbolic of order, and a being that manifests in the natural unpredictability of a summer rain. Maybe I'm overthinking this a little."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 07:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Seems to be. Time itself is relevant to your observation after all, what for us appears to be morning could in fact be twilight to someone else."

"Entropy in this case refers to the unpredictable nature of falling rain, while beautiful and refreshing it does not bring a significant amount of usable energy to the world. So standing between order and entropy was a pun in which I'm standing between a being symbolic of order, and a being that manifests in the natural unpredictability of a summer rain. Maybe I'm overthinking this a little."

"...I'm not Order, though. Don't want to be, either. The idiot makes decisions without thinking about them."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Reks - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 07:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 05:08 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Who the hell is Entropy?"
// has Danu met any of them? I don't really remember. Also, it's just this one- there aren't others out right now.
(09-12-2015, 05:19 PM)Reks Wrote: Nihalla jolted with a start, as she had gotten lost in thought, and followed effortlessly, gliding over the ground without even a tilt to her stance

"Good morning. It is morning, yes?"

"Seems to be. Time itself is relevant to your observation after all, what for us appears to be morning could in fact be twilight to someone else."

"It is also because I have no way of knowing how time passes beyond being told. A frame of reference... Makes things somewhat less...

Awkward for conversing."
(09-12-2015, 07:11 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 07:03 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Seems to be. Time itself is relevant to your observation after all, what for us appears to be morning could in fact be twilight to someone else."

"...I'm not Order, though. Don't want to be, either. The idiot makes decisions without thinking about them."
"It may not be my place to say, but sometimes decisiveness is more important than sitting around worrying of what may be.

Given how that is why I ended up as I am, it could be said... That I did not think things through either, but my bond sat and waited and lost everything."

She stopped to think and consider her words before speaking again, with slight contempt

"At least my experimenting would have helped figure a way for us to escape our predicament. He waited, and thus was his... -unintelligible- lost to him. And I would not stand for that."

// Niha's a bit of a 'snob', but given how Aera prize a system of honor and worth based around researching and working, NOT doing anything is more of a 'sin' to them, and lazy people or those that chose to wait are more looked down on- for good reason, given their situation.

(09-12-2015, 07:39 PM)Reks Wrote: "It may not be my place to say, but sometimes decisiveness is more important than sitting around worrying of what may be.

Given how that is why I ended up as I am, it could be said... That I did not think things through either, but my bond sat and waited and lost everything."

She stopped to think and consider her words before speaking again, with slight contempt

"At least my experimenting would have helped figure a way for us to escape our predicament. He waited, and thus was his... -unintelligible- lost to him. And I would not stand for that."

// Niha's a bit of a 'snob', but given how Aera prize a system of honor and worth based around researching and working, NOT doing anything is more of a 'sin' to them, and lazy people or those that chose to wait are more looked down on- for good reason, given their situation.

"What I mostly meant by that was that he doesn't think about what he does before he does it. He's the type that would rather charge into a fire to save a life rather than find a way to put it out. It may work for him, but it's not how I prefer to go about things. I consider what's around me and observe every component of a situation to make decisions. It's faster than you might think."
// Apathy doesn't have a good relationship with Order and Chaos, which can make for some interesting dialogue between characters.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 03:23 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 02:01 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *it stares at ou for a few seconds*
Hello, kitten.
You have violated many laws comming here.
"I'm a military AI, laws do affect me."
*Kitten probably smiles behind his helmet but it's difficult to tell.*

such as breaking and entering, robery, multiple cases of man slaughter, trafiving, and many others.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 07:39 PM)Reks Wrote: small text wall Snip
hey nihalla how are you doing this uhhhhh i really do need to learn how to tell the time by the sun, well not sun but resident star of this planet
anyways i'm wondering why the rain isn't stopping, it's like some unknown force is causing to rain until you can stay here permanently.

(09-12-2015, 10:10 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
hey nihalla how are you doing this uhhhhh i really do need to learn how to tell the time by the sun, well not sun but resident star of this planet
anyways i'm wondering why the rain isn't stopping, it's like some unknown force is causing to rain until you can stay here permanently.

"Frankly, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon. In order for her to stay, there would have to be rain at all times, which wouldn't end well for anyone."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Reks - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 10:10 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:

(09-12-2015, 10:54 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 10:10 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: hey nihalla how are you doing this uhhhhh i really do need to learn how to tell the time by the sun, well not sun but resident star of this planet

"Frankly, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon. In order for her to stay, there would have to be rain at all times, which wouldn't end well for anyone."

