Avali Nexus
Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - SCN-3_NULL - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 02:03 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 01:42 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: what file structure? you just extract the zip file and in the extracted folder should be a modinfo file thing(mcmod.info) and assets folder, unless the server cant accept that

Edit: if everything is in the 1.7.10 folder then I suggest put mcheli's folder outside of 1.7.10 folder

That's the problem I was talking about.
If it's outside of the 1.7.10 folder, it might cause problems. It shouldn't be too bad if you keep it an isolated Minecraft instance. If you have multiple versions running from that folder though, things will break.
is there a way to pack it into a jar file, a little modification wouldnt hurt

also how does it work while the jar file is in the 1.7.10 folder instead of the usual mods folder anyway?

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Jim_Clonk - 08-21-2015

(08-21-2015, 02:12 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 02:03 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: That's the problem I was talking about.
If it's outside of the 1.7.10 folder, it might cause problems. It shouldn't be too bad if you keep it an isolated Minecraft instance. If you have multiple versions running from that folder though, things will break.
is there a way to pack it into a jar file, a little modification wouldnt hurt
I've read something about someone trying that. It didn't work. I'm not even surprised.
I think the reason why this mod causes problems is because every folder and their dog is called "mcheli".

(08-21-2015, 02:16 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 02:12 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: is there a way to pack it into a jar file, a little modification wouldnt hurt
I've read something about someone trying that. It didn't work. I'm not even surprised.
I think the reason why this mod causes problems is because every folder and their dog is called "mcheli".
well that's annoying
well it didnt cause much problems outside the 1.7.10 folder the carpenter's block also generated a folder outside aswell
also how does it work while the jar file is in the 1.7.10 folder instead of the usual mods folder anyway?

(08-21-2015, 02:30 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 02:16 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: I've read something about someone trying that. It didn't work. I'm not even surprised.
well that's annoying
well it didnt cause much problems outside the 1.7.10 folder the carpenter's block also generated a folder outside aswell

Primarily it causes any Minecraft version other than 1.7.10 to ignore any mod placed in the folder.

(08-21-2015, 03:12 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 02:30 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: well that's annoying

Primarily it causes any Minecraft version other than 1.7.10 to ignore any mod placed in the folder.
so it should be safe to put it outside, as long as we dont update the game(until most mods are updated to 1.8 which I heard have some optimizing=better performance)

The new modpack build is now available here.

In addition to that, I've got the server running with this modpack at mc.rrerr.net:35485

(08-21-2015, 05:33 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: The new modpack build is now available here.

In addition to that, I've got the server running with this modpack at mc.rrerr.net:35485
damn, it got up by 100MB, I dont recall 3dmodels can take up that much space, hopefully this time the whitelist works, do you need UUID for it aswell?

(08-21-2015, 05:53 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 05:33 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: The new modpack build is now available here.

damn, it got up by 100MB, I dont recall 3dmodels can take up that much space, hopefully this time the whitelist works, do you need UUID for it aswell?

No, I just was a being my usual genius and forgot to actually add your name at first.

Also, why wouldn't 3d models take up a lot of space? Obviously because it's mostly the textures that take up space.

(08-21-2015, 06:04 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 05:53 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: damn, it got up by 100MB, I dont recall 3dmodels can take up that much space, hopefully this time the whitelist works, do you need UUID for it aswell?

No, I just was a being my usual genius and forgot to actually add your name at first.

Also, why wouldn't 3d models take up a lot of space? Obviously because it's mostly the textures that take up space.
well the texture isnt like 4k or HD(not even pixelmon level), just standard minecraft res

got some sort of error on 0x80004005 unexpected error, preventing me from copyover anything, good thing I have the previous version, everything else should be the same

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Shaadaris - 08-21-2015

Wait what the hell why is everything in the 1.7.10 folder this is bizzare and I've never seen it done this way before.
WHY IS MCHELI AN UNZIPPED FOLDER? WHO DESIGNED THIS NONSENSE?

>>Gets on Server
>>"Cool! Dimensional Doors Dunegon!"
>>Enters dungeon. Gets loot. Goes through Door "^"
>>Redstone contraption puzzle thing that doesn't work. Goes back.
>>Enters Door ">"
>>IMMEDIATELY SENT TO LIMBO OMGWTFBBQ SERIOUSLY MONOLITHS YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO HAVE A DELAY!
>>Wanders around Limbo. Still really want to build an epic sky-castle here.
>>Leaves. Ends up in the middle of an ocean. OH YAY.
>>PERFECT EVIL VILLAIN ISLAND COVE! OH MAN IT'S PERFECT! HOOOOME!maybe depending on how far it is away from literally everything else.
>>Minimap download time!

