Avali Nexus
Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Jim_Clonk - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 03:44 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:42 AM)Marxon Wrote: Please be serious when making suggestions.

He may be completely serious. The Chocobo mod is actually kind of fun if I recall, though I'm unsure if it's 1.7.10 yet and vehicles (boats, horses, minecarts, chocobos) tend to derp out in multiplayer so I dunno about that. As for Herblore... Um... No comment?
I'd totally be for a weed mod :E

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - SCN-3_NULL - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 03:37 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Here's an idea! The thread was made via a "poll" so let us use... well, a poll.
DO YOU WANT FLAN'S MOD? Y/N
Depending on results, we will choose. If an overwhelming majority votes for one or the other, action is taken. If it's a pretty even split we go with Alpha's idea of somehow removing certain aspects.
yeah of course, I liked democracy even though this vote is against me and you cant vote for myself that'll be silly
I fact since we're in a democracy decision, why not put all my mods in(just one), MC heli, it has helicopters, fighters jets and VTOLs, it's airborn vehicles,

[sarcasm]

of course it's unbalanced, all can be cheaply crafted and gives me plenty of fun, and not everyone liked it so go ahead and vote "no", and kill my fun and portion of the modpack, because mechanians are not suppose to have fun, they're the working fighting class that dont have their own rights even with free will.

[/sarcasm]

Why do I join in the server in the first place if my idea is against someone's heck, why am I even compiling the modpack!
SCN-3_NULLs sarcasm Wrote:because mechanians are not suppose to have fun, they're the working fighting class that dont have their own rights even with free will.
oh.....

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Marxon - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 03:47 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:37 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Here's an idea! The thread was made via a "poll" so let us use... well, a poll.
Depending on results, we will choose. If an overwhelming majority votes for one or the other, action is taken. If it's a pretty even split we go with Alpha's idea of somehow removing certain aspects.
yeah of course, I liked democracy even though this vote is against me and you cant vote for myself that'll be silly
I fact since we're in a democracy decision, why not put all my mods in(just one), MC heli, it has helicopters, fighters jets and VTOLs, it's airborn vehicles,

[sarcasm]

of course it's unbalanced, all can be cheaply crafted and gives me plenty of fun, and not everyone liked it so go ahead and vote "no", and kill my fun and portion of the modpack, because mechanians are not suppose to have fun, they're the working fighting class that dont have their own rights even with free will.

[/sarcasm]

Why do I join in the server in the first place if my idea is against someone's heck, why am I even compiling the modpack!
SCN-3_NULL Wrote:because mechanians are not suppose to have fun, they're the working fighting class that dont have their own rights even with free will.
oh.....
It's just a disagreement don't become immature, and selfish.

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Shaadaris - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 03:47 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

SCN-3_NULLs sarcasm Wrote:because mechanians are not suppose to have fun, they're the working fighting class that dont have their own rights even with free will.
oh.....

I have no opinion on the aircrafts or whatever. It's just Flan's because it's slightly more annoying to install, buggy, and unbalanced. That's the unholy trinity of "DO NOT USE THIS MOD" and all three of these issues together is a bit much.

(08-17-2015, 03:50 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:47 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: yeah of course, I liked democracy even though this vote is against me and you cant vote for myself that'll be silly

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

oh.....
It's just a disagreement don't become immature.
seriously though, I also need votes on my other(and only if the "gun mod" is voted out) suggestion

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Comito - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 03:50 AM)Marxon Wrote: It's just a disagreement don't become immature, and selfish.

Look who's talking.

(08-17-2015, 03:54 AM)Comito Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:50 AM)Marxon Wrote: It's just a disagreement don't become immature, and selfish.

Look who's talking.
Who asked you?

Are you trying to start a flame war?

I'm thinking of mods multiple people will enjoy, not just me.

(08-17-2015, 03:53 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:47 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: yeah of course, I liked democracy even though this vote is against me and you cant vote for myself that'll be silly

[sarcasm]

[/sarcasm]

oh.....

I have no opinion on the aircrafts or whatever. It's just Flan's because it's slightly more annoying to install, buggy, and unbalanced. That's the unholy trinity of "DO NOT USE THIS MOD" and all three of these issues together is a bit much.
it's made by some japanese that dont need and not part of flans mod, so it's safe not very buggy

(08-17-2015, 03:55 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:53 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I have no opinion on the aircrafts or whatever. It's just Flan's because it's slightly more annoying to install, buggy, and unbalanced. That's the unholy trinity of "DO NOT USE THIS MOD" and all three of these issues together is a bit much.
it's made by some japanese that dont need and not part of flans mod, so it's safe not very buggy

I know, and that's why I don't have an opinion about it.

