Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 07-25-2015

(07-25-2015, 07:29 PM)You Marxon Wrote: // a cookie for whoever can guess where the acid rain is coming from

//terraformer?

(07-25-2015, 07:27 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:24 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the red enegry seems to enrage the nightmare, causing it to flail its fists at surge*

Umbra shines the flashlight on the shadow double to see if there's any reaction.

*it freezes in place*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 07-25-2015

(07-25-2015, 07:31 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:30 PM)Marxon Wrote: (Cheap...)

// Buh... Pain! And fighting!
// that's still really freaking cheap, pulling something out of thin air.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 07-25-2015

(07-25-2015, 07:29 PM)Marxon Wrote: // a cookie for whoever can guess where the acid rain is coming from

// something in the atmosphere?... Smoke?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 07-25-2015

(07-25-2015, 07:30 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:25 PM)Surge Wrote: HEY OW STOP THAT
*throws his hands up to try and block but doesn't appear to be harmed by the blows either way*

*you have the sudden urge to fall asleep*
*being unfamiliar with the notion of needing any sleep, mistakes the urge for low power and attempts to generate some, though the acidic rain currently has his attention*

(07-25-2015, 07:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:29 PM)Marxon Wrote: // a cookie for whoever can guess where the acid rain is coming from

// something in the atmosphere?... Smoke?
// closer...

(07-25-2015, 07:31 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *it freezes in place*

"Huh. Ehks was right... Kind of." He slaps the double with the flat of the construct blade.

(07-25-2015, 07:32 PM)Marxon Wrote: // that's still really freaking cheap, pulling something out of thin air.

// It has a cost. All the technology like that does.
// Summoning stuff like that directly takes energy from Umbra's body... Hence why he got so tired when he was fighting Samhain's nanite clones.
// I know better than to just do stuff like that without a drawback.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 07-25-2015

(07-25-2015, 07:33 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:32 PM)Umbra Wrote: // something in the atmosphere?... Smoke?
// closer...

//uh, something to do with marxon? yes or no.

(07-25-2015, 07:35 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:31 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *it freezes in place*

"Huh. Ehks was right... Kind of." He slaps the double with the flat of the construct blade.

(07-25-2015, 07:32 PM)Marxon Wrote: // that's still really freaking cheap, pulling something out of thin air.

// It has a cost. All the technology like that does.
// Summoning stuff like that directly takes energy from Umbra's body... Hence why he got so tired when he was fighting Samhain's nanite clones.
// I know better than to just do stuff like that without a drawback.
// some things can't be balanced by a drawback, because they are just too general or powerful.

// take for example a small ship detonating it's reactor to destroy an entire fleet, the energy just isn't there... energy to mass will never be practical without high density material fuel, like neutronium, assuming you have the resources to synthesize it...

//the lesson here? Don't reinvent the wheel, put on a coat, seek shelter, MAN UP! Not everything needs excessive amounts of tech and thought put into it

(07-25-2015, 07:33 PM)Marxon Wrote: // closer...

// Hmm... Can't really think of anything else, unless a ship or something has been pumping things into the atmosphere.

(07-25-2015, 07:35 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:

//uh, something to do with marxon? yes or no.

//wait maybe something to do with this Flashbang_Deafenhine guy person.

(07-25-2015, 07:33 PM)Surge Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:30 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *you have the sudden urge to fall asleep*
*being unfamiliar with the notion of needing any sleep, mistakes the urge for low power and attempts to generate some, though the acidic rain currently has his attention*

*the nightmares ignore the sleeping nanites, and smashes the flashlight out of umbras hand*

(07-25-2015, 07:42 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// Hmm... Can't really think of anything else, unless a ship or something has been pumping things into the atmosphere.
// there's a ship, drilling to the core, dumping ludicrous amounts of radioactive material into it...

// guess what fissile metals do under pressure and when they decay? Generate heat...

// what does a hotter core mean?

