Avali Nexus
Celion Lore and Suggestions Topic - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+---- Forum: User Created Content (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Thread: Celion Lore and Suggestions Topic (/showthread.php?tid=48)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Celion Lore and Suggestions Topic - Jim_Clonk - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 11:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 10:06 AM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: Yes, it is imperative that this becomes a thing.

Yes, it is always important that more owls in general are included in everything, which is obviously why they were included in Harry Potter: because they're just that great y'know? But really though more owls yes in fact I'm rather sad, on that note, that nobody has made an owl-like race for Starbound, and I'm not talking about just any owls I'm talking SPACE OWLS because that would be great - not Avians, that's the difference between like ducks and geese, not even close, but also not too far, but still not very close. The moral of this story is, of course, that there is no moral... What, did you think it was a fairy tale? No! Why would it be a fairy tale? That's ridiculous. I'm having a serious, one-sided discussion about how great owls are here! Speaking of which, did you know owls eyes are stationary and they bob their heads to increase their depth perception? It's kind of cute and cool. Just like owls themselves. They're like big feathery predatory plushies of doom, the silent assassins of the night, while also looking very cuddly. Which is great. They're like cats. Except not cats. Because that would be stupid... But cute. In all honesty, a flying cat would be pretty awesome, but owls have them beat there still. Owls owls, owls, owls owls owls, owl, owls owl, owl, owls. Now owls doesn't sound like a real word to you anymore... Does that work with text? I guess it would work if you're reading it in your head. Which I am doing as I am typing this. In Morgan Freeman's voice. Don't ask why. On that subject, can you imagine Morgan Freeman as an owl? I mean, it would actually suck pretty bad because his wonderful voice would be wasted being only able to "hoo" and all. Now Gordon Freeman, on the other hand, well he's already pretty quiet so it'd work fine. And he'd be able to fly everywhere instead of doing convieniently-placed physics-based puzzles with an even more convienient gravity-altering device, which, if it worked on large things or living enemies and stuff, would have actually made the entire experience trivial and rather hilarious. There's probably a mod for that. Oh who am I kidding, there's a mod for EVERYTHING. Even the things that there aren't mods for. Alternate universes and all. Presumably. Maybe. Actually, on that subject, maybe there's an alternate universe where there IS a race of owl-like humanoids? Or maybe they exist somewhere in this universe? Ha, thought I'd forgotten about the original topic, didn't you? NOPE! Well, okay, sort of, but I'm back on the rails after having ended up veering up into the sky after forgetting that trains can't fly, they can only swim... in the air... but only when people aren't looking. Hence why you've never seen one. Obvious. Occam's Razor. I think that's the right one. Anyway, having come to the resolution through deep thought and this long piece of writing that owls are indeed rather awesome and that the Kaepora Gaebora Celion should indeed be a thing, now, the weather... Except I'm not a weather-station, so no weather for you. Does "no weather" even exist? I mean, even clear weather is... weather... right? I guess there's no weather in space? Sort of like how there are no toasters in space, unless you count unstable floating comets as toasters, which I don't know why you would.

Would you like to hear that again?
>>Yes
--No
*Accidentally pressing (A) one too many times*

RE: Celion Lore and Suggestions Topic - Shaadaris - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 12:01 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 11:10 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: Yes, it is always important that more owls in general are included in everything, which is obviously why they were included in Harry Potter: because they're just that great y'know? But really though more owls yes in fact I'm rather sad, on that note, that nobody has made an owl-like race for Starbound, and I'm not talking about just any owls I'm talking SPACE OWLS because that would be great - not Avians, that's the difference between like ducks and geese, not even close, but also not too far, but still not very close. The moral of this story is, of course, that there is no moral... What, did you think it was a fairy tale? No! Why would it be a fairy tale? That's ridiculous. I'm having a serious, one-sided discussion about how great owls are here! Speaking of which, did you know owls eyes are stationary and they bob their heads to increase their depth perception? It's kind of cute and cool. Just like owls themselves. They're like big feathery predatory plushies of doom, the silent assassins of the night, while also looking very cuddly. Which is great. They're like cats. Except not cats. Because that would be stupid... But cute. In all honesty, a flying cat would be pretty awesome, but owls have them beat there still. Owls owls, owls, owls owls owls, owl, owls owl, owl, owls. Now owls doesn't sound like a real word to you anymore... Does that work with text? I guess it would work if you're reading it in your head. Which I am doing as I am typing this. In Morgan Freeman's voice. Don't ask why. On that subject, can you imagine Morgan Freeman as an owl? I mean, it would actually suck pretty bad because his wonderful voice would be wasted being only able to "hoo" and all. Now Gordon Freeman, on the other hand, well he's already pretty quiet so it'd work fine. And he'd be able to fly everywhere instead of doing convieniently-placed physics-based puzzles with an even more convienient gravity-altering device, which, if it worked on large things or living enemies and stuff, would have actually made the entire experience trivial and rather hilarious. There's probably a mod for that. Oh who am I kidding, there's a mod for EVERYTHING. Even the things that there aren't mods for. Alternate universes and all. Presumably. Maybe. Actually, on that subject, maybe there's an alternate universe where there IS a race of owl-like humanoids? Or maybe they exist somewhere in this universe? Ha, thought I'd forgotten about the original topic, didn't you? NOPE! Well, okay, sort of, but I'm back on the rails after having ended up veering up into the sky after forgetting that trains can't fly, they can only swim... in the air... but only when people aren't looking. Hence why you've never seen one. Obvious. Occam's Razor. I think that's the right one. Anyway, having come to the resolution through deep thought and this long piece of writing that owls are indeed rather awesome and that the Kaepora Gaebora Celion should indeed be a thing, now, the weather... Except I'm not a weather-station, so no weather for you. Does "no weather" even exist? I mean, even clear weather is... weather... right? I guess there's no weather in space? Sort of like how there are no toasters in space, unless you count unstable floating comets as toasters, which I don't know why you would.

>>Yes
--No
*Accidentally pressing (A) one too many times*
>>Yes
--No

RE: Celion Lore and Suggestions Topic - Jim_Clonk - 12-12-2015

(12-12-2015, 09:24 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 12:01 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote: *Accidentally pressing (A) one too many times*
>>Yes
--No
Probably spamming either way.
Why are we hijacking Reks' thread?

RE: Celion Lore and Suggestions Topic - Reks - 12-16-2015

(12-12-2015, 10:39 PM)Jim_Clonk Wrote:
(12-12-2015, 09:24 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: Would you like to hear that again?
>>Yes
--No
Probably spamming either way.
Why are we hijacking Reks' thread?

It's not really used either way

I just post things when I actually have the time to work on them

RE: Celion Lore and Suggestions Topic - Reks - 12-18-2015

RE: Celion Lore and Suggestions Topic - Shaadaris - 12-18-2015

(12-18-2015, 05:38 PM)Reks Wrote:

The eeeyeeeebrroooowws!
New lore idea: The Celions consider long eyebrows to be similar to a manly-man having a big beard.
How they get the brows to stay upright is a mystery for the ages.

RE: Celion Lore and Suggestions Topic - Reks - 12-19-2015

(12-18-2015, 09:13 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(12-18-2015, 05:38 PM)Reks Wrote:

The eeeyeeeebrroooowws!
New lore idea: The Celions consider long eyebrows to be similar to a manly-man having a big beard.
How they get the brows to stay upright is a mystery for the ages.

The hair on the 'brows' is thicker and more rigid than the rest of their fur.

Imagine like it being natural styling spray.