Avali Nexus
Nexus RP: Rebirth - Printable Version

+- Avali Nexus (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Avali Nexus General (http://avalinexus.seraphimlabs.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Nexus RP: Rebirth (/showthread.php?tid=62)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Umbra - 01-25-2016

Umbra is currently in the settlement, having long since retired from the tree. For the moment, he's watching television in his home.
400 channels and not a single good thing on TV... Even the cooking channel isn't airing anything interesting...

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-25-2016

753, frankly disgusting with having been outright ignored for so long, storms out of the room/chamber thing.
(bother more people tomorrow)

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Shaadaris - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 02:38 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-24-2016, 10:05 PM)Shaadaris Wrote:
OdinYggd Wrote:"Oh, that's back online. I was wondering." Danu chuckles as the announcement takes place.

"So this is Eden? It looks a bit different from the Eden I knew of. Anyway, what should I do now? "

"WELL, FOR STARTERS, YES, YOU SHOULD PROBABLY SIGN IN. THERE ARE VISITOR FORMS TO KEEP TRACK OF WHO COMES AND GOES IN THE GATEWAY SECURITY ROOM."
He gestures to a door off to the side of the room. "I CAN HELP YOU WITH THE FORMS, THEY CAN BE A BIT OF A PAIN TO FILL OUT."

"Oh there are forms. I had asked a little while ago and was told there weren't any." She smiles, going through that side door to fill out the forms for her arrival.

He follows Danu into the room and shuts the door with a click, muffling everything outside.
There are no forms. In fact, this room upon closer inspection contains nothing that could be reasonably written on.

Scyn's grin fades quickly into a frown as he stands in front of the door.
"Just what are you? There was an improbably high energy surge when you came through, the likes of which I haven't seen in many years...
I can tell how dangerous you are just from a glance. You may look like just a beautiful woman to anyone else, but I know power.
So, what kind of being or deity are you?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - OdinYggd - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 04:42 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 02:38 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "Oh there are forms. I had asked a little while ago and was told there weren't any." She smiles, going through that side door to fill out the forms for her arrival.

He follows Danu into the room and shuts the door with a click, muffling everything outside.
There are no forms. In fact, this room upon closer inspection contains nothing that could be reasonably written on.

"Just what are you? There was an improbably high energy surge when you came through, the likes of which I haven't seen in many years...
I can tell how dangerous you are just from a glance. You may look like just a beautiful woman to anyone else, but I know power.

"That power surge wasn't me, it was the world I was escaping from- which I cannot go back to, because the moment the portal closed it ceased to exist." Danu explained. "And please do not call me any kind of divine. Where I came from, it was against the law to think that of my abilities. Besides, I'm retired. I can't do anything of that nature anymore."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 03:12 AM)Comito Wrote: //Could always make them like this.

[Image: RzicBde.jpg]

//ahha you has found the image iwas mentioning

(01-25-2016, 06:16 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 04:42 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He follows Danu into the room and shuts the door with a click, muffling everything outside.

"That power surge wasn't me, it was the world I was escaping from- which I cannot go back to, because the moment the portal closed it ceased to exist." Danu explained. "And please do not call me any kind of divine. Where I came from, it was against the law to think that of my abilities. Besides, I'm retired. I can't do anything of that nature anymore."

"Oh? And then just what was it that destroyed that universe and what were you doing there so close to the end? That's very precise timing you had, missing it by just that much...And so if divine is not correct, then what would be the right thing to call you?" He pauses and pulls out a device from under his sleeve, looking at it intently for a moment. "The energy levels you're giving off now are... acceptable. I believe that it wasn't you who caused that, but I still need to know for sure that you won't be - or bring - a danger to this universe. I've grown quite fond of it; there aren't many places I can go asides from here."

(01-25-2016, 06:50 AM)Shaadaris Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 06:16 AM)OdinYggd Wrote: "That power surge wasn't me, it was the world I was escaping from- which I cannot go back to, because the moment the portal closed it ceased to exist." Danu explained. "And please do not call me any kind of divine. Where I came from, it was against the law to think that of my abilities. Besides, I'm retired. I can't do anything of that nature anymore."

"Oh? And then just what was it that destroyed that universe and what were you doing there so close to the end? That's very precise timing you had, missing it by just that much...And so if divine is not correct, then what would be the right thing to call you?" He pauses and pulls out a device from under his sleeve, looking at it intently for a moment. "The energy levels you're giving off now are... acceptable. I believe that it wasn't you who caused that, but I still need to know for sure that you won't be - or bring - a danger to this universe. I've grown quite fond of it; there aren't many places I can go asides from here."