//VASTLY INCREASED VOLCANIC ACTIVITY

(07-25-2015, 07:40 PM)Marxon Wrote: // some things can't be balanced by a drawback, because they are just too general or powerful.

// take for example a small ship detonating it's reactor to destroy an entire fleet, the energy just isn't there... energy to mass will never be practical without high density material fuel, like neutronium, assuming you have the resources to synthesize it...

//the lesson here? Don't reinvent the wheel, put on a coat, seek shelter, MAN UP! Not everything needs excessive amounts of tech and thought put into it

// As far as I can tell, the balance in this thing has been working well enough. It's not invincible, since the constructs CAN be shattered, and maintaining them tires Umbra over time, scaling with size and quantity... I can't see this being overly powerful at all.

// You do have a point, though- however, Umbra is stuck in a fight and doesn't have the option to run inside and/or grab a coat.

(07-25-2015, 07:45 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:40 PM)Marxon Wrote: // some things can't be balanced by a drawback, because they are just too general or powerful.

// As far as I can tell, the balance in this thing has been working well enough. It's not invincible, since the constructs CAN be shattered, and maintaining them tires Umbra over time, scaling with size and quantity... I can't see this being overly powerful at all.

// You do have a point, though- however, Umbra is stuck in a fight and doesn't have the option to run inside and/or grab a coat.
// acid rain is painful, not lethal, unless you sleep in it

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 07-25-2015

(07-25-2015, 07:44 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:33 PM)Surge Wrote: *being unfamiliar with the notion of needing any sleep, mistakes the urge for low power and attempts to generate some, though the acidic rain currently has his attention*

*the nightmares ignore the sleeping nanites, and smashes the flashlight out of umbras hand*
Hey! I'm supposed to be distracting you!

(07-25-2015, 07:44 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the nightmares ignore the sleeping nanites, and smashes the flashlight out of umbras hand*

"Hey! I needed that!" Umbra steps back a bit, unsummoning the sword and armor, then running to his house-tree.

(07-25-2015, 07:44 PM)Marxon Wrote: // there's a ship, drilling to the core, dumping ludicrous amounts of radioactive material into it...

// guess what fissile metals do under pressure and when they decay? Generate heat...

// I don't remember there being any volcanoes anywhere...
// But, eh... I'll roll with it, I guess...

(07-25-2015, 07:44 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:42 PM)Umbra Wrote: // Hmm... Can't really think of anything else, unless a ship or something has been pumping things into the atmosphere.
// there's a ship, drilling to the core, dumping ludicrous amounts of radioactive material into it...

//why is it drilling in the first place, who decided it would be a good idea to let it dig and why is it dumping things into the hole, doesn't sound useful in any way shape or form.

(07-25-2015, 07:47 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:44 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the nightmares ignore the sleeping nanites, and smashes the flashlight out of umbras hand*

"Hey! I needed that!" Umbra steps back a bit, unsummoning the sword and armor, then running to his house-tree.

(07-25-2015, 07:44 PM)Marxon Wrote: // there's a ship, drilling to the core, dumping ludicrous amounts of radioactive material into it...

*the power cables in your house have been cut, causing there to be no electrify in the house, and the surged ugh tmade chases you down*

(07-25-2015, 07:54 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-25-2015, 07:47 PM)Umbra Wrote: "Hey! I needed that!" Umbra steps back a bit, unsummoning the sword and armor, then running to his house-tree.

*the power cables in your house have been cut, causing there to be no electrify in the house, and the surged ugh tmade chases you down*

Since the house doesn't even run on electricity, light still persists. Umbra closes the door and locks it, quickly climbing up the ladder and to the third floor- the workshop.
"Come on, come on... Where is it?..." Umbra starts rummaging for something.

(07-25-2015, 07:47 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// volcanoes can form in days

(07-25-2015, 07:48 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:

//why is it drilling in the first place, who decided it would be a good idea to let it dig and why is it dumping things into the hole, doesn't sound useful in any way shape or form.

// what did you think the white monolith was for?