Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 02:32 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 02:17 AM)Flarezerker Wrote: //Maybe some sort of cactaclysmic event could occur or something, tearing the very fabric of time and space... or we could just skip that and make a new thread. But I like my idea better.

//whooo actual in rp idea thumbs up.
//and call me a wimp(?) but we could let marxon come back due to the rip.

((Discussion is in progress about the best way to handle the transition.
Stay tuned!))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 07:38 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 02:32 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //whooo actual in rp idea thumbs up.
//and call me a wimp(?) but we could let marxon come back due to the rip.

((Discussion is in progress about the best way to handle the transition.
Stay tuned!))
//Adverts play, everyone gets bored and go gets refreshments

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 02:50 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(10-26-2015, 11:44 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //no people who die here are basically asses nobody likes, i doubt anybody would want to play a rp where every character is based on this.
//also people who haven't died are also not allowed into this as they well aren't dead yet.
//The idea was, if you were actually reading it, it was a side RP existing within this one for people like Marx who could still RP without having to be shouted at by literally everyone.
//And if all the assholes here were killed off then there would be considerably fewer RP character.
//Plus it's also an opportunity to introduce new concepts rather than the same conflict again, and again.

//were not looking for a side rp we are looking for a new main rp place.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 02:32 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //and call me a wimp(?) but we could let marxon come back due to the rip.

((no.))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 12:51 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 02:32 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //and call me a wimp(?) but we could let marxon come back due to the rip.

((no.))
// and why is that?

// why do you come out of literally nowhere just to say no?

(10-27-2015, 12:56 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 12:51 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((no.))
// and why is that?

((because permakill means permanently dead, and that's what marx is.))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Flarezerker - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 01:12 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 12:56 PM)Marxon Wrote: // and why is that?

//Geez, talk about buzzkill. Why so grumpy? And plus, if its a new RP thread then there couldn't be much harm in it, could there?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-27-2015

//If we start on our idea and mingle/ overlook the original world could we pull Marxon back as a dead character with some others.

//Plus, the RP is about as serious as me about serious topics so...

// says the person who literally abandoned the RP, why should I listen to someone who doesn't even participate anymore?

//1, 2, 3, 4 I smell a flame war.

//But guys, as much as I feel I am on Marx's side, and as much I respect Ehks the badmin, could you two please take major arguments off of the threads, maybe onto PMs or steam or etc.
//Please, I don't want to come in, defend someone and then start acting like an ass again as I do.

(10-27-2015, 02:01 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //1, 2, 3, 4 I smell a flame war.

//But guys, as much as I feel I am on Marx's side, and as much I respect Ehks the badmin, could you two please take major arguments off of the threads, maybe onto PMs or steam or etc.
//Please, I don't want to come in, defend someone and then start acting like an ass again as I do.
// i have no reason to even listen to ehks, he abandoned here, he has no say

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Flarezerker - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 02:12 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 02:01 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //1, 2, 3, 4 I smell a flame war.

// i have no reason to even listen to ehks, he abandoned here, he has no say

//Need I remind you to look at your own title for a moment, Marx? We still listen to you, though. Either way, Unamused is right. You shouldn't clutter the RP with bickering. At least go to the general discussion forum or something.

(10-27-2015, 02:27 PM)Flarezerker Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 02:12 PM)Marxon Wrote: // i have no reason to even listen to ehks, he abandoned here, he has no say

//Need I remind you to look at your own title for a moment, Marx? We still listen to you, though. Either way, Unamused is right. You shouldn't clutter the RP with bickering. At least go to the general discussion forum or something.
// oh, is there something happening in this mess still? Excuse me!

(10-27-2015, 01:47 PM)Flarezerker Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 01:12 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((because permakill means permanently dead, and that's what marx is.))

//Geez, talk about buzzkill. Why so grumpy? And plus, if its a new RP thread then there couldn't be much harm in it, could there?

(10-27-2015, 01:56 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 01:12 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((There isn't going to be a new thread. Tech and stuff will be reset, but there will most certainly not be a new thread.))
// says the person who literally abandoned the RP, why should I listen to someone who doesn't even participate anymore?

