Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 10-06-2015

(10-06-2015, 04:01 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-06-2015, 01:31 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he laughs to himself*
"I think he's been exposed to Showtime a little too much."
*he begins to read the message*

His handwriting isn't exactly the best, but it reads as follows...

Hey there,
If you're reading this note, you're probably wondering where I am.
The answer? I'm up in the mountains.
Don't worry, I'm fine. I just thought I'd explore the mountain a little.
The Enigmas (Superego and the others) are going to take good care of me while I'm out.
I'll return tomorrow in 2 3 a few days.
^- That's what I get for writing in pen.
I'll return eventually- I just don't know when. Depends on how well the trip goes.
Oh, and give this to someone trustworthy.
Said trustworthy person: Please make sure nobody burns down the 'town' or anything.

(10-06-2015, 01:16 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: Danu yawns and stretches, coming out to her garden wearing a green sweater over a white shirt and jeans. She turns and goes around to the shed in the yard, getting out a rake and gathering up some of the falling leaves.
*he takes the message off the wall and walks towards danu*
"Good evening Duna, I have a message from umbra."

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-07-2015

// maybe ill do a thing
*without regular maintenance on the containment system, the green crystal has been slowly but steadily spreading, eating a hole in the forest as it makes it's way towards town*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 01:48 PM)Marxon Wrote: // maybe ill do a thing
*without regular maintenance on the containment system, the green crystal has been slowly but steadily spreading, eating a hole in the forest as it makes it's way towards town*
Kitten is nowhere to be seen, however a team of his hazmat bots are hanging around the perimeter with grenade launchers and several airborne drones fly overhead with a payload large enough to perfectly level the entire forest without even touching the town if necessary.
"Hazardous Materials, identified: Tiberium. Please stay back until infection is contained or destroyed, enjoy your day."A bot repeats consistently every ten minutes.
//Yay! Marxon is back

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-07-2015

It couldn't be a more 'perfect' time for Umbra to come back. He just walks back inside and shuts the door, needing to change out of heavy winter clothing.

Some time later, he comes back out, dressed normally.
"Well, it doesn't look like anything went wrong..."
He walks toward the forest and notices the tiberium.
"...And, as always, I spoke too soon. Looks like whatever SE did wore off... Great."

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-07-2015

*an alarm has been blaring from deep within marx's bunker, a muffled warning voice can be heard but not understood from outside. About an hour after it started, a fireball streaks across the sky and lands just outside of town, near Marx's backyard*

(10-07-2015, 03:19 PM)Marxon Wrote: *an alarm has been blaring from deep within marx's bunker, a muffled warning voice can be heard but not understood from outside. About an hour after it started, a fireball streaks across the sky and lands just outside of town, near Marx's backyard*

Umbra jumps from the noise made by the crash, turning to see the aftermath- whatever it may be.
"I should have just stayed in the mountains... It'd be great if there was a way to get rid of this tiberium stuff for good, too..."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 03:22 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 03:19 PM)Marxon Wrote: *an alarm has been blaring from deep within marx's bunker, a muffled warning voice can be heard but not understood from outside. About an hour after it started, a fireball streaks across the sky and lands just outside of town, near Marx's backyard*

Umbra jumps from the noise made by the crash, turning to see the aftermath- whatever it may be.
"I should have just stayed in the mountains... It'd be great if there was a way to get rid of this tiberium stuff for good, too..."
*theres no smoke coming from the impact, which means whatever hit is probably intact*

(10-07-2015, 04:05 PM)Marxon Wrote: *theres no smoke coming from the impact, which means whatever hit is probably intact*

He slowly approaches the object...

(10-07-2015, 04:18 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 04:05 PM)Marxon Wrote: *theres no smoke coming from the impact, which means whatever hit is probably intact*

He slowly approaches the object...
*upon closer inspection it looks like some sort of weapon satellite, on the side is written "Q.A.S.A.R." Next to it is a small access panel with the door ajar and a "seemingly" frayed cable hanging out, as its end is made up of dozens of equal length filaments*

(10-07-2015, 05:40 PM)Marxon Wrote: *upon closer inspection it looks like some sort of weapon satellite, on the side is written "Q.A.S.A.R." Next to it is a small access panel with the door ajar and a "seemingly" frayed cable hanging out, as its end is made up of dozens of equal length filaments*

"...Well... No idea what this is."

