Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 02:56 AM)Marxon Wrote: *most options seem useless, navigation, system log, setup, targeting profiles, might as well try fiddling around with it*

"Hmm... Maybe setup?..." Umbra selects the option he just named.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-08-2015

(10-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 02:56 AM)Marxon Wrote: *most options seem useless, navigation, system log, setup, targeting profiles, might as well try fiddling around with it*

"Hmm... Maybe setup?..." Umbra selects the option he just named.
*an incredibly confusing set of config options in an unknown language appear, meanwhile the weapon has attempted to fire, 17 times*

(10-08-2015, 03:21 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 03:20 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Hmm... Maybe setup?..." Umbra selects the option he just named.
*an incredibly confusing set of config options in an unknown language appear, meanwhile the weapon has attempted to fire, 17 times*

"...Going back." He goes back to the menu and selects targeting profiles instead.
"Can't you just cut off the firing end? I'm starting to get worried about what'll happen."
"I kind of can't right now... I'm stuck over here. And relax, it's getting dark... If you really need a simple solution, you could probably do something with the dark energy it's creating instead of nullifying it..."

(10-08-2015, 03:27 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 03:21 AM)Marxon Wrote: *an incredibly confusing set of config options in an unknown language appear, meanwhile the weapon has attempted to fire, 17 times*

"...Going back." He goes back to the menu and selects targeting profiles instead.
"Can't you just cut off the firing end? I'm starting to get worried about what'll happen."
"I kind of can't right now... I'm stuck over here. And relax, it's getting dark... If you really need a simple solution, you could probably do something with the dark energy it's creating instead of nullifying it..."
*oddly enough, the only entries are of common space junk, but one has umbra's silhouette, in perfect detail*

(10-08-2015, 03:33 AM)Marxon Wrote: *oddly enough, the only entries are of common space junk, but one has umbra's silhouette, in perfect detail*

"Odd... Why am I on there?" He deletes it without a second thought.
"Wait a minute... If you're at the control panel, then why was it targeting me? I look nothing like you."
"Maybe a glitch in the system, or it kept firing anyway... I'm more worried about why I was in the targeting profile menu."

(10-08-2015, 03:36 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 03:33 AM)Marxon Wrote: *oddly enough, the only entries are of common space junk, but one has umbra's silhouette, in perfect detail*

"Odd... Why am I on there?" He deletes it without a second thought.
"Wait a minute... If you're at the control panel, then why was it targeting me? I look nothing like you."
"Maybe a glitch in the system, or it kept firing anyway... I'm more worried about why I was in the targeting profile menu."
*the system log still hasn't been checked*

(10-08-2015, 03:42 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the system log still hasn't been checked*

"I guess I could check the system log... Maybe that has the answer?"
"You might as well."
Umbra goes back to the menu and looks at the log.
// By the way, did the dark energy cannon stop firing?

(10-08-2015, 03:45 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 03:42 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the system log still hasn't been checked*

"I guess I could check the system log... Maybe that has the answer?"
"You might as well."
Umbra goes back to the menu and looks at the log.
// By the way, did the dark energy cannon stop firing?
*the log goes as follows*

-Warn: did not receive monthly course correction data
-1 class 3 NPO annihilated, distance: 500 km
-ERROR: Decaying trajectory, re entry in 3 days

-Temperature spike
-IMPACT EVENT
-Interfacing with device: NaN%27ENTROPY
-logging disabled

(10-08-2015, 03:58 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the log goes as follows*

-Temperature spike
-IMPACT EVENT
-logging disabled

"Entropy?... Is that just a generic system name, or... Is that the name of an AI?"
"It might be you. Then again, it could have interfaced with something else when it landed. If that's the case, I hope 'Entropy' isn't a sentient being..."
Umbra navigates back to the menu.
Meanwhile, SE's gray outline has turned black, and the light he emitted before completely fades. However, he is still illuminated.
"I should probably get some rest... Could you get my bedroll out for me? I'll have to sleep here tonight..."
SE does as he was asked, and Umbra slips in. He leaves the connected hand outside the thick, beige blanket and drifts off.
The pink-purple being stands guard nearby, both crystals hovering nearby in midair.

// I'm just going to assume it stopped firing.
// I also have to sleep now... G'night.

(10-08-2015, 04:42 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 03:58 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the log goes as follows*

-Temperature spike
-IMPACT EVENT
-logging disabled

"Entropy?... Is that just a generic system name, or... Is that the name of an AI?"
"It might be you. Then again, it could have interfaced with something else when it landed. If that's the case, I hope 'Entropy' isn't a sentient being..."
Umbra navigates back to the menu.
Meanwhile, SE's gray outline has turned black, and the light he emitted before completely fades. However, he is still illuminated.
"I should probably get some rest... Could you get my bedroll out for me? I'll have to sleep here tonight..."
SE does as he was asked, and Umbra slips in. He leaves the connected hand outside the thick, beige blanket and drifts off.
The pink-purple being stands guard nearby, both crystals hovering nearby in midair.

