Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:13 AM)Surge Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 04:07 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: So... how could we all end up on the station?
Cataclysmic event ending in mass evacuation of survivors to these stations?
Chance?
Bounties?

It's a great deterrent though.

Also, who said the governing group needs to use it?
Gangs, mafias, the like.
Unless they stuff the sods in waste bins to be sent down I doubt they could.
bribes, waste bins, heck, even locking them inside bags before sending them down.
Yes people can fit into large golf bags.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-31-2015

// If you're asking how we'll get there, Unamused, I figured I could make a paradox that resets the dimension.

// Oh, and hi, Surge!

// Also, you guys need to consider that a space station isn't exactly spacious...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 10-31-2015

(Seriously though if you guys give me the go-ahead or what we've already got I'll do my best to give us something open ended and easy to work with)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:22 AM)Surge Wrote: (Seriously though if you guys give me the go-ahead or what we've already got I'll do my best to give us something open ended and easy to work with)
// let me try for once

(10-31-2015, 04:27 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 04:22 AM)Surge Wrote: (Seriously though if you guys give me the go-ahead or what we've already got I'll do my best to give us something open ended and easy to work with)
// let me try for once
(no offense Marx but I don't consider this a "it's my turn!" task, I'm completely willing to not contribute if you guys don't want me to but I think I can be quite helpful given my experience with the task.)

(10-31-2015, 04:43 AM)Surge Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 04:27 AM)Marxon Wrote: // let me try for once
(no offense Marx but I don't consider this a "it's my turn!" task, I'm completely willing to not contribute if you guys don't want me to but I think I can be quite helpful given my experience with the task.)
// we work together!

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:27 AM)Marxon Wrote:
// let me try for once
Umbra has a thing, we'll let it roll. As much as I'd like to hear your's, both of you, we'll just let Umbra go ahead. Hey?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:47 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 04:43 AM)Surge Wrote: (no offense Marx but I don't consider this a "it's my turn!" task, I'm completely willing to not contribute if you guys don't want me to but I think I can be quite helpful given my experience with the task.)
// we work together!

((This is actually what I consider would be best - multiple people working to make the setting so everything works as much as possible for as many people as possible...

That said, I'm unsure of whether or not I would have anything to contribute personally, assuming anyone would even want my help after my outburst. I like making settings, but I'm too used to making settings for specific stories.))

(well fuck you guys I have an idea and I'm gonna pitch it anyways.

The Nexus is a magical world of great riches both cultural, scientific, and material, it's original name lost to time. The Nexus became what it is when it's wizards and mages unlocked the secret of opening a portal to another world, while a nice novelty at first they soon discovered that there were very different people in these worlds, and so they would seek out these people to exchange all sorts of things with them, technology, magic, resources, and before long what began as a journey of curiosity turned into a permanent relationship with trade and travel flowing through these portals freely, over time more portals opened to more worlds, some accepted the Nexus with open arms, some forced the Nexus to hide it's portals and keep it's expeditions secret, and some sought to conquer the Nexus. Today though the Nexus is an inter-dimensional hub, a bastion of both technology and magic home to peoples and species from more universes than most can count living in relative harmony. Some use the Nexus as a stepping stone from one universe to the next, some stay there forever to enjoy the melting pot of cultures, some simply visit as tourists, but regardless of the why there are billions of people on the Nexus at any given moment, exploring what it has to offer, massive sprawling urban centers have choked out much of the planet's original biomes, and those that survived were overrun by invasive species from other dimensions, creating new biomes and environments in the process, and although the Nexus' influence does not reach to the stars it's orbit is nonetheless populated with satellites and space stations performing a variety of functions for the benefit of the booming world underneath them.)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:48 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
Umbra has a thing, we'll let it roll. As much as I'd like to hear your's, both of you, we'll just let Umbra go ahead. Hey?

// wait what
// all I had was an idea on how the reset will happen in the actual RP; nothing past that. You guys are coming up with the actual setting, I'm just sitting back to make sure nobody gets into a heated argument.

// I like Surge's idea, too... Aaagh there's too many good ideas it's going to take forever for everyone to decide ; A;

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 05:09 AM)Surge Wrote: (well fuck you guys I have an idea and I'm gonna pitch it anyways.

