Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 03:17 AM)Marxon Wrote: // i had this planned, and just because it bothers you you want me to just change cause/effect?

// Don't go yelling down my throat because you want to do a ton of destructive shit.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 03:17 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:16 AM)Umbra Wrote: // Can we not descend back into the time where everyone was constantly in danger?
// Because that was really not fun.
Umbra's tree catches and starts burning-slash-disintegrating very slowly.
"Oh, great... I wish we just got rid of that fucking terraformer when we had the chance."
// i had this planned, and just because it bothers you you want me to just change cause/effect?

//suddenly, out of nowhere, it's pretty much impossible for people to go outside because of the rain, unless they're mechanical and can replace lost mass, or have some sort of acid resistant covering. Then drones start falling from the sky, making it even more inhospitable, and thus making possible RP even harder to start. Yes, this is something to take issue with, because it affects everyone tremendously, and pretty much just stops RP from happening in general because no one can leave their house without being killed or severely injured.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 03:21 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:17 AM)Marxon Wrote: // i had this planned, and just because it bothers you you want me to just change cause/effect?

//suddenly, out of nowhere, it's pretty much impossible for people to go outside because of the rain, unless they're mechanical and can replace lost mass, or have some sort of acid resistant covering. Then drones start falling from the sky, making it even more inhospitable, and thus making possible RP even harder to start. Yes, this is something to take issue with, because it affects everyone tremendously, and pretty much just stops RP from happening in general because no one can leave their house without being killed or severely injured.

// oh so i can't do anything but Shaadaris can have a whole mountain destroyed...

(07-26-2015, 03:23 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:21 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: //suddenly, out of nowhere, it's pretty much impossible for people to go outside because of the rain, unless they're mechanical and can replace lost mass, or have some sort of acid resistant covering. Then drones start falling from the sky, making it even more inhospitable, and thus making possible RP even harder to start. Yes, this is something to take issue with, because it affects everyone tremendously, and pretty much just stops RP from happening in general because no one can leave their house without being killed or severely injured.

// oh so i can't do anything but Shaadaris can have a whole mountain destroyed...

// That was different. Leveling the mountain didn't hurt/kill any characters but his own (which was to further the storyline he's weaving) while you're straight up making the planet inhospitable.

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 07-26-2015

*the rain lets up to a light drizzle, and it seems only a few drones fell*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 03:17 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:15 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *more streamers arive, draging  umbra steadily away*

They all get shocked, and Umbra tethers himself down with a hookshot construct.
"Someone do something, please!"

*the hood shot begins to slip, due to the fact that it's raining, and everything is muddy and, a streamer wraps around your mouth, preventing you from talking*

(07-26-2015, 03:24 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:23 AM)Marxon Wrote: // oh so i can't do anything but Shaadaris can have a whole mountain destroyed...

// That was different. Leveling the mountain didn't hurt/kill any characters but his own (which was to further the storyline he's weaving) while you're straight up making the planet inhospitable.
// oh so a terraformer left alone for weeks is expected to do absolutely nothing? This is the result of innaction more or less

(07-26-2015, 03:24 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the rain lets up to a light drizzle, and it seems only a few drones fell*

"Oh, thank god... Now I have to get these weird dark streamer things off me and put out my house before it burns down. No big deal."
His eyelid twitches.
"Seriously, somebody help me out here!"

(07-26-2015, 03:26 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:24 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the rain lets up to a light drizzle, and it seems only a few drones fell*

"Oh, thank god... Now I have to get these weird dark streamer things off me and put out my house before it burns down. No big deal."
His eyelid twitches.
*the drone stuck in the tree stutters*

Fire detected...

*suddenly it sprays fire suppressing foam all over the flames*

(07-26-2015, 03:26 AM)Umbra Wrote:

His eyelid twitches.

*a streamer covers your mouth, preventing speech, and the hook shot is dislodged from the ground*

(07-26-2015, 03:25 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *the hood shot begins to slip, due to the fact that it's raining, and everything is muddy*

Considering the fact that he's standing on stone, this seems a bit nonsensical to Umbra, but he gets another hookshot into the ground anyway before the other one completely slips.
"I can't hold this up forever... Can somebody please get rid of whatever's trying to drag me into a dark area?"