((I'm going to keep my lips zipped on this, simply because saying I "abandoned" it when I have other things to do, like my CLASSWORK is fucking bullshit and not an okay way to discount what I have to say. You killed your character off, just get over it and accept that he is not coming back.))

(10-27-2015, 04:57 PM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 01:47 PM)Flarezerker Wrote: //Geez, talk about buzzkill. Why so grumpy? And plus, if its a new RP thread then there couldn't be much harm in it, could there?

(10-27-2015, 01:56 PM)Marxon Wrote: // says the person who literally abandoned the RP, why should I listen to someone who doesn't even participate anymore?

((I'm going to keep my lips zipped on this, simply because saying I "abandoned" it when I have other things to do, like my CLASSWORK is fucking bullshit and not an okay way to discount what I have to say. You killed your character off, just get over it and accept that he is not coming back.))
// i didn't kill him off... YOU AND ODIN DID THAT FOR ME

// And saying you'll keep your mouth shut then talking anyways is not how it works!

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 10-27-2015

//You know, the drama makes me not so eager to come back. Can we not?

//As a character, Marxon had significant problems that made him difficult to interact with and ultimately contributed to his removal from the RP. Even in a rebooted setting I would still hesitate on being okay with that unless he was brought back with significant behavioral changes, even if Marxon wants to volunteer to be the bad guy in a western RP and gets shot full of holes every few pages for stealing stuff. I just don't see it ending well.

//I dunno about ehks leaving, but he's probably frustrated because the admin duty got shoved onto him and is an utterly thankless job. You guys get stirred up over trivial things and rant about it for days instead of shrugging it off and moving on with other things.

//I wouldn't mind a setting reboot. What if one day everyone woke up and the world they were in was suddenly gone, everyone being dropped into another world similar to where they came from but not quite the same. You would then have the option of reusing an existing character- who may or may not remember their previous life, or making a new character entirely.

//But a LOT of the overpoweredness needs to stop. We are not gods. If you punch a tree you have a broken wrist. There isn't going to be random orbital lasers or hyperintelligent nanites or endgame wizards flinging apocalyptic spells about whenever someone sneezes without permission. Umbra and I for the longest time have tried to keep the RP somewhat balanced and civilized, and that too is a tiring and thankless task that never ends. 

//Now I will talk to Ehksidian about his role in the community, and if he intends to lay down his hammer I will arrange an election to choose a new administrator.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 05:39 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //I wouldn't mind a setting reboot. What if one day everyone woke up and the world they were in was suddenly gone, everyone being dropped into another world similar to where they came from but not quite the same. You would then have the option of reusing an existing character- who may or may not remember their previous life, or making a new character entirely.

// Shaad, Ehks, and I have been discussing this via PM since about Saturday. From ehat I can gather, we've figured out a few things except for where we'll end up.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 05:39 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //But a LOT of the overpoweredness needs to stop. There isn't going to be random... hyperintelligent nanites.

((What about normalintelligent nanite colonies?

Also, I, Ehks, and Umbra have been discussing the reboot. I forgot to include you in the "practically GM" list of people alongside Umbra and Ehks who should be discussing this when I started discussion I'M SORRY ;A; ))

(10-27-2015, 05:55 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-27-2015, 05:39 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: //I wouldn't mind a setting reboot. What if one day everyone woke up and the world they were in was suddenly gone, everyone being dropped into another world similar to where they came from but not quite the same. You would then have the option of reusing an existing character- who may or may not remember their previous life, or making a new character entirely.

// Shaad, Ehks, and I have been discussing this via PM since about Saturday. From ehat I can gather, we've figured out a few things except for where we'll end up.

((Ninjumbra'd))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-27-2015

(10-27-2015, 05:59 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [((Ninjumbra'd))

// dark type, bruh

// given the nature of how we're (probably) going to reset, a lot of the overpoweredness will likely be filtered out. Umbra's become that in a way, and he'll end up losing a lot...

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-27-2015

// I'll admit I've been a bit rude towards Ehks, but I shouldn't be expected to put up with "no you can't play with us, even if we reset"