Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 07-11-2015

i'm tired, good night people *he goes into his house and goes to sleep*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 02:48 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 02:19 AM)Surge Wrote: I take my ability to analyze and incorporate new technology as a point of pride.

"Yes, yes, I'm sure you do..."
*emotes a look of smug pride as best as his visor/display will allow*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 03:06 AM)Surge Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 02:48 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Yes, yes, I'm sure you do..."
*emotes a look of smug pride as best as his visor/display will allow*

I simply rolled my eyes in response.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 01:50 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 01:36 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Welcome to wherever-the-fuck-this-place-is."
does this place have a name?

"No, it doesn't. I really need to work on naming it with everyone else...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 07-11-2015

(07-11-2015, 02:13 AM)Surge Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 02:13 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: That entire sectiQn Qf my lab is still under quarantine. CatastrQphic failure dQesn't even cut it.
Grey goo?
I'd say mQre Qrange Gelatin.
(07-11-2015, 02:15 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 02:13 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: That entire sectiQn Qf my lab is still under quarantine. CatastrQphic failure dQesn't even cut it.

... wow, whatever it is that's being quarantined won't get out right?
NQ, I made sure it was plenty sealed.
(07-11-2015, 02:17 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:

"...All I can say is that you really fucked up. I'm just glad that didn't happen to either Surge or I. Then again, my organic portion was turned into a robot prior to assimilation, so technically I didn't assimilate organic matter to get this way. Nor did Surge, he was straight-up converted to a nanomass and then assimilated by his Ateros. I assume, at least. He is fully composed of Ateros nanites now, instead of the previous, less-advanced nanites."
I dQn't fuck up, I experiment. If sQmething dQesn't gQ accQrding tQ plan, it's just a different result than I hQped fQr. There wasn't really a plan fQr me tQ fail.

Anyways... YQu said AterQs multiple times nQw... What's that?

(07-11-2015, 03:27 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I dQn't fuck up, I experiment. If sQmething dQesn't gQ accQrding tQ plan, it's just a different result than I hQped fQr. There wasn't really a plan fQr me tQ fail.

"It's what Surge and I are. Sentient nanomasses, capable of altering our body shape to our will, assimilating technology, and...well, being sentient. We bond to a "host", usually, and that is before sentience develops. I, uh, was my first host. Then I accidentally assimilated myself, like I said before. Then I didn't have one, and now I have a new one. Hosts and Ateros share a telepathic link, which usually allows the Host to command nonsentient Ateros to do whatever. Sentient ones use it to communicate and stuff."

(07-11-2015, 03:30 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 03:27 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I dQn't fuck up, I experiment. If sQmething dQesn't gQ accQrding tQ plan, it's just a different result than I hQped fQr. There wasn't really a plan fQr me tQ fail.

"It's what Surge and I are. Sentient nanomasses, capable of altering our body shape to our will, assimilating technology, and...well, being sentient. We bond to a "host", usually, and that is before sentience develops. I, uh, was my first host. Then I accidentally assimilated myself, like I said before. Then I didn't have one, and now I have a new one. Hosts and Ateros share a telepathic link, which usually allows the Host to command nonsentient Ateros to do whatever. Sentient ones use it to communicate and stuff."
We do?

(07-11-2015, 03:30 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:

That sQunds really useful.
What happens if yQu're cut in half? DQ yQu turn intQ twQ beings?

(07-11-2015, 03:33 AM)Surge Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 03:30 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "It's what Surge and I are. Sentient nanomasses, capable of altering our body shape to our will, assimilating technology, and...well, being sentient. We bond to a "host", usually, and that is before sentience develops. I, uh, was my first host. Then I accidentally assimilated myself, like I said before. Then I didn't have one, and now I have a new one. Hosts and Ateros share a telepathic link, which usually allows the Host to command nonsentient Ateros to do whatever. Sentient ones use it to communicate and stuff."
We do?

"Normally, but...uh, well, we're special cases honestly. I think you're still technically your own host."

(07-11-2015, 03:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 03:30 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "It's what Surge and I are. Sentient nanomasses, capable of altering our body shape to our will, assimilating technology, and...well, being sentient. We bond to a "host", usually, and that is before sentience develops. I, uh, was my first host. Then I accidentally assimilated myself, like I said before. Then I didn't have one, and now I have a new one. Hosts and Ateros share a telepathic link, which usually allows the Host to command nonsentient Ateros to do whatever. Sentient ones use it to communicate and stuff."