(07-26-2015, 03:23 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:21 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: //suddenly, out of nowhere, it's pretty much impossible for people to go outside because of the rain, unless they're mechanical and can replace lost mass, or have some sort of acid resistant covering. Then drones start falling from the sky, making it even more inhospitable, and thus making possible RP even harder to start. Yes, this is something to take issue with, because it affects everyone tremendously, and pretty much just stops RP from happening in general because no one can leave their house without being killed or severely injured.

//You're comparing apples to oranges. the mountain's destruction only affected the mountain, and that location specifically. The acid rain is falling everywhere. The mountain blowing up didn't stifle RP by keeping everyone in their house and unable to talk to others, it pretty much was a beacon going "hey guys come outside and DO STUFF YEAH". Plus, no one aside from Shaad's characters were on the mountain when it got destroyed. no one was hurt directly by the explosion, except his own characters. You didn't have to go to the mountain and participate with that, because it didn't affect anyone unless you wanted it to affect your character.

(07-26-2015, 03:28 AM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:26 AM)Umbra Wrote: "Oh, thank god... Now I have to get these weird dark streamer things off me and put out my house before it burns down. No big deal."
His eyelid twitches.

*a streamer covers your mouth, preventing speech, and the hook shot is dislodged from the ground*
// are you just causing trouble or is there a point?

(07-26-2015, 03:28 AM)Marxon Wrote: *the drone stuck in the tree stutters*

Fire detected...

"Well, that's one less problem to-"

(07-26-2015, 03:28 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a streamer covers your mouth, preventing speech, and the hook shot is dislodged from the ground*

Shit.
Umbra gets dragged wherever the streamers are taking him- no doubt seen by the other people he's standing nearby.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 03:26 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:24 AM)Umbra Wrote: // That was different. Leveling the mountain didn't hurt/kill any characters but his own (which was to further the storyline he's weaving) while you're straight up making the planet inhospitable.
// oh so a terraformer left alone for weeks is expected to do absolutely nothing? This is the result of innaction more or less

//it won't just suddenly effect the environment it's gonna be gradual and noticeable.

(07-26-2015, 03:29 AM)Ehksidian Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:23 AM)Marxon Wrote: // oh so i can't do anything but Shaadaris can have a whole mountain destroyed...

//You're comparing apples to oranges. the mountain's destruction only affected the mountain, and that location specifically. The acid rain is falling everywhere. The mountain blowing up didn't stifle RP by keeping everyone in their house and unable to talk to others, it pretty much was a beacon going "hey guys come outside and DO STUFF YEAH". Plus, no one aside from Shaad's characters were on the mountain when it got destroyed. no one was hurt directly by the explosion, except his own characters. You didn't have to go to the mountain and participate with that, because it didn't affect anyone unless you wanted it to affect your character.
//i already made the changes needed and you STILL get in my face about it...

// eager to vent are we?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 07-26-2015

(07-26-2015, 03:30 AM)Umbra Wrote:

Fire detected...

(07-26-2015, 03:28 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a streamer covers your mouth, preventing speech, and the hook shot is dislodged from the ground*

Shit.
Umbra gets dragged wherever the streamers are taking him- no doubt seen by the other people he's standing nearby.
Right! Hang on! *runs after umbra*

(07-26-2015, 03:30 AM)Umbra Wrote:

Fire detected...

Shit.
*you see a pitch black kineptic standing in the shadows, holding a eldrich looking roman candle*

(07-26-2015, 03:30 AM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:26 AM)Marxon Wrote: // oh so a terraformer left alone for weeks is expected to do absolutely nothing? This is the result of innaction more or less

//it won't just suddenly effect the environment it's gonna be gradual and noticeable.
// it has been gradual, only now has acid rain begun

(07-26-2015, 03:30 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(07-26-2015, 03:29 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: //You're comparing apples to oranges. the mountain's destruction only affected the mountain, and that location specifically. The acid rain is falling everywhere. The mountain blowing up didn't stifle RP by keeping everyone in their house and unable to talk to others, it pretty much was a beacon going "hey guys come outside and DO STUFF YEAH". Plus, no one aside from Shaad's characters were on the mountain when it got destroyed. no one was hurt directly by the explosion, except his own characters. You didn't have to go to the mountain and participate with that, because it didn't affect anyone unless you wanted it to affect your character.
//i already made the changes needed and you STILL get in my face about it...

// eager to vent are we?

//i can't see posts when they're being made. i didn't see your post altering that when i made my post.