Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Timtimthe2nd - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 06:59 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 06:22 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: "Why? What do you need it for?"

I had an odd dream.
And I was handed a list.
And it just so happens a flash boiler was on the list, along with other bits and bobs.

"Yeah, no. Why don't you go check with that guy at the shop? He might have one."

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 07:22 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 06:59 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: I had an odd dream.
And I was handed a list.
And it just so happens a flash boiler was on the list, along with other bits and bobs.

"Yeah, no. Why don't you go check with that guy at the shop? He might have one."
Which one?
The shop keeper

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Timtimthe2nd - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 07:55 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 07:22 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote: "Yeah, no. Why don't you go check with that guy at the shop? He might have one."
Which one?
The shop keeper

"The one who had all of those weird odds and ends."

//Aka yellow text guy

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 07-22-2015

*if anyone goes into Danu's kitchen, they would find a very stuffed Avali and raided cabinets. He's quietly curled up on his side looking rather peaceful among a disaster area, his uncomfortably distended gut still noticeable.

It seems one of the side effects of his brain swelling is sleep eating*

//everyone lock up your kitchens, we got a sleepwalker

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 08:30 PM)Marxon Wrote: *if anyone goes into Danu's kitchen, they would find a very stuffed Avali and raided cabinets. He's quietly curled up on his side looking rather peaceful among a disaster area, his uncomfortably distended gut still noticeable.

It seems one of the side effects of his brain swelling is sleep eating*

//everyone lock up your kitchens, we got a sleepwalker
//i wonder who else will have to learn the hard way in rp, well i don't think danu will be happy.

(07-22-2015, 08:16 PM)Timtimthe2nd Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 07:55 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: Which one?
The shop keeper

"The one who had all of those weird odds and ends."

//Aka yellow text guy

Ohh that guy.
Speaking of that, where is he?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Corosar - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 11:22 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 10:57 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((So...
Outta curiosity, are souls standardized at all? By that I mean how we have a few rules and regulations and a loose "lore", what about for souls?
-What happens if one is removed from a body? Does the body die or keep functioning?
-Can they be destroyed? Split? We already know they can merge.
-Do they have a general shape or are they like an aura around a person? (for those that can see souls)
-@Ehks I seem to recall Wurgsidian's souls changing "color" when merging. What do the soul colors mean, if anything?
I think this is just 4:00 AM me being all "AMGH W3 MUSST HAV CONSISTINT LOORE ADN REGULASHUNS!!1!" but I am curious.
Those who have characters who can see souls should probably be those with the most input. Of course if people want there to be no rhyme or reason to them that's fine too. After all this is Semiserious, not SRS BSNSS† [R.I.P.]))

((Color mostly just indicates who's soul is who's, and the change when merging was to show that no one soul took over - they combined and formed a new one. Souls can be split, though that's usually not a good thing to do at all. Merging souls usually tends to be very problematic, mostly due to the souls being merged being incompatible and the process done really quickly; neither of which happened with Wurg/Ehks. I think they're sphere shaped. Souls can be outside the body for a bit, and the body will remain alive but unconscious for a bit before dying. Souls can be put from one body to another as well. I dunno if they can be destroyed...if a soul is taken out of a body without said body dying, then it wanders forever.
thats all i remember.))
//As my character's world worked a soul's colour determined the intention of the owner... its a huge list so i don't really use it in this RP as its too complex and convoluted.

as for merging yes they can however the stronger soul usually takes dominance in control unless they have some sort of cooperation between the two and it remains afterwards when it becomes one.

Split souls however are dangerous as weaker souls fade into nothingness. larger souls however can be repaired if its strong enough to survive being broken down.

They are gem like with a small flame inside. the flame shows the life of the body the soul is linked to and when the flame goes out so does the life of the host body. its a trigger to signal a reaper to move it onto the next life.

a soul can take over a husk body if transplanted and can be removed without harming the body. once it is transplanted it becomes attached to that new body and the old body wonders as a husk of its former self.

The person's memories and thoughts can also be conveyed through their souls as it holds all the memories of its past lives if it has any. when the flames die out the memories are locked away.

Synthetic souls do not have the flame in them and don't send off the same energies as a natural soul. This causes issues with reapers as synthetic souls shatter and fade into nothing when the host body dies.

A soul is not indestructible though it takes alot to destroy them... especially with powerful souls.. a soul that is able to erect a barrier tends to be impervious to most things that would eradicate other souls. A reaper is trained from birth to have a strong soul to fight against others that may resist against them.

