Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-24-2016

"Oh, that's back online. I was wondering." Danu chuckles as the announcement takes place.

"So this is Eden? It looks a bit different from the Eden I knew of. Anyway, what should I do now? "

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-24-2016

*the barkeep returns to the inn, with a bag if arcane trinkets, and a few steaming rolls*
"Empty as usual... doing some more reaserch wouldn't hurt."
*he enters the cellar leaving the rolls on the bar counter*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-24-2016

Umbra is back under the tre... And he's awake this time. He slumps against the trunk with a sigh as he watches the clouds.
Not much happening recently... I guess I should be thankful, though. If nothing's happening to someone like me, it's probably a good thing. Peace an all that...
He takes a deck of cards out of his pocket and starts playing Solitaire in the sparse shade of wood.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-24-2016

(I'm not sure if nobody is paying attention to the fact that 753 is across the room trying to talk to everyone or if everybody currently in the room just isn't here)

(01-24-2016, 08:57 PM)Surge Wrote: (I'm not sure if nobody is paying attention to the fact that 753 is across the room trying to talk to everyone or if everybody currently in the room just isn't here)

// I'd say the latter. It's just Coro, Odin, and Shaad's characters in there at the moment...

// Also, I was going to have Umbra listen to music, but... You know...
// Where would you even put headphones on an Umbreon? Biggest issue I have with it... And Furries in general. Headphones make no sense.

(01-24-2016, 09:16 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 08:57 PM)Surge Wrote: (I'm not sure if nobody is paying attention to the fact that 753 is across the room trying to talk to everyone or if everybody currently in the room just isn't here)

// I'd say the latter. It's just Coro, Odin, and Shaad's characters in there at the moment...

// Where would you even put headphones on an Umbreon? Biggest issue I have with it... And Furries in general. Headphones make no sense.

(yeah headphones for umbreon is tricky, since the ears are basically solid cones, the fix I've come up with bears an embarrassing resemblance to a cup holder, anyways the bottom ring anchors it to your head so that the ear doesn't droop under the weight, then the upper ring simply includes a sound-proof lining and blasts noises into the presumably acoustic cone. It's one of the lesser mentioned details of surge's power armor, the metal rings about 2/3rds of the way up his ears, they broadcast any radio communications to him and also amplify external sounds to get them through the otherwise soundproof armor.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-24-2016

(01-24-2016, 01:35 PM)Surge Wrote: (since it may not be clear 753 is apparently in the same room as everyone else currently and it's shaad's fault)
((How is it my fault?! :<
You're the one who decided to have him pop up in the middle of everyone. All I did was have Scyn say the equivalent of "I'm ignoring you right now because there's a pretty lady who is occupying more of my attention span."

SUDDEN REALIZATION HITS.

Ohcrap, I just realized 753 was talking to Umbra, who was in a completely seperate location from everyone.
Aaaaaa I'm sorry I didn't realize this when I posted that! Crap. Well there could either be an explaination like 753 got bored waiting for Umbra to wake up and went to check out the weird energy readings from Danu, or we could just retcon that and chalk it up to "Shaadaris is bad at RP."))

(01-24-2016, 07:26 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh, that's back online. I was wondering." Danu chuckles as the announcement takes place.

"So this is Eden? It looks a bit different from the Eden I knew of. Anyway, what should I do now? "

"WELL, FOR STARTERS, YES, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY SIGN IN. THERE ARE VISITOR FORMS TO KEEP TRACK OF WHO COMES AND GOES IN THE GATEWAY SECURITY ROOM."
He gestures to a door off to the side of the room. "I CAN HELP YOU WITH THE FORMS, THEY CAN BE A BIT OF A PAIN TO FILL OUT."

(01-24-2016, 10:05 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 01:35 PM)Surge Wrote: (since it may not be clear 753 is apparently in the same room as everyone else currently and it's shaad's fault)
((How is it my fault?! :<
You're the one who decided to have him pop up in the middle of everyone. All I did was have Scyn say the equivalent of "I'm ignoring you right now because there's a pretty lady who is occupying more of my attention span."

SUDDEN REALIZATION HITS.

Ohcrap, I just realized 753 was talking to Umbra, who was in a completely seperate location from everyone.
Aaaaaa I'm sorry I didn't realize this when I posted that! Crap. Well there could either be an explaination like 753 got bored waiting for Umbra to wake up and went to check out the weird energy readings from Danu, or we could just retcon that and chalk it up to "Shaadaris is bad at RP."))

(01-24-2016, 07:26 PM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh, that's back online. I was wondering." Danu chuckles as the announcement takes place.

"WELL, FOR STARTERS, YES, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY SIGN IN. THERE ARE VISITOR FORMS TO KEEP TRACK OF WHO COMES AND GOES IN THE GATEWAY SECURITY ROOM."
He gestures to a door off to the side of the room. "I CAN HELP YOU WITH THE FORMS, THEY CAN BE A BIT OF A PAIN TO FILL OUT."
(well yes 753 did get bored of umbra being asleep and wandered off. I never specified to where though, then you decided for me)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-24-2016

(01-24-2016, 10:09 PM)Surge Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 10:05 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: ((How is it my fault?! :<

SUDDEN REALIZATION HITS.