(10-07-2015, 05:59 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 05:40 PM)Marxon Wrote: *upon closer inspection it looks like some sort of weapon satellite, on the side is written "Q.A.S.A.R." Next to it is a small access panel with the door ajar and a "seemingly" frayed cable hanging out, as its end is made up of dozens of equal length filaments*

"...Well... No idea what this is."
*some maneuvering thrusters start firing, and the sattellite rolls in the dirt slowly until the barrel is aimed right at Umbra, then it immediately stops*

(10-07-2015, 06:05 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 05:59 PM)Umbra Wrote: "...Well... No idea what this is."
*some maneuvering thrusters start firing, and the sattellite rolls in the dirt slowly until the barrel is aimed right at Umbra, then it immediately stops*

His eyes go wide, and Umbra steps out of the line of fire.
"That's, uh... Not good..."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 06:33 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 06:05 PM)Marxon Wrote: *some maneuvering thrusters start firing, and the sattellite rolls in the dirt slowly until the barrel is aimed right at Umbra, then it immediately stops*

*he walks up behind the satellite*
Why does this place have a tendency to have stuff fall from orbit?

(10-07-2015, 07:11 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 06:33 PM)Umbra Wrote: His eyes go wide, and Umbra steps out of the line of fire.

*he walks up behind the satellite*

"I dunno... Last I checked, we don't even have a solar system. All I did was build off what was already there... Maybe there's a bunch of portals opening in other dimensions?"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 07:54 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 07:11 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he walks up behind the satellite*

"I dunno... Last I checked, we don't even have a solar system. All I did was build off what was already there... Maybe there's a bunch of portals opening in other dimensions?"

That would explain the rifts...
*a small rift opens on the door of umbras house*

(10-07-2015, 08:07 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 07:54 PM)Umbra Wrote: "I dunno... Last I checked, we don't even have a solar system. All I did was build off what was already there... Maybe there's a bunch of portals opening in other dimensions?"

That would explain the rifts...
*a small rift opens on the door of umbras house*

"Rifts?... You mean the blotches?" Umbra tears a live branch off a tree nearby and tosses it into the rift.

(10-07-2015, 06:33 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 06:05 PM)Marxon Wrote: *some maneuvering thrusters start firing, and the sattellite rolls in the dirt slowly until the barrel is aimed right at Umbra, then it immediately stops*

*it moves again to face him, then the weapon assembly comes to life. A small orb of pure darkness collects at the tip, sucking light, sound, and heat into it, making the immediate area so cold frost was forming, everything looked dimmer, and the only sound was a deep thrumming noise, apparently the machine was still active*

(10-07-2015, 09:10 PM)Marxon Wrote: *it moves again to face him, then the weapon assembly comes to life. A small orb of pure darkness collects at the tip, sucking light, sound, and heat into it, making the immediate area so cold frost was forming, everything looked dimmer, and the only sound was a deep thrumming noise, apparently the machine was still active*

"...Oh god."
Superego suddenly appears, the white crystal spinning in front of him. Soon after, the dark orb is bombarded by a beam of light.

(10-07-2015, 09:25 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 09:10 PM)Marxon Wrote: *it moves again to face him, then the weapon assembly comes to life. A small orb of pure darkness collects at the tip, sucking light, sound, and heat into it, making the immediate area so cold frost was forming, everything looked dimmer, and the only sound was a deep thrumming noise, apparently the machine was still active*

"...Oh god."
Superego suddenly appears, the white crystal spinning in front of him. Soon after, the dark orb is bombarded by a beam of light.
*the weapon's firing cycle is reset, and while it charges the thrusters don't fire, leaving time to access the control panel if the process is repeated, otherwise it violently bounces about on the ground*

(10-07-2015, 09:45 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the weapon's firing cycle is reset, and while it charges the thrusters don't fire, leaving time to access the control panel if the process is repeated, otherwise it violently bounces about on the ground*

"You'd better go power it down."
"Oh. Right." Umbra gets to the control panel while SE charges and fires light blasts as necessary.
Umbra examines the panel.
"Uh... Oh, screw it." He takes out his cutter tool and severs every wire he can.