Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 01:42 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Okay, you know what? I'm sick of this shit. I'm sick of people complaining about every single thing. Screw my idea, you can all come up with an idea as a team~ because I am leaving the RP permanently. Shopkeep is dead. Ezvrael is dead. U is dead. Sylrein is dead. Ebendach is dead. Wrybdeac is dead. One is dead. Samhain is dead. Sribawhn is dead. In fact, by some miracle of magicicity fuckwaddle handwaveication, the Ateros cease to exist and anyone who was an Ateros is back to being whatever they were before, because sentient nanites is too much in a world full of much shitter whoop-de-doo abritrarium-powered technomagic. I hereby retcon every single action I have taken or concept or character I have introduced in the RP into nonexistence.

Have fun. Because someone has to around here.
oh well opesedaisy.
erm, ... sorry?
can you blame me for wanting democracy?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 01:42 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Okay, you know what? I'm sick of this shit. I'm sick of people complaining about every single thing. Screw my idea, you can all come up with an idea as a team~ because I am leaving the RP permanently. Shopkeep is dead. Ezvrael is dead. U is dead. Sylrein is dead. Ebendach is dead. Wrybdeac is dead. One is dead. Samhain is dead. Sribawhn is dead. In fact, by some miracle of magicicity fuckwaddle handwaveication, the Ateros cease to exist and anyone who was an Ateros is back to being whatever they were before, because sentient nanites is too much in a world full of much shitter whoop-de-doo abritrarium-powered technomagic. I hereby retcon every single action I have taken or concept or character I have introduced in the RP into nonexistence.

// ...Well, then. I guess nothing's happening...
// Uh... It was nice having you here?...

// *sigh* Now I feel like this was all my fault... If I never decided to make a landscape, this never would have happened...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 04:14 AM)Umbra Wrote: // ...Well, then. I guess nothing's happening...
// Uh... It was nice having you here?...

// *sigh* Now I feel like this was all my fault... If I never decided to make a landscape, this never would have happened...

If you never decided to make the world then nothing significant would have ever happened.
Don't blame yourself, you basically made the RP into a proper RP. It's my fault.

(10-28-2015, 05:31 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: If you never decided to make the world then nothing significant would have ever happened.
Don't blame yourself, you basically made the RP into a proper RP. It's my fault.

// I still think you didn't really have to retcon everything. You had some really great ideas people cooperated with.
// I don't get how the Ateroses (Aterosi?) are Op. They have a limited power source (except Surge, but he was a pacifist and isn't here anymore) and are still beatable.
// Wurg, especially, is this way, as she ended up becoming extra organic when she copied Umbra. That covers pretty much the only two characters other than yours that are nanite colonies.
// Will you please come back? Just for this? Besides, after this, you won't be obligated to do anything here ever again.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 12:55 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 12:44 AM)Marxon Wrote: // i want to know if they can work in synergy...

//let's say that marx's neural map was, copied.

//And that is exactly what I DON'T want. You finding some way to make another character that was just like the one that got killed.

//Please, for the love of sanity. Make a NEW character, and have him act like a reasonable person for most of the time he's around other characters.

//I'm alright with these secret plans, so long as they aren't forcing anyone into situations they don't want to be put in or mandating an unpopular setting that people aren't going to want to use. And ultimately if it causes too many problems, we can just reroll it again till we get something that works well.
// i have major changes planned for Marx, a factory reset in a near literal sense, very different personality, you'll see.

Well, i hope you're okay.

// well, that move from Shaadaris took guts, I respect that.

(10-28-2015, 02:09 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 05:31 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: If you never decided to make the world then nothing significant would have ever happened.

// I still think you didn't really have to retcon everything. You had some really great ideas people cooperated with.
// I don't get how the Ateroses (Aterosi?) are Op. They have a limited power source (except Surge, but he was a pacifist and isn't here anymore) and are still beatable.
// Wurg, especially, is this way, as she ended up becoming extra organic when she copied Umbra. That covers pretty much the only two characters other than yours that are nanite colonies.
// Will you please come back? Just for this? Besides, after this, you won't be obligated to do anything here ever again.

Listen, I just can't write these characters anymore... I have no ideas, motivation, nothing. Any ideas I did have were immediately labeled as "total crap" by my head, so yeah. If I can't finish what I started, it would be best for it to just be forgotten and not have happened in the first place. I hate it when a story goes unfinished, but I hate it even more when the ending is rushed and doesn't fit. Don't retcon everything, that wouldn't be fair to everyone. I was already high-strung about the RP and I guess people wanting to spend god-knows-how-long trying to come to a complete concensus about the reset was the straw that broke the overused metaphor.

(10-28-2015, 11:30 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Listen, I just can't write these characters anymore... I have no ideas, motivation, nothing. Any ideas I did have were immediately labeled as "total crap" by my head, so yeah. If I can't finish what I started, it would be best for it to just be forgotten and not have happened in the first place. I hate it when a story goes unfinished, but I hate it even more when the ending is rushed and doesn't fit. Don't retcon everything, that wouldn't be fair to everyone. I was already high-strung about the RP and I guess people wanting to spend god-knows-how-long trying to come to a complete concensus about the reset was the straw that broke the overused metaphor.

