Avali Nexus
Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: The Archives (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+---- Thread: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo (/showthread.php?tid=30)

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Umbra - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 03:37 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [So...there's five of you...where are the other three? And I assume he doesn't really directly talk to you because of said mental wall, correct?]

They just haven't decided to show up yet. And no, he broke down the mental wall once he realized we exist, and that we have information and skills that would be useful to him. We've especially been helping out ever since the nightmares showed up.
He had to meet with Sheogorath a bit before the wall was broken, however... It wasn't the best experience for any of us.
Right. So, about the other three... Two of them are counterparts to us. I'm Apathy, and he's Order... Can you guess their names?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Ehksidian - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 03:49 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 03:37 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [So...there's five of you...where are the other three? And I assume he doesn't really directly talk to you because of said mental wall, correct?]

They just haven't decided to show up yet. And no, he broke down the mental wall once he realized we exist, and that we have information and skills that would be useful to him. We've especially been helping out ever since the nightmares showed up.
He had to meet with Sheogorath a bit before the wall was broken, however... It wasn't the best experience for any of us.
Right. So, about the other three... Two of them are counterparts to us. I'm Apathy, and he's Order... Can you guess their names?

[Chaos and...well, the exact opposite of Apathy would be extreme amounts of emotion, but I don't know which specific emotion...so I can't say. Hm.]

(08-05-2015, 03:51 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [Chaos and...well, the exact opposite of Apathy would be extreme amounts of emotion, but I don't know which specific emotion...so I can't say. Hm.]

Well, you were right about Chaos.
Can I join in?
This voice is a bit calming... Like the sea, or something.
Eh. Go ahead.
I'm going to take my leave.
Right. See ya.

(08-05-2015, 05:14 AM)Surge Wrote: [Image: uswQw9O.gifv]
Fuck pocket whales, pouch sharks are the future of inconveniently aquatic pets.

// ...Uh...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Surge - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 05:15 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 05:14 AM)Surge Wrote: [Image: uswQw9O.gifv]
Fuck pocket whales, pouch sharks are the future of inconveniently aquatic pets.

// ...Uh...
(ignore me, I'm stupid and lazy.
Seriously though I usually have the main thread up on my PC and browse this one on tapatalk, so when I went over to post the gif I forgot I wasn't in the main thread)

(08-05-2015, 05:23 AM)Surge Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 05:15 AM)Umbra Wrote: // ...Uh...
(ignore me, I'm stupid and lazy.
Seriously though I usually have the main thread up on my PC and browse this one on tapatalk, so when I went over to post the gif I forgot I wasn't in the main thread)

// Ah. Yeah, that's forgivable.

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 03:30 AM)Umbra Wrote:

[i]You already know that Umbra's from the Skyrim dimension, right? Well, while he was there, an insane, living thought being was planted in his mind by Sheogorath, the Daedric prince of madness, as punishment for... Uh... What was it?...

I doubt he even had a reason.
Whatever. Anyway, this voice kept compelling Umbra to lie, cheat, steal- that kind of thing. Eventually, he made a mental block to the "tumor" and wasn't bothered again. Then- much, much later- those "Ether" gloves of his malfunctioned and a ton of the otherdimensional, possibly magical energy split that being into five pieces, and each one took on a different aspect of Umbra's personality and moral code. You're talking to two of them. I'm mostly based off his logic and reasoning.
I am the part of him that deals with strategy and lawfulness.

[/i]

(08-05-2015, 02:22 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: He's probally a cube in a part of your hosue that you never bother to look.
Says, don't you have a god to kill?

"What are you even talking about?"
Umbra hasn't forgotten- he's just making sure whether or not Showtime actually knows about the deal- or if it's actually him.

Being dangled head first in oblivion can really change a person.

(08-05-2015, 04:50 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 03:51 AM)Ehksidian Wrote: [Chaos and...well, the exact opposite of Apathy would be extreme amounts of emotion, but I don't know which specific emotion...so I can't say. Hm.]

Well, you were right about Chaos.
Can I join in?
This voice is a bit calming... Like the sea, or something.
Eh. Go ahead.
I'm going to take my leave.
Right. See ya.

[Hello. And you are...?]

(08-05-2015, 10:33 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: Being dangled head first in oblivion can really change a person.

"...What do you mean?"

(08-05-2015, 03:28 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [Hello. And you are...?]

