Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 04:42 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 04:28 AM)Marxon Wrote: // Q.A.S.A.R. stands for Quantum Annihilator Selective Aperture Rig, basically uses a supercompact helical particle accelerator to bombard the target with a beam of exotic particles, to the point it's structure down to a quantum level is compromised, resulting in it basically shredding space apart, the reason its only used in space is because sometimes it leaks, so...

*umbra has a rather high chance to have been exposed to a dose of radiation just shy of irreparable damage, though he would definitely feel more sick than ever in his life*

// Just want to say, breaching containment on this thing after it just fired would be like putting umbra in the large hadron collider while it runs, theres a reason its made with metal strong enough to survive re entry and impact without buckling.

// Well, I'm not going to leave a weapon that can erase entire mountains activated in the 'town.'
"Oog... This thing's gotta go..." Umbra takes out a vial of blue liquid and ingests it.
Then, Empathy appears.
"I need your help moving this thing... I think you know where to put it."
"Right." The blue phantasm speeds away towards the ocean.
// ideally it needs to go back into orbit where it belongs, it's not just luck that nothing bigger than a car has landed on the town despite frequent meteor showers
*meanwhile the alert from Marxon's bunker becomes more dire, and if you can listen carefully you could hear the following loop in a droning female voice*

"Alert, manual monthly course correction not submitted, multiple Sky shield sattellites in decaying orbit, hole in coverage currently over population center"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 04:48 AM)Marxon Wrote: // ideally it needs to go back into orbit where it belongs, it's not just luck that nothing bigger than a car has landed on the town despite frequent meteor showers
*meanwhile the alert from Marxon's bunker becomes more dire, and if you can listen carefully you could hear the following loop in a droning female voice*

"Alert, manual monthly course correction not submitted, multiple Sky shield sattellites in decaying orbit, hole in coverage currently over population center"

// All right, change of plan then.
"...That's not good."
Can you hurry it up? I think we're in trouble.
Hold on! I almost have enough Magicka for the job...

(10-09-2015, 04:50 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 04:48 AM)Marxon Wrote: // ideally it needs to go back into orbit where it belongs, it's not just luck that nothing bigger than a car has landed on the town despite frequent meteor showers

// All right, change of plan then.
"...That's not good."
Can you hurry it up? I think we're in trouble.
Hold on! I almost have enough Magicka for the job...
*multiple warning lights start spinning as the sattellite is disturbed, it does not seem to like being moved around.

Meanwhile the effects of radiation poisoning would start to kick in, a pounding headache, nausea, some vomiting, and intense burning sensation on the surface of the skin, this thing vents radiation after it fires, and the longer umbra is near it the greater chance the exposure could turn full on lethal*

// hope he doesn't mind widespread tumors if he sticks around, that and hair loss

(10-09-2015, 04:55 AM)Marxon Wrote: *multiple warning lights start spinning as the sattellite is disturbed, it does not seem to like being moved around.

Meanwhile the effects of radiation poisoning would start to kick in, a pounding headache, nausea, some vomiting, and intense burning sensation on the surface of the skin, this thing vents radiation after it fires, and the longer umbra is near it the greater chance the exposure could turn full on lethal*

// hope he doesn't mind widespread tumors if he sticks around, that and hair loss

// I kind of would mind that...
"Agh! That's it! I'm out!" Umbra runs off, outside of the range of the radiation.
The sound of roaring water closes in on the location...

(10-09-2015, 05:00 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 04:55 AM)Marxon Wrote: *multiple warning lights start spinning as the sattellite is disturbed, it does not seem to like being moved around.

// I kind of would mind that...
"Agh! That's it! I'm out!" Umbra runs off, outside of the range of the radiation.
The sound of roaring water closes in on the location...
// hope you realize though he's already had enough to make him very ill the moment it fired, and it's like 100 yards from the edge of town*

(10-09-2015, 05:01 AM)Marxon Wrote: // hope you realize though he's already had enough to make him very ill the moment it fired, and it's like 100 yards from the edge of town*

// I'm not an expert on radiation... Or pretty much anything scientific, for that matter. It would've been nice if you'd warned me about that earlier, because I didn't realize it...
The sound of rushing water reaches the town... And it happens to be Empathy riding a huge torrent of liquid. The currents converge and lift the satellite off the ground and then into space, Empathy following and regulating the phenomenon.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-09-2015

Kitten arrives in a M1A1 Abrams looking both pissed off and rather happy.
"What seems to be the situation and... ah, ah. That..."

(10-09-2015, 05:19 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Kitten arrives in a M1A1 Abrams looking both pissed off and rather happy.

