Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:14 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote: A way we could work around it is by using, as I will say again, a barren, very heavily damaged planet, the remains of most life in the galaxy after a cataclysmic event yada-yada-yada. Point is, you could either be trying to recolonise the planet below or working/ living onboard the station/ city.
Whatever we decide on, as much people as physically possible need a way to be happy.

// ...Honestly, that doesn't sound fun.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:13 PM)Surge Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 04:12 PM)Marxon Wrote: // no cities pls
(like I said cities being a thing isn't something we can avoid, but we can just not visit them)
// I'm pretty sure that's not true, we could be part of the colony setting up the station.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:48 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 04:13 PM)Surge Wrote: (like I said cities being a thing isn't something we can avoid, but we can just not visit them)
// I'm pretty sure that's not true, we could be part of the colony setting up the station.
(no significant population, certainly not one of over 10 billion, can be crammed on a single planet without urban centers to allow large numbers of people in a relatively small area. To avoid having ANY cities we'd need a new setting.)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:48 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 04:13 PM)Surge Wrote: (like I said cities being a thing isn't something we can avoid, but we can just not visit them)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Timtimthe2nd - 10-31-2015

//Alright, I was gone for a while....
//Anyway, I think the Hub planet thing sounds cool and all, but who would control the NPC population? I mean, we can't just have an NPC population that doesn't do anything ever.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - UnamusedAvali - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 05:05 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: //Alright, I was gone for a while....
//Anyway, I think the Hub planet thing sounds cool and all, but who would control the NPC population? I mean, we can't just have an NPC population that doesn't do anything ever.
Place Ehks and Odin in charge of events involving these guys...Or Marx controls them...

(I don't plan to sort everything for you guys)

(10-31-2015, 05:12 PM)UnamusedAvali Wrote:
Place Ehks and Odin in charge of events involving these guys...Or Marx controls them...
(you'll be hearing from my lawyer)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Flarezerker - 10-31-2015

Nobody ever cares about my ideas... Sad face Sad

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:50 PM)Surge Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 04:48 PM)Marxon Wrote: // I'm pretty sure that's not true, we could be part of the colony setting up the station.
(no significant population, certainly not one of over 10 billion, can be crammed on a single planet without urban centers to allow large numbers of people in a relatively small area. To avoid having ANY cities we'd need a new setting.)

// Actually, there is a way. Hopefully I'm not overcomplicating things.

What if that few billion people of population is in fact living in orbiting space stations, or possibly even a ring station.

The planet below suffered some sort of cataclysmic event that anhilated surface life.

However, a few friends in other universes granted the inhabitants a terraforming technology that allowed them to completely re-create their planet's natural surface life.

You then have a scenario where the people of the system would be effectively re-colonizing their home planet, despite having not really ventured out of their own solar system yet made regular visits to other universes using a magic-technology mixture to create stable portals of predictable properties.

The surface of the planet would be dotted with small villages that are blossoming around shuttle landing sites as infrastructure is established once more and people gradually transition from living on the station to living on the surface again. Why would they be in any hurry when they can get everything they need from the station and from other worlds.

This would then give us a nearly ideal best of both worlds where people can have their urban scenarios in a large and well built space station with artificial gravity and the like to live comfortably and normally, while retaining a small town on the frontier for our characters to explore and interact in.

And if we want to make expeditions into other universes, all we have to do is return to the station to use the facilities there for the purpose.

(10-31-2015, 05:52 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 04:50 PM)Surge Wrote: (no significant population, certainly not one of over 10 billion, can be crammed on a single planet without urban centers to allow large numbers of people in a relatively small area. To avoid having ANY cities we'd need a new setting.)

What if that few billion people of population is in fact living in orbiting space stations, or possibly even a ring station.

The planet below suffered some sort of cataclysmic event that anhilated surface life.

However, a few friends in other universes granted the inhabitants a terraforming technology that allowed them to completely re-create their planet's natural surface life.

You then have a scenario where the people of the system would be effectively re-colonizing their home planet, despite having not really ventured out of their own solar system yet made regular visits to other universes using a magic-technology mixture to create stable portals of predictable properties.

The surface of the planet would be dotted with small villages that are blossoming around shuttle landing sites as infrastructure is established once more and people gradually transition from living on the station to living on the surface again. Why would they be in any hurry when they can get everything they need from the station and from other worlds.

This would then give us a nearly ideal best of both worlds where people can have their urban scenarios in a large and well built space station with artificial gravity and the like to live comfortably and normally, while retaining a small town on the frontier for our characters to explore and interact in.

And if we want to make expeditions into other universes, all we have to do is return to the station to use the facilities there for the purpose.
(wunderbar! Excellent work Odin)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 04:50 PM)Surge Wrote: (no significant population, certainly not one of over 10 billion, can be crammed on a single planet without urban centers to allow large numbers of people in a relatively small area. To avoid having ANY cities we'd need a new setting.)

// I like this plan.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Timtimthe2nd - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 06:01 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(10-31-2015, 05:52 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: // Actually, there is a way. Hopefully I'm not overcomplicating things.

// I like this plan.

//As do I. I think we should go with this one. Also, the ring station might be a better choice if we're housing 10 Billion people.

Nice job, Odin! And that lines up with my idea perfectly, so thats there, if anybody wanted to go in that direction.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 10-31-2015

//sounds great, but i call a village house.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 10-31-2015

I second... third... fourth?... I agree with Odin's plan as well.

(10-31-2015, 08:23 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: I second... third... fourth?... I agree with Odin's plan as well.

//so we know what we're doing now right?

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-31-2015

// I DISAGREEEEEEE!

(10-31-2015, 08:26 PM)Marxon Wrote: // I DISAGREEEEEEE!

//why? if you can't say why then we'll ignore you.

I think Marx is just fucking with you, m8.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 10-31-2015

(10-31-2015, 08:55 PM)Flarezerker Wrote: I think Marx is just fucking with you, m8.
^^^