Empathy, Apathy's counterpart. Nice to finally meet you, Wurg.

(08-05-2015, 04:01 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 10:33 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: Being dangled head first in oblivion can really change a person.

"...What do you mean?"

[Ah, okay. Nice to meet you as well, Empathy. So that just leaves Chaos and...whoever the fifth one is. I wasn't aware Umbra had so many other entities in his head. If I...well, it's not like I consciously made the choice to do this anyways.]

Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 08-05-2015

Uhhhhhh...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 04:09 PM)Marxon Wrote: Uhhhhhh...

*Austin is gone and a note is near you saying* sorry nobody available has a ship. you should be fine though right?

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 04:18 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 04:09 PM)Marxon Wrote: Uhhhhhh...

*Austin is gone and a note is near you saying* sorry nobody available has a ship. you should be fine though right?
Fuck me...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - AustinLB90 - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 04:20 PM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 04:18 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote: *Austin is gone and a note is near you saying* sorry nobody available has a ship. you should be fine though right?
Fuck me...

*there's also a sandwich but it's on the opposite side of you, where the note is not*

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Marxon - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 04:31 PM)AustinLB90 Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 04:20 PM)Marxon Wrote: Fuck me...

*there's also a sandwich but it's on the opposite side of you, where the note is not*
O_o

^_^

*nom*

I need to bandage my skin up...

RE: Avali Nexus Semiserious RP 2: Electric Boogaloo - Joeythomas - 08-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 04:01 PM)Umbra Wrote:

"...What do you mean?"

Where do you think the nightmare held me hostage?

(08-05-2015, 04:08 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [Ah, okay. Nice to meet you as well, Empathy. So that just leaves Chaos and...whoever the fifth one is. I wasn't aware Umbra had so many other entities in his head. If I...well, it's not like I consciously made the choice to do this anyways.]

It's fine. Chaos is the only crazy one out of all of us, if it makes you feel better.

(08-05-2015, 04:42 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: Where do you think the nightmare held me hostage?

"Iunno. You just got shoved out of a corner, and I don't sleeptalk..."

(08-05-2015, 07:56 PM)Umbra Wrote: It's fine. Chaos is the only crazy one out of all of us, if it makes you feel better.

[That's reassuring...I guess. Though I do worry that having this many voices in his head will end badly. Then again, he did have Beweal for a long time...I wonder what happened to him? I don't sense any other Ateros connections. Maybe I just can't sense them or something...]

(08-05-2015, 08:30 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [That's reassuring...I guess. Though I do worry that having this many voices in his head will end badly. Then again, he did have Beweal for a long time...I wonder what happened to him? I don't sense any other Ateros connections. Maybe I just can't sense them or something...]

Even we don't know where Beweal went... And that's saying something, since I have the strongest foresight. Umbra will be fine, though- we're essentially embodiments of different parts of his brain, so we don't count as five other voices. Even then, he has a strong will and mind. Having the tumor planted by Sheogorath wasn't a hindrance in every way- it gave him something to train his thought-blocking and the like on.
You are right, though... We've been worrying about it for some time. If we can find some way to extend out of Umbra's mind without endangering anyone or anything, we'll do so. Empathy and Order think that if we can figure out how the Nightmares manifest, we could use it to our advantage. Anyway... Want me to drag someone else in here?

(08-05-2015, 08:45 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(08-05-2015, 08:30 PM)Ehksidian Wrote: [That's reassuring...I guess. Though I do worry that having this many voices in his head will end badly. Then again, he did have Beweal for a long time...I wonder what happened to him? I don't sense any other Ateros connections. Maybe I just can't sense them or something...]

Even we don't know where Beweal went... And that's saying something, since I have the strongest foresight. Umbra will be fine, though- we're essentially embodiments of different parts of his brain, so we don't count as five other voices. Even then, he has a strong will and mind. Having the tumor planted by Sheogorath wasn't a hindrance in every way- it gave him something to train his thought-blocking and the like on.
You are right, though... We've been worrying about it for some time. If we can find some way to extend out of Umbra's mind without endangering anyone or anything, we'll do so. Empathy and Order think that if we can figure out how the Nightmares manifest, we could use it to our advantage. Anyway... Want me to drag someone else in here?

[Uh, yeah, sure. Maybe I should ask Umbra to grab a speaker or something for me to assimilate so I can at least speak in the mean time...]