(well yes 753 did get bored of umbra being asleep and wandered off. I never specified to where though, then you decided for me)

((Sorry sorry sorry! Agh, I'm an idiot. I can never keep track of where people are without a visual aid...))

(01-24-2016, 10:18 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 10:09 PM)Surge Wrote: (well yes 753 did get bored of umbra being asleep and wandered off. I never specified to where though, then you decided for me)

((Sorry sorry sorry! Agh, I'm an idiot. I can never keep track of where people are without a visual aid...))
(No it's quite alright, helped move things along)
753 taps his foot impatiently.

(01-24-2016, 09:27 PM)Surge Wrote: (yeah headphones for umbreon is tricky, since the ears are basically solid cones, the fix I've come up with bears an embarrassing resemblance to a cup holder, anyways the bottom ring anchors it to your head so that the ear doesn't droop under the weight, then the upper ring simply includes a sound-proof lining and blasts noises into the presumably acoustic cone. It's one of the lesser mentioned details of surge's power armor, the metal rings about 2/3rds of the way up his ears, they broadcast any radio communications to him and also amplify external sounds to get them through the otherwise soundproof armor.)

// Just the thought of the ears working like hollow things weirds me out a little.
// Then again, it's more or less the only explanation. This is just what happens when you try to make anatomical sense of Pokemon.

(01-24-2016, 10:32 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 09:27 PM)Surge Wrote: (yeah headphones for umbreon is tricky, since the ears are basically solid cones, the fix I've come up with bears an embarrassing resemblance to a cup holder, anyways the bottom ring anchors it to your head so that the ear doesn't droop under the weight, then the upper ring simply includes a sound-proof lining and blasts noises into the presumably acoustic cone. It's one of the lesser mentioned details of surge's power armor, the metal rings about 2/3rds of the way up his ears, they broadcast any radio communications to him and also amplify external sounds to get them through the otherwise soundproof armor.)

// Just the thought of the ears working like hollow things weirds me out a little.
// Then again, it's more or less the only explanation. This is just what happens when you try to make anatomical sense of Pokemon.
(translating anatomy into geometry in general can be weird.)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-24-2016

*a construction crew pulls in and begins to haul large glass panels and steel beams behind the tavern, causing a commotion. The industrial noise fills the air.

(01-24-2016, 10:58 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a construction crew pulls in and begins to haul large glass panels and steel beams behind the tavern, causing a commotion. The industrial noise fills the air.

One of Umbra's ears twitches. Even though he's some distance away, the sounds still make their way to the tree.
"Ugh..." He folds his ears back and continues with round 5 of Solitaire.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-25-2016

(01-24-2016, 11:39 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 10:58 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a construction crew pulls in and begins to haul large glass panels and steel beams behind the tavern, causing a commotion. The industrial noise fills the air.

One of Umbra's ears twitches. Even though he's some distance away, the sounds still make their way to the tree.
"Ugh..." He folds his ears back and continues with round 5 of Solitaire.
*the construction subsides after a hour and a half, with empty vehicles driving by, occasionally a driver waves towards umbra*

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-25-2016

She made had found her way to the front of the hospital looking up at the sign with a sigh of relief as she headed in and walked up to the front desk to take a number trying to read what was on it.

"God damn it... of course..."

(01-24-2016, 09:16 PM)Umbra Wrote:

// my last post stated that Coro headed back towards the hospital on the eden. So i don't think coro would be in the possition to respond to 753 at the moment. also earbuds?

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-25-2016

(01-24-2016, 10:05 PM)Shaadaris Wrote: OdinYggd"Oh, that's back online. I was wondering." Danu chuckles as the announcement takes place.

[quote pid='48634' dateline='1453663581']

[/quote]

"Oh there are forms. I had asked a little while ago and was told there weren't any." She smiles, going through that side door to fill out the forms for her arrival.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 02:25 AM)Corosar Wrote: // my last post stated that Coro headed back towards the hospital on the eden. So i don't think coro would be in the possition to respond to 753 at the moment. also earbuds?

// That's the problem. From what I can see, Umbreons have no ear holes...
// The idea of sticking earbuds into something like cat ears is a little unsettling as well.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 02:56 AM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 02:25 AM)Corosar Wrote: // my last post stated that Coro headed back towards the hospital on the eden. So i don't think coro would be in the possition to respond to 753 at the moment. also earbuds?

// That's the problem. From what I can see, Umbreons have no ear holes...
// The idea of sticking earbuds into something like cat ears is a little unsettling as well.

// hmmm i think i saw ear clip like headphones before in a store... something like that would make some sense if it was made to be anatomical.. biggest issue is their designed for human use... think of the avali headphone (if you seen it anyway) where it is shaped like the inside of the ear and wraps around it with a kinda loop... thingy... i am not good at explainations but you know what i mean... it just needs some thought really... figure out what it would look like for them instead of on a human.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Comito - 01-25-2016

//Could always make them like this.

[Image: RzicBde.jpg]