Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 10:04 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 09:45 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the weapon's firing cycle is reset, and while it charges the thrusters don't fire, leaving time to access the control panel if the process is repeated, otherwise it violently bounces about on the ground*

"You'd better go power it down."
"Oh. Right." Umbra gets to the control panel while SE charges and fires light blasts as necessary.
Umbra examines the panel.
"Uh... Oh, screw it." He takes out his cutter tool and severs every wire he can.
*the screen says "attach uplink device" and only one cable is accessible, the port for which you probably just hacked off, locking you out*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 10:06 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the screen says "attach uplink device" and only one cable is accessible, the port for which you probably just hacked off, locking you out*

"Uh..." Umbra looks at the broken port. "...Great. Well, I didn't have an 'uplink device' anyway, so..." He starts looking for anything that could be a power source.

(10-07-2015, 10:18 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 10:06 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the screen says "attach uplink device" and only one cable is accessible, the port for which you probably just hacked off, locking you out*

"Uh..." Umbra looks at the proken port. "...Great. Well, I didn't have an 'uplink device' anyway, so..." He starts looking for anything that could be a power source.
*the cable becomes animate and darts for the nearest electronic device he's carrying and latches onto it, the screen on the sattellite then flashes "uplink accepted"*

(10-07-2015, 10:19 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the cable becomes animate and darts for the nearest electronic device he's carrying and latches onto it, the screen on the sattellite then flashes "uplink accepted"*

// Uh, problem with that... <~>
The cable ends up whacking different parts of Umbra's body, as he isn't carrying anything electronic.
"Ow! Hey!" He grabs the thing so it stops squirming around.

(10-07-2015, 10:24 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 10:19 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the cable becomes animate and darts for the nearest electronic device he's carrying and latches onto it, the screen on the sattellite then flashes "uplink accepted"*

// Uh, problem with that... <~>
The cable ends up whacking different parts of Umbra's body, as he isn't carrying anything electronic.
"Ow! Hey!" He grabs the thing so it stops squirming around.
*the tendrils pierce the skin of his right hand and instantly paralyzes it, at the same time a virtual hand appears on screen with a bunch of options to select, one of them being "targeting profiles". Any attempts to move his arm are reflected on the screen as movement, and the resulting uplink starts very spaztic, becomes more and more natural as he would inevitably struggle. The screen simply displays "Calibration in progress"*

// nerves are electronic, so we'll use that
// also it takes a lot of energy to just cancel out a weapon of this power, considering it annihilates matter and seems to warp space.

(10-07-2015, 10:32 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the tendrils pierce the skin of his right hand and instantly paralyzes it, at the same time a virtual hand appears on screen with a bunch of options to select, one of them being "targeting profiles". Any attempts to move his arm are reflected on the screen as movement, and the resulting uplink starts very spaztic, becomes more and more natural as he would inevitably struggle. The screen simply displays "Calibration in progress"*

// also it takes a lot of energy to just cancel out a weapon of this power, considering it annihilates matter and seems to warp space.

// I'm taking that into account. Umbra will most likely pass out after SE demanifests... The Enigmas borrow Magicka (Skyrim's version of mana) from Umbra's supply when they're manifested unless they can find a secondary source.
// Since Umbra's pool is connected to his overall, ah... Awakeness, whatever is used up visibly shows. however, the tolls only take affect after they demanifest- hence why Umbra usually staggers after one of them does so rather than when they appear.
// SE's 'cost' is higher than the other fours' combined, so there will definitely be some withdrawal for a while.

"ARGH!" Umbra does, indeed, struggle, but eventually realizes what's happening.
"...Oh... Well. Guess I'll just keep a tablet or something with me from now on, then..." He waits for the calibration.
"Could you hurry up? I can't fire light forever, and you know what'll happen at this rate..."
"I'm going as fast as I can! I don't really mind going unconscious for a while, anyway- just demanifest when I'm in bed, okay?"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 10-07-2015

(10-07-2015, 08:11 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 08:07 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: That would explain the rifts...
*a small rift opens on the door of umbras house*

"Rifts?... You mean the blotches?" Umbra tears a live branch off a tree nearby and tosses it into the rift.

*it bounces off, and begins to spread*

(10-07-2015, 10:49 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 10:32 PM)Marxon Wrote: *the tendrils pierce the skin of his right hand and instantly paralyzes it, at the same time a virtual hand appears on screen with a bunch of options to select, one of them being "targeting profiles". Any attempts to move his arm are reflected on the screen as movement, and the resulting uplink starts very spaztic, becomes more and more natural as he would inevitably struggle. The screen simply displays "Calibration in progress"*

// I'm taking that into account. Umbra will most likely pass out after SE demanifests... The Enigmas borrow Magicka (Skyrim's version of mana) from Umbra's supply when they're manifested unless they can find a secondary source.
// Since Umbra's pool is connected to his overall, ah... Awakeness, whatever is used up visibly shows. however, the tolls only take affect after they demanifest- hence why Umbra usually staggers after one of them does so rather than when they appear.
// SE's 'cost' is higher than the other fours' combined, so there will definitely be some withdrawal for a while.

