Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 07:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [Welcome to my mind, then. It is odd going from organic to synthetic...I say that from experience.]

The inside of the house looked exactly the same as normal. Aside from a black stain on the wall, there was no way to even tell that Wurg had tried going through it. She held a hand over her nose, mostly to stop a small stream of nanites from getting everywhere.

Empathy materializes in the room, faceless and featureless as always.
Hmm.
Being intangible, he sticks his head through the wall- or tries to, anyway.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 08:05 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 07:58 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [Welcome to my mind, then. It is odd going from organic to synthetic...I say that from experience.]

The inside of the house looked exactly the same as normal. Aside from a black stain on the wall, there was no way to even tell that Wurg had tried going through it. She held a hand over her nose, mostly to stop a small stream of nanites from getting everywhere.

Empathy materializes in the room, faceless and featureless as always.
Hmm.
Being intangible, he sticks his head through the wall- or tries to, anyway.

The hand goes through the wall. Obviously the barrier is only physical. Or it's just a wall, instead of functioning as a door like it should.
"Uh...can you feel out there, or do you actually need to go out there to see?"

(09-25-2015, 08:08 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: The hand goes through the wall. Obviously the barrier is only physical. Or it's just a wall, instead of functioning as a door like it should.

"I can see. My sight originates from the hole in my face."
Empathy sticks his head out again and looks around.

(09-25-2015, 08:12 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 08:08 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: The hand goes through the wall. Obviously the barrier is only physical. Or it's just a wall, instead of functioning as a door like it should.

"I can see. My sight originates from the hole in my face."
Empathy sticks his head out again and looks around.

"Mhm...okay."

Upon sticking his head out of the wall, Empathy was greeted with the sight of...water. A huge expanse of it, stretching in nearly every direction. The fact the house was somehow floating on top of it was astounding in and of itself. The exterior of the house looked far different than usual, too. Thinner than before, and now glowing a far brighter orange than what it was projecting in the square.

"So? Is there anything out there?"

(09-25-2015, 08:17 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm...okay."

Upon sticking his head out of the wall, Empathy was greeted with the sight of...water. A huge expanse of it, stretching in nearly every direction. The fact the house was somehow floating on top of it was astounding in and of itself. The exterior of the house looked far different than usual, too. Thinner than before, and now glowing a far brighter orange than what it was projecting in the square.

Empathy retreats and stays silent for a bit.
"...Yeah... We're in the middle of an ocean."

(09-25-2015, 08:20 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 08:17 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Mhm...okay."

Empathy retreats and stays silent for a bit.
"...Yeah... We're in the middle of an ocean."

"...Well that's unfortunate. Did you see any land at all?"

(09-25-2015, 08:22 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Well that's unfortunate. Did you see any land at all?"

"No, I didn't... Do you have a compass?"

(09-25-2015, 08:23 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 08:22 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "...Well that's unfortunate. Did you see any land at all?"

"No, I didn't... Do you have a compass?"

"No, I don't, and I haven't been able to get one, either...the lab portal disappeared earlier today, and I haven't been able to get it back up and running. I'm surprised no one heard it close..." She lowered her hand from her face, since the "blood" had stopped flowing. "I do have some magnets around, and some random metal. Might be able to build a small compass with that."

(09-25-2015, 08:26 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "No, I don't, and I haven't been able to get one, either...the lab portal disappeared earlier today, and I haven't been able to get it back up and running. I'm surprised no one heard it close..." She lowered her hand from her face, since the "blood" had stopped flowing. "I do have some magnets around, and some random metal. Might be able to build a small compass with that."

"Hmm... Actually, hold on." Empathy looks out again, then quickly retreats. "Okay, we should probably head north. If we're still in our home dimension, the beach will most likely be in that direction. I'm not sure if we even are home, though..."

(09-25-2015, 08:39 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 08:26 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "No, I don't, and I haven't been able to get one, either...the lab portal disappeared earlier today, and I haven't been able to get it back up and running. I'm surprised no one heard it close..." She lowered her hand from her face, since the "blood" had stopped flowing. "I do have some magnets around, and some random metal. Might be able to build a small compass with that."

"Hmm... Actually, hold on." Empathy looks out again, then quickly retreats. "Okay, we should probably head north. If we're still in our home dimension, the beach will most likely be in that direction. I'm not sure if we even are home, though..."

"Well, I hope we are...but...how will I actually get back? It's not like I have a boat, and I'm pretty sure the house isn't seaworthy either." Wurg walked into another room in the house, and returned a few seconds later with a few assorted materials.