// Well, I can't force you to do anything... I guess it's up to everyone else to think of a way to reset, then?

(10-28-2015, 11:35 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 11:30 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Listen, I just can't write these characters anymore... I have no ideas, motivation, nothing. Any ideas I did have were immediately labeled as "total crap" by my head, so yeah. If I can't finish what I started, it would be best for it to just be forgotten and not have happened in the first place. I hate it when a story goes unfinished, but I hate it even more when the ending is rushed and doesn't fit. Don't retcon everything, that wouldn't be fair to everyone. I was already high-strung about the RP and I guess people wanting to spend god-knows-how-long trying to come to a complete concensus about the reset was the straw that broke the overused metaphor.

// Well, I can't force you to do anything... I guess it's up to everyone else to think of a way to reset, then?

that's what some people wanted, and I guess it would be better for everyone to come up with something everyone agrees with anyway. besides, people were coming up with ideas way before I butted in with my nonsense.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 10-28-2015

(10-28-2015, 11:39 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 11:35 PM)Umbra Wrote: // Well, I can't force you to do anything... I guess it's up to everyone else to think of a way to reset, then?

that's what some people wanted, and I guess it would be better for everyone to come up with something everyone agrees with anyway. besides, people were coming up with ideas way before I butted in with my nonsense.
//you're idea can be a good idea.
//i'd just like to see it.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-29-2015

(10-28-2015, 11:51 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 11:39 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: that's what some people wanted, and I guess it would be better for everyone to come up with something everyone agrees with anyway. besides, people were coming up with ideas way before I butted in with my nonsense.
//you're idea can be a good idea.
//Austin is kinda right, how can we just accept an idea that changes the entire thread without knowing anything.... BUT, Shaadris tends to be pretty good with RP so we should of probably just let his idea roll.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 05:30 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(10-28-2015, 11:51 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //you're idea can be a good idea.
//Austin is kinda right, how can we just accept an idea that changes the entire thread without knowing anything.... BUT, Shaadris tends to be pretty good with RP so we should of probably just let his idea roll.
//but i'd like to be sure before i let the idea roll, which requires him to spill the beans.

//maybe not all the beans, but a good amount.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Flarezerker - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 12:13 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 05:30 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: //Austin is kinda right, how can we just accept an idea that changes the entire thread without knowing anything.... BUT, Shaadris tends to be pretty good with RP so we should of probably just let his idea roll.
//but i'd like to be sure before i let the idea roll, which requires him to spill the beans.

I agree with Austin. If a massive change is going to occur, we should at least have the right to know, especially if it affects us directly.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-29-2015

(10-29-2015, 12:52 PM)Flarezerker Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 12:13 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //but i'd like to be sure before i let the idea roll, which requires him to spill the beans.

I agree with Austin. If a massive change is going to occur, we should at least have the right to know, especially if it affects us directly.
//I agree... just would be nice to jump in without knowing it, like an actor rehearsing his lines, it gets boring after a while, surprise is always fun. Though I think it would be probably wiser to let everyone so no one gets pissed off, it would be better for Shaad to just set it into motion.
//And of course directly it won't affect us. That wouldn't technically be allowed, please guys. I agree with you and all but I have faith in Shaadris to do something cool... If it's bad we'll just retcon it into oblivion, though that is unlikely.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 10-29-2015

//is it just me, or does all rp on the nexus end up having some sort of massive flame war?

(10-29-2015, 09:31 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: //is it just me, or does all rp on the nexus end up having some sort of massive flame war?
//1, 2, 3, 4 I DECLARE A FLAMEWAR...
//Pretty much everything around here ends in a flamewar.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 10-30-2015

(10-29-2015, 11:38 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(10-29-2015, 09:31 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: //is it just me, or does all rp on the nexus end up having some sort of massive flame war?
//1, 2, 3, 4 I DECLARE A FLAMEWAR...
//Pretty much everything around here ends in a flamewar.

//Cause pretty much everyone here is young and wants to have it their way or else.

//Marxon, you've promised REPEATEDLY that you were going to change both out of character and in character. If we do pull off this reboot, I'll let you have another try. But if you die AT ALL you will not be revived again ever. People want to RP something lighthearted and fun. Your constant woe is me I'ma die now spreads that same attitude to other people, and really takes away from how enjoyable the RP is.

//Ehks Umbra and I are being so strict on you about that precisely because of the unfair number of chances you have been given that you still seem to throw away every single time.

//Now I dunno why Shaadaris snapped just now, but it sounds like he's trying to carry the world on his shoulders. Look, I wouldn't expect anyone to design an entire RP world by themselves. In fact I would highly advise against it for a casual RP because people will inevitably ignore the lore you gave it in favor of their own. Better to leave as much of it open ended as practical and let it flesh out as it develops than to try and write the entire world in one go and then expect people to play in it.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - kawaiiChiimera - 10-30-2015

What if, hear me out...
Everyone used a new character?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 12:30 AM)Davepeta Wrote: What if, hear me out...
Nah.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-30-2015

//Oh heck yes.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - kawaiiChiimera - 10-30-2015

(10-30-2015, 12:32 AM)Marxon Wrote:
Nah.
It's not your choice.

You've shown time and time again that you can't be trusted with making choices regarding anything like this.