"Just your average whirlpool carrying an orbital cannon into space... Ugh... I feel like utter shit... I hope Empathy finishes up up there soon..." He weakly stalks off toward the lake.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-09-2015

(10-09-2015, 05:39 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 05:19 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Kitten arrives in a M1A1 Abrams looking both pissed off and rather happy.

"Just your average whirlpool carrying an orbital cannon into space... Ugh... I feel like utter shit... I hope Empathy finishes up up there soon..." He weakly stalks off toward the lake.
Something inside Kitten's helmet is ticking... it sounds like a geiger counter.
"Is there something you've possibly missed out on considering that there seems to be a higher concentration of radiation than the regular conditions around here?"The tank moves slowly next to Umbra.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 10-09-2015

*he flies over, extreamly pissed*
Who in the hell just obliterated the mountains!
Do you know how much expensive equiptment was in there?!
Also, it killed that Rasputin guy!

*he lands, digging his claws into the soil*

(10-09-2015, 10:52 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *he flies over, extreamly pissed*
Who in the hell just obliterated the mountains!
Do you know how much expensive equiptment was in there?!
Also, it killed that Rasputin guy!

*he lands, digging his claws into the soil*
// again, wrong mountain... does anyone even listen?

(10-09-2015, 06:31 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Something inside Kitten's helmet is ticking... it sounds like a geiger counter.
"Is there something you've possibly missed out on considering that there seems to be a higher concentration of radiation than the regular conditions around here?"The tank moves slowly next to Umbra.

"Oh, so that's what it is... Great... I... I need to lie down..."

(10-09-2015, 11:34 AM)Marxon Wrote: // again, wrong mountain... does anyone even listen?

(10-09-2015, 04:08 AM)Marxon Wrote: *...a faraway mountain, which ceases to exist*

// To be fair, you never specified which mountain. If it was a faraway one, though, then I guess it's safe to assume it's not one anyone is using.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 10-09-2015

Danu looks up at the chaos from the center of the courtyard, glowing faintly because of a recent slice of ambrosia cake. 

While people would come and go all the time, she had indeed been taking care of the town.

All of the sidewalks were mended and pristine. The public gardens were fading for the year, but had new plantings and fresh mulch- promises for the next summer's blossoms.

She smiled as she looks to the sky, seeing a tidal wave somehow pushing a dangerous satellite back into orbit.

"Huh. I never thought of launching spaceships like that. Always thought the water would freeze and boil simultaneously and rob the craft of thrust before it reached escape velocity. Looks like someone found a way."

Meanwhile a rather small house has cropped up at the edge of town, a pair of bots are busy cleaning the windows while another two are standing guard, programmed with stereotypical medieval knight voices.
"Halt, who goes there!" One shouts as a leaf blows past

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-09-2015

*a large fireball enters the atmosphere, hurtling directly towards town, a few moments later a black beam strikes it and it's just... gone. All that remains is a minor sonic boom that occurs*

(10-09-2015, 05:06 PM)Marxon Wrote: *a large fireball enters the atmosphere, hurtling directly towards town, a few moments later a black beam strikes it and it's just... gone. All that remains is a minor sonic boom that occurs*

Umbra watches from atop a branch in a tree nearby Danu's house. Empathy is floating near him, doing... Something. There's light, but it's hard to tell what's even happening.
"So that's what the satellite was for..." He gazes at his old house, now claimed by a rift-blotch.

(10-09-2015, 06:10 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 05:06 PM)Marxon Wrote: *a large fireball enters the atmosphere, hurtling directly towards town, a few moments later a black beam strikes it and it's just... gone. All that remains is a minor sonic boom that occurs*

Umbra watches from atop a branch in a tree nearby Danu's house. Empathy is floating near him, doing... Something. There's light, but it's hard to tell what's even happening.
"So that's what the satellite was for..." He gazes at his old house, now claimed by a rift-blotch.
*the rifts begin to spread away from the base of the tree*

*he notics the blotch that had Concord umbra's tree*
"Intresting...."
*he begins to tread over to the tree*

(10-09-2015, 07:25 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the rifts begin to spread away from the base of the tree*

"Intresting...."

"Can you get rid of that, please?... Hm... Zyph never came back with what I asked him to get..."

(10-09-2015, 07:33 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-09-2015, 07:25 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the rifts begin to spread away from the base of the tree*

"Intresting...."

"Can you get rid of that, please?... Hm... Zyph never came back with what I asked him to get..."
*the box shatters and flies out the window, sending blotched glass in umbras genral direction*

"I could have, if the damn mountain haven't been destroyed."
*he slowly lowers his claw towards the blotch*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 10-09-2015

"What's going on Umbra?" Danu inquired of him as she made her way back to her house and noticed him in the tree.