Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

Nexus RP: Rebirth - Thread Builder - 11-01-2015

[Image: g9AVis8.gif]

Welcome to Nexus 17. Or the U.P.C.S Eden. A planet only recently made inhabitable, or a megastation for many to live in. Please, enjoy your stay at this wonderful intersection of many times and places. You may come to love it.
---

With that out of the way, I would like to welcome you all to the Nexus RP: Rebirth. There are a few changes in effect with the RP now. The biggest change is that everyone's characters have, essentially, been set to "zero"...kind of. You have the opportunity to adjust your character to exist within this new environment, mostly to make everyone far less overpowered, making possible threats...actually threatening.

The second big change is the RP is no longer located on a random planet....dimension...thing. Instead, the RP takes place between two locations: The U.P.C.S Eden, a gigantic mechanical space station complete with artificial gravity and large amounts of people, and Nexus 17, a recently recolonized planet dotted with small villages. Travel between the two is incredibly easy - all the towns on Nexus 17 have a shuttle port, and it's easy to get a ride on a shuttle from the Eden to Nexus.

The third change is more minor, but dimensional portals exist, and are far easier to use. Many people have come from other dimensions, and thus an easy method of travel between them has been established. One cannot easily and quickly open and close a portal on a whim, but portal transfer stations are abundant on the Eden, and a few villages on Nexus have them as well.

Death will function in the same way as previous: Upon death, a character will drop a crystal, which must be supported by at least three players in order to bring a character back. If the crystal cracks in any way, the character is gone for good. Revival stations are common on the Eden, and each town/village has at least one. If a character dies and is supported, it wil ltake them 3 OOC days to come back to life.

Anyways, onto the rules!

1. Please don't make ridiculously overpowered things without consulting the majority of players first. This is to prevent excessive powercreep like what occured last time.

2. Don't autohit or control other characters without their player's permission. This is just so things aren't unfair.

3. Permanently killed means permanently killed. If you decide your crystal is cracked, that character is dead. Period. Do not do this unless you are 100% sure you do NOT want that character coming back.

4. Characters from the previous RP will have some memory of the previous RP. It will seem like a dream, yes, but they will remember the people they met and some things which occurred. Of course, you can choose what your character does and doesn't remember.

5. Have fun. Failure to have fun means you aren't having fun. That's bad.

Have fun, everyone!

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Ehksidian - 11-01-2015

((first.))

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Flarezerker - 11-01-2015

On a small beach, a young man clothed in silk finery slowly comes to...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 11-01-2015

(Well I'll just come back when I have a character whose OPness isn't only held in check by a present aversion to violence)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - AustinLB90 - 11-01-2015

*Austin get's up he is lying in one of the many villages of nexus 17, in front of a shop, it may be his shop it may not he isn't sure, but it's for sale so he's hoping it's not* *he get's up* ugh i feel like i just came out of a destroyed dimension, *he is an avali right now, maybe he can still tf maybe he can't you'll have to find out yourself* do i live here, i hope so, *he is wearing a hooded shirt with pockets no pants, he digs into one of his pocket and comes out with several data chits* hmm well i seem to have money.

*his pistol and sword are the only things he seems to have brought with him besides money*

Where... am I? Who am I? I feel so tired...*beeping noises* ''Garland, are you there? Garland, respond!'' Ugh... Is that my name? Am I Garland? I dont know. I need to get some sleep... *passes out*

*Austin walks into the shop, it's open but nobody is gonna be selling anything, he is greeted by a human presumely the owner* *the owner suddenly speaks* i'l give you a discount if you buy the shop sir? madam? i cannot tell sorry. *Austin jumps* huh what i, do you know where i am? and why are you so hasty to sell the shop?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Penguin - 11-01-2015

Confused, and in the middle of wilderness near one of the villages on the planet lies a man wearing what seems to be some sort of costume, one for festivites. A mask with "wings" which cover his ears on both sides, a hoodie, some sort of sweatpants, and flip flops, which is strange. Most of his clothing is colored blue and gold, although his choice of footwear was fully gold colored.

Without a word for so long, he shouted a simple "HELLO!?!".

He had a accent, one sounding to be from New England.

*the shopkeeper responds* somebody wants to turn my humble shop is a museum of lies, a tourist trap if you will, i don't liek the idea but they're the only takers. however I've never seen you before and you may just want this shop.
*Austin* well i need a home i guess and I've noticed you ave a second floor and a basement that are off limits. i'm gonna assume the second floor is where you live.
*shopkeeper* indeed so.
*Austin* i have these *pulls out the data chits*
*shopkeeper examines the chits* you have just enough with the discount to buy the shop and start up your own business of sorts.
*Austin* really now? i mean if you want i'll buy your shop
*shopkeeper* please, *he takes the data chits and gives Austin what he presumes is exact change* thank you, now i will be able to move to the space station and get a job there without my beloved shop becoming a worthless tourist trap, so please don't make it one, anything but that.. *he leaves flipping the sign to the sold side before leaving*
*Austin* well barely a half hour and i have a home to live in, and a way to potentially get income.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-01-2015

Umbra wakes up in a rustic house on a bed... Alone. He sits up and looks around the candlelit room.
"Aaahh... Weird dream..." He gets up and goes to his kitchen, starting to cook up some late breakfast.
"Shame, too... It would have been nice to not have been the only anomaly..."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Penguin - 11-01-2015

He'd shout again.