"Got the magnet, cup, cork, and metal to stick in the cork." She stuck the sharp bit of metal into the cork, both ends of the metal exposed, and rubbed the magnet onto it. She walked into the kitchen and filled the cup up with water, and placed the cork-and-metal on top of it.

"There...that should help."

(09-25-2015, 08:42 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Well, I hope we are...but...how will I actually get back? It's not like I have a boat, and I'm pretty sure the house isn't seaworthy either." Wurg walked into another room in the house, and returned a few seconds later with a few assorted materials.

"Got the magnet, cup, cork, and metal to stick in the cork." She stuck the sharp bit of metal into the cork, both ends of the metal exposed, and rubbed the magnet onto it. She walked into the kitchen and filled the cup up with water, and placed the cork-and-metal on top of it.

"Well, if we had some way to find the position of Umbra or one of the others, we could figure it out easily. I can't sense the position of Umbra or my brothers, though... As for getting back, I can handle it. I won't try unless I know we're in the right place, though."

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 09-25-2015

(09-25-2015, 08:54 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 08:42 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Well, I hope we are...but...how will I actually get back? It's not like I have a boat, and I'm pretty sure the house isn't seaworthy either." Wurg walked into another room in the house, and returned a few seconds later with a few assorted materials.

"Well, if we had some way to find the position of Umbra or one of the others, we could figure it out easily. I can't sense the position of Umbra or my brothers, though... As for getting back, I can handle it. I won't try unless I know we're in the right place, though."

((On mobile so no color/font))
"Hm. Alright. I can't think of a way to find them, other than you going directly to them and finding them..."

(09-25-2015, 10:43 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 08:54 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Well, if we had some way to find the position of Umbra or one of the others, we could figure it out easily. I can't sense the position of Umbra or my brothers, though... As for getting back, I can handle it. I won't try unless I know we're in the right place, though."

((On mobile so no color/font))
"Hm. Alright. I can't think of a way to find them, other than you going directly to them and finding them..."

"Again, we're not sure if we're in the same dimension... Wait, do you have a radio or anything similar? If you do, we might be able to see if we can communicate with them. Just nothing that can pierce dimensional barriers. Some sort of radio frequency you can tune in to would help as well."

(09-25-2015, 10:50 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 10:43 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((On mobile so no color/font))

"Again, we're not sure if we're in the same dimension... Wait, do you have a radio or anything similar? If you do, we might be able to see if we can communicate with them. Just nothing that can pierce dimensional barriers. Some sort of radio frequency you can tune in to would help as well."

"My connection itself can't cross dimensional barriers, unless there's an open portal. I am decently sure there's no portal around here, so we're probably in the same dimension."

(09-25-2015, 10:54 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "My connection itself can't cross dimensional barriers, unless there's an open portal. I am decently sure there's no portal around here, so we're probably in the same dimension."

"Ah. Now we just need to figure out where we are relative to the 'town'... Fairly sure we only need to go North, though."

(09-25-2015, 10:57 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 10:54 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "My connection itself can't cross dimensional barriers, unless there's an open portal. I am decently sure there's no portal around here, so we're probably in the same dimension."

"Ah. Now we just need to figure out where we are relative to the 'town'... Fairly sure we only need to go North, though."

"Aye, and it's straight out where the door should be as well. Er, north that is."

(09-25-2015, 11:00 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 10:57 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Ah. Now we just need to figure out where we are relative to the 'town'... Fairly sure we only need to go North, though."

"Aye, and it's straight out where the door should be as well. Er, north that is."

"All right, then... You have anything in here that's fragile? I don't want to accidentally break something."

(09-25-2015, 11:04 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 11:00 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Aye, and it's straight out where the door should be as well. Er, north that is."

"All right, then... You have anything in here that's fragile? I don't want to accidentally break something."

"No, I don't. Most things are installed in the house itself, so no worry on that."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-26-2015

(09-25-2015, 11:06 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "No, I don't. Most things are installed in the house itself, so no worry on that."

"All right, then. I'll be outside."
Empathy floats through the roof. Shortly afterward, the house can be felt... Moving? How is that possible?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 01:17 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 11:06 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: "No, I don't. Most things are installed in the house itself, so no worry on that."

"All right, then. I'll be outside."
Empathy floats through the roof. Shortly afterward, the house can be felt... Moving? How is that possible?

"All right."

Wurg was silent as the house moved. At least, for a short while.

"...You'll be able to go back to Umbra, right? You're not stuck with me?"