Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 03:47 AM)Corosar Wrote: *she tried to figure out a way to shield herself with her reaper abilities. Using her soul's excess energy to try and strengthen a barrier around herself as she continued to peer into the ethereal plane. She worried about the aura though... if it could get past her barrier she knew she would have a fight to separate the aura from her if it attached to her as well.*

Shhh umbra... i am gonna try and figure this out...

A hole in the aura opens... It's almost as if Umbra- or something inside him- is holding open a path for Coro.
In the ethereal plane, she could sense five other beings in the same area as Umbra.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Corosar - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 03:52 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 03:47 AM)Corosar Wrote: *she tried to figure out a way to shield herself with her reaper abilities. Using her soul's excess energy to try and strengthen a barrier around herself as she continued to peer into the ethereal plane. She worried about the aura though... if it could get past her barrier she knew she would have a fight to separate the aura from her if it attached to her as well.*

Shhh umbra... i am gonna try and figure this out...

A hole in the aura opens... It's almost as if Umbra- or something inside him- is holding open a path for Coro.
In the ethereal plane, she could sense five other beings in the same area as Umbra.

*she tilted her head lightly and couriously wondering what was going on. When she saw the opening she immediately felt the urge to explore and discover what was holding the aura open. She looked over to tthe other five ethereal beings.*

Whom are all of you may i ask.... what has been happening here?!

(07-22-2015, 04:02 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 03:52 AM)Umbra Wrote: A hole in the aura opens... It's almost as if Umbra- or something inside him- is holding open a path for Coro.

*she tilted her head lightly and couriously wondering what was going on. When she saw the opening she immediately felt the urge to explore and discover what was holding the aura open. She looked over to tthe other five ethereal beings.*

Oh, hey! A new person! Hi, new person!
I believe that's Corunei... Coro for short.
We're a quintet of ethereal beings that were formed from different parts of Umbra's psyche when he got exposed to potentially lethal energy.
It's a long story as to why that is...
Someone has been causing Umbra to black out and has been invading his dreams. I've been able to protect him so far, and we've been convening with him in his natural dreams.

(07-22-2015, 04:06 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 04:02 AM)Corosar Wrote: *she tilted her head lightly and couriously wondering what was going on. When she saw the opening she immediately felt the urge to explore and discover what was holding the aura open. She looked over to tthe other five ethereal beings.*

Oh, hey! A new person! Hi, new person!
I believe that's Corunei... Coro for short.
We're a quintet of ethereal beings that were formed from different parts of Umbra's psyche when he got exposed to potentially lethal energy.
It's a long story as to why that is...
Someone has been causing Umbra to black out and has been invading his dreams. I've been able to protect him so far, and we've been convening with him in his natural dreams.

*she began to giggle softly to the first voice smiling lightly*

Yes my name is corunei... i am here to try and figure out what is going on and solve this issue.. whatever it is... seems to be looking to hard umbra in his sleep... only reason it would be trying to knock him out constantly... any info i can get... he seems to be surrounded by a dark aura...

*she began to link up with umbra to attempt to help out the ethereal beings in supporting him.*

(07-22-2015, 04:10 AM)Corosar Wrote: *she began to giggle softly to the first voice smiling lightly*

Yes my name is corunei... i am here to try and figure out what is going on and solve this issue.. whatever it is... seems to be looking to hard umbra in his sleep... only reason it would be trying to knock him out constantly... any info i can get... he seems to be surrounded by a dark aura...

*she began to link up with umbra to attempt to help out the ethereal beings in supporting him.*

It's good that you're concerned, but we can oust the intruder fairly easily. After all, this is our home.
Oh! Did you want names? Because we do have names.

(07-22-2015, 04:20 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 04:10 AM)Corosar Wrote: *she began to giggle softly to the first voice smiling lightly*

It's good that you're concerned, but we can oust the intruder fairly easily. After all, this is our home.

It be much easier than just saying you ... you you... and... it be wrong of me to not know of you all... also its kinda my job to make sure the soul of others are safe... if this is something threatening any nearby soul... its often my job to step in.... i... in my world... urmm...

(07-22-2015, 04:28 AM)Corosar Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 04:20 AM)Umbra Wrote: It's good that you're concerned, but we can oust the intruder fairly easily. After all, this is our home.

It be much easier than just saying you ... you you... and... it be wrong of me to not know of you all... also its kinda my job to make sure the soul of others are safe... if this is something threatening any nearby soul... its often my job to step in.... i... in my world... urmm...

Makes enough sense, I guess. I'm Apathy.
I'm his counterpart, Empathy.
My name is Order.
Chaos. Betcha can see a theme here.
I am Superego, and as you might guess from the name, I keep these four in order.
What? We're inside Order?
You know what he meant.
No, I don't.
Okay maybe I do.

(07-22-2015, 04:42 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 04:28 AM)Corosar Wrote: It be much easier than just saying you ... you you... and... it be wrong of me to not know of you all... also its kinda my job to make sure the soul of others are safe... if this is something threatening any nearby soul... its often my job to step in.... i... in my world... urmm...

Makes enough sense, I guess. I'm Apathy.
I'm his counterpart, Empathy.
My name is Order.
Chaos. Betcha can see a theme here.
I am Superego, and as you might guess from the name, I keep these four in order.
What? We're inside Order?
You know what he meant.
No, I don't.
Okay maybe I do.

*she giggled and nodded lightly*

Hmm states of consciousness.. this is definitely rare.... i seen it once or twice before but it seems you have a handful Superego. sorry if i have frightened any of you or put you on guard... its just i feel i had to step in.. see if i can break whatever is causing this issue.. though i doubt my barriers can handle this as much as i am use to.

