Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Penguin - 09-26-2015

*He'd come outside with his lit pipe in his mouth, and a heavy backpack filled with who knows what. He tapes a piece of paper to the door then starts heading out to the wilds. Next to his backpack, only revealed after he had turned his back to most of the town a rifle. Slowly he'd vanish in the wilds, until he was gone.*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 01:28 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "All right."

Wurg was silent as the house moved. At least, for a short while.

"...You'll be able to go back to Umbra, right? You're not stuck with me?"

Empathy sticks his head through the roof.
"Of course. If you want to be stuck with me, though, that's fine. If anything, you don't want to get stuck with the others. Order and Chaos are, well... Rather stubborn, for lack of a better term. Apathy's a bit cold and cynical, so he wouldn't be all to pleasant to get stuck with."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 02:22 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 01:28 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "All right."

Wurg was silent as the house moved. At least, for a short while.

"...You'll be able to go back to Umbra, right? You're not stuck with me?"

Empathy sticks his head through the roof.
"Of course. If you want to be stuck with me, though, that's fine. If anything, you don't want to get stuck with the others. Order and Chaos are, well... Rather stubborn, for lack of a better term. Apathy's a bit cold and cynical, so he wouldn't be all to pleasant to get stuck with."

"If I did have to be stuck with you, then that would be fine...I would much rather prefer your company over the others. But leaving Umbra stuck with them seems mean..." She sighed and sat down. "Hm...what's it like, going from a purely psychic entity to one with a sort of physical body?"

(09-26-2015, 02:28 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "If I did have to be stuck with you, then that would be fine...I would much rather prefer your company over the others. But leaving Umbra stuck with them seems mean..." She sighed and sat down. "Hm...what's it like, going from a purely psychic entity to one with a sort of physical body?"

"Thankfully, it's not too traumatic. It's kind of hard to describe, though..."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Timtimthe2nd - 09-26-2015

(09-25-2015, 02:00 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 10:07 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: Interdimensionl gateway?
Poor souls...
That's room is what's left of the dormatory, try entering from th roof and work your way down.

"Okay, I guess... Tim, can you climb at all?"

(09-25-2015, 02:52 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 02:36 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Uh, Hi, Kitten. I can climb, but I don't know if Tim can because, uh... Well... Not gonna mention it."
"I can help... It'll hurt his frail human self but, I can help with that."
*The tiger is holding a cybernetic hand.*
"There is another alternative..."
*Kitten holds up a grenade launcher*
"On second thoughts you're legs aren't metal and coated with beskar..."

(09-25-2015, 04:25 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 04:18 PM)Umbra Wrote: "...Yeah, I'd rather have Order lift him or something."
"My solutions are more permanent... get something or lose something, am I right, boys?"

"Give me a second, Tim, this will be quick, permanent and you'll get a hand almost as operational as your old one, just much better... although this will be painful momentarily, I'm a programmed field medic."

Tim sighs. "It's okay Umbra." He turns to the AI. "Kitten, was it? I'm not as 'frail' as you seem to think I am. Good luck trying to attach that to me, though. The nerve endings are too damaged near the wound, and the only fully functional ones are at least three or four inches into my arm. Plus, I have titanium plates reinforcing multiple fracture wounds that go all the way up my forearm. So, if you have a way to attach it without damaging my arm further or removing my arm altogether, by all means, go ahead."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 03:48 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(09-25-2015, 02:00 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Okay, I guess... Tim, can you climb at all?"

(09-25-2015, 02:52 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "I can help... It'll hurt his frail human self but, I can help with that."
*The tiger is holding a cybernetic hand.*
"There is another alternative..."
*Kitten holds up a grenade launcher*
"On second thoughts you're legs aren't metal and coated with beskar..."

(09-25-2015, 04:25 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "My solutions are more permanent... get something or lose something, am I right, boys?"

"Give me a second, Tim, this will be quick, permanent and you'll get a hand almost as operational as your old one, just much better... although this will be painful momentarily, I'm a programmed field medic."

Tim sighs. "It's okay Umbra." He turns to the AI. "Kitten, was it? I'm not as 'frail' as you seem to think I am. Good luck trying to attach that to me, though. The nerve endings are too damaged near the wound, and the only fully functional ones are at least three or four inches into my arm. Plus, I have titanium plates reinforcing multiple fracture wounds that go all the way up my forearm. So, if you have a way to attach it without damaging my arm further or removing my arm altogether, by all means, go ahead."
"Oh trust me, I've done the same on this poor fellow's body" He indicates himself"When he's been much worse, this won't hurt a bit, that's a lie."