"It was a timeline that had reached its natural conclusion, and was collapsing in preparation to experience a new beginning. Using what remained of my abilities, I was able to harness some of that collapse energy to forcibly open a portal and went through without knowing where exactly it had connected to. There is no danger whatsoever of anything that happened there affecting here, I've survived such collapses enough times to be sure of that."

She looks nervously at the device, wondering if it was picking up residue or something. "At the present time, I have no more ability than any other mortal being might. In time my abilities might return, but we're talking a timescale of weeks to do even basic abilities and in the vicinity of centuries to actually reach my full potential again- assuming that the environment here even allows that."

"So please, I'm just Danu. Not a goddess, any sort of divine. At the present time I am not even an angel, the jump drained me that far."

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 01-25-2016

Quote:She made had found her way to the front of the hospital looking up at the sign with a sigh of relief as she headed in and walked up to the front desk to take a number trying to read what was on it.

"God damn it... of course..."

"H-hey am i allowed to come in? or shall i wait out here?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Corosar - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 07:28 AM)Midnight_Moonglow Wrote:
Quote:She made had found her way to the front of the hospital looking up at the sign with a sigh of relief as she headed in and walked up to the front desk to take a number trying to read what was on it.

"God damn it... of course..."

"H-hey am i allowed to come in? or shall i wait out here?"

She looked back and smiled as she giggled.

"you do realize that its a multi-species hospital.. besides your a friend.. i may need your help to read these things anyway... and i would not mind you accompanying me"

(01-25-2016, 07:13 AM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 06:50 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: "Oh? And then just what was it that destroyed that universe and what were you doing there so close to the end? That's very precise timing you had, missing it by just that much...And so if divine is not correct, then what would be the right thing to call you?" He pauses and pulls out a device from under his sleeve, looking at it intently for a moment. "The energy levels you're giving off now are... acceptable. I believe that it wasn't you who caused that, but I still need to know for sure that you won't be - or bring - a danger to this universe. I've grown quite fond of it; there aren't many places I can go asides from here."

"It was a timeline that had reached its natural conclusion, and was collapsing in preparation to experience a new beginning. Using what remained of my abilities, I was able to harness some of that collapse energy to forcibly open a portal and went through without knowing where exactly it had connected to. There is no danger whatsoever of anything that happened there affecting here, I've survived such collapses enough times to be sure of that."

She looks nervously at the device, wondering if it was picking up residue or something. "At the present time, I have no more ability than any other mortal being might. In time my abilities might return, but we're talking a timescale of weeks to do even basic abilities and in the vicinity of centuries to actually reach my full potential again- assuming that the environment here even allows that."

"So please, I'm just Danu. Not a goddess, any sort of divine. At the present time I am not even an angel, the jump drained me that far."

He sighs and scratches the back of his neck idly.
"Sorry about all this. I'm rather paranoid about power - I know first-hand what kind of things it can do to morta- eh... normal people."
He holds out his hand.
"Scyn, also not a god, angel, divine, Eternal, or anything in-between. I'm in a similar postion to you, I suppose, though more I gave up power a long time ago than used it up. It's a pleasure to meet you, Danu. I hope this won't sully your first impression of this place. It really is a wonderful station."

(01-25-2016, 09:46 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He sighs and scratches the back of his neck idly.
"Sorry about all this. I'm rather paranoid about power - I know first-hand what kind of things it can do to morta- eh... normal people."
He holds out his hand.
"Scyn, also not a god, angel, divine, Eternal, or anything in-between. I'm in a similar postion to you, I suppose, though more I gave up power a long time ago than used it up. It's a pleasure to meet you, Danu. I hope this won't sully your first impression of this place. It really is a wonderful station."

"It won't. I don't blame anyone for being concerned when my arrival causes that level of weirdness in their equipment. At least you were nice enough to not have me at gunpoint over it. Where should I go next though? Is there a visitors center I can get information about what is nearby? Ideally I'd like to find a nice spot to live for a while, enjoy my retirement a little."

She smiles and looks around, taking in the architecture of the station

// I have a feeling that Scyn (and a few other people) might fit among the High Guards...
// ...I should probably explain that later. For now, just consider the High Guards the greater defense force. Kind of like superheroes, but usually not as powerful.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Midnight_Moonglow - 01-25-2016

Quote:She looked back and smiled as she giggled.