(07-22-2015, 04:52 AM)Corosar Wrote: *she giggled and nodded lightly*

Hmm states of consciousness.. this is definitely rare.... i seen it once or twice before but it seems you have a handful Superego. sorry if i have frightened any of you or put you on guard... its just i feel i had to step in.. see if i can break whatever is causing this issue.. though i doubt my barriers can handle this as much as i am use to.

Trust me, you're absolutely fine. Umbra isn't in danger as far as I know, so if you wish, we can kick out the intruder that's keeping him asleep.

(07-22-2015, 05:03 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 04:52 AM)Corosar Wrote: *she giggled and nodded lightly*

Trust me, you're absolutely fine. Umbra isn't in danger as far as I know, so if you wish, we can kick out the intruder that's keeping him asleep.

As you wish i will let you all handle it... however i will stand on hand and ready to jump in if i am needed... this world does not feel like there is alot of dead in it... it should allow me to maintain my sight into the ethereal plane. So i may be able to hear you.... though try and be careful!!!

*she slowly got up in the physical plane and started to try and keep an eye on umbra's body*

(07-22-2015, 05:07 AM)Corosar Wrote: As you wish i will let you all handle it... however i will stand on hand and ready to jump in if i am needed... this world does not feel like there is alot of dead in it... it should allow me to maintain my sight into the ethereal plane. So i may be able to hear you.... though try and be careful!!!

*she slowly got up in the physical plane and started to try and keep an eye on umbra's body*

Umbra wakes with a jolt once more, but doesn't say anything for a bit.
"...Huh. Nothing really happened..."

"Well, if no one else needs me, I think I'll head back inside... Have a good night, everyone." He heads back in his tree.
// gotta sleep

(07-22-2015, 05:19 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 05:07 AM)Corosar Wrote: As you wish i will let you all handle it... however i will stand on hand and ready to jump in if i am needed... this world does not feel like there is alot of dead in it... it should allow me to maintain my sight into the ethereal plane. So i may be able to hear you.... though try and be careful!!!

Umbra wakes with a jolt once more, but doesn't say anything for a bit.
"...Huh. Nothing really happened..."

"Well, if no one else needs me, I think I'll head back inside... Have a good night, everyone." He heads back in his tree.
// gotta sleep

Hmm... well we will have to keep an eye out for it.

*her eyes dull back to a natural state.*

sleep well okay umbra!

*she got up and walked back to her place yawning lightly.*

//nini

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 07-22-2015

((So...
Outta curiosity, are souls standardized at all? By that I mean how we have a few rules and regulations and a loose "lore", what about for souls?
-What happens if one is removed from a body? Does the body die or keep functioning?
-Can they be destroyed? Split? We already know they can merge.
-Do they have a general shape or are they like an aura around a person? (for those that can see souls)
-@Ehks I seem to recall Wurgsidian's souls changing "color" when merging. What do the soul colors mean, if anything?
I think this is just 4:00 AM me being all "AMGH W3 MUSST HAV CONSISTINT LOORE ADN REGULASHUNS!!1!" but I am curious.
Those who have characters who can see souls should probably be those with the most input. Of course if people want there to be no rhyme or reason to them that's fine too. After all this is Semiserious, not SRS BSNSS† [R.I.P.]))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 10:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((So...
Outta curiosity, are souls standardized at all? By that I mean how we have a few rules and regulations and a loose "lore", what about for souls?
-What happens if one is removed from a body? Does the body die or keep functioning?
-Can they be destroyed? Split? We already know they can merge.
-Do they have a general shape or are they like an aura around a person? (for those that can see souls)
-@Ehks I seem to recall Wurgsidian's souls changing "color" when merging. What do the soul colors mean, if anything?
I think this is just 4:00 AM me being all "AMGH W3 MUSST HAV CONSISTINT LOORE ADN REGULASHUNS!!1!" but I am curious.
Those who have characters who can see souls should probably be those with the most input. Of course if people want there to be no rhyme or reason to them that's fine too. After all this is Semiserious, not SRS BSNSS† [R.I.P.]))

((Color mostly just indicates who's soul is who's, and the change when merging was to show that no one soul took over - they combined and formed a new one. Souls can be split, though that's usually not a good thing to do at all. Merging souls usually tends to be very problematic, mostly due to the souls being merged being incompatible and the process done really quickly; neither of which happened with Wurg/Ehks. I think they're sphere shaped. Souls can be outside the body for a bit, and the body will remain alive but unconscious for a bit before dying. Souls can be put from one body to another as well. I dunno if they can be destroyed...if a soul is taken out of a body without said body dying, then it wanders forever.
thats all i remember.))

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Timtimthe2nd - 07-22-2015

Tim walks out of his workshop, looking around to see if anyone was around.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 07-22-2015

*Austin exits his house his anthro ice dragon form, seems he is still in the mood to try his other forms* good whatever time it is, oh and hi anybody who is outside.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 05:37 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim walks out of his workshop, looking around to see if anyone was around.

Tim, by any chance, do you have a large flash boiler?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Timtimthe2nd - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 06:19 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 05:37 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: Tim walks out of his workshop, looking around to see if anyone was around.

Tim, by any chance, do you have a large flash boiler?

"Why? What do you need it for?"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 06:22 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 06:19 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: Tim, by any chance, do you have a large flash boiler?

"Why? What do you need it for?"

I had an odd dream.
And I was handed a list.
And it just so happens a flash boiler was on the list, along with other bits and bobs.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 06:59 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 06:22 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: "Why? What do you need it for?"

I had an odd dream.
And I was handed a list.
And it just so happens a flash boiler was on the list, along with other bits and bobs.

are you sure you should listen to just any old dream, even if it was a bit odd, you know coruni found some kind of supernatural thing.