(08-17-2015, 03:55 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:53 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I have no opinion on the aircrafts or whatever. It's just Flan's because it's slightly more annoying to install, buggy, and unbalanced. That's the unholy trinity of "DO NOT USE THIS MOD" and all three of these issues together is a bit much.
If it's stable and balanced I'm all for flying things.

As long as they don't shoot explosives.

(08-17-2015, 03:56 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:55 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: it's made by some japanese that dont need and not part of flans mod, so it's safe not very buggy
If it's stable and balanced I'm all for flying things.

they do and kinda cheap to craft(the weapon ammunition and the aircraft itself),
lemme put a "no" from you on the vote, I could use one for that mod aswell

(08-17-2015, 03:58 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:56 AM)Marxon Wrote: If it's stable and balanced I'm all for flying things.

they do and cheap to craft(the weapon ammunition and the aircraft itself),
lemme put a no from you on the vote, I could use one for that mod aswell

How cheap are we talking?

(08-17-2015, 03:56 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:55 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: it's made by some japanese that dont need and not part of flans mod, so it's safe not very buggy

I know, and that's why I don't have an opinion about it.
well it's part of the test build modpack, if yiuguys have that you guys can try it out

(08-17-2015, 03:59 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:56 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: I know, and that's why I don't have an opinion about it.
well it's part of the test build modpack, if yiuguys have that you guys can try it out
My computer is half dead, it's taken 3 hours to boot.

Just please, tell me.

(08-17-2015, 03:58 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:56 AM)Marxon Wrote: If it's stable and balanced I'm all for flying things.

they do and kinda cheap to craft(the weapon ammunition and the aircraft itself),

Cheap items need rebalancing?
Minetweaker is your friend.
http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/

(08-17-2015, 03:58 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:58 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: they do and cheap to craft(the weapon ammunition and the aircraft itself),
lemme put a no from you on the vote, I could use one for that mod aswell

How cheap are we talking?
http://mc-heli-mod-for-minecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_Recipes
the ammunition isnt on the wiki you guys have to see it in game(not in creative, on the pilot's seat press R to open the interface for fuel and ammunition reload) the weapons also have overheating and reloading so you cant spam it.

(08-17-2015, 04:01 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:58 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: they do and kinda cheap to craft(the weapon ammunition and the aircraft itself),

Cheap items need rebalancing?
Minetweaker is your friend.
http://minetweaker3.powerofbytes.com/
Interesting.

(08-17-2015, 04:01 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:58 AM)Marxon Wrote: How cheap are we talking?
http://mc-heli-mod-for-minecraft.wikia.com/wiki/Crafting_Recipes
the ammunition isnt on the wiki you guys have to see it in game(not in creative, on the pilot's seat press R to open the interface for fuel and ammunition reload) the weapons also have overheating and reloading so you cant spam it.
Yeah no thought was put into the recipies.

A diamond block, 3 iron blocks, and a glass block for an A 10 makes no sense.

Casting NO vote on that, requires zero effort.

(08-17-2015, 04:00 AM)Marxon Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:59 AM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: well it's part of the test build modpack, if yiuguys have that you guys can try it out
My computer is half dead, it's taken 3 hours to boot.

Just please, tell me.
issues/something I dont like and features:
hit box in an issue only the seats are able to register a hit
the crafting is simple the most expencive items are item block sometimes with unique items(fish?)
limited hardpoint, if you used up all weapons you have to reload it fast if you want to stay airborn/ land and reload in the on seat interface.
also homing air or ground weapons(some vehicle have only air/ground homing missile some even only has mounted gun)
odd hitbox, you can some times walk through them.
TV guided missile, you control it's path(gunner only)
weapon changing takes a long time/delays

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Jim_Clonk - 08-17-2015

The problem I see with these mods is that being too overpowered isn't fun anymore. If there is no challenge you might as well play creative.

On a different note: Is Oredictionary included in Forge?

(08-17-2015, 04:07 AM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: The problem I see with these mods is that being too overpowered isn't fun anymore. If there is no challenge you might as well play creative.

On a different note: Is Oredictionary included in Forge?
Agreed fully.

I want a HARD server that encourages some teamwork.