The Nexus is a magical world of great riches both cultural, scientific, and material, it's original name lost to time. The Nexus became what it is when it's wizards and mages unlocked the secret of opening a portal to another world, while a nice novelty at first they soon discovered that there were very different people in these worlds, and so they would seek out these people to exchange all sorts of things with them, technology, magic, resources, and before long what began as a journey of curiosity turned into a permanent relationship with trade and travel flowing through these portals freely, over time more portals opened to more worlds, some accepted the Nexus with open arms, some forced the Nexus to hide it's portals and keep it's expeditions secret, and some sought to conquer the Nexus. Today though the Nexus is an inter-dimensional hub, a bastion of both technology and magic home to peoples and species from more universes than most can count living in relative harmony. Some use the Nexus as a stepping stone from one universe to the next, some stay there forever to enjoy the melting pot of cultures, some simply visit as tourists, but regardless of the why there are billions of people on the Nexus at any given moment, exploring what it has to offer, massive sprawling urban centers have choked out much of the planet's original biomes, and those that survived were overrun by invasive species from other dimensions, creating new biomes and environments in the process, and although the Nexus' influence does not reach to the stars it's orbit is nonetheless populated with satellites and space stations performing a variety of functions for the benefit of the booming world underneath them.)

That... Is actually a very cool idea.
It is also an idea where the name "Nexus" actually works as a literal description of what it is.

(10-31-2015, 05:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 05:09 AM)Surge Wrote: (well fuck you guys I have an idea and I'm gonna pitch it anyways.

That... Is actually a very cool idea.
It is also an idea where the name "Nexus" actually works as a literal description of what it is.
(brb doing the "I told you so" dance)

(10-31-2015, 04:48 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
// give other people a chance damnit

(10-31-2015, 05:51 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 04:48 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: Umbra has a thing, we'll let it roll. As much as I'd like to hear your's, both of you, we'll just let Umbra go ahead. Hey?
// give other people a chance damnit
I want to...
But I know I'm a person and as long as I know that about myself I know that people can mess up.
But now looking back on it...
Surge's thing looks fucking amazing.

(10-31-2015, 05:53 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 05:51 AM)Marxon Wrote: // give other people a chance damnit
I want to...
But I know I'm a person and as long as I know that about myself I know that people can mess up.
Yes, it does.

But i don't like urban sprawl much...

(10-31-2015, 05:53 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 05:53 AM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: I want to...
Yes, it does.

(urban sprawl is an unavoidable consequence of hub planets. Space stations alleviate some of the need for it and allow us to retain some nature, but we're looking at urban centers the size of Texas no matter what on a planet with this many people.)

(10-31-2015, 05:56 AM)Surge Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 05:53 AM)Marxon Wrote: Yes, it does.

(urban sprawl is an unavoidable consequence of hub planets. Space stations alleviate some of the need for it and allow us to retain some nature, but we're looking at urban centers the size of Texas no matter what on a planet with this many people.)
// what if were in the very very early days of it, where it's a very well kept secret and new worlds are constantly discovered.

// and the hub is currently in uncharted space, and as the rp progresses it eventually becomes a hub world, of our Making

(10-31-2015, 06:01 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 05:56 AM)Surge Wrote: (urban sprawl is an unavoidable consequence of hub planets. Space stations alleviate some of the need for it and allow us to retain some nature, but we're looking at urban centers the size of Texas no matter what on a planet with this many people.)
// what if were in the very very early days of it, where it's a very well kept secret and new worlds are constantly discovered.

// and the hub is currently in uncharted space, and as the rp progresses it eventually becomes a hub world, of our Making
(Then players will be restricted in what they can introduce and use.

It's not intended to be a hub world in the usual sense of space traffic from all around the galaxy, it's fully likely that it's universe is teeming with extraterrestrial life but nobody cares to go out and find it because of the portals, and none of those aliens have found it. Currently it is already in uncharted space, but is still a hub world by merit of interdimensional travel.)

(10-31-2015, 06:06 AM)Surge Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 06:01 AM)Marxon Wrote: // what if were in the very very early days of it, where it's a very well kept secret and new worlds are constantly discovered.

(Then players will be restricted in what they can introduce and use.

It's not intended to be a hub world in the usual sense of space traffic from all around the galaxy, it's fully likely that it's universe is teeming with extraterrestrial life but nobody cares to go out and find it because of the portals, and none of those aliens have found it. Currently it is already in uncharted space, but is still a hub world by merit of interdimensional travel.)
// sure at the start, but we build up from that

(10-31-2015, 06:07 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 06:06 AM)Surge Wrote: (Then players will be restricted in what they can introduce and use.

// sure at the start, but we build up from that
(that's beyond my planning, I'm trying trying to give people a sandbox to play in, I have no plans to guide that play towards specific events.)