The flame inside the soul would be more likened to the spirit of someone. When the flame dies... its considered the end of that person.

This is how i have seen Souls in the RP sense... not sure if you wish to use it as standard though

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Shaadaris - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 11:22 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Color mostly just indicates who's soul is who's, and the change when merging was to show that no one soul took over - they combined and formed a new one. Souls can be split, though that's usually not a good thing to do at all. Merging souls usually tends to be very problematic, mostly due to the souls being merged being incompatible and the process done really quickly; neither of which happened with Wurg/Ehks. I think they're sphere shaped. Souls can be outside the body for a bit, and the body will remain alive but unconscious for a bit before dying. Souls can be put from one body to another as well. I dunno if they can be destroyed...if a soul is taken out of a body without said body dying, then it wanders forever.
thats all i remember.))
(07-22-2015, 09:24 PM)Corosar Wrote: //As my character's world worked a soul's colour determined the intention of the owner... its a huge list so i don't really use it in this RP as its too complex and convoluted.

as for merging yes they can however the stronger soul usually takes dominance in control unless they have some sort of cooperation between the two and it remains afterwards when it becomes one.

Split souls however are dangerous as weaker souls fade into nothingness. larger souls however can be repaired if its strong enough to survive being broken down.

They are gem like with a small flame inside. the flame shows the life of the body the soul is linked to and when the flame goes out so does the life of the host body. its a trigger to signal a reaper to move it onto the next life.

a soul can take over a husk body if transplanted and can be removed without harming the body. once it is transplanted it becomes attached to that new body and the old body wonders as a husk of its former self.

The person's memories and thoughts can also be conveyed through their souls as it holds all the memories of its past lives if it has any. when the flames die out the memories are locked away.

Synthetic souls do not have the flame in them and don't send off the same energies as a natural soul. This causes issues with reapers as synthetic souls shatter and fade into nothing when the host body dies.

A soul is not indestructible though it takes alot to destroy them... especially with powerful souls.. a soul that is able to erect a barrier tends to be impervious to most things that would eradicate other souls. A reaper is trained from birth to have a strong soul to fight against others that may resist against them.

The flame inside the soul would be more likened to the spirit of someone. When the flame dies... its considered the end of that person.

This is how i have seen Souls in the RP sense... not sure if you wish to use it as standard though

Hm... Two rather different systems... Maybe how the souls are seen depends on the observer? Bleh, I dunno. Who decides these things? Odin and Ehks I guess?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 08:30 PM)Marxon Wrote: *if anyone goes into Danu's kitchen, they would find a very stuffed Avali and raided cabinets. He's quietly curled up on his side looking rather peaceful among a disaster area, his uncomfortably distended gut still noticeable. It seems one of the side effects of his brain swelling is sleep eating* //everyone lock up your kitchens, we got a sleepwalker

Danu wasn't home anyway, having gone into the woods to relax and enjoy the sights. She was on her way home now,  a little bit of mud on her white robe and a smile on her face as she sipped some tea with a backpack on her back.

(07-22-2015, 10:29 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 11:22 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: ((Color mostly just indicates who's soul is who's, and the change when merging was to show that no one soul took over - they combined and formed a new one. Souls can be split, though that's usually not a good thing to do at all. Merging souls usually tends to be very problematic, mostly due to the souls being merged being incompatible and the process done really quickly; neither of which happened with Wurg/Ehks. I think they're sphere shaped. Souls can be outside the body for a bit, and the body will remain alive but unconscious for a bit before dying. Souls can be put from one body to another as well. I dunno if they can be destroyed...if a soul is taken out of a body without said body dying, then it wanders forever. thats all i remember.))
(07-22-2015, 09:24 PM)Corosar Wrote: //As my character's world worked a soul's colour determined the intention of the owner... its a huge list so i don't really use it in this RP as its too complex and convoluted. as for merging yes they can however the stronger soul usually takes dominance in control unless they have some sort of cooperation between the two and it remains afterwards when it becomes one. Split souls however are dangerous as weaker souls fade into nothingness. larger souls however can be repaired if its strong enough to survive being broken down. They are gem like with a small flame inside. the flame shows the life of the body the soul is linked to and when the flame goes out so does the life of the host body. its a trigger to signal a reaper to move it onto the next life. a soul can take over a husk body if transplanted and can be removed without harming the body. once it is transplanted it becomes attached to that new body and the old body wonders as a husk of its former self. The person's memories and thoughts can also be conveyed through their souls as it holds all the memories of its past lives if it has any. when the flames die out the memories are locked away. Synthetic souls do not have the flame in them and don't send off the same energies as a natural soul. This causes issues with reapers as synthetic souls shatter and fade into nothing when the host body dies. A soul is not indestructible though it takes alot to destroy them... especially with powerful souls.. a soul that is able to erect a barrier tends to be impervious to most things that would eradicate other souls. A reaper is trained from birth to have a strong soul to fight against others that may resist against them. The flame inside the soul would be more likened to the spirit of someone. When the flame dies... its considered the end of that person. This is how i have seen Souls in the RP sense... not sure if you wish to use it as standard though
Hm... Two rather different systems... Maybe how the souls are seen depends on the observer? Bleh, I dunno. Who decides these things? Odin and Ehks I guess?