"Sorry, give me a minute," he brings a syringe,"Would you like to be conscious during this operation?"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 03:00 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 02:28 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "If I did have to be stuck with you, then that would be fine...I would much rather prefer your company over the others. But leaving Umbra stuck with them seems mean..." She sighed and sat down. "Hm...what's it like, going from a purely psychic entity to one with a sort of physical body?"

"Thankfully, it's not too traumatic. It's kind of hard to describe, though..."

"I'm sure it is...even just being stuck without an actual body for a it was odd to say the least. But being like that always...it's odd to think about. It makes me curious, honestly..."

(09-26-2015, 04:25 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "I'm sure it is...even just being stuck without an actual body for a it was odd to say the least. But being like that always...it's odd to think about. It makes me curious, honestly..."

"Well, it's purely a matter of being able to exist outside certain constraints. I don't really feel any different than I do when I'm not out here."

"We might get back soon... We've been moving for a while."

(09-26-2015, 04:21 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 03:48 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim sighs. "It's okay Umbra." He turns to the AI. "Kitten, was it? I'm not as 'frail' as you seem to think I am. Good luck trying to attach that to me, though. The nerve endings are too damaged near the wound, and the only fully functional ones are at least three or four inches into my arm. Plus, I have titanium plates reinforcing multiple fracture wounds that go all the way up my forearm. So, if you have a way to attach it without damaging my arm further or removing my arm altogether, by all means, go ahead."
"Oh trust me, I've done the same on this poor fellow's body" He indicates himself"When he's been much worse, this won't hurt a bit, that's a lie."

"Sorry, give me a minute," he brings a syringe,"Would you like to be conscious during this operation?"

Tim gulps. "What exactly will this new hand do? Other than replace my hand, of course."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 04:54 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 04:21 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "Oh trust me, I've done the same on this poor fellow's body" He indicates himself"When he's been much worse, this won't hurt a bit, that's a lie."

Tim gulps. "What exactly will this new hand do? Other than replace my hand, of course."
"Operate exactly the same, give you the capacity to at least, tow a battleship. It's also capable of growing an artificial nervous system and repairing any lost limbs or heads or such... If you have your head blown off at least you'll look nice for the funeral." he grins."I should not have been programmed with humor. I believe this is standardised equipment for the modern Republic." His head is buried in a box his tiger cub has dragged over.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 09-26-2015

(09-26-2015, 05:13 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 04:54 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim gulps. "What exactly will this new hand do? Other than replace my hand, of course."
"Operate exactly the same, give you the capacity to at least, tow a battleship. It's also capable of growing an artificial nervous system and repairing any lost limbs or heads or such... If you have your head blown off at least you'll look nice for the funeral." he grins."I should not have been programmed with humor. I believe this is standardised equipment for the modern Republic." His head is buried in a box his tiger cub has dragged over.
*a drone flies Over, and hovers a few feet from tims head*
*a static crackle come out of the drone*

(09-26-2015, 10:56 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 05:13 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "Operate exactly the same, give you the capacity to at least, tow a battleship. It's also capable of growing an artificial nervous system and repairing any lost limbs or heads or such... If you have your head blown off at least you'll look nice for the funeral." he grins."I should not have been programmed with humor. I believe this is standardised equipment for the modern Republic." His head is buried in a box his tiger cub has dragged over.
*a drone flies Over, and hovers a few feet from tims head*

"Yeah, yeah. I need to help this guy one sec. He's hand-icapped, not exactly a fun condition."

(09-26-2015, 05:13 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 04:54 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim gulps. "What exactly will this new hand do? Other than replace my hand, of course."

(09-26-2015, 11:46 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 10:56 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a drone flies Over, and hovers a few feet from tims head*

"Yeah, yeah. I need to help this guy one sec. He's hand-icapped, not exactly a fun condition."

Tim laughs sarcastically. "Wow, I might think that was funny, if I wasn't the one who lost a hand. Anyway, are there any drawbacks? Also, what's with the drone?"

(09-26-2015, 03:04 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 05:13 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "Operate exactly the same, give you the capacity to at least, tow a battleship. It's also capable of growing an artificial nervous system and repairing any lost limbs or heads or such... If you have your head blown off at least you'll look nice for the funeral." he grins."I should not have been programmed with humor. I believe this is standardised equipment for the modern Republic." His head is buried in a box his tiger cub has dragged over.