No the nanites just reform back into one. I mean theoretically if you could separate the nanites across such a distance that they can no longer communicate properly and do so instantaneously so they can't work out which mass is the "primary" you might get two copies instead of just the original and an inert pile.

(07-11-2015, 03:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:

"Depends. If there's a lot of nanomass, then the two halves are still controlled by one mind and then put back together. If a small portion is removed, then it just collapses and has to be manually reabsorbed."

(07-11-2015, 03:36 AM)Surge Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 03:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: That sQunds really useful.
No the nanites just reform back into one. I mean theoretically if you could separate the nanites across such a distance that they can no longer communicate properly and do so instantaneously so they can't work out which mass is the "primary" you might get two copies instead of just the original and an inert pile.

(07-11-2015, 03:36 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 03:34 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: That sQunds really useful.

"Depends. If there's a lot of nanomass, then the two halves are still controlled by one mind and then put back together. If a small portion is removed, then it just collapses and has to be manually reabsorbed."

Hm...
What abQut feelings? YQu're mechanical, sQ dQ yQu have sensatiQn?

(07-11-2015, 03:39 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Hm...

Umbra slaps Wurg on the back with his free hand- gentle so it doesn't really sting, but it still would be a sensation of pain.

(07-11-2015, 03:39 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 03:36 AM)Surge Wrote: No the nanites just reform back into one. I mean theoretically if you could separate the nanites across such a distance that they can no longer communicate properly and do so instantaneously so they can't work out which mass is the "primary" you might get two copies instead of just the original and an inert pile.

(07-11-2015, 03:36 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "Depends. If there's a lot of nanomass, then the two halves are still controlled by one mind and then put back together. If a small portion is removed, then it just collapses and has to be manually reabsorbed."

Hm...
A few million individual machines and their respective sensors can simulate tactile sensations fairly well.

"The only thing I don't feel is pain, which is actually highly unusual for an Ateros. Most are actually very good mimics of organic life."

(07-11-2015, 03:41 AM)Umbra Wrote:

Umbra slaps Wurg on the back with his free hand- gentle so it doesn't really sting, but it still would be a sensation of pain.

There was absolutely no reaction.

(07-11-2015, 03:42 AM)Surge Wrote:
A few million individual machines and their respective sensors can simulate tactile sensations fairly well.

(07-11-2015, 03:43 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:

"The only thing I don't feel is pain, which is actually highly unusual for an Ateros. Most are actually very good mimics of organic life."

(07-11-2015, 03:41 AM)Umbra Wrote: Umbra slaps Wurg on the back with his free hand- gentle so it doesn't really sting, but it still would be a sensation of pain.

Qkay sQ cutting Qne Qf yQu fQr study is Qut Qf the questiQn.
GQQd tQ knQw.

Any Qther way I cQuld get my hands Qn sQme Qf these nanites?

(07-11-2015, 03:43 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: There was absolutely no reaction.

"Ow." Umbra then shoots a sly look at Wurg and brings his frozen arm down on her, hoping for a solid impact that wouldn't hurt, given the reaction he received.

(07-11-2015, 03:47 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 03:42 AM)Surge Wrote: A few million individual machines and their respective sensors can simulate tactile sensations fairly well.

(07-11-2015, 03:43 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "The only thing I don't feel is pain, which is actually highly unusual for an Ateros. Most are actually very good mimics of organic life."

GQQd tQ knQw.

"No."

(07-11-2015, 03:47 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 03:42 AM)Surge Wrote: A few million individual machines and their respective sensors can simulate tactile sensations fairly well.

(07-11-2015, 03:43 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: "The only thing I don't feel is pain, which is actually highly unusual for an Ateros. Most are actually very good mimics of organic life."

GQQd tQ knQw.

Well I mean they can barely function in small amounts.

(07-11-2015, 03:48 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 03:47 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Qkay sQ cutting Qne Qf yQu fQr study is Qut Qf the questiQn.
GQQd tQ knQw.

"No."

Damn. Aw well, yQu can't win 'em all.