"WHERE THE FUCK AM I?!?"

He'd grunt as he got up. Now, he was looking at his environment closer than ever, just like he had heard something rattle in the bushes, except there was no rattling. Did he fear something? Or was he looking very seriously for some sort of landmark?

Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-01-2015

*is currently in a sizable ship in deplorable condition, having only 5% of it being pressurized, the rest riddled with holes caused by an unknown weapon. Unfortunately due to the fact only the flight deck has emergency oxygen supply and self sealing plating, 99% of the crew was sucked out into space.

One survivor remains, a tall and skinny avali who awoke from inside a cryopod and by some miracle made it to the bridge*
Hmmm...
*he removes and turns on an audio recorder he picked off the dismembered head of someone he never knew and starts talking as he gets situated in the pilot seat*
Hull integrity below 10%, reactors running REALLY hot, and diagnostics paint this as being a kilometer long ship of unknown purpose and loadout, that was recently used for target practice for a whole fleet...

Damn, the only things working are sublight thrusters with enough stored energy for one short range jump, life support for this auxiliary pilot seat and the cramped room it sits in, this pocket comms reciever, and some of the wiring leading out. I'm completely lost though and running out of air.

Guess a blind jump can't hurt.

*an awful grinding can be heard as the ship prepares for one last jump*

C'mon, hold together a little longer...

*the ship successfully hits ftl, for 2 seconds before it very roughly falls out of it, with a planet very close and a silvery dot in the distance*

Oh boy.

*grabs his radio and turns it on*

This is the, whatever it is coming in from, damn navigation is dead... Reverse thrusters are not responding and I'm headed straight for you!

If you have any tugs ready I could really use the help! Just look out for a uhhh, black hunk of metal headed your way!
*turns off the radio and stares at the screens*

Huh, the center of the ship has 2 freaking huge metal spheres with what seems to be a spinal battery between, could be gyroscopic steering units... here goes nothing.

*yanks a small control stick to the left, and suddenly the whole ship starts turning on a dime until it's forward thrusters are facing the direction of travel, then the thrusters go full throttle as the ship eventually comes to a stop, 20 km from the station*

// well theres... something

// yes it's kinda half baked but ill explain more later, a lot to throw out at once I know

what to sell what to sell.
hmmm my hazy memory tells me i know how to mod guns. so maybe i'll sell gun mods in the backround may in the basement, i'll be a small grocery store in the front.
yes, yes. let's see, where is my phone.
*pulls out something similar to a cellphone* *calls a contact* hey, uh, could you provide me with *list off a list of a bunch of gun mods and brands of food* yeah yeah i'm gonna be opening a shop.... yeah i have the money, and some more for back up. yeah i'll pay you ahead of time like always *ends call goes into a another app plugs the chits he got from the shopkeeper and transfers the money* *thinking* it'll be a few days but i should have enough money to last till then *he exits his shop to go and buy food,some drinks, even though he knows the store has running water*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-01-2015

//what does the space station look like?
It it just a core, or does it have some modules?

(11-01-2015, 09:10 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: //what does the space station look like?

//From what I understand, the U.C.P.S Eden has one big center are, with a bunch of smaller stations in orbit.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Marxon - 11-01-2015

(11-01-2015, 09:10 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: //what does the space station look like?

// weren't you around for the part where we said no gifs in signatures?

// I just now started using the browser to access this site and now it bothers the hell out of me, no offense.

*Austin coems back from the village he looks tired and exhausted* man the closest grocery store is way too far, i made a good choice.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 11-01-2015

*he wakes up gasping*
Where the hell am I?!
*the Kineptic looks around slightly panicked, and appears to be in a very dark and crammed spaceship, and the stumbles around trying to stand up*
Why is this so hard? I feel I should be on all fours
*he blindly slams into a door and the lights flicker on, revealing a pile of feathers on the ground, a bloody knife and a few wads of a currency*
What the Hell, Did I murder someone?!
*the door of the cockpit slides open and he stumbles onto the seat*
Smooth, a decaying orbit on an unknown planet
*the engine light flashes on and a automated voice starts blaring about reactor continent failieur, and the ship begins to slowly desend towards the planet*

maybe i should explore the land *cough* that was a nasty cough, i should be fine though *Austin goes and explores the village

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 11-01-2015

Umbra steps onto his balcony, dressed in black boots, jeans, a red coat, and a gray knit cap. He's holding a porcelain mug of coffee, his hands protected from the heat and cold by a pair of fingerless black knit gloves. He leans on the oaken railing, observing the world before him.

His house, being stationed in one of the larger villages, seems slightly out of place.