(09-26-2015, 11:46 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:

Tim laughs sarcastically. "Wow, I might think that was funny, if I wasn't the one who lost a hand. Anyway, are there any drawbacks? Also, what's with the drone?"
"Draw backs include any EMPs rendering your arm useless, the drone... I actually don't know..."he scratches his chin with a knife before assembling a surgical kit

(09-26-2015, 03:06 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 03:04 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim laughs sarcastically. "Wow, I might think that was funny, if I wasn't the one who lost a hand. Anyway, are there any drawbacks? Also, what's with the drone?"
"Draw backs include any EMPs rendering your arm useless, the drone... I actually don't know..."he scratches his chin with a knife before assembling a surgical kit

"Useless for how long? I'd rather not have to replace it more than once."

"Survivor, engage hostile." Screams and robotic movement can be heard somewhere in the base.
"He's fine."Kitten waves off the hand as a head rolls into the open."Completely fine."

(09-26-2015, 03:10 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 03:06 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "Draw backs include any EMPs rendering your arm useless, the drone... I actually don't know..."he scratches his chin with a knife before assembling a surgical kit

"Useless for how long? I'd rather not have to replace it more than once."
"As long as it takes for servers to reconnect and the organi-bots to reconstruct any damage, at max a few seconds to 5 minutes"Kitten starts to put together some pieces of flesh, what looks like an artificial arm and some artificial muscles. He then moves over to a canister of what appears to be a mass of many, many almost invisibly small objects next to a nervous system made of something metallic."Ready?" He looks up

(09-26-2015, 03:10 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "Survivor, engage hostile." Screams and robotic movement can be heard somewhere in the base.
"He's fine."Kitten waves off the hand as a head rolls into the open."Completely fine."

(09-26-2015, 03:10 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: "Useless for how long? I'd rather not have to replace it more than once."
"As long as it takes for servers to reconnect and the organi-bots to reconstruct any damage, at max a few seconds to 5 minutes"Kitten starts to put together some pieces of flesh, what looks like an artificial arm and some artificial muscles. He then moves over to a canister of what appears to be a mass of many, many almost invisibly small objects next to a nervous system made of something metallic."Ready?" He looks up

"Wait, why an entire arm? I only lost my hand."

(09-26-2015, 03:18 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 03:10 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "Survivor, engage hostile." Screams and robotic movement can be heard somewhere in the base.

"Wait, why an entire arm? I only lost my hand."
"Trust me, the nerves are a tad damaged, also, a few jungle viruses you might wanna check out. The arm thing is mainly a casing though."He waves a hollow socket as he uses the other hand to cock a pistol with two fingers and another over the trigger, aiming at anything that moves.
"I've dealt with people who've lost their faces to giant cocking spiders, how hard can a hand be?"He mutters to himself, mumbling something about cleaning department and a Human Colony ship.

(09-26-2015, 03:20 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 03:18 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: "Wait, why an entire arm? I only lost my hand."
"Trust me, the nerves are a tad damaged, also, a few jungle viruses you might wanna check out. The arm thing is mainly a casing though."He waves a hollow socket as he uses the other hand to cock a pistol with two fingers and another over the trigger, aiming at anything that moves.

Tim rubs his eyes for a moment. He finally sighs. "Okay, I'm ready. Just, make it as quick as you can." He then slowly removes his bandages, revealing the wound, which looked like it had barely healed.

(09-26-2015, 03:25 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(09-26-2015, 03:20 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: "Trust me, the nerves are a tad damaged, also, a few jungle viruses you might wanna check out. The arm thing is mainly a casing though."He waves a hollow socket as he uses the other hand to cock a pistol with two fingers and another over the trigger, aiming at anything that moves.

Tim rubs his eyes for a moment. He finally sighs. "Okay, I'm ready. Just, make it as quick as you can." He then slowly removes his bandages, revealing the wound, which looked like it had barely healed.
"Oh, that's nasty. I'm not calibrated to judge a human's pain, a giant tank sized spider's yes, a wolf's, certainly, this will hurt quite bit." He pulls out what looks like a paper thin sword, besides the fact that when he gently nicks it on the floor, the floor smoulders slightly and then grabs the capsule full of the tiny things."So, sorry about this."The nano-bots enter his system, cleaning out infections and damaged tissue