"There is nothing I can do to stop this, unfortunately... Or fortunately. While I do agree that the rain is not good over time, it is a nice change from the constant warping around."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-12-2015

(09-12-2015, 11:48 PM)Reks Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 10:10 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: hey nihalla how are you doing this uhhhhh i really do need to learn how to tell the time by the sun, well not sun but resident star of this planet

(09-12-2015, 10:54 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Frankly, I doubt that'll happen anytime soon. In order for her to stay, there would have to be rain at all times, which wouldn't end well for anyone."

"There is nothing I can do to stop this, unfortunately... Or fortunately. While I do agree that the rain is not good over time, it is a nice change from the constant warping around."
oh no, i wasn't implying it needed to be stopped soon, well it should be, but i'm more curious about it than worried, you know until the grass dies from too much water or something.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-13-2015

*smells begin to waft from the tent, in preparation for the feast*
Where could I get some ambrosia?
Oh wait, daun has some
*he exits the tent and heads towards daun's house*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-13-2015

(09-13-2015, 01:28 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *smells begin to waft from the tent, in preparation for the feast*
Where could I get some ambrosia?
Oh wait, daun has some
*he exits the tent and heads towards daun's house*

that reminds me, i was invited to a feast tomorrow.
probably should bring the letter with me.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-13-2015

(09-12-2015, 09:16 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 03:23 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "I'm a military AI, laws do affect me."
*Kitten probably smiles behind his helmet but it's difficult to tell.*

such as breaking and entering, robery, multiple cases of man slaughter, trafiving, and many others.
*As he says it he alternates between jerking a thumb at Joey and then his own bots.*
"Man-slaughter isn't my deal, the host technically counts as being alive."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-13-2015

(09-12-2015, 11:48 PM)Reks Wrote: "There is nothing I can do to stop this, unfortunately... Or fortunately. While I do agree that the rain is not good over time, it is a nice change from the constant warping around."

"Yes, I suppose it would be... Oh! I completely forgot to introduce myself. Stupid me. I'm Apathy."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Reks - 09-13-2015

(09-13-2015, 02:19 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 11:48 PM)Reks Wrote: "There is nothing I can do to stop this, unfortunately... Or fortunately. While I do agree that the rain is not good over time, it is a nice change from the constant warping around."

"Yes, I suppose it would be... Oh! I completely forgot to introduce myself. Stupid me. I'm Apathy."

"There are a lot of... No, many similar to you, it seems.

You seem somewhat like... Ahh, Empathy?"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-13-2015

(09-13-2015, 01:51 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-12-2015, 09:16 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: such as breaking and entering, robery, multiple cases of man slaughter, trafiving, and many others.
*As he says it he alternates between jerking a thumb at Joey and then his own bots.*
"Man-slaughter isn't my deal, the host technically counts as being alive."

I have nothing to do with this Rasputin.
*he slowly backs out of the room*

You let a moon base of civilians die, and where responsible for there deaths. 

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 09-13-2015

goodnight all hope it doesn't stop and does stop raining. *he goes into his house and sleeps*

(09-13-2015, 02:24 AM)Reks Wrote: "There are a lot of... No, many similar to you, it seems.

You seem somewhat like... Ahh, Empathy?"

"We all look the same, more or less. There's only differences in color as far as looks go. Empathy's the most closely related to me."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 09-13-2015

(09-12-2015, 10:54 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"I wouldn't call it impossible though. There are ways to create an artificial rainstorm that could sustain her without needing to spoil everyone else's weather or ecosystems."

Danu thought about it some, having known people who could do such things.

(09-13-2015, 02:52 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I wouldn't call it impossible though. There are ways to create an artificial rainstorm that could sustain her without needing to spoil everyone else's weather or ecosystems."

"Sure, it's possible, but do we have anyone here who can do that?"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 09-13-2015

(09-13-2015, 02:56 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-13-2015, 02:52 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "I wouldn't call it impossible though. There are ways to create an artificial rainstorm that could sustain her without needing to spoil everyone else's weather or ecosystems."

"Sure, it's possible, but do we have anyone here who can do that?"

"Maybe Wurg could create a machine capable of it. Sadly people's attitudes towards magic in this world have prevented it from being developed to its full potential, and the few people here who have are limited in what they can do by circumstances."