Avali Nexus
Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=46)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Battle Bee - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 02:09 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 02:04 PM)Battle Bee Wrote: Wait, I saw a conversation about ICBM a few pages back.
Is there a 1.7.10 version of it that isn't from Build Broken and not shit?
Had you payed attention, you would also have noticed that the conversation ended with "We won't use this".

And had you paid attention you would have noticed that I never said a damn thing about using it in the server.

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Joeythomas - 08-17-2015

One all the stuff is done, can you make all the changes into testpack 2 for convince?

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Jim_Clonk - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 02:22 PM)Battle Bee Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 02:09 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: Had you payed attention, you would also have noticed that the conversation ended with "We won't use this".

And had you paid attention you would have noticed that I never said a damn thing about using it in the server.
You have implied it though.

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - SCN-3_NULL - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 02:29 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: One all the stuff is done, can you make all the changes into testpack 2 for convince?
ah bloody hell, fine, I retract my retirement, well if there's no problem with the current build's arrangement, which i think Jim has something about library structure, someone elaborate that

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Battle Bee - 08-17-2015

(08-17-2015, 02:38 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 02:22 PM)Battle Bee Wrote: And had you paid attention you would have noticed that I never said a damn thing about using it in the server.
You have implied it though.

Well I didn't mean it.

I'm having some issues with rotary craft and reactor craft, possibly due to the multipart, needed by extra utilities

(08-17-2015, 02:39 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 02:29 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: One all the stuff is done, can you make all the changes into testpack 2 for convince?
ah bloody hell, fine, I retract my retirement, well if there's no problem with the current build's arrangement, which i think Jim has something about library structure, someone elaborate that
It's about folder structure.
The library has a sorted structure while the build has whatever structure Minecraft requires.

(08-17-2015, 03:06 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 02:39 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: ah bloody hell, fine, I retract my retirement, well if there's no problem with the current build's arrangement, which i think Jim has something about library structure, someone elaborate that
It's about folder structure.
The library has a sorted structure while the build has whatever structure Minecraft requires.
yeah some mods in .zip dont work exactly for me but extract it into a folder in works, are you suggesting the arrange the mods into folders?

(08-17-2015, 03:15 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:06 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: It's about folder structure.
yeah some mods in .zip dont work exactly for me but extract it into a folder in works, are you suggesting the arrange the mods into folders?
What I currently have is Coremods, Basic mods (e.g. NEI, WAILA, Inventory Tweaks) and a folder for normal mods.
Problem is that Minecraft won't accept this folder structure, so you need a separate working directory.

(08-17-2015, 03:22 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:15 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: yeah some mods in .zip dont work exactly for me but extract it into a folder in works, are you suggesting the arrange the mods into folders?
What I currently have is Coremods, Basic mods (e.g. NEI, WAILA, Inventory Tweaks) and a folder for normal mods.
Problem is that Minecraft won't accept this folder structure, so you need a separate working directory.
well i dont know how to write a directory for a folder structure, the second third best thing I could do is list which is base and which is normal mods in a txt file, I highly doubt that's what you want.

Though I never seen modpacks from launchers do that

Also the next test build is almost ready is major frame improvement thanks to fastcraft tough Jim's desired structure format is "not included"

(08-17-2015, 03:37 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:22 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: What I currently have is Coremods, Basic mods (e.g. NEI, WAILA, Inventory Tweaks) and a folder for normal mods.
well i dont know how to write a directory for a folder structure, the second third best thing I could do is list which is base and which is normal mods in a txt file, I highly doubt that's what you want.

Maybe this will clear things up for you:
[Image: 7xFCz5q.png]

(08-17-2015, 03:45 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:37 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: well i dont know how to write a directory for a folder structure, the second third best thing I could do is list which is base and which is normal mods in a txt file, I highly doubt that's what you want.

Maybe this will clear things up for you:
not as much, but if I'm correct about this then most of it
so you want me to pack the modpack in that structure correct? but when on install(installing) it's all .jar(and some folders) moved into the mods folder?

(08-17-2015, 03:47 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:45 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: Maybe this will clear things up for you:
not as much, but if I'm correct about this then most of it
so you want me to pack the modpack in that structure correct? but when on install it's all .jar(and some folders) in the mods folder?
No, as I said Minecraft won't be able to read from this folder structure.
This is so you can work more easily and not have a big mess of files.

(08-17-2015, 03:51 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:47 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote: not as much, but if I'm correct about this then most of it
so you want me to pack the modpack in that structure correct? but when on install it's all .jar(and some folders) in the mods folder?
No, as I said Minecraft won't be able to read from this folder structure.
oh....still I have everything arranged by date/time, isnt as efficent but still I have an idea which mods I installed in order, I'll get on making that structure so it's easier to be modified.
But in what order? In the same order you have(Basic, Core, other)

(08-17-2015, 03:59 PM)SCN-3_NULL Wrote:
(08-17-2015, 03:51 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: No, as I said Minecraft won't be able to read from this folder structure.
oh....still I have everything arranged by date/time, isnt as efficent but still I have an idea which mods I installed in order, I'll get on making that structure so it's easier to be modified.
But in what order? In the same order you have(Basic, Core, other)
Whatever works for you.
What you DO however have to make is a separate "Build" directory. In it you will arrange the mod files in a way that Minecraft can read. (Which basically amounts to having the folders mods\1.7.10\allthemodfiles.jar)
Once you want to test the build you copy all that over to you Minecraft instance. That way the mods won't be run in the Build directory and thus won't place their configs/caches/whatever there. Because those really don't have to be distributed.

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Comito - 08-17-2015

are we going to have decoration mods and sloped blocks?

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - Joeythomas - 08-17-2015

Was the test build link updated yet?

(08-17-2015, 04:46 PM)Comito Wrote: are we going to have decoration mods and sloped blocks?

Carpenters blocks and biblioDINGcraft are intended.

(08-17-2015, 04:46 PM)Comito Wrote: are we going to have decoration mods and sloped blocks?
carpenter's block got that covered

(08-17-2015, 04:52 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: Was the test build link updated yet?
uploading, dropbox isnt the fastest

RE: Nexus Minecraft Server Discussion - L3W - 08-17-2015

So, how many mods do you think the server needs? Isn't there a limit to how many mods you can handle? I have used Thaumcraft and Bibliocraft before and they were fun. I don't know what version you guys are running for the server. I am assuming something in 1.7 right?