// I'm just going to assume it stopped firing.
// I also have to sleep now... G'night.
*the cannon powers down and ejects a white hot spent power core that lands a few feet from umbra, generating equivalent radiant heat and light as a campfire would*

Umbra wakes up. Superego has vanished.
The Umbreon packs up his bedroll and opens the satellite's navigation menu.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Timtimthe2nd - 10-08-2015

Anyone out and about would hear Tim's Jeep fire up, followed by a triumphant shout from Tim. He hops in, and drives it around town, generally looking to see if anybody needed anything.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-09-2015

(10-08-2015, 11:41 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Anyone out and about would hear Tim's Jeep fire up, followed by a triumphant shout from Tim. He hops in, and drives it around town, generally looking to see if anybody needed anything.

"Well, aren't you excited?" Umbra's right hand is still attached to the orbital cannon.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Timtimthe2nd - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 12:00 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 11:41 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Anyone out and about would hear Tim's Jeep fire up, followed by a triumphant shout from Tim. He hops in, and drives it around town, generally looking to see if anybody needed anything.

"Well, aren't you excited?" Umbra's right hand is still attached to the orbital cannon.

Tim drives over to Umbra, parking next to the house. "I found some spare parts in-" he cuts off as he notices Umbra's hand. "That doesn't look healthy."

(10-09-2015, 12:14 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim drives over to Umbra, parking next to the house. "I found some spare parts in-" he cuts off as he notices Umbra's hand. "That doesn't look healthy."

"Yeah... I'm trying to figure out how to move this and how to get this cable out of my hand without breaking anything."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 01:14 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 12:14 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim drives over to Umbra, parking next to the house. "I found some spare parts in-" he cuts off as he notices Umbra's hand. "That doesn't look healthy."

"Yeah... I'm trying to figure out how to move this and how to get this cable out of my hand without breaking anything."
*the cable randomly retracts and the screen says "user timeout" and the weapon charges again, this time in half a second and fires a beam of warped space and blackness at a faraway mountain, which ceases to exist*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 04:08 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 01:14 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Yeah... I'm trying to figure out how to move this and how to get this cable out of my hand without breaking anything."
*the cable randomly retracts and the screen says "user timeout" and the weapon charges again, this time in half a second and fires a beam of warped space and blackness at a faraway mountain, which ceases to exist*
Incoherent screaming somehow carries from the mountain through multiple speakers set up throughout the town, a few seconds later and Kitten has returned fire with a railgun.

(10-09-2015, 04:08 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the cable randomly retracts and the screen says "user timeout" and the weapon charges again, this time in half a second and fires a beam of warped space and blackness at a faraway mountain, which ceases to exist*

"Eep!" Umbra jumps at the sound of blast and the mountain's sudden disappearance. "Well... That's going to take a really long time to regenerate..."
He takes out his cutter and eyes the area just behind the firing end...
"I was hoping to just move this somewhere safe, but..."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 04:17 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 04:08 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the cable randomly retracts and the screen says "user timeout" and the weapon charges again, this time in half a second and fires a beam of warped space and blackness at a faraway mountain, which ceases to exist*
Incoherent screaming somehow carries from the mountain through multiple speakers set up throughout the town, a few seconds later and Kitten has returned fire with a railgun.
*the mountain was a different mountain, and the entire top half is, simply gone*

// Q.A.S.A.R. stands for Quantum Annihilator Selective Aperture Rig, basically uses a supercompact helical particle accelerator to bombard the target with a beam of exotic particles, to the point it's structure down to a quantum level is compromised, resulting in it basically shredding space apart, the reason its only used in space is because sometimes it leaks, so...

*umbra has a rather high chance to have been exposed to a dose of radiation just shy of irreparable damage, though he would definitely feel more sick than ever in his life*

(10-09-2015, 04:21 AM)Umbra Wrote:

"Eep!" Umbra jumps at the sound of blast and the mountain's sudden disappearance. "Well... That's going to take a really long time to regenerate..."
He takes out his cutter and eyes the area just behind the firing end...
"I was hoping to just move this somewhere safe, but..."
// Just want to say, breaching containment on this thing after it just fired would be like putting umbra in the large hadron collider while it runs, theres a reason its made with metal strong enough to survive re entry and impact without buckling.

(10-09-2015, 04:28 AM)Marxon Wrote: // Q.A.S.A.R. stands for Quantum Annihilator Selective Aperture Rig, basically uses a supercompact helical particle accelerator to bombard the target with a beam of exotic particles, to the point it's structure down to a quantum level is compromised, resulting in it basically shredding space apart, the reason its only used in space is because sometimes it leaks, so...

*umbra has a rather high chance to have been exposed to a dose of radiation just shy of irreparable damage, though he would definitely feel more sick than ever in his life*

// Just want to say, breaching containment on this thing after it just fired would be like putting umbra in the large hadron collider while it runs, theres a reason its made with metal strong enough to survive re entry and impact without buckling.

// Well, I'm not going to leave a weapon that can erase entire mountains activated in the 'town.'
"Oog... This thing's gotta go..." Umbra takes out a vial of blue liquid and ingests it.
Then, Empathy appears.
"I need your help moving this thing... I think you know where to put it."
"Right." The blue phantasm speeds away towards the ocean.