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Shaadaris - 08-21-2015

NOTICE:
I have set up a small greeting house just beside spawn. There is a bed and some basic setup, along with shelter for those just joining.
Everything in the house is public use, along with the garden. This does not mean you can take off with all the stuff, and you should always replant when harvesting from the garden.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Also, having been on the server for about 1+ hours, it runs perfectly smooth and everything so far seems to work perfectly.

EDIT: I have updated my suggestion list:
+Thaumic Horizons (This was already there but don't know if anyone saw it)
+Somnia (Server mod, makes it so not everyone needs to sleep to make it day)
+Ore Dictionary Converter (Makes it so... well, makes it so you can stack the 4+ versions of Copper Ore we have)
-Realistic World Generation [Had issues and was removed judging by how the overworld looks]

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Jim_Clonk - 08-22-2015

(08-21-2015, 11:43 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [both od shaad's posts]

Normally everything SHOULD be in it's version specific folder. But then mcheli decided it doesn't want to and caused errors.

..Thaumic Horizon: Pretty sure that's already included.
..Somnia: Yes
..Ore Dictionary Converter: When we need it.
..RWG: Does not like rubber trees.

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Shaadaris - 08-22-2015

(08-22-2015, 05:28 AM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-21-2015, 11:43 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: [both od shaad's posts]

Normally everything SHOULD be in it's version specific folder. But then mcheli decided it doesn't want to and caused errors.

Yes I know, I removed RWG from the list because that reason (denoted by the -)
As for Thaumic Horizons, I just confirmed that it's installed. Wasn't sure before when checking the document on drive. Thanks.

Oh and by the way Voxelmap doesn't work. I don't know if liteloader isn't installed right or the litemod file isn't in the right place, but Minecraft doesn't seem to realize it's loaded. As such, I installed Journeymap. Honestly I'd say just leave minimaps (which are clientside anyway) up to the clients.

(08-22-2015, 05:41 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 05:28 AM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: Normally everything SHOULD be in it's version specific folder. But then mcheli decided it doesn't want to and caused errors.

Yes I know, I removed RWG from the list because that reason (denoted by the -)
As for Thaumic Horizons, I just confirmed that it's installed. Wasn't sure before when checking the document on drive. Thanks.

Oh and by the way Voxelmap doesn't work. I don't know if liteloader isn't installed right or the litemod file isn't in the right place, but Minecraft doesn't seem to realize it's loaded. As such, I installed Journeymap. Honestly I'd say just leave minimaps (which are clientside anyway) up to the clients.

Well since I can't have journeymap in the download, that's pretty much what we are doing.

I think liteloader install onto a new minecraft profile, like forge does. You you need to select the new Forge+liteloader and install everything there.

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Shaadaris - 08-22-2015

(08-22-2015, 05:45 AM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 05:41 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Yes I know, I removed RWG from the list because that reason (denoted by the -)

Well since I can't have journeymap in the download, that's pretty much what we are doing.

I think liteloader install onto a new minecraft profile, like forge does. You you need to select the new Forge+liteloader and install everything there.

Can't do that since I recently switched to using MultiMC for my latest playthroughs and to keep my profiles better organized.
Doesn't matter anyway, since I prefer Journeymap and can just redownload it on pack updates.

ARRGH! I really wish Minecraft didn't have to construct and initialize the mods every single time it loaded.
I know that that's kind of what makes them function, but still, why the hell is it so slow?
I can run, once again using this as an example, Skyrim, with 80+ mods, and it will load in seconds. Minecraft takes between 3 and 6+ minutes to load.
FREAKIN' JAVA MAN.
Now I get why the man running the latest iteration of my old server decided he wanted to try to make a C++ Minecraft Clone.

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Joeythomas - 08-22-2015

I'm having trouble loading the document.
Can someone put the link somewhere else?

(08-22-2015, 11:34 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: I'm having trouble loading the document.

What link? What document?

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Joeythomas - 08-22-2015

(08-22-2015, 01:46 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 11:34 AM)Joeythomas Wrote: I'm having trouble loading the document.

What link? What document?
The server document and the current build link.

(08-22-2015, 01:54 PM)Joeythomas Wrote:
(08-22-2015, 01:46 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: What link? What document?
The server document and the current build link.

Current build is here.

Server address is mc.rrerr.net:35485

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Comito - 08-22-2015

Can I be whitelisted? My MC username is the same as here. I'd like to check it out when I get home.