Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 02:34 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 02:30 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //let's not copy dead space. it's not a good idea

// I'm sure he means without the eldritch horrors...
^^^

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Flarezerker - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 02:34 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 02:30 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote: //let's not copy dead space. it's not a good idea

// I'm sure he means without the eldritch horrors...

Umbra, lets face it. Somebody, somewheres, somehow, sometime in the new RP is going to create/summon/whatever horrific things.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Penguin - 10-31-2015

//space, only bound to have something break something

//would be nice if there wasn't going to be too many conflicts at once either

(I'm fucking bad at that i know)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 02:18 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 02:17 AM)Flarezerker Wrote: Maybe... A space catwalk?!?!? No? Okay, then...
// maybe just like dead space
//or maybe sevastopol station, minus the zenomorph or the 19 hundreds tech

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Timtimthe2nd - 10-31-2015

//Personally, I feel like U.P.C.S. Eden or Nexus Station would work equally well. But, I don't think copying another person's idea (Sevastopol station) would be a good thing.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 03:10 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: //Personally, I feel like U.P.C.S. Eden or Nexus Station would work equally well. But, I don't think copying another person's idea (Sevastopol station) would be a good thing.

// yes, let's avoid plagiarism and stick with a planetside spaceport.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - kawaiiChiimera - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 03:10 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: //Personally, I feel like U.P.C.S. Eden or Nexus Station would work equally well. But, I don't think copying another person's idea (Sevastopol station) would be a good t// hing.
// could just call it "The Nexus"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 03:13 AM)Davepeta Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 03:10 AM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: //Personally, I feel like U.P.C.S. Eden or Nexus Station would work equally well. But, I don't think copying another person's idea (Sevastopol station) would be a good t// hing.

//that's too darn cliche, stop being uncreative and cliche.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 10-31-2015

(Yes hello I hear we are doing a reboot?)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 03:13 AM)Davepeta Wrote:
// Waystation Zeta?

(10-31-2015, 03:22 AM)Surge Wrote: (Yes hello I hear we are doing a reboot?)

//not full characters who are too powerful have to be nerfed, and we're going to a new location i might be missing something but that's mostly it.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-31-2015

Idea for the station, Orbital Elevator, pretty much a one way ticket to the station from terrestrial positions.
Also, ideas for why the station is a thing.
And a new name Colony Containment and Housing Station (CCHS) Noah

(10-31-2015, 03:55 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Idea for the station, Orbital Elevator, pretty much a one way ticket to the station from terrestrial positions.
(Orbital elevators generate extreme G-forces, they are great for supplies put passengers will generally be reduced to putty.)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 03:57 AM)Surge Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 03:55 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Idea for the station, Orbital Elevator, pretty much a one way ticket to the station from terrestrial positions.
(Orbital elevators generate extreme G-forces, they are great for supplies put passengers will generally be reduced to putty.)
We can work with that, it could also be quite interesting that some non-organics such as Surge's previous characters would be able to get on and remain relatively intact.

(10-31-2015, 03:58 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 03:57 AM)Surge Wrote: (Orbital elevators generate extreme G-forces, they are great for supplies put passengers will generally be reduced to putty.)
We can work with that, it could also be quite interesting that some non-organics such as Surge's previous characters would be able to get on and remain relatively intact.
(I'm all for using the elevator for food, mail, materials, etc though, that's what they're made to transport after all)

(10-31-2015, 03:37 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 03:22 AM)Surge Wrote: (Yes hello I hear we are doing a reboot?)

//not full characters who are too powerful have to be nerfed, and we're going to a new location i might be missing something but that's mostly it.

//oh wait i think ateros are gonna get removed because ateros are op or something like that

(10-31-2015, 03:59 AM)Surge Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 03:58 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: We can work with that, it could also be quite interesting that some non-organics such as Surge's previous characters would be able to get on and remain relatively intact.
(I'm all for using the elevator for food, mail, materials, etc though, that's what they're made to transport after all)
We could use it as a form of capital punishment on the station...
In the lore, not in our actual RP.

(man I could do some serious character lore fuckery here, Surge's hideout/home/base is supposed to be suspended in a bubble of stray and unstable magic left behind from all the reckless shenanigans of my previous RP group, so it technically exists in several universes at once, and if I don't retcon things then surge is still an Ateros, but the background and everything else doesn't have to change at all for me to keep using him.

753 this is all your fault you arrogant fuck, I haven't figured out how but it is.)

(10-31-2015, 04:01 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 03:59 AM)Surge Wrote: (I'm all for using the elevator for food, mail, materials, etc though, that's what they're made to transport after all)
We could use it as a form of capital punishment on the station...
(Not only is it unnecessarily cruel, it's inefficient as a means of killing people, it disrupts the regular functions of the elevator, and it makes an awful mess)

So... how could we all end up on the station?
Cataclysmic event ending in mass evacuation of survivors to these stations?
Chance?
Bounties?

(10-31-2015, 04:04 AM)Surge Wrote: (man I could do some serious character lore fuckery here, Surge's hideout/home/base is supposed to be suspended in a bubble of stray and unstable magic left behind from all the reckless shenanigans of my previous RP group, so it technically exists in several universes at once, and if I don't retcon things then surge is still an Ateros, but the background and everything else doesn't have to change at all for me to keep using him.

753 this is all your fault you arrogant fuck, I haven't figured out how but it is.)

(10-31-2015, 04:01 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: We could use it as a form of capital punishment on the station...
(Not only is it unnecessarily cruel, it's inefficient as a means of killing people, it disrupts the regular functions of the elevator, and it makes an awful mess)
It's a great deterrent though.

Also, who said the governing group needs to use it?
Gangs, mafias, the like.

(10-31-2015, 04:07 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: So... how could we all end up on the station?
Cataclysmic event ending in mass evacuation of survivors to these stations?
Chance?
Bounties?

(10-31-2015, 04:04 AM)Surge Wrote: (man I could do some serious character lore fuckery here, Surge's hideout/home/base is supposed to be suspended in a bubble of stray and unstable magic left behind from all the reckless shenanigans of my previous RP group, so it technically exists in several universes at once, and if I don't retcon things then surge is still an Ateros, but the background and everything else doesn't have to change at all for me to keep using him.

It's a great deterrent though.

Also, who said the governing group needs to use it?
Gangs, mafias, the like.
(Unless they stuff the sods in waste bins to be sent down I doubt they could.

Anyways as much as I like Worldbuilding I don't know what we have right now for me to work with so there isn't much I can do but start from scratch.)