//Far as I know this RP hasn't really defined the mechanics of the soul. The only thing approaching the subject is death and revival. When a character dies, a translucent crystal appears somewhere near their body. That crystal can be collected by a friend and brought to Wurg. Once several people have pledged support for that person's return, the crystal will glow brightly and can be installed in a machine that reanimates the fallen ally using the soul, memories, and physical data contained within the crystal. However if someone does not gather enough support or takes too long to do so, the crystal will blacken and shatter- making the death permanent. I would imagine that in the event of a crystal shattering the soul within would be released to go on to the next life, or however we end up deciding lore for their passing.

*a dark aura begins to fallow corunei
//sorry if I spelled it wrong

(07-22-2015, 10:54 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a dark aura begins to fallow corunei

*she feels slightly off... something telling her there is something very wrong right now. She looked about trying to figure out what she is sensing.*

hmmm... w... what is that...

//you got it right

(07-22-2015, 11:01 PM)Corosar Wrote:

*she feels slightly off... something telling her there is something very wrong right now. She looked about trying to figure out what she is sensing.*

//you got it right
*you stare hearing random, indecipherable wispers*

(07-22-2015, 11:13 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 11:01 PM)Corosar Wrote: *she feels slightly off... something telling her there is something very wrong right now. She looked about trying to figure out what she is sensing.*

//you got it right
*you stare hearing random, indecipherable wispers*

*she tilted her head a bit hmming softly as her eyes began to glow and peer into the ethereal plane.*

I know something is out there... what are you!

(07-22-2015, 11:16 PM)Corosar Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 11:13 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *you stare hearing random, indecipherable wispers*

*she tilted her head a bit hmming softly as her eyes began to glow and peer into the ethereal plane.*

*the aura stops moving, Andy begine to twitch, almsot as if it's fighting itself*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 11:01 PM)Corosar Wrote:

//you got it right
*Austin in his last form an anthro ice dragon form waves at you in the distance, obviously not able to hear you*

(07-22-2015, 11:24 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 11:16 PM)Corosar Wrote: *she tilted her head a bit hmming softly as her eyes began to glow and peer into the ethereal plane.*

*the aura stops moving, Andy begine to twitch, almsot as if it's fighting itself*

*she looked around trying to discover whats going on.*

what are you... why are you attaching yourself to others... what is your purpose in this world!

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - OdinYggd - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 11:24 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 11:16 PM)Corosar Wrote: *she tilted her head a bit hmming softly as her eyes began to glow and peer into the ethereal plane.*

Danu approaches Corosar, smiling sweetly as she watches her new friend.

Hearing her call out, Danu abruptly freezes, suspecting Corosar knew the truth.

"Its just Danu? Is something wrong Corosar?"

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 07-22-2015

(07-22-2015, 11:29 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 11:24 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the aura stops moving, Andy begine to twitch, almsot as if it's fighting itself*

*the overstuffed avali still rests in the kitchen*

(07-22-2015, 11:29 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 11:24 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the aura stops moving, Andy begine to twitch, almsot as if it's fighting itself*

*she looked over to Danu tilting her head a bit and sighing lightly*

I am trying to deal with something that seems supernatural w...why do you look so shocked.... what is on your mind?

*her eyes glowed ethereally as she stared at danu*

(07-22-2015, 11:28 PM)Corosar Wrote:

*she looked around trying to discover whats going on.*

what are you... why are you attaching yourself to others... what is your purpose in this world!

*something massive and black drops from the sky, crusing The aura.*