"you do realize that its a multi-species hospital.. besides your a friend.. i may need your help to read these things anyway... and i would not mind you accompanying me"

"Oh hehe of course i'd like to acompny you! i was just wondering incase they didnt let non patients enter thats all"

// well, now seems as good a time as any.
// The High Guards are a faction of the police force (y'know, the Guards) that is comprised of particularly powerful or able-bodied Guards- the most powerful being the head of the force, The Sergeant. Most High Guards are recruited persons of interest that the force has been keeping an eye on; others are Guards who managed to work their way up through either hard work and training or the discovery of some particularly useful or powerful ability or skill.
// They mainly serve as the defense force of the Eden and Nexus 17, like S.H.I.E.L.D from Marvel comics and other fictional defense organizations. If they happen to live in a settlement (for example, Umbra), they work for that station but report to the headquarters on the Eden.
// if anyone wants their character to be a High Guard, just ask me and I'll give/refuse permission, or possibly even have the character be summoned by them via plot stuff. Keep in mind that they don't need to have special 'powers' or anything- someone like the original Surge (no 'powers,' but definitely capable of fighting eldritch horrors and emerging victorious) is a possible candidate as well.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Surge - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 08:06 PM)Umbra Wrote: // well, now seems as good a time as any.
// The High Guards are a faction of the police force (y'know, the Guards) that is comprised of particularly powerful or able-bodied Guards- the most powerful being the head of the force, The Sergeant. Most High Guards are recruited persons of interest that the force has been keeping an eye on; others are Guards who managed to work their way up through either hard work and training or the discovery of some particularly useful or powerful ability or skill.
// They mainly serve as the defense force of the Eden and Nexus 17, like S.H.I.E.L.D from Marvel comics and other fictional defense organizations. If they happen to live in a settlement (for example, Umbra), they work for that station but report to the headquarters on the Eden.
// if anyone wants their character to be a High Guard, just ask me and I'll give/refuse permission, or possibly even have the character be summoned by them via plot stuff. Keep in mind that they don't need to have special 'powers' or anything- someone like the original Surge (no 'powers,' but definitely capable of fighting eldritch horrors and emerging victorious) is a possible candidate as well.
(I appreciate using Surge as an example badass Tongue)

(01-25-2016, 10:00 PM)Surge Wrote: (I appreciate using Surge as an example badass Tongue)

// You're welcome.

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-25-2016

*a gray avali adornd a large white robe enters the gaurd building, with a smug grin*
"Pretty intrestig place."

(01-25-2016, 10:42 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a gray avali adornd a large white robe enters the gaurd building, with a smug grin*

"Your business here, sir?"

RE: Nexus RP: Rebirth - Joeythomas - 01-25-2016

(01-25-2016, 10:57 PM)Umbra Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 10:42 PM)Joeythomas Wrote: *a gray avali adornd a large white robe enters the gaurd building, with a smug grin*

"Your business here, sir?"

"I'm here to pay bail, one of my comrads where arrested for a... Misunderstanding."
*he leans forwards on the desk staring at the secretary*

(01-25-2016, 01:55 PM)OdinYggd Wrote:
(01-25-2016, 09:46 AM)Shaadaris Wrote: He sighs and scratches the back of his neck idly.
He holds out his hand.

"It won't. I don't blame anyone for being concerned when my arrival causes that level of weirdness in their equipment. At least you were nice enough to not have me at gunpoint over it. Where should I go next though? Is there a visitors center I can get information about what is nearby? Ideally I'd like to find a nice spot to live for a while, enjoy my retirement a little."

She smiles and looks around, taking in the architecture of the station
"Heh, good to hear. If there is a visitor's center, I don't know where it is. When I arrived I just wandered around until I had the whole place figured out." He knocks on the metal wall. "It's remarkably easy to navigate when you understand the architectural and mechanical decisions that influenced the layout of the whole place... I suppose if you're still okay with it, I could show you around? If you're planning on living here then the most important places to show you first of all would probably be the residential and market areas. I was actually trying to buy something before the alarms went off, so I'm headed that way anyway."

(01-25-2016, 05:23 PM)Umbra Wrote: // I have a feeling that Scyn (and a few other people) might fit among the High Guards...
// ...I should probably explain that later. For now, just consider the High Guards the greater defense force. Kind of like superheroes, but usually not as powerful.
((I don't know about Scyn. He's an engineering prodigy, but he has absolutely no fighting skills at all asides from being reasonably muscular from his work. At one time he could have probably made an entire High Guard... But alas, he is, coincidentally, retired much like Danu.

Heck, I'm curious about this so let's see if any of my characters would be suited...
))