"...Oh... Well. Guess I'll just keep a tablet or something with me from now on, then..." He waits for the calibration.
"Could you hurry up? I can't fire light forever, and you know what'll happen at this rate..."
"I'm going as fast as I can! I don't really mind going unconscious for a while, anyway- just demanifest when I'm in bed, okay?"

*he ducks for cover and shoots a green bean at umbra, that makes him feel energized*

(10-07-2015, 11:08 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *it bounces off, and begins to spread*

"Oh, great... Guess they're not accepting organic matter anymore. Well, there goes my house."
// You do know that wood is an organic material, right? It's made out of plant cells.

Quote:*he ducks for cover and shoots a green bean at umbra, that makes him feel energized*

Umbra jolts a little.
"Uh... That won't exactly help. What would help, though, is removing that blotch." He gestures to the rift with his free hand.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 10-08-2015

(10-07-2015, 11:40 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-07-2015, 11:08 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *it bounces off, and begins to spread*

"Oh, great... Guess they're not accepting organic matter anymore. Well, there goes my house."
// You do know that wood is an organic material, right? It's made out of plant cells.

Quote:*he ducks for cover and shoots a green bean at umbra, that makes him feel energized*

Umbra jolts a little.
"Uh... That won't exactly help. What would help, though, is removing that blotch." He gestures to the rift with his free hand.
//yes I know, you'll see what's going to happen, you'll see...

Can't do anything about it.
Mabey one of your brain ghost could help.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 12:22 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: Can't do anything about it.

"I'm not a 'brain ghost.'"
"What he said, and I can't get any more out. You could at least throw an apple or something in..."

(10-08-2015, 12:39 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 12:22 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: Can't do anything about it.

"I'm not a 'brain ghost.'"
"What he said, and I can't get any more out. You could at least throw an apple or something in..."
*he quickly grabs a handful of fruit from umbra's cabinits, and begin to chuck them at the blotches, and they just get sucked in, rift not closing*

(10-08-2015, 12:50 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he quickly grabs a handful of fruit from umbra's cabinits, and begin to chuck them at the blotches, and they just get sucked in, rift not closing*

"Okay, you can stop that now... Well, looks like I won't have a house in a while... Great..."

(10-08-2015, 01:09 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 12:50 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he quickly grabs a handful of fruit from umbra's cabinits, and begin to chuck them at the blotches, and they just get sucked in, rift not closing*

"Okay, you can stop that now... Well, looks like I won't have a house in a while... Great..."
Fine, what's that thing in your hand anyways?
*the blotches slowly start to spread*

(10-08-2015, 01:25 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 01:09 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Okay, you can stop that now... Well, looks like I won't have a house in a while... Great..."
Fine, what's that thing in your hand anyways?

"Well, uh... It seems a satellite connected to me. Oh, since you were in my house... Can you go back in there and grab something from my living room? It's a metal box- it should be on the ground by itself."

(10-08-2015, 01:36 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 01:25 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: Fine, what's that thing in your hand anyways?

"Well, uh... It seems a satellite connected to me. Oh, since you were in my house... Can you go back in there and grab something from my living room? It's a metal box- it should be on the ground by itself."

"Shure. What's in it anyways?"
*He heads towards the door*

(10-08-2015, 01:39 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: "Shure. What's in it anyways?"

"Well, uh... it's shaped like a box."

(10-08-2015, 02:00 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 01:39 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: "Shure. What's in it anyways?"

"Well, uh... it's shaped like a box."

That's not what I asked...
*he runs into the house and searches for the box*

(10-08-2015, 02:30 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: That's not what I asked...

Sure enough, there's a metal box in the living room, sitting there by itself... Funnily enough, it seems as if it isn't even a box- just box-shaped. There's what looks like a button for a foot and an unactivated light, as well as a strange groove of some sort on the top.

(10-08-2015, 02:37 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 02:30 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: That's not what I asked...

Sure enough, there's a metal box in the living room, sitting there by itself... Funnily enough, it seems as if it isn't even a box- just box-shaped. There's what looks like a button for a foot and an unactivated light, as well as a strange groove of some sort on the top.

Huh, so this is what umbras been up to.
*he picks the box up and begins to leave the house*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-08-2015

(10-07-2015, 10:49 PM)Umbra Wrote:

*most options seem useless, navigation, system log, setup, targeting profiles, might as well try fiddling around with it*